Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen (1368 Views)

She Got Mad Because I Didn't Go To Church / Nigerian Lady Reveals Her Friend Is Getting Married To Man She Warned Her About / Romancelanders Warned Me About This Girl,i Didn't Listen!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by Sokere8: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
I grew up in a godly home where we daily studied the scriptures at home and in church fellowships. I was basically the church girl. My primary and secondary school days were lovely as I went to a christian school from home and my parents were always there to guide and protect me.

They scrutinized all the friends I made and each time my mum suspected a bad company she would tell me to cut off immediately. Although at a point I didn’t like her control over me but I couldn’t do anything about it.

When I got into the university, everything was different. I had freedom. The freedom I had sought for a very long time. Mind you, this freedom wasn’t the freedom to live a wild life because I wasn’t ready for such lifestyle. The freedom was to be in charge of my affairs. School was fun and interesting as I successfully passed all my courses with distinction. I was basically doing okay. 

My love story started when I was in my third year in the university. On that faithful day, I was waiting along the road for a commercial vehicle. Suddenly this fancy car drove and stopped in front of me and a cute looking driver asked me to hop in. Initially, I was scared because I hardly took lifts from strangers. But he assured me that he meant no harm so I entered. He introduced himself as Jerry and told me he worked with some construction company. Even a blind man would have seen how classy he looked. Before he dropped me off, he requested for my phone number which I gave to him before waving him bye.

When I got to my room that day I was just thinking about him and wished he called so I could get his own phone number. He didn’t call me until after two days. When he finally called, we spoke like friends and he requested to meet up with me which I accepted.

The following day he picked me up and took me to an expensive restaurant. While we were there, he asked me to be his girlfriend which I accepted without thinking twice. When I got home that day, I had a burden in my spirit that I had made a wrong decision in accepting to date him. After all, I barely knew him so why did I accept dating him? Immediately I shoved off the thoughts.

During our dating period I noticed Jerry’s lifestyle was so different from mine. Unlike me, he was very wayward. He hardly went to church nor believed in God. To him, the only thing that matters in life is money and more money. He was a hardworking guy so I thought his money was solely from the investments he had. His family members were not in any way different from him. They were stinkingly wealthy. 

We dated for six months before he asked me to marry him. At first, I didn’t know if I was to accept his proposal or not. I knew that marrying him would mean dumping my lifestyle to join his. I knew my parents and pastors wouldn’t accept that I marry him. But I also knew that I was in love with him. So much in love. I was confused. That weekend I went home and told my mum about him. The first question she asked me was “Is he born again?” I looked at her and didn't know how to tell her that he wasn’t anything close to a Christian talk more of  “born again. " My mum admonished me that if he’s not a child of God , I should stay away from him. 

Well, I decided to pray about it.  I prayed and prayed for a sign from above regarding if I should marry Jerry or not. I got no answer. Just that a verse of the scripture constantly rang in my head “Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers "

I assured myself that I was going to convert him. Then one night, I had a dream. In that dream, I was at home, when some stranger brought a parcel for me. The parcel was neatly decorated with fine colors. I was so eager to open it then a voice asked me to throw away the parcel without opening it. I didn’t listen to that voice. I joyfully opened the parcel and guess what I saw inside? Plenty of worms and snakes  Jeez!

I immediately threw it on the floor and ran away.  As I ran, those snakes chased me so I woke up feeling scared. When I called my pastor and told him the dream, he said the interpretation meant that I shouldn't marry Jerry. I believed him and made up my mind to reject the marriage proposal. Little did I know that the devil was plotting another scheme for my life.

On the supposed breakup day, Jerry requested that I joined him to the club. I had never been to a a night club before. He wooed me into accepting his offer then brought a skimpy beautiful dress for me to wear. Although, I was uncomfortable in the dress but I  had to wear it to make him happy. At the club, he drank, danced and smoked. He offered me little alcohol which I took and became intoxicated. 

The following morning I found myself naked on the same bed with him. When I asked him what had happened, he just laughed and told me it was nice deflowering me.  Gosh! I was sad. He had taken advantage of my drunken state. When I screamed at him, he said “Common baby, I am going to be your husband, so what’s the big deal?” “Besides, I was drunk too so it's not entirely my fault. "

I was angry because I had vowed to keep my flower till my wedding night. I broke up with him that day before I left. He called me severally and apologized. He told me how much he missed me and of course I missed him too. He promised that he would turn into a better person as soon as we are married. Meanwhile my family's consent was pending so I was confused. 

Four weeks after the club incident, I found out that I was pregnant. That was another challenge and a big one at that. I prayed to God for direction but I never got an answer just that a little voice inside my soul was constantly saying “No!No!.

See full story here >>>>>>>>

http://www.soniasblog.com/2017/07/when-god-says-no-part-2.html
Re: I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by CityHitz: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2017
Tiani Performing Shaye Music @ E - lounge #AllWhiteParty https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=AykcVMpt2b8
Re: I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by optional1(f): 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
me can't read all this oh...
Re: I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by mofeoluwadassah: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
this must be a movie
Re: I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by Cholls(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2017
my sister come back here and finish what you started

Re: I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by yomi007k(m): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
angry

Nonsensical fiction
Re: I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by soleny: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
Please friends i need interpretation on this dream.My younger sister dreamt that she was sitting beside Buhari, then i passed through where she was, she called me and i acknowledged her call.During the process i told Buhari i needed a job and he asked me to write where i wanted, i wrote three places on a sheet of paper and he asked me to tick the place i preferred, i ticked then she woke up.Please what is the meaning of that dream as we are not family of Buhari neither are we connected to him in any way.
Re: I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
soleny:
Please friends i need interpretation on this dream.My younger sister dreamt that she was sitting beside Buhari, then i passed through where she was, she called me and i acknowledged her call.During the process i told Buhari i needed a job and he asked me to write where i wanted, i wrote three places on a sheet of paper and he asked me to tick the place i preferred, i ticked then she woke up.Please what is the meaning of that dream as we are not family of Buhari neither are we connected to him in any way.
oga go to religion section or ask ur pastor
Re: I Was Warned But I Didn't Listen by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
summarize pls

(1) (Reply)

How Does A Married Woman Dress? / I Can't Believe This, Ever Been In This Situation? / Why Are Muslims And Jews Dominating Israel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.