Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc (15816 Views)

See What Happens To The Blackberry Priv After It Was Turned Over Fire / If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One / How Much Do Nigerians Love The Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by ceasyc(f): 10:38am On Jul 29, 2010
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2010
cecegorz:

I downloaded the apps to my desktop, transfered to BB but it refused to run. I found out that the file extensions are .cod and .alx

Meanwhile i checked other apps that are already running and they are all .jar file extensions.

Is there any way i can do file conversions? Any other work around will be appreciated.

Meeen! Nokia's copy and paste got me real bad.

I've learnt to use App loader for BB installations.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by AppleofGod(f): 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hi people

how do u configure microsoft exchange on ur bb? am having issues/

Please help,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by mroluway: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2010
Hay BB gurus i need help on my BB storm1 , I change the screen and its requesting for IMEI Code, i manage to skip the request, and enter the Menu, And its Couldn't come up with Network. Plz help , i need advise.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by n3rve(m): 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2010
Under "Manage Connections", is "Mobile Network" checked?

-[n3rve]
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by mroluway: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2010
i have tried that but its not working ,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by achinu(m): 2:29am On Aug 02, 2010
Kjay:

my trackball (BB Curve) recently stopped sliding upwards. Does anyone have any remedy?

soak a cotton-wool in some alcohol, make sure you DON'T drench the cotton-wool with alcohol & then use the cotton-wool to wipe the track-ball. This will pick up any grime or dirty that may be stuck under the track-ball, hope that helps,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by westcodes(m): 8:10am On Aug 02, 2010
@ Lorenzo,

Did you fix the problem with your BB yet? Your OS is fried. Hopefully you made a back up of your phone so you can restore everything after fixing it. What you have to do is download Desktop manager and a new OS for your 9630. You can get both from the blackberry website, then download crackmem (google is your friend). After running crackmem, download the Desktop manager and the OS first before the crackmem as crackmem needs them to work. After installing the OS and desktop manager on your PC, run crackmem with you phone plugged in, select the OS you installed and confirm it,then select remove .xml vendor (IMPORTANT!!) click execute selection, click on brickmyphone next, enter BrickMyPhone (case sensitive) in the pop up. App loader should come up and from there you can finish the install by just following the prompts. If app loader does not come up after typing BrickMyPhone, you can open it manually. I use Vista and this is where you will find apploader (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader) in the apploader folder, look for a file vendor.xml, delete it and launch the apploader. It should work that way. Hope this helps, if not let me know what response you are getting. I am typing this off my head so it might be a little off.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
AppleofGod:

Hi people

how do u configure microsoft exchange on your bb? am having issues/

Please help,

You will first of all need your IT guys to provision your line on your company's Black berry Enterprise server, thereafter, you can now go to your phone's Enterprise activation, under options. Enter ur corporate email addy, your login password and the server address(provided by ur IT guys).
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2010
Guys,
I need the correct APN settings for browsing with Opera on MTN. I browse normally with the BB web n walk, but once i launch Opera, it says that i am not connected to the internet.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by twinskenny(m): 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
I didn't do any of dat since I am using exchange, I just setup d email without much hasle,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by babybird82(f): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2010
Hello nairalanders,

I have a curve 8520 and I had to download yahoo messenger. Anytime I try to log in it says "service not enabled for this hand held'.
I have friends with the same 8520 dat log in to yahoo messenger.
Also how do I upgrade to 0
OS 5?
How do I get to use my phone as a modem?
Thank you.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2010
^^^
Well, for MTN, the YIM comes standard when u activate BIS. I hardly even use d icon bc with NIMBUZ or IM± apps, you have a single point of access for messenger, skype, FB chat and all that. Just download either of them.
Be careful on uprading the OS so u don't brick ur BB, always backup first.
The modem option is still a research in progress over here. There's a tether for blackberry app. they use abroad but it doesn't work here yet
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Iranoladun(f): 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'd like to change my BB housing cause it's broken (even though the phone works very well) rather than by a complete new phone. I checked on BB website and housings are available.

Is there anyone with information on where I can buy a BB (8300) housing?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by holotee(m): 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
Iranoladun:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to change my BB housing cause it's broken (even though the phone works very well) rather than by a complete new phone. I checked on BB website and housings are available.

Is there anyone with information on where I can buy a BB (8300) housing?

Just go to computer village in ikeja. Slot's blackberry shop or any other phone shop shaa
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by airroseice(m): 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2010
Hi Folks,

I'm on the Glo monthly data plan and I must say its really excruciating trying to tether with it.
Any tips please?

Thanks.
BB 9700.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by zenus(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2010
My friend new bb does not allow him to add it's email even with he's bb subscription which will expire in a week's time.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by benabbey(m): 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2010
@Zenus let your friend go to Blackberry Help on his phone and go to email setting. He should follow the procedure. The email address and password off he goes
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by benabbey(m): 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2010
Glo BB as a modem is not advisable they will charge 15k/kb. That is a lot of money. You can easily tether zain cause it came with 1gig Data
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by benabbey(m): 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2010
@AppleofGod If you are on BES you should be able to receive microsoft outlook mail automatically cause your outlook email is added instantly. If you are on BIS you can only install Desktop manager to your Laptop and whenever you connect your BB it get updated automatically.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2010
airroseice:

Hi Folks,

I'm on the Glo monthly data plan and I must say its really excruciating trying to tether with it.
Any tips please?

Thanks.
BB 9700.

You don't need to go through the stress of tether any more.
Just update your device OS to version 5.0 if it is less than that currently, then update your desktop manager to version 6.0.
Once you launch DM 6.0, click on TOOLS and you will see the option to configure device as modem, you will need to get the settings from your service providers, once you key it in, Viola! Welcome to the internet on PC via BB

Caveat: Charges /kb can drain all ur call credits faster than you can ever imagine!
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2010
Please, how do i remove ACTIVATION REQUIRED from my Bold 9560
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by segun9090: 10:41am On Oct 21, 2010
I have new blackberry bold 1(bold 9000) unlocked mobile phone for sale, with valid pin and imei numbers for blackberry email and messenger, 50 pieces available, you can call segun on 08088831652

The price for the bold 1(bold 9000) is 43,000 naira only, and it is available for immediate pick up, we can also deliver to anypart of nigeria by ems speedpost, it cost just 1,500 naira to deliver to anypart of nigeria in just 48 hours, start placing your orders over the telephone, call segun on 08088831652

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by NJN: 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
My peeps,

Pls help clarify something I'm confused about. I

f you subscribe to the monthly BIS plan of a particular network say MTN, and u now tether (browse on ya laptop using the phone as a modem), do u still get to be charged, as per do they still get to cut ya money even after paying say 5K for the monthly internet access?

pls help clarify this issue abeg. smiley

thank you.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by benzion72(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
You can freely theter Zain cos it come with 1Gig Data provision. You cannot do same for MTN and GLO. I have not tried Etizalat. You will pay extra if you dear try it
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by NJN: 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2010

That's interesting. thanks for the info.

does anyone have info regarding where Etisalat stands on this. I incidentally would be using Etisalat.

Thank you.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by wanitas(f): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
just got me a blackberry torch 9800, doesanyone know where i can get casing for it?
and does LCD protector affect the quality of the touchscreen? thx
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by zenus(m): 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
benabbey:

@Zenus let your friend go to Blackberry Help on his phone and go to email setting. He should follow the procedure. The email address and password off he goes

It shows The device cannot be connect to de server.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by ZubAli(m): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2010
Good day,

Fukda mobile phone China just launch mobile phone with 3 Sim slot.

Be the first to buy from Nigeria.

Hear from you soon.

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by ZubAli(m): 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
Good day,

Fukda mobile phone China just launch mobile phone with 3 Sim slot.

Be the first to buy from Nigeria.

Hear from you soon.

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by boblee2u: 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2010
Have you seen the First Blackberry app for a Reality TV show in Nigeria
Its for the Peaktalentshow.

Go to; www.peaktalentshow.mobi on your blackberry to download the First Blackberry app built in Nigeria.
Scroll to the bottom of the home page to download the app

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by taxanalyst(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2010
I just bought a Torch 9800 from the UK.

I have subscribed to the MTN BIS and FB,BBM and YM are all working.
However,  I cannot  setup email or browse with it.
Anytime I click the browser it tells me "my device does not have browser configuration service book entries"

I've contacted MTN Customer Care and they say their is no service book provision for OS 6.

But I have friends who are browsing with their Torch on the MTN  network.

Can anyone help with this problem?.

NB: The Torch is Vodafone branded.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Domestic Use Of Mobile Phones / Share Your Phone Battery Experience / BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.