Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? (32019 Views)

Guys Which Of These Two Ladies Would You Prefer To Marry. / The Baby I Am Carrying Belongs To My Ex-Boyfriend - Lady To Boyfriend / What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by xross(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Here in Nigeria? My dear, minds only worry those who are trying to get married for the wrong reasons. Anyone who wants to get married, stay married and for the sole reason that they found someone who completes them in every way, they ll cope with the pressure, trust me.

well you are right.

its not the ladies. some guys are just .......
the come for the kill
keep shooting till they are tired or caught then they troot off.

if a lady meets her match. ball and socket. there will be friction but they would stay.

if it takes long even guys tend to marry amiss.

lets pick lambs and we need not pray to see sheeps.

and not kids or puppies
because if we pick the last 2.

na goat and dog go come out and no matter how nice or how much they matched at the onset coping would be terrible
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Charly68: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
Go and ask Senator Yerima ...
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
Onyiridike:

Where did you get this from. Any lady that does not know what she wants from 18 years of age has a very poor mental development.

30 what? At 30 you are supposed to be done with having children already.

Biologically yes at 18. But good marriage is more than just procreating or breeding.

At 30s, Pyschologically, mentally, socially, emotionally, financially, a woman is developed and in a balanced state to understand what she is getting herself into and her choices to get and stay married HAPPILY

Some people may get there in their mid to late 20s but full development occurs at 30s.

This is documented science via brain and psychological studies. Not folk lore.

I understand attaining this 30s being the gold standard in reality does not happen for various multifaceted reasons such as socio-economic, cultural and religious issues eapecially in developing worlds like Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by xross(m): 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
jashar:
i'm happy some mature dudes here are saying that the pressure should be put off ladies to get married. with the high rate of divorce nowadays, it's good that people stop seeing marriage as a major life goal.
it's great to be married, don't get me wrong, but a lot of ladies have entered 'one-chance' marriages because of societal pressure.

unhmm
I agree with you.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by jashar(f): 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
xross:

unhmm
I agree with you.

smiley
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
It shud be when you are matured and ready for marriage! Prepared in mind body and soul! Marriage isn't child's play. So if a 25 year old is matured in all ramification and ready then Y not!
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by xross(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
many guys will come here and say 30 and above and keep ...... all the 18-29 ladies around them. then pick a younger than 30 when time comes

many ladies will also say no time is right. every Lady has her time.

but if you want to marry when you like keep yourself, build a real life not social fake one and even if you are 35 men will chase you.

real men marry value not age
but if a 24 yr old lady isnt matured enough ( some ladies have masters at that age and are doing fine) then lets see how far.

dont be decieved age always matters thats my take

am open to educating corrections though

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Etisaljoseph: 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sniper12:
When she can fend for her self. Marriage is not a poverty allievation program
You murdered it
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by bezimo(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
ITbomb:
23 to 26

But alas, that's when slaying just got the peak
By 27 when the number of likes and toast is beginning to dwindling, church done start be that

Lol!!
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by doskie(m): 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
fickylady:
What is normal age and unnormal age for a lady to get married?
putting normalcy on any age for marriage constitutes undue pressure. feel free. just fall in love

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by UbChapter(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
fickylady:

Madam, if you are the one on your DP, do you still need to ask what is the normal age for marriage? You should be talking about ending childbirth after giving birth to four already.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
Davidgrey:
Wrong!

The social conception is that a woman is fully developed(mental and social growth) in her "late" 20's but that logic is wrong, it's actually "30"

At age of 30 a woman knows herself very well | The bases of her "wants and likes" are established

Menopause timing and other cultural/social variables make under 30 seem appropriate but "30" is the right age.

The ideal child bearing age for women is 20 - 35. So due to this I believe getting married at 26 is okay. Besides, women mature faster. Most 26 year old ladies are very matured enough.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
dacblogger:

Here in Nigeria,from 25yrs everyone expects you to get married even your family members..

Over here in Nigeria,women really suffer because at that age ,pple pester you to get married even if you don't want to.
Forget about the pressure. For the sake of child bearing I think women should get married when they are less than or equal to 30. The younger she is the lesser the probability of birth complications.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by ODUNEWUWURA(f): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
A lady can marry when she is mentally mature and when she can cope with unforeseen challenges in marrage
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by kjhova(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
My mum married my dad when she was 17. They raised us well, as it appears.

Life is never a one-size-fits-all. People marry young and regret it. Some marry in old age and regret it even more.

Remember #YOLO!

Live your life and make the best of it while you got it. Trailers still do fall on people, you know?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by maryannah(f): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

You for kuku say na eternity.... grin

right guy ko. left lady ni
u will surely know wen the right guy comes... marriage no be go come, once u are married u are married no going back.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by OfficialSam(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
fickylady:

Ehya! Op, frm ur picture, i can see u are getting old already. No wonder d question.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by empire2017(m): 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
above 24 is a very big no to me.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by OfficialSam(m): 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Rorachy:
From 18, she is eligible to marry.

From 22, she is matured to marry.

But age is not maturity sha.

Babe, u fine no be small. Will u marry me? We will make beautiful kids cos I'm handsome too.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Alphasoar(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Davidgrey:
[b]Wrong!

The social conception is that a woman is fully developed(mental and social growth) in her "late" 20's but that logic is wrong, it's actually "30"

At age of 30 a woman knows herself very well | The bases of her "wants and likes" are established

Menopause timing and other cultural/social variables make under 30 seem appropriate but "30" is the right age. [/b]

But uncle, starting to correct someone with a total condemnation has never been the right thing or way. Every one is entitled to his or her opinion.

Just my 2 and a quarter cent sir.

No offense.

#Udo
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by divineRx(f): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
No comment
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Zodiac61(m): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
The normal age for a lady to marry is when she feels ready to get married.
As long as she is over 18, it should be a matter for her and her only.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Becina(f): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Davidgrey:
Wrong!

Menopause timing and other cultural/social variables make under 30 seem appropriate but "30" is the right age.

so you'll call her old cargo
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by samopex: 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
Inasmuch as a lady can take care of herself, she can marry at least at the age of 18. even can you imagine a guy now in mid 20s anytime he does something wrong his mum doesn't like, she will be telling him that guys of his age are fathers and husbands.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Shome36(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
17-18
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by stokfrick: 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by stokfrick: 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sniper12:
When she can fend for her self. Marriage is not a poverty allievation program

EPIC
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by CioAngels(f): 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Zarqabe:

rubbish. I don't know who liked this post self

So every woman below 30 doesn't know herself very well? You are talking nonsense. Every one isn't the same. some women acquire self realization very early.

people like you just come online to talk as if they know everything when they know nothing. mtchew.
Make your own point.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by ThinkSmarter: 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
fickylady:
my proud mother married @ the age of 15 and she gave birth to her first born in her 16 years.
I'm her last born.
She got married immediately after finishing her standards.
But In this century cuz of education/economic/legal factors, our women reach 18years.
By that age, some might hv completed their education.
Some that doesnt want to further more for any reason can get married depending the time, the right suitor comes.
Some do marry after acquiring a skill like fashion design and hair dressing. Some get married after completing their higher education.
Some get married while still in the varsity.
Like my own very sister, one got married immediately after her SSCE, the other got married in her 200level and gave birth in her 3rd year.
In summary, it depends on ur person and the factors around you.
Remember u attained puberty at the age of 11.
So, God knows why He got u prepared so early.
It is better to get married in ur early 20s.
Medical research hv it that women in their 30s or late 30s that hv never given birth will likely suffer From infertility and complications during labor.
Slay in ur husband house.
Some slay away the bloom of their youth and by the time they realize themselves, they hv lost their attractiveness.
No matter how u use cosmetics and makeup, it will still manifest.
Don't abuse postinor 2 and co.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Rukkydelta(f): 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
24-28
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by ottohan: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
the normal age is between 20-27 years...
28 years and above are what we call public toilet
20 years and below thats what we call child abuse
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by wanger50(m): 11:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
24-30

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Receiving Death Threats From My Girlfriend's Ex / Comparing Of Nigerian Women With Michelle Obama: Guy Blasts Nigerian Men / Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.