Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy (20938 Views)

The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / "62-Year-Old Lady Gives Birth After 7 Years Of Pregnancy" - Facebook User Claims / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by jamace(m): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
701ecilana:

Now you are going off topic. Shouldn't we finish one first?
Adultery/fornication and stealing are against God's commandments. Period. No need down playing any.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by zurielsam(m): 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
REDDEVILS1:
We just keep practicing other peoples culture even more than the owners.

bro its not totally other peoples culture. its Nigerian.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by mikedimeji(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
701ecilana:

Pls don't bring King David into this matter o. Go and read what he paid as a result of his action. His actions caused a human life. The child died, that's grievous. If we should go by that, the child in the womb of the lady who insists she be wed with pregnancy should die to pay for that sin?

Abeg nah.
What I understood about u so far from this thread is that u really don't take ur time to comprehend/digest the issue at hand before u make ur contributions. May be u should read what the person I quoted said and also read the Bible passage I quoted. King David was a man after God's Heart yet he fell.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by eyinjuege: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
TheUmbra:

You're absolutely right. Even the blessing of marriage is the parents' responsibility, not even that of a priest or pastor.

You should tell to people that have become obsessed over church weddings, and not the pastors or the church who have obliged them.

I've never heard of any church preaching against traditional or court weddings. I've never heard of any church say a union is not recognised before God because it's traditional or customary.

People shouting church wedding up and down do so for their own satisfaction. They want to wear white wedding dress, they want to have a bridal train, walk gown the aisle with their father's holding their hands etc.
They are the ones who chose the church to do all these btw.
Abroad, very few people get married in church, but they still have a beautiful ceremony, wear their white gowns, walk down the aisle with their fathers, and all sorts.
They can even be joined together by anyone, and not necessarily the pastor of their church.

They are the ones that need to cleanse their minds and not believe they need a church wedding before their union is blessed.

Even Jews in the time of Jesus didn't do church, as they weren't Christians. Mary never married as a Christian. Christians in those days then, got married according to Jewish customs/ traditional customs.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by 701ecilana: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
TheUmbra:

cheesy grin grin

I would do no such thing. The SPIRIT of WISDOM has a different approach from man's way of enforcing righteousness.

Remember, those people in CHRIST's days who thought they were strict and pious had their beliefs thrown on their faces when JESUS came into the picture..;

Feasting with sinners
Correct the Sabbath misconception
Preaching love, forgiveness repentance not condemnation and ostracization.
HE demonstrated this with HIS encounter with the adulteress, even with the thief who repented just at the expiration of his life. You win people over (to CHRIST) by love. Teach them to understand how GOD loves them and how to love GOD back.

Now, let me go back to the question;

If you believe the warped dogma of some churches (only GOD knows where they get the idea from) that says marrying a pregnant woman to the husband means joining three people in marriage because the woman is pregnant, then you must also forbid a husband to have sex with his pregnant wife because it means the man is joining himself to two other people.

You and i seems to be running in circles. I have said it here that am not standing in judgment against anyone in particular. Am as guilty as anyone else because am no saint. I lost my virginity before i got to know it's importance. Am not better than anyone, i have my struggles too. But am taking a stand against an act which results in pregnancy, which is fornication.

Calling a Spade a Spade, not a gardening tool.

I did it, it's a sin. I committed sin. Has God forgiven me? Yes. Will God forgive them? Yes, does it make the
act right? No.

How can we for bit a man from having sex with his pregnant wife? Is sex a sin? Sex within the confines of marriage is an ordnance ordained by Jehovah Himself.

He commanded us to go into the world and multiply and fill the earth, if we don't have sex how are to fulfill that mandate? What God is against is Sex outside marriage. Why are we so stubborn and rebellious to God's instructions?

The Bible admonishes us over and over to flee fornication and every sexual immorality, for other sins are committed outside of the body(the temple of God) but this one is grievous because it defiles His temple.

From the Old to the New Testament, fornication and adultery are the same and it's seen as whoredom with an idols. It's an affront against God my dear.

This scenario in Exodus is the same with what played out in Eden. God says to Adam, 'See to it that you do with all these whatever you please, but just this one, leave it alone', Adam goes for it anyways, and discovers he is naked, God comes back finds Adam naked, kills an animal and covers him up. Will you say because God covered Adam up, Adam is justified for doing what he did? No sir.

Your stance which i fully get is, Since the deed is done and they want to marry, no one should stop them, fine. No one actually is stopping them, because no one could stop them from having the sex which resulted to the pregnancy in the first place. But, if we should follow your argument and allow it, it will be very hypocritical for us to preach against fornication to anyone else.

You preach and say, 'Flee fornication, but if you do it anyways and get pregnant, come no shakes, we will wed you', what will be the resultant effect of that? Wanton indiscriminate sex in the fold.

You said if Priest/Pastor refuses to wed pregnant couples on the premise of pregnancy, then every lady shd undergo a virginity test before wedding, and then i asked you, what about someone us who had lost it before entering the fold?
Fornication can not be ascertained by the brethren, but God alone, so we leave it for Him, but pregnant is an evidence that you have been living in sin. For crying out loud, have the baby then come back. WTH?

You keep thrusting Exodus 22:16 before me, a situation where people have defaulted and contravened the marriage ordinance which should be pure. If this passage you keep harangueing me with is to be taken as valid or right, then we must of necessity completely obliterate Deut. 22:13-16.

Deuteronomy 22:13-16 Laws concerning Sexual Purity

“Suppose a man marries a young woman and later he decides he doesn't want her.

So he makes up false charges against her, accusing her of "not being a virgin" when they got married.

“If this happens, the young woman's parents are to take the blood-stained wedding sheet that proves she was a virgin, and they are to show it in court to the town leaders.

Her father will say to them, ‘I gave my daughter to this man in marriage, and now he doesn't want her.

What the above verses tells us that, a lady OUGHT to marry a virgin. Meaning no pre-marriatal sex.

But Exodus you quoted talks about defaulters, as much as they are to be married, they have done something wrong and we shouldn't justify it and call it right.

Sexual impurity in the New Covenant Church is seriously frowned at, why then do we as Christians take a stand to say, 'Well, we understand that it is wrong, but don't worry, do it and still come'. What is going to act as deterrant to others?.

My dearest. Lets talk marriage and why God instituted it. Let's take sex and what it means to our father, and while at it, lets talk about Children, why do we have Children? The Bible says, Children are God's heritage, what does that mean.
God bless you real good.
Cc: Processor01. Superior1.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by NoToPile: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
701ecilana:

Thank God someone sees my point.

My point has always been on the sanctity of marriage, be it church, traditional or registry. God ordained it, so if it must be done, it's principles shd be followed.

Its just annoying that we leave the main issue which is the sanctity of marriage itself and start talking about other things.

Biblically you are not meant to have sex with your spouse before marriage simple .

If you are oyinbo and your customs is just to join at the courthouse you should not have sex before marriage.
Whatever customs or traditions that hold in your place or country as the marriage process, you should not have sex before that marriage.That's the bible. We will now be hiding under the canopy of its traditional I want to do I can sleep with my spouse.

As for church wedding, its more of a feferity in my opinion, if you want to go for it no problem but the hypocrisy among us Christians is that you will see someonr say I got married 2011 and got wedded 2013 and one will be like what's all this. If you can't afford a church wedding fufil the rites collect your cert at the registry and go home with your wife.God honors it.

After you have married the woman and consumated the marriage you will now come back and say you want to do solemnization, what are you solemnizing? Marriage has already been consummated naa.

Sex before marriage is bad in its own self, we just like deceiving ourselves as christains.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by tommiesyn: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
The MAIN issue here is our thought pattern.

People need to understand that Church wedding is man's making. No Scriptural support for this.
But the society has been wired to think if you've not had a church/white wedding, you're not married yet.
Gross Fallacy!
Simply, a church/white wedding is not/was not/will never be a spiritual demand.

Believers need a serious reorientation along this line.

Scripturally, when family consent has been sought and marital rites settled, couples are married, CONFIRMED.
No human can join 2 people in marriage, No.

As for joining a pregnant bride, it should be discouraged. Reason is, if allowed or supported, others will see nothing wrong with fornication/sex outside marriage, maybe in the long run. Congregants will feel since it was permitted for couple X, then we can go on.
I think this is standard enough.
And this exactly is what the church must frown against.

I strongly stand against fornication, strongly. Either it results into pregnancy or not, Sin is sin.

But then, God forgives, if confessed to Him and repented of. A nonpregnant fornicator is not holier than a pregnant one.

I am contrary to Church/White weddings, people need to be emancipated from this stronghold.

Settle family rites, visit the registry to legalize matters and enjoy your marriage. God has blessed you already!

Say NO to fornication by all means Brethren.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by 701ecilana: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
NoToPile:

Its just annoying that we leave the main issue which is the sanctity of marriage itself and start talking about other things.

Biblically you are not meant to have sex with your spouse before marriage simple .

If you are oyinbo and your customs is just to join at the courthouse you should not have sex before marriage.
Whatever customs or traditions that hold in your place or country as the marriage process, you should not have sex before that marriage.That's the bible. We will now be hiding under the canopy of its traditional I want to do I can sleep with my spouse.

As for church wedding, its more of a feferity in my opinion, if you want to go for it no problem but the hypocrisy among us Christians is that you will see someonr say I got married 2011 and got wedded 2013 and one will be like what's all this. If you can't afford a church wedding fufil the rites collect your cert at the registry and go home with your wife.God honors it.

After you have married the woman and consumated the marriage you will now come back and say you want to do solemnization, what are you solemnizing? Marriage has already been consummated naa.

Sex before marriage is bad in its own self, we just like deceiving ourselves as christains.
It's a misunderstanding. Marriage is marriage whether traditionally or registry. I seriously don't get it. Some people do Trad, go for Court then go for white Wedding in Church yet still sign a register which the Church gets from the court. What is the rigmarole for?

Oyibo came to our shores and thrust their customs on us, undermining ours, and we, even now that we quite know what game the whites tried to play on us, still follow and hold it so high above ours.

Let's ask ourselves this; the whites who marry in court, do they still go to Church to Wed? I mean todays Oyibo.

Biko, una wey dey live for UK and US make una help us. Do the white people Marry in Court then later proceed to wed in Church again? I doubt it.

Court or Church wedding, (the one they wear white) is their culture, their traditional marriage, just like our own we dey tie wrapper.

What i see from my Bible is dowry, if it's paid, i don dey shag my husband be that, but till then, him no go even see am sef.

My point here has been on marriage, be it traditional or Church. If i insist to wed in Church too (Just to fulfill all righteousness), then i must stay till i say i do.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by NoToPile: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2017
701ecilana:

It's a misunderstanding. Marriage is marriage whether traditionally or registry. I seriously don't get it. Some people do Trad, go for Court then go for white Wedding in Church yet still sign a register which the Church gets from the court. What is the rigmarole for?

Oyibo came to our shores and thrust their customs on us, undermining ours, and we, even now that we quite know what game the whites tried to play on us, still follow and hold it so high above ours.

Let's ask ourselves this; the whites who marry in court, do they still go to Church to Wed? I mean todays Oyibo.

Biko, una wey dey live for UK and US make una help us. Do the white people Marry in Court then later proceed to wed in Church again? I doubt it.

Court or Church wedding, (the one they wear white) is their culture, their traditional marriage, just like our own we dey tie wrapper.

What i see from my Bible is dowry, if it's paid, i don dey shag my husband be that, but till then, him no go even see am sef.

My point here has been on marriage, be it traditional or Church. If i insist to wed in Church too (Just to fulfill all righteousness), then i must stay till i say i do.

My point too

It seems we christains in Nigeria are just confused sometimes.

The Mata tata person jare
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by 701ecilana: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
mikedimeji:

What I understood about u so far from this thread is that u really don't take ur time to comprehend/digest the issue at hand before u make ur contributions. May be u should read what the person I quoted said and also read the Bible passage I quoted. King David was a man after God's Heart yet he fell.
Oh okay. I didn't get that angle. Sorry.

No, falling is not the issue here, everyone falls, but justifying it is what we are about here.

King David fell, but did he justify it when Prophet Nathan confronted him? No.
But the people who goes into fornication and gets pregnant knowing the Bible's stance on the issue of sexual immorality but still comes to church with a brazen face asking to be wed, to me is justifying it.

Again, am sorry.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by 701ecilana: 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
jamace:
Adultery/fornication and stealing are against God's commandments. Period. No need down playing any.
Completely true, but this thread is about Sex, illicit sex not theft.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by 701ecilana: 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
NoToPile:

My point too

It seems we christains in Nigeria are just confused sometimes.

The Mata tata person jare
Like I said, if my papa don collect dey money, okpari, am free to flow.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by pauladonis(m): 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
clefstone:

In summary, marriage is a union between a man and a woman, ordained by God. The same God is merciful and admonishes us not to judge. As christians we should therefore desist from using man's fallen nature to reason things of God such as marriage

What you summarized here is actually the most sensible and correct perspective to view the matter...

You think churches are discriminatory now or just simply obeying God as is in your summary? Marriage is between 2 people and not 3... The Bible did not say, "And 3 shall come together and become one" or, "Can 3 walk together except they agree?" The miracle of marriage is that 2 people are joined together,

So, stop speaking or writing things before you think about it...
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by mikedimeji(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
tommiesyn:
The MAIN issue here is our thought pattern.

People need to understand that Church wedding is man's making. No Scriptural support for this.
But the society has been wired to think if you've not had a church/white wedding, you're not married yet.
Gross Fallacy!
Simply, a church/white wedding is not/was not/will never be a spiritual demand.

Believers need a serious reorientation along this line.

Scripturally, when family consent has been sought and marital rites settled, couples are married, CONFIRMED.
No human can join 2 people in marriage, No.

As for joining a pregnant bride, it should be discouraged. Reason is, if allowed or supported, others will see nothing wrong with fornication/sex outside marriage, maybe in the long run. Congregants will feel since it was permitted for couple X, then we can go on.
I think this is standard enough.
And this exactly is what the church must frown against.

I strongly stand against fornication, strongly. Either it results into pregnancy or not, Sin is sin.

But then, God forgives, if confessed to Him and repented of. A nonpregnant fornicator is not holier than a pregnant one.

I am contrary to Church/White weddings, people need to be emancipated from this stronghold.

Settle family rites, visit the registry to legalize matters and enjoy your marriage. God has blessed you already!

Say NO to fornication by all means Brethren.
U have spoken well, but do u also see the possibility of this policy of pregnancy test before marriage being carried out by some churches promoting abortion among intending couples. The op does condemn every act of immorality but in a situation where some brethren happens to be a victim of this, is it appropriate for the church to cast them away? The grace of God upon our lives differs, its happening to people (spirit filled christains) either we like it or not. 1 Corinthians 10:12 says something interesting. By pregnancy some people are already picturing someone with a protruding belly, mostly not the case, we know pregnancy is pregnancy but in a situation where a pregnancy test is carried out few days before the wedding and the result shows that the lady is 4-6 weeks pregnant and on such ground cancelled the weeding. As much as we think it will help to check mate excesses it can also be a ground for people to consider abortion which make the matter worse.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
701ecilana:

It's not about White Wedding, it's about marriage. And sex before marriage which results in pregnancy is what we are about here.
Yes sex before marriage I agree but does the church has scriptures to join couple in matrimony? No.If the church decides to wed couple and they come up with doctrines to checkmate formication then intending couple should abide by the rules of the church or opt in for court wedding. So it's very simple,it's either you obey the rules on pregnancy test before wedding or opt out.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
TheUmbra:

You're absolutely right. Even the blessing of marriage is the parents' responsibility, not even that of a priest or pastor.
Exactly! We mustn't copy the whites in all aspects as Christians. The Bible is the standard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
TheUmbra:

Consider also Exodus 22 : 16. And since the GOD of all creation in HIS wisdom and holiness makes provision for fornicators to get married (giving the fact that pregnancy can take place within minutes after sexual intercourse) where did pastors and priests derive their self-righteous dogma to deny these sets of people church marriage? Who even ordained them to conduct marriage? Certainly not GOD.
Yea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by mikedimeji(m): 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
701ecilana:

Oh okay. I didn't get that angle. Sorry.

No, falling is not the issue here, everyone falls, but justifying it is what we are about here.

King David fell, but did he justify it when Prophet Nathan confronted him? No.
But the people who goes into fornication and gets pregnant knowing the Bible's stance on the issue of sexual immorality but still comes to church with a brazen face asking to be wed, to me is justifying it.

Again, am sorry.
First I want u to know that So far we all condemn Every form of immortality. Now From this ur point, I have a simple question for u and u should answer it sincerely with ur church mind. As a member of the pastorate (people who are supposed to be shepherd), if a pregnancy test is conducted for an intended couple (the lady) a week before their wedding and the reault shows that she's 4 weeks pregnant, what will u suggest to the other members of the pastorate?
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by tommiesyn: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
mikedimeji:

U have spoken well, but do u also see the possibility of this policy of pregnancy test before marriage being carried out by some churches promoting abortion among intending couples. The op does condemn every act of immorality but in a situation where some brethren happens to be a victim of this, is it appropriate for the church to cast them away? The grace of God upon our lives differs, its happening to people (spirit filled christains) either we like it or not. 1 Corinthians 10:12 says something interesting. By pregnancy some people are already picturing someone with a protruding belly, mostly not the case, we know pregnancy is pregnancy but in a situation where a pregnancy test is carried out few days before the wedding and the result shows that the lady is 4-6 weeks pregnant and on such ground cancelled the weeding. As much as we think it will help to check mate excesses it can also be a ground for people to consider abortion which make the matter worse.

The foundational issue which is fornication must be dealt with, either resulting to pregnancy, abortion or none.

One will not expect a believer to abort as a cover up for fornication, sincerely. Rather, repentance should be the focus here and not another sin of murder.

Again, the issue with most people is their attempt to gain the acceptance of men.
If an intending couple have committed fornication leading to pregnancy, it is only God who can understand and forgive them. If they have received pardon from God, they shouldn't bother about other irrelevant matters.
Make peace with God and family.

Most churches will not want to join them. It is understandable because they basically want to correct that error and prevent it from spreading.
Such a church should do their best to make the couple understand WHY and let them know that God has accepted them if they've sincerely repented.

I think the other issue here is, people think Church weddings make them acceptable before God and society. This is NOT true.

Churches should ensure that fornication is capitally discouraged, not wedding pregnant people can be a measure to achieve this.

Fornication is fornication, as long as family rites and/or legal matters are not settled and either you desire a church wedding or not.

Importantly, communicating your intentions must be done in love and clear understanding without rejecting or condemning the recipients.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by Malawian(m): 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
Please, which church prevents pregnant women from getting married? what is their position after the lady puts to bed?
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by fromnigeria(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
mikedimeji:

I laugh at ur ignorance, go and ask King David. 1 Corinthians 10:12 is for u.
If king David is your example in aspect of marriage... You will never please God in that aspect. Because he never did.
And the bible does not cite David as example when it talks about marriage.

Look unto... Adam...Abraham... Christ and the Church.... For marriage that will please God.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by mikedimeji(m): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
fromnigeria:

If king David is your example in aspect of marriage... You will never please God in that aspect. Because he never did.
And the bible does not cite David as example when it talks about marriage.

Look unto... Adam...Abraham... Christ and the Church.... For marriage that will please God.
Bros don't run away from it truth we learn every day. Go straight to ur last post, u will see the part I quoted.
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by bardiprecious: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
the man of God biblically is supposed to join two people in holy matrimony not three,because wen the lady is pregnant she is two she and her unborn child putting on wedding gown standing in front of the alter of God with the man making it 3 people that are being joined....if a lady gets pregnant she should go and give birth after come for marriage blessing.in the church..after all church marriage is not biblical ,the most important thing God is concerned with is the husband to be paying dowry to the father of the girl ,and the father of the girl giving his consent ....any other activities being down after this is our human ceremonies ....be it church or court
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by clefstone(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
TheUmbra:

I was talking about prophet "Nathan's narrative" Not David's action, by the way which was ADULTERY AND MURDER and not fornication. You mustn't argue for the love of argument.

Prophet Nathan gave King David a narrative (story) of a poor man with just one lamb versus a rich man with many lambs. That was what inspired my own story. Understanding is key to any debate.

Please don't make me question your mental strength and intellectual integrity. Exodus 22 : 16 is about SEX BETWEEN UNMARRIED PEOPLE

You have yet again failed to pilot your reasoning into the realms of GOD's wisdom for compelling two unmarried fornicators who aren't engaged to marry. GOD was trying to teach HIS people that you must not commit the sin of fornication. If you do, you must marry her. Not banished from the gathering of HIS people, not cut from among HIS people, as you sanctimoniously opine.

The fact that GOD made a provision for them to be married and HE recognised their marriage, and that HE never ordained marriage, no matter how holy the couple may be to be stagged in the temple throws your fallacy out the window of common sense.

When you run out of point, it is far more honourable to stop typing and save yourself unnecessary embarrassment. How does this fit into GOD's word in Exodus 22 : 16. How does this fit into the lives of Mary and Joseph? That tradition is expected of maidens who claimed to be virgins as they go into matrimony. And it's subject to her would-be husband's discretion whether to declare her a virgin or not.

Double speech!

Just agree that churches and pastors requiring pregnancy test before conducting marriage in their churches missed the purpose of their calling.

Only the unrepentant sinner will not inherit GOD's Kingdom. For if we confess our sins to HIM , HE is faithful and just to forgive us and cleans of from all our iniquities. (1 john 1:9)

You must no abuse scripture and qoute it to accommodate your sanctimonious stance. You're quoting 1 Cor 5 where a whole church was proud of a member who was sleeping with his father's wife. A case of incest and Adultery. The "old laven of malice and wickedness". It was a call for repentance, and not just for the immoral incestuous man but for the whole church.

Indeed! You are not a sinner. Since the day you surrendered to JESUS, you have lived every day of every minute and of every second, down to this very day in complete holiness! You stink of hypocrisy, brother!

There's no law of GOD that gives a pastor or priest to officiate a marital bonding of a man and a woman.

Whatever kind of marriage one chooses as his or her marital preference, a pastor has no powers to affirm or revoke. The bride price doesn't belong to him, neither nor his church.

That people where deceived into thinking it is the priest/pastor who actually confirms a man and woman husband and wife doesn't mean the pastor or priest can employ extra-scriptural commands on the people because they elected to do a church wedding. The Pharisees who were priests and leaders suffered severe criticism from CHRIST when they commanded the people to observe certain seemingly pious act that had no scriptural support.

[s][/s]

You deceive yourself. You should have said "if every Christian that sins, including you and the pregnant unmarried woman refuse to repent then we should be kicked out of church.

As you granted yourself the chance of repentance, so does the unmarried pregnant woman deserves a chance of repentance. Not outright banishment or rejection as you suggest.

Now you can see how your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens?

You mustn't continue in this shameless deceit. We all know that among many churches and Christian gatherings, once a member isn't wedded in a church, they're considered not really married by the church.

Spiritual advice can be given outside church wedding.

Not quite. A Christian can object to certain cultural practices that runs against his faith. He normally dialogues with the bride's father on such conflict of interests.

How shamelessly pathetic of you! You're trying to endorse a secular government interference in church spiritual procedures.

"God didn't give any procedure for xten wedding"

GOD has made it clear in several scriptural passages that a bride price be paid and the father of the bride gives his daughter out in marriage.

Never was a priest or pastor called into the procedure.

I think you're a willful liar who subvert scriptures to suit his own self-serving, hypocritical posture.

I'm done with you.

He is Jehovah's witness, so u shouldn't be surprised

1 Like

Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by Apina(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
TheUmbra:

You're quite in the know that answering my question HONESTLY would render your postulation dead.

Since you claim marrying a man with a pregnant woman means the joining of three people, going by that principle, why would a husband sleeping with his pregnant wife not constitute joining himself to two other people, since sex is between two married people and not three?

And you say I jumped ship. When you operate on human wisdom and build your dogma from the foundation of arrogance and self-righteousness, you end up contradicting yourself and scriptures will puncture holes in your self-inflated righteousness.
As I said, the child though being in the womb of his mother is a separate entity. The child has no knowledge of whatever his or her parents are up to or actively participates, its simple common sense. Because the child is in the mothers womb doesn't mean d child gets to have sex with his parents or are u saying otherwise?
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by TheUmbra: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
Apina:

As I said, the child though being in the womb of his mother is a separate entity. The child has no knowledge of whatever his or her parents are up to or actively participates, its simple common sense. Because the child is in the mothers womb doesn't mean d child gets to have sex with his parents or are u saying otherwise?

So why doesn't the same principle apply to a pregnant woman exchanging marital vows with her bridegroom? As you rightly put it "the child though being in the womb of his mother is a separate entity. The child has no knowledge of whatever his or her parents are up to or actively participates,..."
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by clefstone(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
captain247:
Is church wedding biblical?
When Jesus turn water into wine in that wedding in the Bible was it in synagogue or at the parents of the brides place?
In as much the church doesn't criticize you if you do only traditional marriage why criticizing the church for their stand against pregnancy before church wedding.
The church must not go bend in their laws just to please you. Every institution or organization has their rules and regulations to adhere to likely the church is no exception.
If you're pregnant knowing the church position why not opt for the easy way instead of making yourself to be condemned or ridicule by the church. Go for a traditional and full court wedding there after reception and even the church members will still attend.
what if the Church law goes against God's divine nature?
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by TheUmbra: 9:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
clefstone:
He is Jehovah's witness, so u shouldn't be surprised

grin grin grin
Actually, I've been mindful not to use that fact as a weapon against his derivative postulations
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by clefstone(m): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
Apina:

you just shot youself in d foot with this ur response
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by clefstone(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
pauladonis:

What you summarized here is actually the most sensible and correct perspective to view the matter...

You think churches are discriminatory now or just simply obeying God as is in your summary? Marriage is between 2 people and not 3... The Bible did not say, "And 3 shall come together and become one" or, "Can 3 walk together except they agree?" The miracle of marriage is that 2 people are joined together,

So, stop speaking or writing things before you think about it...
The mother and child are separate entity, having different DNA and blood types, the mother's vow is her vow and doesn't involve the unborn child in any way
Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by Oghumu1(m): 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
701ecilana:

My stance is against pre-marital sex which brings about the pregnancy, not even the pregnancy. The Op stance is encouraging sex outside of marriage hence insist that they be wedded. If folks are having sex outside of marriage but taking pills or using condom, they are sinner/fornicators deceiving themselves in Church.

Oh, that we know the consequences of fornication, we won't encourage it.

The worst sin before God is idol worship, and fornication to God is likened to idol worship. Adultery and fornication carries the same consequence.

Let anyone who feels because nobody see him/her doing it not think he/she is safe, that sin is a two fold sin. You sin against God, and against yourself.

Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and God says anyone who defiles his temple shall be destroyed.

Maybe you didnt get his points... he's saying whats the essence carrying a pregnancy test when we know there are so many ways they could have sex and not get pregnant and when the test comes out negative they celebrate them while the one who has kept the pregnancy is been seen as a bad type and not celebrated...it should stop, lets not judge and when people discover their mistake and ask for forgivenss lets forgive and move on..

1 Like

Re: It Is Unchristian To Deprive A Couple Marriage On Account Of Pregnancy by MightyFortress: 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
TheUmbra:

I'll like to give you a little illustration which follows thus:

A man once lived in a little Christian community. Most people living in that community were mostly decent and GODly people who practice their Christian faith with all sincerity as far as their understanding leads them.

One day, the man became hungry and stole his neighbour's goat and ate it. He was caught and reported to the king who doubles as the town's priest.

The man pleaded and offered to repay the stolen goat but the king refused and banished him for bringing such shame and abominable act of stealing in a GODly community. The man was denied the opportunity to right his wrong.

My point is this; a man who brings a lady he impregnated to church in order to make her his wife does well. He has taken the first step of repentance, to right his wrong and give the woman a befitting place in his life. A church denying him this opportunity of righting his wrong does not act in the wisdom of the HOLY SPIRIT, but from the legalistic yoke of a Pharisee.

That was not the principle of CHRIST and the adulterous woman in John 8. Slut-shaming a woman by denying her the opportunity to a church wedding because she's pregnant as a result of fornication has no scriptural base. It spurned from man's self-righteous act and extra-scriptural misapplication.

It is a different matter when a Christian brother and sister are caught in fornication and the church decides to discipline them.

And what gives a church the right to ask intending couples to do a compulsory pregnancy test? What sheer arrogance and pastoral overreach! Do they go over the board making sure every money donated in their offertory coffers is untainted? Bloody 21st century Pharisees!

There was never a direct or implied command from GOD to any priest or pastor to join any couple in matrimony. And none of the patriarch in scripture ever did. Not Moses, not CHRIST nor any of HIS disciples.

There's no scriptural reference from where a priest or pastor can draw his authority to declare couple husband and wife. Church marriage was man's creation.

But it's a good thing if only priests and pastors would stop hijacking the roles of parents and act humbly by blessing the union after obtaining the consent of the couple and of their parents.

Wise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Mrs Veronica Going Viral is a Fake News: See the real Evidence Here / A Girl Slept With An Alhaji And Turned Into A Snake With Human Head. / How To Summon The Demon Clauneck For Wealth (tips To A Successful Money Drawing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.