Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,535 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (378766 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
uchetobi:

That’s over a year ago.. when did you dq

I’m shocked any current F4 is still pending interview considering the bulletin has not moved in a whole year
December 2020
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
bonawaja:

December 2020

Why is your dq so late

I’m not even current yet but my dq was feb 2020
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Rudolfchris(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2022
bonawaja:

HI Rudo the last time you received interview reminder is der any attachment letter to it i mean the same reminder letter but come as an attachment to the email or only the email no attachment.

This recent interview reminder didn't come with any attachment but the previous ones came with attachment. Although, the content of the attachment is always the same as that of the letter itself.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Rudolfchris(m): 10:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
bfn1:

Sorry, I don't have any current update on F1 interviews.
Perhaps, anyone here who is in the know will help.

Alright then. Thank you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by nairaspace: 1:41am On Sep 01, 2022
What is the fb group. Would love to keep an eye on that as well. I want to check for my aunty who is from Benin Republic.

Thank you

dammodee911:
According to a Facebook immigrant visa group I follow, this is the current backlog numbers at the US embassies for different countries. I took a screen shot showing Lagos and it’s about 3k plus for family preference category and 4k plus for immediate relative. Only one or two more countries have it worse than us in Lagos
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fedo: 2:31am On Sep 01, 2022
Hello everyone, I have a question/concern. My husband recently became a US citizen and we were thinking of upgrading our petition from F2A lR1 but we are worried that it may take us back to the bottom of the line. Our DQ is August 2021. Has anyone done this before and did it affect your PD date? TIA.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by nairaspace: 3:03am On Sep 01, 2022
Imo, i do not believe you get bumped down instead, it should bump u up as immediate relatives has more priority than F2A.

fedo:
Hello everyone, I have a question/concern. My husband recently became a US citizen and we were thinking of upgrading our petition from F2A lR1 but we are worried that it may take us back to the bottom of the line. Our DQ is August 2021. Has anyone done this before and did it affect your PD date? TIA.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by socialmediaman: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fedo: 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
nairaspace:
Imo, i do not believe you get bumped down instead, it should bump u up as immediate relatives has more priority than F2A.

Thank you much for your response.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Boofrenzy: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2022
Hi , please I need a quick assistance, my cr1 was refused pending my sponsor shows proof of meeting income requirements. I have attached the letter but if someone can assist with a better explanation of what is required of me , that would be much appreciate. I can't get a joint sponsor but have an adult family member who is working. Can I merge this person income with mine to meet the requirements? please help

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by nairaspace: 9:15am On Sep 02, 2022
Your income cannot be used. Anyone you have that can sponsor should use the USCIS poverty guidelines to do the calculations. So if they will add you to the number of their household, then what they make should be greater than the number indicated for that specific household size and they should provide all those listed document for co-sponsor. It is not difficult. Once you provide that and submit via dhl, then you are good to go and expect ur visa on ur passport when it is returned.

Here is the link for the guideline.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Select the 48 states, it is most generic.

Boofrenzy:
Hi , please I need a quick assistance, my cr1 was refused pending my sponsor shows proof of meeting income requirements. I have attached the letter but if someone can assist with a better explanation of what is required of me , that would be much appreciate. I can't get a joint sponsor but have an adult family member who is working. Can I merge this person income with mine to meet the requirements? please help
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Boofrenzy: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2022
Thanks , i appreciate. So i mean to say add the adult family member as Co sponsor to my petitioner income, then co-sponsor fill the form I-864A right ? Then i provide the documents they marked on 2nd and 3rd Asterix ?
nairaspace:
Your income cannot be used. Anyone you have that can sponsor should use the USCIS poverty guidelines to do the calculations. So if they will add you to the number of their household, then what they make should be greater than the number indicated for that specific household size and they should provide all those listed document for co-sponsor. It is not difficult. Once you provide that and submit via dhl, then you are good to go and expect ur visa on ur passport when it is returned.

Here is the link for the guideline.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Select the 48 states, it is most generic.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2022
nairaspace:
What is the fb group. Would love to keep an eye on that as well. I want to check for my aunty who is from Benin Republic.

Thank you

Group link is below

https://www./685814728993483/?ref=share
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2022
Stumbled on this on google searching for info about Oct 2022 visa bulletin predictions. Hope this is true that we are about to witness some major movements in the coming months starting from October

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Helpout12345: 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
fedo:

I reply you because I think there is an important information you might need.

F2A is current at the moment and might remain current for the foreseeable future. IR1 has no visa limits, therefore no priority date to be watching.

But one thing very important to switch is that if you enter as a wife of a citizen on GC, you will be due to file for US citizenship in 3 years, but if you enter as wife of a Permanent Resident, you will have to wait for 5 years before you can apply for citizenship.

I think it's very advantageous to switch to IR1 at NVC now before they schedule your embassy interview.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Helpout12345: 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Boofrenzy:
Thanks , i appreciate. So i mean to say add the adult family member as Co sponsor to my petitioner income, then co-sponsor fill the form I-864A right ? Then i provide the documents they marked on 2nd and 3rd Asterix ?

The co-sponsor must meet the income requirements after adding you to the number of people in their household.

If they meet the income requirements, they should fill the form and give you their documents
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fedo: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2022
Helpout12345:

I reply you because I think there is an important information you might need.

F2A is current at the moment and might remain current for the foreseeable future. IR1 has no visa limits, therefore no priority date to be watching.

But one thing very important to switch is that if you enter as a wife of a citizen on GC, you will be due to file for US citizenship in 3 years, but if you enter as wife of a Permanent Resident, you will have to wait for 5 years before you can apply for citizenship.

I think it's very advantageous to switch to IR1 at NVC now before they schedule your embassy interview.
Thank you so much for this information. I appreciate.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Boofrenzy: 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2022
Thanks
Helpout12345:

The co-sponsor must meet the income requirements after adding you to the number of people in their household.

If they meet the income requirements, they should fill the form and give you their documents

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by nairaspace: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2022
Many blessings. Thank you. ��

dammodee911:

Group link is below

https://www./685814728993483/?ref=share
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2022
Rudolfchris:

This recent interview reminder didn't come with any attachment but the previous ones came with attachment. Although, the content of the attachment is always the same as that of the letter itself.
yes i know the letter that was attach d content is also the same as it is in the email.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bivoprad(f): 4:42am On Sep 05, 2022
Hello everyone, please can police report still be done in state headquarters? Precisely in Osogbo
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 8:45am On Sep 06, 2022
nairaspace:

You better do that very fast it will speed you visa appointment in Lagos,it will not affect anything
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2022
bivoprad:
Hello everyone, please can police report still be done in state headquarters? Precisely in Osogbo

Yes
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
How many months or years is the POLICE REPORT VALID FOR.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ifeanyichukwu42:
3 months
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Helpout12345: 2:48am On Sep 07, 2022
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 6:23am On Sep 07, 2022
Helpout12345:
By Nigeria Police, it's valid for 3 months but by NVC and Embassy, it is currently valid for 2 years.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html
Thanks.

"Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued."

Cc: Ifeanyichukwu42
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2022
Ifeanyichukwu42:
It valid for 3 month in Nigeria but NVC and Embassy 2 Years
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
bonawaja:

It valid for 3 month in Nigeria but NVC and Embassy 2 Years
In reality(embassy) it is valid for 12months.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 5:30am On Sep 08, 2022
October bulletin no movement
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2022
bonawaja:

October bulletin no movement

It’s very sad man. Immediate relatives are being given preference over family class
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Boofrenzy: 10:11am On Sep 10, 2022
Thanks brother, it is settled.
Helpout12345:

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.