Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy (3214 Views)

Nigeria V South Africa: The Battle For African Supremacy - BBC / Accept Party Supremacy, Buhari Tells Senators, Reps / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by oderemo(m): 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2010
all these internet politicians sef.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Kadejo(m): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
I dont see any tin wrong wit wat my guy said, look @ wat d northerners had caused in our great nation. Ar dey d only one? Many lives dat can nt b recoverd as been sent 2 grave unxpectdly. ONLY GOD WIL JUDGE
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2010
Afam:

My point is that we should be specific when accusing anyone and stop generalizing as it is wrong. Accusing or insulting a tribe or religion based on the actions of a few is totally wrong and unacceptable.

How specific can we be? If the majority of the people who committed these atrocities were Hausa, then we should say they are Hausa. I will call a spade a spade. The actions of a 'few' do sometimes reflect the people as a whole.

It only takes a 'few' to paint a paper that is white, into a paper that is black. If I read my Bible, I see that God punished an entire group of people for the actions of a few.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Tsiya(m): 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
I forget to add that: so you belief your gods - America will disintegrate Nigeria. Look my friend the era of countries disintegrating to satisfy the curiosity of some few theorist has not come yet. You cannot build a house in Abuja or Lagos, buy a laptop and be punching crazy fantasies just because your gods say something and you expect it to happen.

If you want Nigeria to break up, take a look at history. Countries do not just break up without a fighting for it.

If you want Nigeria to break, get your fat ass off the chair and get AK.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2010
Tsiya:

I am not a history revisionist and but I don't understand what you mean by the government of Nigeria have not apologised. What do you want? The government should print placards and place them in every town and village to apologise for something that have been apologised for and that government took a strong effort to reintegrate the society.

Have you forgotten that Ojukwu was reinstated into Nigerian army and his full pension and benefits were given to him.

why do you people belief that the civil war is because the North is Muslims and the South are Christains. In AFrican countries there are numerous countries have had civil wars and clearly they have nothing to do with religious difference.

The only payment I want is for the entire East to have its independence. Give us a referendum! I bet you that most people in the East would opt out of this federation just like the people of Southern Sudan are about to do.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by asha80(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ezeuche sometimes you have to think before you type.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
Tsiya:

I forget to add that: so you belief your gods - America will disintegrate Nigeria. Look my friend the era of countries disintegrating to satisfy the curiosity of some few theorist has not come yet. You cannot build a house in Abuja or Lagos, buy a laptop and be punching crazy fantasies just because your gods say something and you expect it to happen.

If you want Nigeria to break up, take a look at history. Countries do not just break up without a fighting for it.

If you want Nigeria to break, get your fat backside off the chair and get AK.

Have you heard of a country called Czechoslovakia? This used be a nation, but now it is the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Why can't nation's peacefully disentigrate? I thought we are civilized?

Put it to a referendum just like Sudan is doing. What are you afraid of? That the oil money will dry up? Igbos have no need for oil.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by WilyWily5: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

In addition, I see nothing wrong with Yoruba Muslims, they are quite moderate.
There are nothing like Moderate in Islam, Yoruba Muslims are not different from Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani Moslems, the only thing holding Yoruba Moslems off from unleashing their Terror on non-Moslems is the fear of easy defeat by Christains.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2010
asha 80:

Ezeuche sometimes you have to think before you type.

Instead of saying an asinine statement, point out the errors of my ways.

If you do not have anything to say to me, then go off a cliff for all I care.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2010
^^^^^^^
Ezeuche
This why i say you have a big mouth.
Take it now. Never saw your likes in Massob garb,
Where is your liver?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by oderemo(m): 7:07pm On Feb 12, 2010
There are nothing like Moderate in Islam, Yoruba Muslims are not different from Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani Moslems, the only thing holding Yoruba Moslems off from unleashing their Terror on non-Moslems is the fear of easy defeat by Christains.

at times i wish you are an inch from me so i can gently massage your neck . you are obnoxious.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Tsiya(m): 7:13pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

The only payment I want is for the entire East to have its independence. Give us a referendum! I bet you that most people in the East would opt out of this federation just like the people of Southern Sudan are about to do.

Now you have changed the condition.

That has been the problem. People always demanding for something new. . . the problems didn't start today. It started before 1960.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by WilyWily5: 7:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
ode remo:

at times i wish you are an inch from me so i can gently massage your neck .  you are obnoxious.
Are you an expert in strangling human beings?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
Tsiya

Ezeuche wants a referendum for his household. People are busy and getting fully embedded in the political
process.He is just a cry baby. Ignore him.

Oya, cast your vote,Ezeuche but are other people going with you,? NO.

Abeg coolu temper. wink wink wink wink wink
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by oderemo(m): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2010
Are you an expert in strangling human beings?

do you say all your rubish simply to annoy ? i wonder .
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Dede1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2010
Anybody that calls the agitation of independent nation states from the colonial contraptions scattered all over Africa as foolhardy fantasy is demented.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by WilyWily5: 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2010
ode remo:

do you say all your rubish simply to annoy ? i wonder .
Annoy Who, Are you a Terrorist?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2010
citizenY:

^^^^^^^
Ezeuche
This why i say you have a big mouth.
Take it now. Never saw your likes in Massob garb,
Where is your liver?

I am a proud supporter of MASSOB. And any organization that agitates for the disintegration of Nigeria. Even the Oodua Peoples Congress has my support.

See some people are still delusional about One Nigeria.

Most Igbos support having their own state. It is just the weak Yoruba who are afraid of the Hausa that are afraid to leave the nation.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2010
citizenY:

Tsiya

Ezeuche wants a referendum for his household. People are busy and getting fully embedded in the political
process.He is just a cry baby. Ignore him.

Oya, cast your vote,Ezeuche but are other people going with you,? NO.

Abeg coolu temper. wink wink wink wink wink

Have you been to Alaigbo? Do not talk about thing you know nothing about. The MAJORITY of the Ndi Igbo support having their own nation state.

So put it to referendum? Let see how many people support "One Nigeria." Oil is the glue that keeps Nigeria together.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Afam(m): 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

How specific can we be? If the majority of the people who committed these atrocities were Hausa, then we should say they are Hausa. I will call a spade a spade. The actions of a 'few' do sometimes reflect the people as a whole.

It only takes a 'few' to paint a paper that is white, into a paper that is black. If I read my Bible, I see that God punished an entire group of people for the actions of a few.

You should be as specific as possible.

Now you are talking about the bible and expect to use that to justify a statement but when someone else uses the quran you state talking about islam and muslims.

I am not here to convince you about anything, just to point out very wrong positions you have taken that defy logic and common sense.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Tsiya(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

I am a proud supporter of MASSOB. And any organization that agitates for the disintegration of Nigeria. Even the  Oodua Peoples Congress has my support.

See some people are still delusional about One Nigeria.

Most Igbos support having their own state. It is just the weak Yoruba who are afraid of the Hausa that are afraid to leave the nation.

It is not about being afraid. They want to be together. Even the elders of Igbo such Azikwe, Ironsi wanted a Unified country. It is for your own information that prior to independence, the Northern Nigeria wanted a separate country but were persuaded to remain part of this nation.

The south sudan, fought for more than 20 years. And in the case of south sudan, it was occupation by the Arab.

But in the case of the Igbos in Nigeria, nobody is occupying you.

Anyway, keep going with your fantasy. You aint going nowhere.

Now that you have Goodluck as President, let us see what difference will he make.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
Tsiya:

It is not about being afraid. They want to be together. Even the elders of Igbo such Azikwe, Ironsi wanted a Unified country. It is for your own information that prior to independence, the Northern Nigeria wanted a separate country but were persuaded to remain part of this nation.

The south sudan, fought for more than 20 years. And in the case of south sudan, it was occupation by the Arab.

But in the case of the Igbos in Nigeria, nobody is occupying you.

Anyway, keep going with your fantasy. You aint going nowhere.

Now that you have Goodluck as President, let us see what difference will he make.

And that is the problem with the Old Igbo leadership. Nnamdi Azikiwe was an idealist and a nationalist who supported One Nigeria. If the tribalist Obafemi Awolowo had allowed Nnamdi Azikiwe to become Premier of the Western Region, we would not have this problem. Yes, the Ndi Igbo used to support One Nigeria until Nigeria turned its back on us and slaughtered us.

If you are not an Igbo, then you cannot speak for Igbo affairs. Do you actually think the Ndi Igbo have forgot about Biafra. We want to opt out of this union. Yes, we fought a war and lost, but the sentiment still remains the same.

And Igboland is occupied by FG troops. Just like Southern Sudan. If we are truly a federation, then a people should be able to opt out of this union.

Like I said before, it is all about OIL OIL OIL

The glue that keeps Naija together.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Afam(m): 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

And Igboland is occupied by FG troops. Just like Southern Sudan.

The statement above is false and should be disregarded in its entirety.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Tsiya(m): 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2010
If you think it is oil that is keeping us together then you are short-sighted. There many numerous reasons why Nigeria should be one and oil is not one of them. The oil will hopefully run dry oneday, or become economically less important, and that is when you will appreciate the unity of this nation.

The oil is just for few corrupt individuals. They are igbo, hausa, yoruba, niger deltans and they immensly benefit from short-term sell of oil.

One more thing, the Igbos are not occupied. The eastern Nigeria is not occupied. How can you say that?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Jarus(m): 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2010
I hardly comment on dumb threads like this, but seeing respected Nairalanders dropping their points here, I can't help commenting.

My opinion on issues like this is well known - other parts of Nigeria is as guilty as the north. I don't believe in the argument that 'because northerners have ruled Nigeria more than any other region, the north is therefore Nigeria's problem'. This is most illogical.
The question we should ask ourselves is: Has there been any difference when a southerner ruled? Obj? Ironsi? (Let's forget Zik, he was ceremonial; and Shonekan).

Corruption and bad leadership in Nigeria know no ethnic or religious boundary. Which states of the north are Tafa Balogun and  Alamesiegha from?
Obasanjo ruled for eight years and we were hardly better off than IBB.
From this same north we are bashing comes folks that qualify, whether we like it or not, as passionate fighters for the enthronement of good governance and rooting out of corruption - the Ribadus, the Balarabe Musas, the Dangiwa Umars, the Sanusis(much as many will disagree).

This is why I have problems with people that, at the drop of a hat, blame the north for every problem with Nigeria. It's a pity some informed analysts also reason like this. If anything, we Southerners(oh I'm a Kwaran, don't know whether I'm a northerner or southerner) should be ashamed of ourselves that despite all our education, some gworo-chewing, cattle-rearing abokis(to use critics' words) are dominating us. It only shows they are better strategists than us.

On religion, let me start by saying that I'm a Muslim, a practising and proud one. I admit that some of my Muslim brothers unnecessary go berserk on trivial issues, and I have openly condemned them in the past (See my articles 'The Danish Cartoon and the Borno Killings' The Punch 04/03/2006 and 'Farouk: What a message!' Daily Trust 11/01/2010).
But the way some people go around demonizing Muslims and Islam for every problem of Nigeria, as demonstrated by this poster and co-travellers in that blighted mindset, is as uncharitable as it is exaggerated. Of course, as a Muslim, it is disheartening watching groups like Boko Haram, Kala kato, Maitatsine disturb peace and orderliness, or a Farouk Mutallab misguidedly  perpetrating a dastardly act, even as deeper insights and analyses sometimes show that these people are 'overblamed'.

I think the earlier we learn to manage our differences and do away with this mutual suspicion and blaming, the better for us.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by WilyWily5: 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2010
SHAME TO MOSLEMS,
Islam is Enemy of the World.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by biina: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

Very rich coming from a guy who would likely disagree with attributing the Nzeogwu coup to being the will and action of all Igbos undecided
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by edoyad(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
@jarus I've told you you're from the middle belt, you have your own seperate identity. Hausa is not you and you are not a HAUSA MAN.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Jarus(m): 9:29pm On Feb 12, 2010
edoyad:

@jarus I've told you you're from the middle belt, you have your own seperate identity. Hausa is not you and you are not a HAUSA MAN.
I honestly don't care about all these geo-political groupings. They don't add to or take anything away from me. I'm a proud Yoruba man from Kwara and care less where Kwara is grouped politically. All these Middle-belt, North-Central etc don't add anything to me.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by WilyWily5: 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
Are you an Islamic Terrorist
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Eziachi: 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

christ! Are you guys pretending not to know the pains Northerners have inflicted in Nigeria? incredible to hear these comments from people living in Nigeria.

Not without the help, collaboration, co-operation and assitance of the so called smart and educated southerners. You can't ride a horse unless that horse allowed you on his back.
And again you missed out OBJ's ten years rule. He a bloody southerner.

On the other side, you are right, our people pretends a lot.That  is the story of our life, who doesn't know by now that Nigeria is neither a nation nor will ever be one nation. But we chose to pretend, postponing the evil day and our mess for our children.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by edoyad(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
@jarus, you think the middle belt is just a geo-political zone ? Well Yugoslavia probably had only geo-political zones some 20 years back, wonder what happened to all those zones and even Yugoslavia too ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola / Tambuwal Alleges PDP Of Plot To Rig 2015 Polls Using Ex-militants / Rivers Group Scolds Amaechi Over His Comment That Gej Only Developed Biafrans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.