Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* (3858 Views)

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / Do We Still Have Ladies That Can Love A Broke Man Like This? - See Picture / How To Know Ladies That Will Become Lazy And Dirty Housewives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
i dont really know if too much confidence on the part of a man is a turn on to ladies. but when it comes to ladies being too confident, and what men have to say about that, i'd say that its definitely a big turn off undecided. yes you heard me sad. being too confident does not come without its share of disadvantages...

for one, i've found that more often than not, ladies that are too confident have the tendency to act cocky...(i work with girls so i know) where i work, there are these three girls who according to what i have observed, are the most confident among the others. and out of the three, only one seems to have an atom of respect, the other two are more likely to disrespect you than they are likely to respect you embarassed

Another thing about them too confident ladies is that they always have a lot of female friends who cheer them up even when they act stupid, so they tend not to care whether they step on your toes or not. they are carefree, they do not like to be controlled! undecided

now, when it comes to relating with them, well, i find two of them repulsive smiley then somehow, i like the other remaining one who is respectful. so am more likely to relate to non of them to be on safe side. doesnt mean that am afraid of them either. i just think its best to avoid them. so dating or marrying anyone of them is definitely out of the question. And trust me, most men would most likely thread my part.

So my advice to ladies is this, tone down on the excess confidence because you dont really need it. We men love ladies who would massage our egos grin we love to be in control, and we definitely want peace to reign in our family when we eventually get married. we want peace of mind and we want a woman who would respect us as long as we respect ourselves. it does not matter the number of women you attract with ur unbashedness because you aint going to marry ur fellow woman after all, you are going to settle with a man, and that man demands respect from you!

Thanks cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
Actually I like confident ladies
I love being challenged all the time
So, I will encourage my girlfriend to challenge me
I have always done my best work under pressure smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
sunshineG:
Actually I like confident ladies I love being challenged all the time So, I will encourage my girlfriend to challenge me I have always done my best work under pressure smiley
Exactly.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
You are looking for a lady you can intimidate abi.
Why are you so scared of confident women?

A confident woman will always represent you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ha!op are you for real? shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Rorachy:

not scared of them. am talking about extremely confident ladies here. those that can smash your car when you get on their nerves. but i have a question for you. do you as a woman like xtremely confident guys likely to get physical & brutal with you when you mess with them??

6 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Ha!op are you for real? shocked undecided
sure. i switched to my laptop just to type this so am serious. plus it been a while since i created a thread last
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nuzo1(m): 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
There's a big difference between being confident (which is a good thing) AND being disrespectful, unnecessarily confrontational and condescending.

The former has more to do with knowledge, conviction and principles mixed with respect. While the later has all to do with low self-esteem as a result of years of being treated as subhuman.

Our societal values does little to emphasize on the struggles, pains and discrimination of our women. Heck, whenever anyone of them get a little chance to break free....they over do it.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
Rorachy:

you dont even sound as confident as the kind of girls am talking about, i can intimidate you if you are only as confident as this your write-up

4 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Huee(f): 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
There are men who love ladies who can challenge them, have a mind of theirs and also have their back anytime...
Such ladies produce successful men.
I just feel you're either intimidated or don't like females challenging your authority.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nuzo1:
There's a big difference between being confident (which is a good thing) AND being disrespectful, unnecessarily confrontational and condescending.

The former has more to do with knowledge, conviction and principles mixed with respect. While the later has all to do with low self-esteem as a result of years of being treated as subhuman.

Our societal values does little to emphasize on the struggles, pains and discrimination of our women. Heck, whenever anyone of them get a little chance to break free....they over do it.
well, somehow i have to disagree with you sir grin lol. these girls am talking about do not have low self esteem. they are too confident that they get disrespectful occasionally, often without knowing it. wink
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by QueenSekxy(f): 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
Rorachy:

the boy is suffering from inferiority complex. ..don't mind him

5 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ebuka2016:

sure. i switched to my laptop just to type this so am serious. plus it been a while since i created a thread last
Bros go and sleep,you don't know the meaning of confident.Does being confident is the same as arrogant or not being submissive to ones husband? U must be high on cheap weed when creating the thread.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ebuka2016:
i dont really know if too much confidence on the part of a man is a turn on to ladies. but when it comes to ladies being too confident, and what men have to say about that, i'd say that its definitely a big turn off undecided. yes you heard me sad. being too confident does not come without its share of disadvantages...

for one, i've found that more often than not, ladies that are too confident have the tendency to act cocky...(i work with girls so i know) where i work, there are these three girls who according to what i have observed, are the most confident among the others. and out of the three, only one seems to have an atom of respect, the other two are more likely to disrespect you than they are likely to respect you embarassed

Another thing about them too confident ladies is that they always have a lot of female friends who cheer them up even when they act stupid, so they tend not to care whether they step on your toes or not. they are carefree, they do not like to be controlled! undecided

now, when it comes to relating with them, well, i find two of them repulsive smiley then somehow, i like the other remaining one who is respectful. so am more likely to relate to non of them to be on safe side. doesnt mean that am afraid of them either. i just think its best to avoid them. so dating or marrying anyone of them is definitely out of the question. And trust me, most men would most likely thread my part.

So my advice to ladies is this, tone down on the excess confidence because you dont really need it. We men love ladies who would massage our egos grin we love to be in control, and we definitely want peace to reign in our family when we eventually get married. we want peace of mind and we want a woman who would respect us as long as we respect ourselves. it does not matter the number of women you attract with ur unbashedness because you aint going to marry ur fellow woman after all, you are going to settle with a man, and that man demands respect from you!

Thanks cheesy

This load of crap belongs in the blue trash can.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by LordKO(m): 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
Overconfidence (too confident lady/person) isn't a good attribute no matter the gender of the person that possess it. Intellectually and Literally, they knows everything but understand almost nothing. Wittily, they're too clever by half but never clever. It gets worse when you meet one that equally possesses boisterous personality.

A confident lady sure pass.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
Huee:
There are men who love ladies who can challenge them, have a mind of theirs and also have their back anytime...
Such ladies produce successful men.
I just feel you're either intimidated or don't like females challenging your authority.
how can a disrespectful person produce a successful person?? how can a goat give birth to a rat did you mean to say that such ladies produce equally wayward men grin. well, honestly i dont like females challenging my authority but when it happens, i really dont take it personal.
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
LordKO:

Overconfidence (too confident lady/person) isn't a good attribute no matter the gender of the person that possess it. Intellectually, they knows everything but understand almost nothing. Wittily, they're too clever by half but never clever. It gets worse when you meet one that equally possesses boisterous personality.

A confident lady sure pass.
cool you understand where am coming from

6 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by chivic(m): 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
I don't think confidence is the problem.Its good for your wife to be confident.
The issue is when her confidence affects her submission to you as the man.

Confidence is a plus any day.

1 Like

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by abelprice(m): 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
Lol... the ladies go soon turn this thread to feminist campaign... being confident is not bad but being confident without brain is worst... and we know d ladies dey are always doing things to d extreme.. Meaning.. d one's with brain are really good but the one's without brain are as dumb as hell.. jst saying.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
Benita27:
This load of crap belongs in the blue trash can.
my post and the sense it makes is too big to fit into that small trash can sweety grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ebuka2016:

my post and the sense it makes is too big to fit into that small trash can sweety grin
You've got some serious insecurities. Work on that, and stop assuming everyone would have to come down to your level 'cause you have a dick.

1 Like

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
chivic:
I don't think confidence is the problem.Its good for your wife to be confident.
The issue is when her confidence affects her submission to you as the man.

Confidence is a plus any day.
thats exactly what am talking about man... Today, one of those girls i mentioned was asked to do something as little as just maintaining a good posture by a waaaaaaaaay older lady, she just kept looking at the woman shocked i kept wondering oo. nnaa mehn, an averagely confident lady is just good to go abeg because most of them are respectful and even if they try to disrespect, you can get them to do exactly what you want somehow as a more confident guy.

1 Like

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nuzo1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ebuka2016:

well, somehow i have to disagree with you sir grin lol. these girls am talking about do not have low self esteem. they are too confident that they get disrespectful occasionally, often without knowing it. wink

Bro, I can authoritatively assure you that most people (male or female) who are disrespectfuly confident have very low self-esteem born out of fear or a long period of subjugation.

.....and a few get theirs from being lied to by their parents since childhood of how they should come first before others regardless of the situation.

I guess the later is what you are trying to describe.
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
Benita27:
You've got some serious insecurities. Work on that, and stop assuming everyone would have to come down to your level 'cause you have a dick.
anyone can feel insecure for various reasons excluding the topic on ground. so if it so happens that am insecure about a woman disrespecting me, it doesnt make the other insecure pple better than me. you obviously dont get my post. and the way you reacted to the post means you need to work on your emotional maturity grin.

1 Like

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nuzo1:

Bro, I can authoritatively assure you that most people (male or female) who are disrespectfuly confident have very low self-esteem born out of fear or a long period of subjugation.

.....and a few get theirs from being lied to by their parents since childhood of how they should come first before others regardless of the situation.

I guess the later is what you are trying to describe.
hmmm... lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Bros go and sleep,you don't know the meaning of confident.Does being confident is the same as arrogant or not being submissive to ones husband? U must be high on cheap weed when creating the thread.
bro read what i wrote up there!. i said that from what i have observed, ladies who are too confident have the tendency to be less submissive and cocky undecided . what is there to argue about? nawa for some pple oo. you no understand post you talk say person wey write am dey smoke weed.
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ebuka2016:

anyone can feel insecure for various reasons excluding the topic on ground. so if it so happens that am insecure about a woman disrespecting me, it doesnt make the other insecure pple better than me. you obviously dont get my post. and the way you reacted to the post means you need to work on your emotional maturity grin.
All right, I'll work on my emotional maturity based on the crap you just wrote for mediocres to consume but do me a favour, guys such as you who find others intimidating are a turnoff.
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ebuka2016:

bro read what i wrote up there!. i said that from what i have observed, ladies who are too confident have the tendency to be less submissive and cocky undecided . what is there to argue about? nawa for some pple oo. you no understand post you talk say person wey write am dey smoke weed.
Mtchewww seriously most pple on this thread don't really understand your post, u mixed up everything. grin Read all the comments angry bro.
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Mtchewww seriously most pple on this thread don't really understand your post, u mixed up everything. grin Read all the comments angry bro.
my post is straight forward bro
Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
Benita27:
All right, I'll work on my emotional maturity based on the crap you just wrote for mediocres to consume but do me a favour, guys such as you who find others intimidating are a turnoff.
the same way ladies like you who get tensed up easily are a big fat turn off grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. if i find someone as intimidating then it means that the person likes to intimidate pple. you dont even understand the kind of women am talking about here. how do you feel when a person is jealous that you are the center of attraction and want to just take it from you? now the problem with them is that they dont want you to relate with them; they talk down on you, etc. then you leave dem alone and go to other pple, they try all possible means to make sure you dont get those pple's attention. abeg is dat one not a turn off when they are wallowing in their own attention, they push you away, and when you are enjoying ur own attention, they still want to steal the show. this is just one of their many problems. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by pocohantas(f): 11:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
I have a friend who kept on complaining how her guy is over confident and unromantic. On further enquiry, I discovered the guy has done nothing wrong, just that she couldn't bend him the way she wants.

Ebuka 2016:

you can get them to do exactly what you want somehow as a more confident guy.

This you post confirms you're like my friend. Looking for who to bend and manipulate. If the lady isn't disrespectful, then I don't get the topic. Disrespect is a character flaw on its own and I also won't be with a guy who won't give me hundred percent respect.

When Nigerian men can't bend you the way they want, they call you less submissive. When Nigerian women can't bend you the way they want, they call you unromantic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies That Are Too Confident Are Turn Off! *my Opinion* by greatcid02(m): 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
[quote author=sunshineG post=59608389]Actually I like confident ladies
I love being challenged all the time
So, I will encourage my girlfriend to challenge me
I have always done my best work under pressure smiley
[/quote
One day she will handle u well nd u knw wats nxt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Doesn’t My Girlfriend Want Me To Touch Her Body? / He Is Giving Cold Attitude / Can A Man Genuinely Fall In Love With A Lady Without Asking For Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.