Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc (15651 Views)

See What Happens To The Blackberry Priv After It Was Turned Over Fire / If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One / How Much Do Nigerians Love The Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by atilla(m): 7:41pm On May 29, 2010
@oluwabamis

I use etisalat BB service its quite good. I dont know what you mean by data limit cause I use it for a whole month,
If you want I could get my account manager to give you a call or email to hook u up with it.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by oluwabamis(m): 8:29pm On May 29, 2010
atilla, I appreciate your reply. my email is oayorinde@gmail.com or 08055493167, i will appreciate d call
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by ololobi(m): 8:31pm On May 29, 2010
@ justkunmi
Its sad that our so called "blackberry service" in Nigeria is just a tiny fraction of what it can be. Can't watch videos on youtube,can't download blackberry app world on your phone and even the so called customer care guys don't have any idea of solving the complaints of demanding users. Anyways, you can watch youtube videos thru another site which is more mobile friendly and won't require streaming. Try http://m.vuclip.com/?mobile
Pls let me know if it helps.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Azanor(m): 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2010
looks like this blackberry craze is all smoke and no fire. I'm sure more than half of the people carrying the thing around have problems but are too proud to complain about the mediocre services. Even the various network customer care personnel are not helping matters at all, they are just as confused as everyone else. If i was considering buying a bb and i just read this thread, i would have changed my mind before reaching the end.
Isnt there any bb guru out there that can come and help these people out?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Ralvy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
I'll be honest here, I'v not had any problems on my  Bold 9700, as regards the "hotspot browser", you just have to switch it to "Internet Browser" and all will be good. The only issue I have is "tethering", I'm not a windows user and as such can't use the BBM desktop manager, I use a Linux app called "berry4all", and I've been unable to tether in 3G mode, EDGE works perfectly but it's slow. So there's my only problem which I know I'd resolve soon,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by beecrofty(m): 8:10am On Jun 04, 2010
Ralvy, Are you the Nerve -geek-byte.org on my Wifes BB If i catch you!! just joking. i see you know alot about the internet, i'd told her i'll find out who the dude is on nld, now i got a report to make, lol
How u doing bruv.!
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Ralvy(m): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2010
Hey! Lol! Her Father, Brother, Uncle, Grandfather, Son, Husband! Great Combo,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by atilla(m): 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2010
@oluwabami

hey just saw your reply, ive saved your details so u can take it off otherwise ull be getting loads of spam mail.

Ill get them to call u on monday. enjoy the weekend.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by HC: 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2010
Anyone got a clean used 8520 Curve for sale, please TXT me on 08023700812.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by benabbey(m): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2010
You can use Your blackberry visit www.crackberry.com That is what I am using here
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by demola9: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2010
i have a black berry bold that is left o mep.what can i do
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Ralvy(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
Until u define "left o mep", I can't help.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by demola9: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
i was trying to open the black berry bold 9700 orange.mep has gone to zero.how can i open it.to other networks
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Kommentato(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2010
[size=8pt]Hello House,

I've been having problems with my Blackberry Bold 9000 lately. I did a restart by removing the battery, and later replaced it within minutes but the phone couldn't start up again, it keeps giving me this error report [color=#990000]''JVM Error 517 Filesystem corrupt''

Please any suggestion to fix the problem would be appreciated. Thanks you all.
[/color]
[/size]
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Dngi: 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2010
hi every body, i have a bb pearl 8120 problem , it seems as if the phone now has an evil spirit,i have noticed that when i have credit one my phone it suddenly decides to call pple in my address book,it will connect to the web by itself and a number of other things like pause music when it is playing .
Please anyone dont hesitate to help ,thanks.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by teeepeee1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
Hello everyone, i use a storm1 and not just filling it @l, i am seriously in need of a blackberrybold1, anyone that has one for a reasonable price should please contact me on 08024422147, please its urgent!!!!
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by justkunmi(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ololobi
nice one
vuclip works like magic.

does anyone have a dictionary app?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by wurdz: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2010
@ atila and oluwabami, interested in the etisalat BIS, do thier service outlets open on staurdays?pls let me know the nitty gritty of subscribing, my e-mail addy is wordsege@yahoo.com.Thanks
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by bolaji5000(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2010
, Any BB for sale NEW/FAIRLY Used,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Lorenzo530: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2010
Hi People,

I use a BlackBerry 9630 and recently,it stopped to boot.This notice "App Error 523,Reset" keeps appearing on the screen. I need someone in the house to explain to me what this means and a lasting solution,please!
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by femionasan(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2010
Hi, can someone help with my bb? I use a storm1. I recently upgraded the software version to v5.0.0 and it works perfectly just like storm2 but the problem i have now is i cant download the blackberry world application to my phone. I tried using the link given by texxazzpete earlier but the application loader cannot see the file. Can anyone help?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by femionasan(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2010
Oh and when i try to download via the bb website from my computer it says device not supported.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Kjay(m): 12:20am On Jul 10, 2010
my trackball (BB Curve) recently stopped sliding upwards. Does anyone have any remedy?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by hansibone(m): 11:05am On Jul 11, 2010
Well I use a BB storm 2 and its fun but guys have this in mind the blackberry is a business phone and not an entertainment phone like the iphone.

And IF you just subscribed for your bis service with mtn, give em 24 hours and then do a hard reset, just pull your battery out and put it back in.

I can do a lot with my BB and browsing on it is fun
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by n3rve(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2010
Well, I do a lot of fun things with my BlackBerry smiley
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by synchx: 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2010
Hello Guys,

i recently upgraded my 8520 Cure to OS 5 and am presently having issues viewing my SMS message. how can i downgrade to OS 4?

Thank Ya'll
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by xpensiv: 10:54am On Jul 20, 2010
hi, i gt this bold 2 (9700) its un branded outside, when u start it up it shows vodafone, tried to activate mtn BIS bt it didnt browse,,, wht do u guys think pls?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by kpolli(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2010
durella don already sing about all these enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2010
HC:

Anyone got a clean used 8520 Curve for sale, please TXT me on 08023700812.

are you serious bro.
I picked up one 2day but i can fling it if you can come up reasonably. Great phone but no RADIO. For me radio is indispensable.
Drop your email if u're in Lagos. You might just be a proud owner of a sweet BB soonest!
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by hustla(m): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2010
BB ke?For Wat and @Kunmi seems u havent used an iphone before abi?U mit wanna throw away ur crappy BB nand embrace the steve Jobs initiative, Safari and Opera Mini in full screen totally kill the BB browser,not to mention a shitload of other browsers u can dload,

Even OGs on thia forum like texxapete will do more thn agree wit m tht the only thng good bout the BB is the tethering,d Pin and the reasonable browsin fee, at least thts d only reason i cn manage to buy one, but as tym goes on,theyll make errthn near same price,

Plus BBs aint got apps like nokias and iphones,please! D crackberry site is pure garbage compared to d itunes app store,jailbroken cydia and rock;lemme not even mention installous, Joooooooo! Oo ni fe fi kukute se club bouncer oh,

bB users,enjoy!
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2010
I downloaded the apps to my desktop, transfered to BB but it refused to run. I found out that the file extensions are .cod and .alx

Meanwhile i checked other apps that are already running and they are all .jar file extensions.

Is there any way i can do file conversions? Any other work around will be appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Long Can You Go Without Data On Your Phone? / Stop Buying Gionee Phones / 8 Acts We Find Most Irritating On Social Media, What’s Yours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.