Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man (3168 Views)

Relationship Between AA And SS / I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. / Dating An Insecure Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 3:05am On Feb 15, 2010
This is my first post on here, and I thought I would see if there were any other AA females dating African men.

I personally love it.  It's definitely a new experience and I am learning as I go lol.  Our cultures are so different, but I am fascinated by his.  I'm 19 and he is several years older than me, but we are dealing well with the age difference!  I'm also at University in another city, so there's the added element of being long distance for a bit lol.  We have been together for 7 months now, and going strong.

How's everyone else's experiences been?
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 3:17am On Feb 15, 2010
just make sure he has a green card or the right to live in the states indefinately
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by THEAMAKA(f): 3:17am On Feb 15, 2010
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 3:19am On Feb 15, 2010
Why Viva?

And my bad lol, I'm new to this site, don't really know how to search threads haha
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by THEAMAKA(f): 3:22am On Feb 15, 2010
you're welcome. smiley
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 3:25am On Feb 15, 2010
some people that have been here since this site opened, dont realise new members havent got time to go digging into nl archieves
like they say there is nothing new under the sun
imagine u ask ur mum===mum wat does it mean to have a period
and ur mum says, ive already answered that question 5 years, go ask ur sister====silly isnt it
cos i dont trust nigerian men, how old is this man, b4 i go any further
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 3:29am On Feb 15, 2010
Lol Yeap, I'm totally new to this site, so don't know where to search, I guess some people don't realise how confusing this ish is for someone who is new! And good example haha.

He's 27, almost 28, So why don't you trust Nigerian men?
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 3:40am On Feb 15, 2010
hmmm, i might be wrong, but i smell a rat, a 28 year old and a 19 year old just doesnt sound right, not like its a phenomenal age gap
but u wld think a man of that age might want to date at least a 24year old
any way, stylishly ask about his immigration status in the states, i say this cos i am a british born nigeria, i ve spent bout half of my life in the uk and trust me ive come across a lot of nigerian men who wld do anything just to get the right papers to remain in the uk
i really wouldnt want u to fall into that trap n to b honest i fear igbo men.
ur a very young lady, n i think ive earned the right to say that, cos i was 19 in 2001.
i know wat it feels like to be 19, ur young and to a certain degree very impressionable, an ideal candidate for a man wiv ideas above his station
just out of curiosity, does he have a strong west african accent
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 3:50am On Feb 15, 2010
Hmm, I see what you're saying but I don't think he is like that. But hey I'm going to play it by ear.

The difference in age is sort of big, but I don't think it makes a dent between us, lol I have heard the greencard argument, so I will watch out for that. Yes he does have a strong accent, he hasn't been in the US for long. What does his accent have to do with anything though? I'm curious. And why do they scare you?

So you are a nigerian who was born in the UK?
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 4:07am On Feb 15, 2010
nigerians have accents like every one else obviously, cos i am nigerian i can always tell the refined accents frm the unrefined ones and this can often be an indication of how well educated the person is, cos nt so educated pips tend to have v crude unrefined accents, althought there r exceptions to this rule
if he has a crude accent n doesnt speak fluent english, there is a high probability he is after u for papers
all in all just watch out especially if he starts talking bout getting married to u
like i said ur young, u got ur whole life ahead of u, perharps ur in college or perharps at university, i wld foccus on myself 4 now, if i were u, i wld date a few men, get a degree etc in life,educaton n men lol, b4 i take men too seriously
s
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by ima1(f): 4:19am On Feb 15, 2010
I do agree with Viva, if he hasn't been in the U.S for long, chances are that he is looking for papers.

I am an AA, though born n raised in nigeria for 17 yrs, i can't tell you how many times me and my sisters have been asked by some naija guys to get married to them so they can get papers, sucks but try to find out if this guy is for real or he might be married with kids back home.
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 4:55am On Feb 15, 2010
tank u v mch ima1, there is this programm on tv called uk border and immigration, a few nigerians have been featured on this programm, u need to see how low nigerians, esp the men, wld stoop jst to get into the uk, it is truely pathetic, enof said am sure u get my point, best of luck kiddo.
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Chykason(m): 5:04am On Feb 15, 2010
Hmmmmmm
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by THEAMAKA(f): 5:45am On Feb 15, 2010
OH PLEASE!!! it's not like she was asking for advice, she was just telling her story.
whatevs.*rolls eyes*
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 5:52am On Feb 15, 2010
amaka, u know i make a very valid point, roll ur eyes all u want, u can even roll ur nose and teeth sef if u like
people like u r so quick to jump on new commers on this site, it is called busy body
even if the thread already exists, a fresh input wouldnt cause any body to have a hunch back
she asked for my experience and i shared it, inshort i will go on that thread u posted, so that ur efforts will not be in vain
dont 4get to twist ur arm too wink
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 5:58am On Feb 15, 2010
well he doesnt have a 'crude' accent, it's apparent English is not his first language. Though he speaks very standard English, sometimes he doesnt understand my slang lol.
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 6:01am On Feb 15, 2010
lol thx for sharing your experiences viva and ima, though I dont think he's like that

I did want to see others experiences and opinions, so thank you!

I'm just interested in nigerian culture as a whole! he has opened my eyes to an entirely new world
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 6:02am On Feb 15, 2010
sch a Arrow, the bloody topic doesnt even relate to this one, yes its about dating nigerian men abraod, but it is adressing a completely diff matter entirely, u see wat i said about busy body
i am sorry the period anology doesnt even do u any justice, this is like u asking ur mum wat it means too have a period and ur mum tells u to ask ur brother knowing fully well that the answer she gave him was to the question of y he has an erection in the morning
knowing this effing site e=r=e=c=t=i=o=n will be censored
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by THEAMAKA(f): 6:02am On Feb 15, 2010
blah blah blah, more like invalid.
don't worry, i'll just twist your neck instead.
hmmmm. . . NEXT!!!  cool
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 6:04am On Feb 15, 2010
ur welcome anarii, jst watch out for the pot holes, if at all they appear
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Chykason(m): 6:05am On Feb 15, 2010
Viva is on fire!
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 6:06am On Feb 15, 2010
wat while rolling ur eyes, r u sure u cn multi task, i dnt think u can handle it bt by all means give it a go, but pls be gentle
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 6:07am On Feb 15, 2010
Lol yall are too funny haha,

And I will viva, i keep my eyes out

I think you said ur in Uk, i heard there are alot of nigerians there as well
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 6:08am On Feb 15, 2010
yall are wildin looool

:::deaaad:::
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 6:10am On Feb 15, 2010
plenty nigerians in the uk n plenty idiotic ones too a bit like a certain miss a aka busy body, jst kidding
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 6:13am On Feb 15, 2010
lol they are idiotic ppl everywhere shit
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 6:14am On Feb 15, 2010
I guess the 's word' loool
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Chykason(m): 6:17am On Feb 15, 2010
*yawns*
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by vivaladiva(f): 6:17am On Feb 15, 2010
i know anarii, even as some animals r more equal than others so also some idiots r more idiotic than others
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 6:18am On Feb 15, 2010
Aww do you need a pillow chykason?
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Anarii: 6:19am On Feb 15, 2010
Yeah I feel you viva
Re: I'm A Aa Female Dating An Nigerian (igbo) Man by Chykason(m): 6:23am On Feb 15, 2010
I need soft laps sofa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Advice Is Needed. / We Tried Our Best / Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.