Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy (3213 Views)

Nigeria V South Africa: The Battle For African Supremacy - BBC / Accept Party Supremacy, Buhari Tells Senators, Reps / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Eziachi: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
RichyBlacK:

EzeUche,

Can you propose a possible split? That is, which states should be in Arewa Republic (North) and which should be in Biaduwa Republic (South)?

Please note that my Kogi friends don't like the idea of being classified as "North". Thanks.

It is very possible, let everyboy go back to wherever they are before 1914.  If you don't like where you are you can always form a new alliance, but this time, at your ownn terms and eyes wide open.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2010
wonderful! This thread finally got matured. Good development. God bless you Ezeuche for all your rich comments but Nigeria separating will be disastrous. But i don't know if that will be the solution to the problem cus Nigeria is not united and we all know that very well. secondly nobody has answered my question. why does islam believe in terrorism. abeg kosovo no delete this thread oh!
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Eziachi: 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
Tsiya:

I forget to add that: so you belief your gods - America will disintegrate Nigeria. Look my friend the era of countries disintegrating to satisfy the curiosity of some few theorist has not come yet. You cannot build a house in Abuja or Lagos, buy a laptop and be punching crazy fantasies just because your gods say something and you expect it to happen.

If you want Nigeria to break up, take a look at history. Countries do not just break up without a fighting for it.

If you want Nigeria to break, get your fat backside off the chair and get AK.

Are you forgetting that the Soviet Union separated without a fight? What about Czechs and Slovakia?  Yugoslavia decended into a war because people like you (the Serb ruling elite) refused to face reality and they believed in marriage of force and not of choice.

Like someone has already told you, it is the crude oil proceed that the elite are enjoying today that is keeping Nigeriaas an entity. It doesn't matter where they came from. If that is not the case, let everybody keep what they have or produce and let us see how long our beloved Nigeria will last within a month.

If you think it is purely based on love of nation, then you knew nothing about Nigeria. People like you should start telling themselves the truth and face the reality that is right there in your faces, especially the young  and educated northerners.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2010
@Eziachi. are u of the view that Nigeria should be divided? is that a good idea?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
@Eziachi. are u of the view that Nigeria should be divided? is that a good idea?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Eziachi: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2010
citizenY:

^^^^^^^
Ezeuche
This why i say you have a big mouth.
Take it now. Never saw your likes in Massob garb,
Where is your liver?

Few week ago, you are one of those harpping on about a possile southern Nigerian state without the north. today, someone mentioned referendum, you don't like it either.  If you don't like a areferendum to settle an issue of this nature, what do you want?
MASSOB don't have a garb and neither do they have a stamp on their faces, if you have seen one, please kindly show us and so too with OPC membership.  Problem with most us you is that you don't know what you want with Nigeria.
The same people advocating for one Nigeria will be the same people calling a fellow Nigeria born bred in the same area as a non indigene, in his own supposed country.  Telling them to go back to their places and next minute with the same mouth will be preaching about one Nigeria. What do you really want?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2010
all these biafrans - such slow thinkers

lets see lets all settle for a landlocked country - we will have to pay big big money to odua /south south republic to land our goods. - but hey who will we sell them to - i mean, we're all in biafra republic now - no abokis/yorubas/etal to sell our goods to , we'll have to sel them to each other ! ouch! the market is too small - we cant make any money - nigeria is sabotaging us

one must aso wonder if the likes of chris and andy uba, or kalu, or chimaroke (enugu is working) are devlish northerners. its a wasted mind that keeps tryng to blame others for his failures .

what can i say, northerners have almajiris, southerners have kidnappers tongue
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Eziachi: 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

Divide is not a simple word. What I want is a nation of the willings and not a nation by force or a nation of "we have to be together".
Everybody can see that Nigeria as structured today is designed to fail. It is not working, has never worked and will never work based on this concept.
So it is better to have a system where those that want out should do so peacefully and those that wanted to stay can stay, but based purely on choice and best interest and they are aware of why they are there, what they brought to the table and what they get out of the table.

You don't have a nation because your geographical area seems big and impressive. Even so, why not have a structure like that of the United kingdom? where all the four home nations are more or less indepedent of each other with their own devolved governments, sports teams, national flags, anthems etc but still within the same United kingdom.

Nigeria, as it is today is like bringing Britain with it’s four component countries and emerged them with France, Germany, Italy, Spain and many others and call them one Nation with capital in Berlin. How will that ever going to work? Do you expect an English man to accept orders from Berlin from a Spanish president on what is best for the city of London?  Do you think Spanish president of that country will care about what is happening in a village in France as much as he will care with what happens in Spain, his home nation?

Some have said, what about the European Union? But they forgot that the EU is not a nation, it is club of nations geared toward economic co-operation and any member reserved the right or the choice to leave. In the same pattern, Nigeria can function like the E.U with independent nations but with common economic goals through co-operation like common currency (like Cameroon, Gabon, Benin, Equatorial Guinea, etc with C.F.A Franc), border control/immigration.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
Even why not have a structure like united kingdom, where all the four home nations are more or less indepedent of each other with their own devolved governements, sports teams, national flags, anthems etc but still within the same United kingdom.

some one has forgotten about the ira

someone has also forgotten that all those components of the UK  didn't come quietly/willingly - have u forgotten william wallace ?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Eziachi: 12:09am On Feb 13, 2010
oyb:

some one has forgotten about the ira

someone has also forgotten that all those components of the UK  didn't come quietly/willingly - have u forgotten william wallace ?

No my friend, I have not forgotten about the IRA. It was because of the devolved government for the home nations that the IRA stopped their war against the United Kingdom.

It was only when a government that does not take direct orders from Westminster govt was created in BELFAST that the Irish government and Bill Clinton persuaded the IRA leadership to drop their original stance of a united Ireland or nothing and the Irish parliament too voting to remove quest for a united Ireland from their own constitution.
That also kept down the demand for independent Scotland by the SNP, when Scotland had their evolved government in Edinburgh and the same with the Welsh with their own government in Cardiff which has also help to quiet the PLAID CYMRU working toward Welsh indepedence from the U.K.

Many of you should wake up and face the reality about the Nigerian question? Many Nigerians don't like change unfortunately because they think God will solve everything for them. And the ruling elite understood this psyche MONG nigerians to kept this anomaly going till date. Using fear tactics and the known to keep Nigeria has worked in their advantage for so long.
After almost fifty year, Nigeria hasn’t moved an inch and things are worse now than they were more than 40 years ago because of the way Nigeria is structured. And it is this sturcture that has led to bad leadership, non accountability, massive corruption.

We dislike each other now than ever before but at the same time we tend to pretend. Well I am sorry, I am a realistic person, I don’t know how to pretend that a black is a white.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Onlytruth(m): 1:44am On Feb 13, 2010
The fall of "Northern Supremacy" is inevitable and it is already happening. Like the legal statement says -you cannot put something on top of nothing!

The north will soon be overwhelmed by the restless south that is far more educated and internationally connected. The British will soon find out that they must abandon the north or sink with them. The world has changed too much for the least qualified to continue leading Nigeria, and we know that the least qualified Nigerians (in terms of education and managerial skills) are in the north. The cart cannot pull the horse for ever. Soon the horse will turn and take back its rightful place.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by olafolarin(m): 2:00am On Feb 13, 2010
Northerners are not too educated but they are very clever.What they cant achieve with education,they use financial inducement to create "divide and rule" scenario.Like they sponsored OBJ when there was too much noise about Abiola and June 12.They create and sponsor so many parties to divide the southern voting block while the whole north vot en masse for a particular candidate.States like Kano,Kaduna,Jigawa,etc have more LG's than Lagos state which has he highest population in the country and remits the highest tax returns to the Federation account.

The list is endless.But until a credible and widely accepted candidate comes onstream,we may all still have to siddon look.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by ow11(m): 10:14am On Feb 13, 2010
olafolarin:

Northerners are not too educated but they are very clever.What they cant achieve with education,they use financial inducement to create "divide and rule" scenario.Like they sponsored OBJ when there was too much noise about Abiola and June 12.They create and sponsor so many parties to divide the southern voting block while the whole north vot en masse for a particular candidate.States like Kano,Kaduna,Jigawa,etc have more LG's than Lagos state which has he highest population in the country and remits the highest tax returns to the Federation account.

The list is endless.But until a credible and widely accepted candidate comes onstream,we may all still have to siddon look.

Who are these faceless Northerners that use financial inducement to create divide and rule? Abacha a despot created LGAs to suit his purpose and Southern states have senators and representatives that can replicate this issue? Have you written to your senator asking him to replicate this?

I need names of these powerful Northerners that are hell bent on impoverishing ALL Nigerians but themselves.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 10:34am On Feb 13, 2010
''Northern supremacy is a myth in the mindsets of spineless southerners. Why can't you face
your life for  a change. Next time your landlord gives you a quit notice, a northerner has not allowed
you to work hard. There is no station in life  this country that has been
closed to anyone. If your ineptitude condemns you to where you are and you cannot stand up, blame
the northerner. If you cannot eja, c, ulate---- na northerner .
And who is this northerner- faceless, amorphous and hardly restricted to a single entity, some claim, some deny
at their own convenience while cry babies blame for their misfortune. Misfits also deny it but seek refuge in times
of distress.

Spineless separatists who cannot even lift a finger at their town meeting come to NL and talk rubbish. If you are
bold enough, sponsor a bill at the national assembly seeking separation. That is bravery.  

@ Olafolarin

Tell me the evening school you went to because I am sure you must or your cousin must have sat for GCE at least three times after
many ''expo''. Tell me the education that you have that makes you and your folk so docile that decisions are taken that affects you and
you sheepishly go along because of filthy lucre and you later turn round to regret it. If you are given short shrift, blame your brothers
and sisters who were there at that time,AND THEY ARE ALL EDUCATED. All governments ,military/civilian are composed of all Nigerians.

Your educated brother OBJ created 50 parties for third term Agenda. You must be daft. Where did the bulk of MKO/s votes come from?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by monkeyleg: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2010
Even though there might be a case for a split, I dont think we should get too hung up on that, let us not forget what the biggest culprit in our troubles is hunger and deprivation. Take that away, and you get a more peaceful country. Let us not forget that the avarage poor notherner is suffering just as well, and hardly benefits from northern leaders being in power.

There are countries that have existed peacefully with different tribes, the unifying factor is that poverty as we know it hardly exist.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 11:09am On Feb 13, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
Will they hear? They have to create an ''enemy of progress'.

These are the false doctrines we get from our pulpits.'
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by monkeyleg: 11:12am On Feb 13, 2010
we should not forget when people are hungry without money, they can eat anything even false doctrine. I think we should all channel our energy at getting a country that works rather than start picking reasons to fight each other.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 11:21am On Feb 13, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
Hunger is manifested in other forms. When the guy is no more,
e go begin find relevance, that is another hunger. These people are hungry
but of a debilitating kind. They will not be satisfied till they deliver us into a
season of anomie. If you notice, they have never offered one idea on how to
deal with any problem. The only item on their agenda is fear of the north and it
is idiotic. If you have fears, confront them, why infect others? COWARDS
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2010
citizen y with all due respect, i want to ask you. why do you want this country to be one? when it clearly doesn't seem to be working, as one. i kindly await your answer.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by WilyWily5: 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
the guy is just a desperate parasite, his people can never stand on their own.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Dede1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2010
oyb:

lets see lets all settle for a landlocked country - we will have to pay big big money to odua /south south republic to land our goods. - but hey who will we sell them to - i mean, we're all in biafra republic now - no abokis/yorubas/etal to sell our goods to , we'll have to sel them to each other ! ouch! the market is too small - we cant make any money - nigeria is sabotaging us

one must aso wonder if the likes of chris and andy uba, or kalu, or chimaroke (enugu is working) are devlish northerners. its a wasted mind that keeps tryng to blame others for his failures .

Have you degenerated to this moronic level? What really happened pal? This post showed that you can not even hold elementary geographical debate of Nigeria without self-induced noticeable flounder. Believe you me; you will not do well in social studies too.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2010
@df2006

Because we are so intertwined in all aspects of life and for the past 100 years, politican and
social engineering has so shaped our destinies such that we are virtually dependent in one way
or the other. Political engineering has created social groups that can hardly stand on their own and
will definitely not want to to previous serfdoms under the defunct regions. Cross cultural movements
for by way of trade, matrimony and social interactions has given rise to joint ownership of institutions
and infrastructure that will coet more to dismantle than improve etc etc.

If you follow my posts you will see my position on the current malaise which i attribute exclusively to
elite delinquency. If only the elite can take their responsibilities seriously, as leading lights in politics commerce,
the professions and traditional institutions and be more transparency and have the fear of God, we can find
solutions to and calm down the anxieties.

The average Nigerian across the board, is law abiding, credible ,and resourceful  but the elite in positions of authority
are exploiting this to create serious cleavages and the situation is not helped by ''feel good'' cyber warriors in our case
who just mimic cliches and echo treacherous / half truths and outright lies or continue to rake up past prejudices and
perceived wrongs that have been healed over time.  Funny enough some of the tactics border on outright treason and
incitement to arms , insulting our sensibilities in the long run.

Having lived with my countrymen from all over , both in Nigeria and abroad, i have ome to the conclusion that there is not
honourable path to tread than the position I always espouse, though, i may argue across the divide but only to make a point.
NO HARD FEELINGS WHATSOEVER.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
@citizeny, a country that has grown up with so much hatred for each other how do you expect it to remain united? Many groups wants the country to separate because the system is not working. Its not that i am a tribalist or anti-islam but the truth is that these people have caused more harm than good to Nigeria and the world in general. I really don't understand what islam preach.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by McKren(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2010
I think this whole celebration of "downfall of Northern Sopremacy" has inferiority complex written over it. This thread is both dumb and childish.

I think what we should be celebrating is Nigeria's progressive move towards an egalitarian society where everybody has a voice no matter your religion or ethnic group. Nothing captures this more than the fact that Nigerians of all tribes, religion and creed campaigned and demanded the respect of our constitution and hand over to Jonathan.

So I personally think this thread is dumb.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2010
thank you citizen y. i am looking to understand this issues very well, so i will take time to go tru your reply very well, though i must tell you, i am of the opinion that we will do better if we are separated or at least have some sort of autonomy in the different zones or regions, because the status quo is definitely taking us in the wrong direction as such cannot bring the best out of us.
but it will be better if we discussed this on another thread, cos i will not give this one any dignity or substance. thank you once again.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2010
@Ijele-Igbo

2010! A year that seems to be a bad one for Nigeria is turning out to be a year of deliverance. Now check out these scenes. (1) Nigerians never knew that Terrorism was hale and hearty in Nigeria till Abdul Mutallab the first Nigerian terrorist without no beards shocked the world on xmas day. A VERY GOOD EXPOSURE OF TERRORIST ACTIVITIES IN NORTHERN STATES OF NIGERIA. (2) To make matters worst, as if the mutallab saga is not enough, the Northerners once again revealed the animalistic nature in them causing a bloody clash in ONE OF THE NORTHERN STATES CLAIMING LIVES AND PROPERTIES. We know the story very well. (3) The north who has been in power for almost 35years has lost their grounds as Mr Goodluck has broken that yoke. let the TERRORISTS accept their ill fate and stop dreaming because nothing for them in 2011. The downfall of the North! The downfall of Islam!! The downfall of terrorism in Nigeria!!!

I reproduce above, your initial post, contents of which are self explanatory.

And I comment:-

1) It has been established that this young man got his tutelage outside our shores and the genesis of this saga could
be traced to the search for education by parents who were in a position to revamp our educational sector without
any pains to their pockets as they will do this with public funds. They have now started reaping the whirlwind with
devastating returns. You will be surprised to learn that these silver spoon kids return empty handed and in some very
bad cases as addicts and are therefore quarantined in their homes and mental institutions. In summary , this is a
leadership default and it has started consuming their offspring.

In any case, you will realise that this terrible deed runs against the grain of the typical Nigerian ethos. We area people
who struggle to make the best of any circumstance we find ourselves.Our zest for life and optimism,/perseverance will not allow us
to commit suicide because that is what I call it. For your info, suicide is frowned at in Islam and what more if you decide to
take others along with you.

2) It could be safe to state now that the Jos crisis has political undertones and if you care to dig deeper, you will establish that
there has been a debate on settler/ indigene issues all over the country. It is not restricted Jos alone.Basically that is the issue and
in the case of Jos, it only happens that the crises always have religious undertones because the protagonists can be identified clearly
by their religious beliefs, one Christian and native and the other Muslim/ settler. I refuse to comment on the biological make up of anybody
as illustrated by you as in any civil strife, these traits come up, either for self defence or assault as was clearly demonstrated in Jos. People
outside the epicenter of the crises in Jos and who had no connection with the saga bore the brunt as in Kuru Jantar. You will realise therefore
that this is no different from Aguleri/Umuleri or Ife /Modakeke. I am sure you will hesitate to call your folk animals.

I have taken pains to show you graphically that you do not know the story as you claimed, except if you are only being mischievous. If you decide
to comment in fora like these, please endeavour to do your homework as all this ''feel good , bash them, animals.bigots,feudalistic, dominant''
posture only shows how insecure you are as an individual. Are you telling me you are not surviving now or how did you survive the military
and post military era in this country? On your fears or on your knees? No person from any direction of the compass in Nigeria has seized your
plate of akpu or eba and ofe unugbu or ofe Owerri. Your market dey sell and you have been smiling to the bank, I suppose? That is why you have time to come and throw jabs in NL.

3) The governments, military/civilian has always been made up of all Nigerians, in whatever proportions and at whatever level and i will leave it at that.
If for any reason your representative agrees to compromise his position, good luck to you. The government and civil service of \Ebonyi Stae for instance
is not made up of people from Niger state. Use your head. The senators are from the states and they represent you.

Finally, I want you to read your post again and look at the mirror.Tell me whether you like yourself for the your last past, which I also produce below:-

Insert Quote
@citizeny, a country that has grown up with so much hatred for each other how do you expect it to remain united? Many groups wants the country to separate because the system is not working. Its not that i am a tribalist or anti-islam but the truth is that these people have caused more harm than good to Nigeria and the world in general. I really don't understand what islam preach.

I refuse to make any comment and if you feel you have honour,tell me whether you portray your self as intelligent? tribalistic? anti north? anti Islam? or the brightes star in the firmamanet?

See how you don naked youself, na only condom you take cover your blokoss and you dey call people illiterate and educated. Foolish man grin NO HARD FEELINGS

UNDERSTAND ISSUES AND PEOPLE BEFORE FORMING AN OPINION. PREJUDICE IS INFECTIOUS. AVOID SPREADING YOUR IGNORANCE
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by yabbali: 9:23am On Nov 03, 2010
, nagode. End of story.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Akanbiedu(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2010
I think the poster has a problem with Islam and not the NORTH per se.

oyb:

They won't have to pay anything to anybody, they'll just conquer the south-south and possibly the "cowardly" Yorubas.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by T9ksy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2010
Quote from: Akanbi_edu Today at 11:15:57 AM
They won't have to pay anything to anybody, they'll just conquer the south-south and possibly the "cowardly" Yorubas.

They tried that in 1967 but were stopped in their tracks, by the "cowardly Yorubas" at the Battle of Ore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amina sambo embarks on house-2-house campaign in kano / NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles / Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.