Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? (4456 Views)

Poll: Simple and approachable or hard to get?

Hard to get: 23% (9 votes)
Simple and approachable.: 76% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, 10 Tips On How To Seem More Approachable To Guys / Ladies, 10 Tips On How To Seem More Approachable To Guys / 13 Charming Ways To Be More Approachable To Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by legs(f): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2005
I really cant see what all the debate is about. The ladies may be exercising caution on the one hand, but may actually be playing hard to get on the other, who cares? Afterall (going by the opinion poll in here) the fact that she plays hard to get should be an instant turn-off, if you want to play along... fine, there's no big deal. If she no want leave her alone, nothing is by force just get the stepping simple!

people abeg if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by babagana(m): 9:17am On Dec 19, 2005
hot-angel:

hehehahahah... LADIES!

From all indications, guys love approachable girls.

I voted the "hard-to-get".. Which is just one vote (and it's not even from the guys.. because i voted for it).

14 guys have obviously said they want the easy approachable girls. So ermm.. sisters, ease off the gas oo.

HOT_ANGEL I really think you're an angel, realistic, down to earth kind of person, objective and straight to point. As for being HOT I don't know, but what you said here is precisely what some legs need to know, not to say if you can't take the heat stay out......... Kinda curious though, are you HOT?
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by yemstrad(f): 10:50am On Dec 19, 2005
hot-angel:

hehehahahah... LADIES!

From all indications, guys love approachable girls.

I voted the "hard-to-get".. Which is just one vote (and it's not even from the guys.. because i voted for it).

14 guys have obviously said they want the easy approachable girls. So ermm.. sisters, ease off the gas oo.

I don't think there is anyone who will expect ur vote to go the contrary. U've done just what any lady on the site will do even though, u may realistically be on the other side of ur vote.

Nigerian girls eeennhh! They can pretend a lot.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by legs(f): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2005
babagana:

HOT_ANGEL I really think you're an angel, realistic, down to earth kind of person, objective and straight to point. As for being HOT I don't know, but what you said here is precisely what some legs need to know, not to say if you can't take the heat stay out......... Kinda curious though, are you HOT?

I will simply reiterate what I earlier said - I cant see what all the fuss is about. If the girl starts what u consider to be ‘forming’ and you cant take it … My brother ‘waka’! After all you were surviving before you saw her.

Its not by force. I think you guys need to ease off the gas yourselves, and stop taking it as an affront on your ego if a girl plays hard-to-get. From what I heard from some guys the fun is in the chase. I don’t know cos I am not a guy, perhaps the guys here could confirm or rebut this.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by shockreaction(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2005
Laides who play hard-to-get just aren't, my, thing...
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by vinna(f): 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2005
I'm a babe, but personally i don't think a lady has to be rude to say NO to a guy (even if that guy was way beneath her in all things).Being nice and polite doesn't make you cheap but matured.

And i think its foolish to want something and then pretend as if you don't (of course you can make him chase) but do it warmly and nicely. Its the confusion of not knowing what u're really up to that will make him go gaga.

On the other hand, i believe a woman should have PRIDE, that is what makes us a woman. I may sound old-fashioned now,but this is my own view. A woman should not throw herself at a man (cos God made it to be d other way round). I know this is prevalent today, but I do not subscribe to it.

If i were a guy, i'll be put off any babe who act rude just to say no to me and would certainly throw up if a lady throws herself at me. Call me old-fashioned, but that is Vinna for u.

There should be order in everything!
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by Seun(m): 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2005
legs:
From what I heard from some guys the fun is in the chase.

For a playa (aka professional toaster) the fun indeed is in the chase. That is why once they "conquer" you in bed, they move on to the next prey. So playing the hard might get you that kind of man, but are they really worth the time of a sensible girl? You will hear some girls complaining that good men are scarce and all men are bad, but it might be because they use their attitude to drive away god men and attract playas who enjoy the thrill of the chase more than any other thing.

Check the poll. It is overwhelmingly clear that 'hard to get' is an unpopular game. Some people play it simply because they don't know better. If "no" really means "no" then dating will be less complicated. It would be about trying to determine how compatible your aspirations in life are.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by FOD(m): 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2005
Thanks for being our spokesman, the girlfriendless ones.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by legs(f): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2005
perhaps we should be more precise about the terminology we use here so that we dont end up talking at cross purposes... rolleyes

Are we talking playing-hard-to-get or we just talking plain rude and discourteous?
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by ProfBills(m): 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2005
Not being Specific or explicit in this matter may keep us out of track, and unfocused. A girl may decide to play the hard way, because she wants to keep her dignity. I for one, will not be too happy to accept a girl who will just say "YES" to my proposal, without giving a second thought. You must always understand that what is got cheaply will be taken away cheaply. If you strain to get a girl, u may be a bit confident that any other boy will strain to get her, keeping u on the safe side. If u are the sensitive type, even when a girl plays hard, u'll understand if she is 4 u or not. The only aspect I'll have to castigate squarely, is turning u down in Pride. Afterall, sometimes u are turned down because of the way u started the show urself
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by IAH(f): 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2005
ProfBills:

Not being Specific or explicit in this matter may keep us out of track, and unfocused. A girl may decide to play the hard way, because she wants to keep her dignity. I for one, will not be too happy to accept a girl who will just say "YES" to my proposal, without giving a second thought. You must always understand that what is got cheaply will be taken away cheaply. If you strain to get a girl, u may be a bit confident that any other boy will strain to get her, keeping u on the safe side. If u are the sensitive type, even when a girl plays hard, u'll understand if she is for u or not. The only aspect I'll have to castigate squarely, is turning u down in Pride. Afterall, sometimes u are turned down because of the way u started the show yourself

Oh I love this, ProfBills! *Claps*
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by Scorpio(f): 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2005
ProfBills:

sometimes u are turned down because of the way u started the show yourself
word!
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by snazzydawn(f): 8:05am On Dec 31, 2005
IAH,na you get time to dey argue o!!! well,playing hard to get?For me,I don't do that o!!!For me,its either never to get or YES!!!even when I say yes,it doesn't make me less than who I am in his eyes,get it?You don't cheapen yourself in a relationship by playing hard to get.You earn his respect when you do what you should do and stuff like that....I will elaborate later.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by IAH(f): 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2005
snazzydawn:

IAH,na you get time to dey argue o!!! well,playing hard to get?For me,I don't do that o!!!For me,its either never to get or YES!!!

That's what I'm talking about. That never-to-get is what people misinterprete for hard-to-get. Some people just believe they are so cool that you can't possibly say No to them and really mean it. Hahahahahaha! grin
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by dafman(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2005
I would definitely prefer a simple approachable lady, I've learnt not to waste time on so called "Hard to get" ladies...I mean it's man hours that could be put to more useful use. Now you must agree with me that if a girl wants you even though she doesn't say yes immediately there would be telltale signs, hints and all that would keep you trying...that makes sense....otherwise I would take it that she's "Never to get". Afterall it's not like this is them old days that 90% of girls were virgins so why the stress
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by sage(m): 4:07am On Jan 01, 2006
life is too short to waste on any balloon headed girl and time is very precious indeed.

Chasing a hard to get that drags u all over the place== a foolish waste of time( time which u could use to make money or do other important things)
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by mide2(f): 4:38am On Jan 01, 2006
ProfBills:

Not being Specific or explicit in this matter may keep us out of track, and unfocused. A girl may decide to play the hard way, because she wants to keep her dignity. I for one, will not be too happy to accept a girl who will just say "YES" to my proposal, without giving a second thought. You must always understand that what is got cheaply will be taken away cheaply. If you strain to get a girl, u may be a bit confident that any other boy will strain to get her, keeping u on the safe side. If u are the sensitive type, even when a girl plays hard, u'll understand if she is for u or not. The only aspect I'll have to castigate squarely, is turning u down in Pride. Afterall, sometimes u are turned down because of the way u started the show yourself

I beg to disagree a lil with your opinion. because it's as easy as ABCD to pretend. I may play hard to get and at the end of the day, the juice aint worth the squezze. Cuz a gurl plays hard to get or says yes almost immediately or even was the one to ask you out doesn't in anyway give out what's in the real her.

I think the hard to get thing just get the whole stuff confused, guys wouldn't know if it's a definite no or just a hard to get stunt.

I for one hate guys that wouldn't take a no for an answer, i must confess they piss the hell off me. I feel like asking them what part of the NO they don't seem to understand, the N or the O ? They just get on your nerves disturbing you are such inappropriate times.

I feel making yourself valuable now comes in when the r/ship is on......it's then i believe in ''making him work for it''.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by yemstrad(f): 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2006
snazzydawn:

IAH,na you get time to dey argue o!!! well,playing hard to get?For me,I don't do that o!!!For me,its either never to get or YES!!!even when I say yes,it doesn't make me less than who I am in his eyes,get it?You don't cheapen yourself in a relationship by playing hard to get.You earn his respect when you do what you should do and stuff like that.I will elaborate later.

How is ur "never to get" like? 'cos te manner u execute that "never to get" is the main thrust of this thread. Please, elaborate as early as possible. I'm more than being merely interested.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by Rolly: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2006
if were a guy, i would prefer a simple approachable lady who has her dignity.

as a girl, guys who dont take no for an answer really piss me off and playing hard to get is a big waste of time. it is either no or yes.

and guys (i know most of u know this) but, if u ask a girl out, and shes playing hard to get, abeg leave her o! cos she'll just be messing with u

and u dont want that right? cheesy
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by larger20(m): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2006
Ladies it is not always true! I am gona marry this nigerian girl, she approached me first. So get it straight. Relationship Got serious when we exchanged numbers and meet at a resturant
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by eveseh(f): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2006
larger_20:

Ladies it is not always true! I am gona marry this nigerian girl, she approached me first. So get it straight. Relationship Got serious when we exchanged numbers and meet at a resturant

cheesy grin wink smiley
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by babagana(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2006
I hope!!!!
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by Gemini25(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2008
The Concept of Approachable or Hard to get we might be mixing up here

A Lady could be " Approachable" in the sense that she is friendly and sociable, but when it comes to dating and relationship she might be the hardest nut to crack.

My take is that Ladies whom want to attract the best guys should be presentable, lively, fun and socially intelligent. However she should set her standards for the kind of guy she wants and when the right guy comes along she would spot him in a crowd of admirers.

For me i like a lady that's confident, well mannered and good looking, her being approachable or hard to get is a different cup of tea.
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by tkb417(m): 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2008
ill definitely prefer the easy meat. Why should i waste my time chasing women when im supposed to be making money for myself.

When you have money, the 'hard to get' will become the easy prey. cool cool
Re: Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? by Shokoloko(f): 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2008
I think a lady shld not play hard to get but shld be hard to get. if you play or act the truth will eventually unfold but if you'renaturally difficult to get through to like me then cool but somtimes you have to open up tobe able to make things work. i think a balance is in order.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prefers An Ibo Man To A Yoruba Man / See How This Woman Exposed Her Boot In Church Today / Strangest/naughtiest Places You Have Fingered A Woman Or Where A Woman Has Been

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.