Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) (77761 Views)

Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village / Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video) / "I Will Not Go On Exile" – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by fk001(m): 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
suremanpatriot:

wht sort of rubbish talk is this, you ppl are all ignoramus. Ironsi would been alive if he was as wise as Ojukwu.
wht of ibb why didn't he stay after annulment,do u call DT cowardice also?
if you aren't skilld in art of warfare u beta keep mute,because war is not for bloody civilians blabbing.

So you are still defending that fool, despite the fact he was responsible for the killing of millions of your grandparents.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by olusola200: 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
Failure to plan is planning to fail

KANU who is nobody is on ladder of failure

Ojukwu is greater

Bianca onoh is useless

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Uchenna02(m): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
Rest in d bossom of almighty.... ojukwu
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Mazeltovscotty(m): 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
menh. See bloodshed. the battle is very hot oo, see how the afonjas are slaying the Igbos on the battle field like ram grin

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by adamlawal(m): 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
IamLovely:
the man that left my dad in the battle field..

Thank God he came home alive and healthy
lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Yinkaotunba123: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
That is exactly what Nnamdi Kanu will do again if he create coers in Nigeria. Bird of the same feather.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
Icon79:
With all due respect to the children of Afonja, there is more bravery in General Chukwuemaka Odumegwu Ojukwu's pinky finger than in all the Yoruba leader's combined. It is a well known fact that the Yoruba's including their so called crying Generals are the most cowardly people in Nigeria.

That's an undisputed fact.7

O pari

Sharap there...u cowardly in grate....

Keep deluding urselves....

You will all perish this time lol

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by fk001(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
andyanders:

That is what Nnamdi Kanu must face if he happens to pass death.

Igbo's would been the biggest fools if they allow Nnamdi KANU to drag them into second war.
They were scammed for the first time by ojukwu

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ojukwu was a pvssy, that's why i like the Chinese /Japan, they will kill themselves instead of running away.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2017
baddosky1:

what concerns awo's son with nnewi? undecided are you alright?

Go and tap ur palm wine first grin

Den re-read my comment, ipod
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Cubeet: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
menh. See bloodshed. the battle is very hot oo, see how the afonjas are slaying the Igbos on the battle field like ram grin
Even Rwanda Genocide has now turned to Biafra war.Always mind the picture you download from the Internet.

Moreover, was it Afonja vs Igbo war. It was Hausa Fulani + Yorubas + other middle belt tribe + support from British governments VS the Igbos.

You think everybody are foolish as you are.

Did the war destroy Biafra in the mind of Igbo people! NO.That's why till tomorrow Biafra remains.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
potent5:

Yes. Only a great and wise man would know that discretion is the better part of Valor.

So many men have died, not from bravery, but idiocy.

People like Ironsi, Abiola, Awolowo, etc. all died because they thought they were being brave. You catch my drift?

Discretion "to run from battle" exercised after death of about 2 million of your own people is nothing but wickedness laced with cowardice. Assuming Awo and Abiola chose to fight like your hero, I guess Yorubas will be talking of £20, Kwashiokor, genocide, marginalisation, secession. Why Awo and Abiola would have the likes of Bianca as widows and fat estates for their children. go on brother, I suppose some people are to pay for their leaders "heroism" with the blood of the followers. Funny enough Kanu's own heroism is already being paid for again with blood. We don't envy your place as the canon fodder of your heroes. I rather want my hero yo die for me!

10 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
suremanpatriot:

wht sort of rubbish talk is this, you ppl are all ignoramus. Ironsi would been alive if he was as wise as Ojukwu.
wht of ibb why didn't he stay after annulment,do u call DT cowardice also?
if you aren't skilld in art of warfare u beta keep mute,because war is not for bloody civilians blabbing.

Ojukwu is a traitor...it's only because u ppl are lily livered that it took this long for the chosen one to be born or reincarnated again. grin

U ppl are such dumb fools

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
initiate:
he who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day

but this runaway warrior no get chance to fight again o

Fight another day? When and where did he do that?

If it was in Korea, they would have wipe his entire generation in fact a Japanese will rather end his life than running away, that's what bravery is.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
potent5:

Yes. Only a great and wise man would know that discretion is the better part of Valor.

So many men have died, not from bravery, but idiocy.

People like Ironsi, Abiola, Awolowo, etc. all died because they thought they were being brave. You catch my drift?

Ojukwu is a traitor...it's only because u ppl are lily livered that it took this long for the chosen one to be born or reincarnated again. grin

I forsee Nnamdi kalu running amok limbs over head from battle

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
KemjikaEme:
This forum once used to be a huge inspiration and rich source of information but has slowly emerged as a platform where all sorts of Anti Igbo news and sentiments are dumped and celebrated by bigots and tribalists.

I've started avoiding this forum because it's nothing less than a moronic forum for lampooning a certain ethnic group who's only sin is her desire for self determination. It's safe to Say that the creator of Nairaland and it's stakeholders are party to this embarrasing display of ethnic slur and tribalism.

Bashing Igbos on daily basis has become a favourite pastime of youths that should otherwise look for ways of becoming better citizens of the world. No day goes by without 2 to 4 anti Igbo post geared at casting aspersions on Igbos.
This picture has been posted before, what's then is the essence of reposting it again?
I weep for this Nation! Why would one in his right senses agree to stay in a Country where the only interesting activity that binds her citizens is a mockery of Igbos.
Pathetic!
Please give the same advice to your brethren. sad You do not see the IPOB crew and their people dishing out all kinds of hate speech, bile and vitriol to other ethnic groups on Nairaland, without pulling any punches? And you didn't see your brethren also spewing out insults and villifying other tribes on a daily basis, I guess? You lot always develop selective amnesia when it comes to the bad behaviour of your people. Other chaps only retaliate, by giving them a taste of their own medicine. If they don't like it - tough! angry

MalcoImX:
Nobody abuses back until somebody initiates something somewhere. Kanu starts abusing Nigeria and Nigerians and sure (very natural) he'll get a dose back, even more than he bargained. All those negatives you mentioned are responses to what was started by Kanu-types. I remember vividly the words Igbo and Osu were started as a response to Kanu children calling Yorubas, Afonja.
//
Take it bro: It's like some people can't do without abusing whoever opposes them.
Na true word you talk! sad No be lie..... undecided

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Mazeltovscotty(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
Cubeet:
Even Rwanda Genocide has now turned to Biafra war.Always mind the picture you download from the Internet.

Moreover, was it Afonja vs Igbo war. It was Hausa Fulani + Yorubas + other middle belt tribe + support from British governments VS the Igbos.

Did the war destroy Biafra in the mind of Igbo people! NO.That's why till tomorrow Biafra remains.

no, it was nigeria vs. Igbos war in which yoruba was part of nigeria. And on nairaland, it is always igbos and yorubas war. And for the pix, it was meant to depict the current war going on right now on this thread

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
Cubeet:

Biafra will only exist in ur lily imaginations. .

If kalu dares make a move... u will all be wiped out with extreme prejudice....

If u like dont leave the bullseye zone

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
Modsenemy:

No offense , but you make less sense with this post.
The point is, those people led their people to war for whatever reason and gave their life for it . They stood till death for the course they established .

It doesn't change the fact that Ojukwu fled when he technically led his people to death.
Heroes make sacrifices even with their life .
Onwuateagwu and Azuchie who followed Ojukwu to the airport should have fled too. As a matter of fact, they could be shot dead , but they stayed back and watched their master run.

According to obasanjo's account of Onwuateagwu's death, he launched a final attack on nigerian troop and got killed .
wow.quite surprising..very few people know of timothy onwuateagwu. In fact he was killed just as the war ended. you know your history ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by muffyt05: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:

Listen, fact 1: Most Igbos are not bitter at Ojukwu for leading them in a war of freedom despite all we lost. If it isnt paining us he led, why is it paining you people he did not lead?

Second fact: what Hittler and Mussolini were fighting for was a direct opposite of what Ojukwu fought for. While Ojukwu was fighting to liberate his people from Nigeria, Hittler and Mussolini were fighting to subjugate other people. Ojukwu fought for freedom, Hittler fought to enslave.

After 3 years, when it was no longer possible to continue, Ojukwu left the scene which ushered in peace. The only thing that would have been achieved by Ojukwu staying back to be killed would have been to give Nigeria sweet victory. By leaving, Ojukwu denied Nigeria that victory and lived to a ripe old age. On his death, he recieved the greatest funeral ever witnessed in Nigeria.

Ojukwu had the last laugh

I don talk am,all of una be mumu,na your own even worry me pass. Can you even believe yourself,so you're telling me Ojukwu's life was greater than millions of your grandfathers and mothers he wasted,which kind sense be this for God's sake? Ojukwu was a rookie general who did not evaluate the collateral damage of the war he went into,even though he fought against all odds(kudos to him), but you don't fight a war you can't win,its a normal principle. Even after fighting,the Chinese will always say 'death before dishonour',meaning I will rather die than be disgraced. If Ojukwu was really fighting a just or general cause, answer the following questions (1) why run away when connered? (2) Why run away after leading millions of your people to death? (3) Why come back to contest election in the same country he wanted out from? (4) Why collect military pension from the same country he hated? I can go on and on asking questions you have no answers to. You claimed he was revered by his people,Why did the same people reject him at the polls on three occasions?

9 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
KemjikaEme:
This forum once used to be a huge inspiration and rich source of information but has slowly emerged as a platform where all sorts of Anti Igbo news and sentiments are dumped and celebrated by bigots and tribalists.

I've started avoiding this forum because it's nothing less than a moronic forum for lampooning a certain ethnic group who's only sin is her desire for self determination. It's safe to Say that the creator of Nairaland and it's stakeholders are party to this embarrasing display of ethnic slur and tribalism.

Bashing Igbos on daily basis has become a favourite pastime of youths that should otherwise look for ways of becoming better citizens of the world. No day goes by without 2 to 4 anti Igbo post geared at casting aspersions on Igbos.
This picture has been posted before, what's then is the essence of reposting it again?
I weep for this Nation! Why would one in his right senses agree to stay in a Country where the only interesting activity that binds her citizens is a mockery of Igbos.
Pathetic!

U did not see ur fellow ipod youths posting ridiculous crap about awolowo's kindred and making all sorts of zoo noises.

Now u are crying fowl over a picture..lol!

It is to remind u all of what is to befall the poor and destitute after kalu raises his hand.
Thunder fall on u dere...lol!

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Absolutely nothing would have been gained. 'They' will ignore that though as it doesn't fit their narrative.

As for Ojukwu, may his soul rest in peace. The man did something that not many Igbo leaders are willing to do in this day and age, even if he was a bit naïve at times.
Putting the hatred and tribalism apart, Ojukwu should have ended the war much earlier. If I'm not mistaken, that's what ifeajuna and banjo tried to do, but were summarily executed for sabotage. At the tail end of the war, ojukwu resorted to using 10yr olds to prosecute the war. That was sheer arrogance lack of though. The war altogether was unfortunate.

Talking of narrative..no one beats Ipob when it comes to brainwashing its members about some issues which are simply untrue.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Tobycharles: 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
blingxx:

abiola and kudirat (civilian not military) fought and struggle for their people ,ojukwu ran to ivory coast leaving your fathers to die on battlefield ,coming back few years later to collect pension grin (igbo and money) ...hypocrites ...spits......*cowards
Pension?
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by baddosky1: 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
Thegamingorca:

Go and tap ur palm wine first grin

Den re-read my comment, ipod

Go and drink a shot of agbo then sleep very well before you read my other comment and relate it to the photo of the monkey lying-in-state, brown-roofer.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Cubeet: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
Thegamingorca:

Biafra will only exist in ur lily imaginations. .

If kalu dares make a move... u will all be wiped out with extreme prejudice....

If u like dont leave the bullseye zone
Illiterate, you think we are in the 1960s/70s.

Nobody is fighting or asking for War, there are more than enough civilised way to pursue secession.

See mouth like"You all will be wiped out" by who?

These days there are less educated Afonjas,look at useless comment.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TheKingdom: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:
Run away soldier bad commander, coward!!!

Sounds like Buhari to me...BTW, who have you lead in your life? More Nigger Area people (NIGERIANS)?
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2017
NubiLove:
He and Gowon could and should have handled things differently... the Biafra war had no winners.
Correct. There no winners at all.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by victorv12(m): 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
wingman:
Ignorant fools will continue ranting over what they do not know or understand. Do you all think that as shrewd as Igbos are they will easily forgive and elevate Ojukwu to the status of a legend if he truly ran away?
The worst fate and humiliation that would have befallen Igbos would be for Nigeria to capture or kill Ojukwu. The man was practically bundled into the plane in Ulli airstrip because he never wanted to leave. Just as declaration of Biafra was the collective will of Igbos, so too was Ojukwu 's departure for Ivory coast.
You ignorant kids can continue writing all the rubbish you want cause you do not know or understand what the man represents to Igbos.

I feel your pain. I read a lot about him. He's among one of the brightest Nigeria army, him and Nzeogwu. I read many books about both of them as a Yoruba man. In fact, he was the best in the Nigeria military. It's so unfortunate our youths doesn't have a clue or know anything about him. They don't study history in our schools anymore. My salute to the great Ikemba.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by TheKingdom: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:

Igbo's would been the biggest fools if they allow Nnamdi KANU to drag them into second war.
They were scammed for the first time by ojukwu

You actually have been scammed the most, by accepting to be called a Nigger courtesy of England. Just look the headlines on Nairaland about the Nigger Area, and how the HOS has been in London for months.

DOn't you have shame
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Tobycharles: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
Don't dare the west when it comes to going down memory lane about the historical fact n findings of the political episodes, cos they wine n dine with the archives

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by potent5(m): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Thegamingorca:

I forsee Nnamdi kalu running amok limbs over head from battle
To you he might be a traitor, but to me he is a great man. Regarding the Ikemba a great man or traitor depends on the side you are on.

The first high profile traitor to be convicted in Nigeria was Awolowo; he was convicted for trying to topple the government of the day in the 60s. He had treason running in his blood and eventually killed himself just to escape the consequences of another treason committed by him in the 80s
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by codemaniacs: 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
kk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Accused Of Photoshopping This Picture / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos) / Owerri Prison Break In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.