Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:05 AM

3CHUB's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 3CHUB's Profile / 3CHUB's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

Phones / Re: Tips To Stop Smartphone Addiction. by 3CHUB: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2015
we concur
Emeka71:
At least food is more important than a smart-phone.
Phones / Re: Tips To Stop Smartphone Addiction. by 3CHUB: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
very good
Joel3:
what is happening. I tried my luck cooking beans. guess what? the beans is also burning. not funny. this is not about the smart phone but nairaland itself.

if you have ever burnt your food while on nairaland click like. if you are cooking beans an hungry nairaland is the place to spend the time. when the bean will get done you won't know.
Phones / Tips To Stop Smartphone Addiction. by 3CHUB: 10:22am On Nov 10, 2015
Your smartphone is your connection to just about anything and everything. Think about it: in the palm of your hand you have access to news, sports, music, video, social media and messaging. We are connected in ways that we haven’t yet begun to fully comprehend. While smartphones are meant to help us be more efficient, that type of access can also be habit forming; almost addicting. You’re almost afraid to leave home without your phone, and you will routinely pat yourself down in panic if you can’t find it.

Overuse can also be detrimental to relationships. As we now snub significant people to use our smartphone. Now I’m not insinuating that we should we stop using our smartphones, that’s just crazy talk. It’s about moderation; a mobile device is meant to provide assistance in your life, not take it over completely.

1. Create no phone zones – It’s true; there is a time and a place for everything, including phone usage. Setting up areas free from phones – such as meal time, family game or movie nights and (especially) the bathroom – are a great way to be forced to stop surfing. Your phone is dirty enough as it is, you don’t need to tweet while you, you know. Having friends over? Set out a basket to put their phones in so you can actually spend some quality face-to-face time, instead of posting about it.

2.Change your bedtime routine – I use my smartphone as my alarm clock. While nothing screams “mobile addict” about that function, that accessibility could quite literally keep you up at night. You’d be tempted to watch a video, play games or browse the internet. There’s even the risk of “sleep texting.” To avoid trouble, keep your smartphone on the other side of the room. You’ll be less tempted to reach for it if you’re too snug in your bed to get up. The added bonus is that once the alarm goes off, you have to get up to turn it off, reducing the risk of hitting snooze or sleeping in.

3.Demote your notifications – The sound of an incoming message can be a source of excitement, like the sound of an ice cream truck rolling through the neighborhood. It can also be distracting, so why not set up profile notifications? You can set your phone to a variety of audible or silent profiles and even create custom contact notifications. That way you can enjoy peace and quiet unless an extremely important phone call or message comes in.

4.Take a break – Some weekends call for a complete disconnect. You want to talk? Come on over for dinner. Want to play a game? Dust off your football boots and go to the field. Again, you lived before the age of mobile devices; you can get back to the good old days now and then. You don’t need a phone to get through awkward silences or boredom, you can fight back with your own imagination. Put the phone down, lift your head up and immerse yourself with life that is happening around you. (As I type this, I can hear my dad’s voice telling me to turn off my NES.)

5.‘Apputation’ – This may be going a bit extreme, but we are in desperate times aren’t we? Apps are meant to provide shortcuts, easy access and mindless entertainment. It’s the source of the thought “oh, let me just check…” You tap through sport scores, movie reviews and social media while you’re cooking, next thing you know your food is burning and so is your house. Apputation (App+amputation) is a cute way of saying: Suck it up and uninstall apps that give you access to things you can get through a browser. Chances are, you’ll be less likely to check them as often.

Your smartphone can be your constant companion, but it shouldn’t have complete control over you. I know that it will keep you connected, productive and efficient, even if your face isn’t perpetually glued to it. It should make your life easier, not non-existent. What do you do to keep your smartphone addiction in check?

2 Likes 1 Share

Phones / Infinix Tecno And Itel Repair by 3CHUB: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
Some people wont buy a phone if the manufacturer doesnt have a care center close to them. But so many people like going to meet outside engineer to repair their phone probably because they feel the outside engineers are cheaper and faster. taking your phone to these engineers come with risk without guarantee. Contrary to what people think the care centers are actually cheaper, for example carlcare a place where a Tecno, Infinix or Itel phone can be repaired only charge for hardware so if your phone doesnt have hardware problem, the repair is free. If you use any of these devices, stop taking risks and visit the nearest carlcare center to you when your phone is faulty.
Technology Market / A Simple Way Of Getting A 42 Inches TV For Free by 3CHUB: 11:25am On Oct 30, 2015
Introducing the 3CHUB buy and win promo. just walk into our store, buy any phone and you could win yourself a 42 inches TV, a fridge, mobile phone and other awesome gifts. in the picture below are some participants and winners. dont be left out, hurry now.

Phones / 6 Key Features That Makes The Android 6.0 Marshmallow A Joy To Behold by 3CHUB: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
You're going to want Android Marshmallow. Google's latest version of Android may sound like a single headline feature followed by a list of tiny improvements, but they all add up to one important update — there's a reason Google is calling this release Android 6.0. Marshmallow is going to make Android able to do a lot more for you, all while making key refinements across the OS that address longstanding issues. All in all, we're looking at a smarter, sleeker, and more useable Android. So yeah, you're going to want to update.

1. GOOGLE NOW ON TAP

Google Now on Tap is easily Marshmallow's standout feature. It takes Google Now — the predictive assistant that's been beside your home screen for a couple years — and lets it crawl through your apps so that you can get extra info on basically anything almost instantly. Here's how it works: your press and hold the home button while inside of any app, and Google Now will read the screen, look for anything interesting — like the name of a celebrity, an event, or a location — and then return information on what it sees in a little popup box on the bottom of the screen.

2. FINGERPRINT SUPPORT

Fingerprint sensors have already popped up here and there on Android phones, but soon, they're probably going to be everywhere. That's because Google is building dedicated support for fingerprint sensors into Android, so that phone makers don't have to code it all in on their own. That means your next Android phone will likely let you use a fingerprint sensor to unlock your phone, make payments, and log into various apps and services. Basically, it's going to be a huge convenience for both the people making Android phones and the people using them.

3. USB TYPE-C[/b]

Everyone hates buying new cables, but this time it's worth it. USB Type-C (also called USB-C) is a tiny new reversible USB format that's kind of sweeping the tech industry. Before you know it, it's going to be used to charge most phones, tablets, and laptops, and for transferring data and video between devices. Marshmallow adds support for USB Type-C for Android phones and tablets, so there's a very good chance that your next phone will use it. Get ready — you'll never stab a Micro USB cable in the wrong direction again.

[b]4. DOZE

It seems like every new version of every operating system makes a claim about improving battery life, but Google's latest improvement may actually be a meaningful one. Doze, a new feature in Marshmallow, monitors how your device is being used and adjusts app activity accordingly. Basically, if you aren't using a tablet all day while it lies on your table, Marshmallow will simply pause your apps so they don't drain through your battery. That means apps won't be primed with new content the second you open them, but Google says a device's standby time could double. Not a bad tradeoff.

5. BETTER CUT, COPY, AND PASTE

Another small but meaningful change in Marshmallow is the way that it handles copy and pasting text. Rather than making you jump up to the top of the screen to find and decipher the cut, copy, and paste buttons, Marshmallow will float the options directly above the text you've selected. It's pretty much identical to how iOS does it, and it's a solid change. Even if it's only a small change, it's for something that you use a lot.

6. CHROME WORKS INSIDE OTHER APPS

It's always frustrating getting kicked out of an app and over to the web where you have to wait for a site to slowly load, so Google is doing something about it. With a feature called Chrome Custom Tabs, Marshmallow will allow apps to preload certain web content before sending you over to an in-app Chrome tab. That idea is that you're still visiting a live-updating website, but the experience should be much smoother.
Phones / Infinix Note Leak by 3CHUB: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
There is a rumor that infinix is launching a bigger version of the Infinix Hot Note later this year. The infinix hot note2 will run a whopping 5,300mah capacity and a 6.0 inches screen. . Definitely it come with Android lollipop. i hope you are as excited as we are about this device.
Phones / Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones by 3CHUB: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2015
It is not news that quite a number of phones now boast of an actually working fingerprint sensor. Manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, Sony, Huawei and Tecno have phones that have this feature. Having a device that operates via fingerprint means more privacy, and that’s what almost everybody wants.

Another good thing about fingerprint means you can never forget your password or pin and it unlocks faster.

One thing the devices that run a finger print sensor have in common though is the fact that none of them comes cheap.

Amongst the devices that operates a fingerprint sensor, the Tecno phantom5 is the least expensive of the bunch at a retail price of N69,900 and surprisingly has one of the best fingerprint sensor you could find.

It unlocks via fingerprint without waking the device first and it unlocks with 360 angle recognition.

If you need a device with fingerprint sensor mainly because of your privacy you can save a lot by getting the phantom5
Events / 3CHUB Twitter Giveaway by 3CHUB: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
follow us on twitter, ask people to follow us and cc u, to win

Phones / Buy And Win With 3CHUB by 3CHUB: 4:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
hurry to our outlet at 20, Awolowo way ikeja, buy a Tecno smartphone and stand a chance to win as much as N10,000. below are pictures of people that have participated and won something today

Phones / Buy And Win With 3CHUB by 3CHUB: 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
buy any tecno smartphone from 3CHUB and stand a chance to win between N10 and N10,000
Phones / Re: 3CHUB Phantom5 Promo by 3CHUB: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2015
50,000 is the retail price
Oyetboy:
how much is galaxy j7 jor?
Phones / 3CHUB Phantom5 Promo by 3CHUB: 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
buy a phantom5 from 3CHUB and get a Tecno T348 free

Phones / Samsung Devices To Get The Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update by 3CHUB: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
A new list has leaked purportedly revealing all Samsung smartphones that will be receiving an update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The list includes the Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S6 Edge and Edge+, Note 4 and 5, Galaxy Alpha, A8 and A7, along with others on the fence to make the cut.

Until now, Samsung has officially stayed mum on which of its smartphones will officially receive an upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Today, however, a list leaked purporting to reveal which handsets are set to receive the update across all smartphone manufacturers, and it included which Samsung devices made the cut.

The leak, which emerged out of China, listed the following Samsung handsets as confirmed to receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update: The Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge and Edge+, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S5, Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A7. A second column listed those Samsung smartphones whose receipt of Marshmallow is still up in the air. Smartphones listed in column two include the Galaxy A5, A3 and the entire E series.

If the report is true, that means that older handsets like the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 won't be making the jump to Marshmallow. Also not listed are the Galaxy S6 Duos and Note 4 Duos. It would seem strange if those devices were not to receive updates along with their non-Duos counterparts, and it's not clear if the list implies the variants are included with their more popular siblings.

Although the information seems plausible, it's best not to put too much stock in the list until Samsung officially confirms which of its own devices will receive the update. A list purporting to be an incomplete confirmation of Samsung handsets set to receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow was released several months ago and differed from the current one in excluding the Galaxy S5 as well as specifically mentioning the S6 Duos and Note 4 Duos.

It's not clear whether Samsung will actually announce a confirmed list of devices set to receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Some of the company's rivals have made official announcements concerning which of their devices will receive the update, including HTC, Motorola and Google, which has already flashed factory images of the update for devices it announced will receive it.
Sports / Predict And Win With 3c Hub by 3CHUB: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2015
introducing predict and win with 3c Hub. vidit our facebook page to predict the final scoreline of arsenal versus manchester united. https://www.facebook.com/3C.HUB follow the procedure and you may be a winner. powered by 3c Hub.

Phone/Internet Market / 3c Hub Price Slash For Tecno R7 by 3CHUB: 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
TECNO R7,price slash from N35,000 to N25,000,with power bank and flipcase for gifts. 2GB RAM+16GB ROM,13MP+5MP,5.5 inch,cost less for a fantastic Smartphone. To get it visit our store at Digital square, 20, Awolowo way, Ikeja Lagos.

Technology Market / Re: Price Slash For Tecno R7 by 3CHUB: 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
lol, we dont swap phones. but you can sell those phones and visit our store to get a good phone.
eleko1:
Do u pipu swap fone undecided ?wanna toss my Nokia 3310,BB Cuv2/3,Nokia xpressmusic,Motorola embarassed embarassed and add 2k join undecided embarassed wink .Deal undecided cry?
Technology Market / Price Slash For Tecno R7 by 3CHUB: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
TECNO R7,price slash from N35,000 to N25,000,with power bank and flipcase for gifts. 2GB RAM+16GB ROM,13MP+5MP,5.5 inch,cost less for a fantastic Smartphone. To get it visit our store at Digital square, 20, Awolowo way, Ikeja Lagos.

Phones / Re: New Tecno Camon C8 by 3CHUB: 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
Today or tomorrow.
Phones / 3C HUB Reminds You: Infinix Zero2 Can Update To Android 5.1 by 3CHUB: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dear Fans,

3C HUB brings you the good news, Infinix Zero2 can update to Android 5.1.

You can download it from the below link, or follow us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/3C.HUB

http://share.weiyun.com/5b1c75f2c4df5e9d906215a0f667ac84?ptlang=2052

Phones / Analysis Of Infinix New Smartphone-hot Note by 3CHUB: 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
For Infinix fans who are on the prawl for a new smartphone upgrade, the chances are your wallet will be glad you did. So I was able to live with both the Infinix Zero, Infinix Hot and now Infinix hot note for a while to give you a precise and well thought out verdict on the Hot Note.

Screen
It seems like the manufacturers of Infinix have listened to the cry of there loyal fans. Unlike the Infinix Zero and Infinix hot, the Infinix hot note lives up to its name "note" by coming with a wider screen (5.5 inch)for better image viewing, stunning High dynamic range camera for achieving amazingly balanced exposure with just 8.0MP rear facing camera and a power packed battery life with 4000 milliamperes that lets you get longer operating times. I was able to use this device for 2days straight without charge on normal usage (bbm,Facebook,wifi on,watsapp,play store download) and still had 38% left from 100% charge.wow! I no fit try am on Infinix zero...lol.

Body design
Compared to the Infinix zero the Infinix Hot Note opted for a less premium yet decent design made of mainly bendable plastic (or so I think). Personally, I do not like the feel compared to the Infinix zero (glassy feel). But if you are the type that prefers being safe than sorry then you will love the design of the Infinix Hot Note.

Speaker
I checked the sound quality of this device and Infinix is still lagging behind in terms of sound quality and loudness. But if you are not a new user like me, you should be used to this downside. I think that's a trade mark that can't be changed by Infinix.(No Dolby Sound).

Camera
Unlike the Infinix Zero, I took a picture in the dark on the Hot Note camera and I was stunned as it lighted up brilliantly with auto flashlight.

Memory
The 1gig ram on this device does not do any good in terms of available space, I guess Infinix will look into this and come back with a 2gig version. But on the good side we have a 16gig internal storage which is expandable to 32gig of memory card.

Cpu
Amazing Speed! The octa core processor of 1.4 ghz makes you load pages and applications very fast and let's you play those exciting asphalt 3D games with ease and No Stoppages or Lagging.

In all, I will score the Infinix hot note 7/10! Lol...but that's my own opinion, coz I have seen better.
Phones / Re: 3C HUB Tells You How To Improve Battery Life On Any Mobile Device. by 3CHUB: 11:47am On Feb 09, 2015
Tommysleek:
3CHUB do you have tecno m5 battery in stock. if yes, would i be able to get it from you anywhere around iyana ipaja. thanks

we don't have outlet in iyana ipaja now. You can come to computer village or papa. we have outlet in these two places. Thanks for your inquiry.
Phones / 3C HUB Tells You How To Improve Battery Life On Any Mobile Device. by 3CHUB: 11:21am On Feb 07, 2015
Poor battery life is a problem that affects all mobile users. This guide could help you better understand what is draining your battery.
Despite which kind of mobile device you prefer, battery life tends to be an issue that we all face. Understanding what is draining your smartphone or tablet will help you squeeze the best possible battery life out of your device.

Display brightness

The screens on our mobile devices seem to be getting bigger and more vibrant with each passing year. We now have smartphones, like the LG G3 for example, with incredible 2,560 x 1,440-pixel resolution displays. While these screens are pretty to look at, they are killing our batteries. Unfortunately battery technology hasn't progressed nearly as fast as other sectors of the mobile industry.

Reducing the brightness of your display will help to improve battery life. You should also avoid using automatic brightness settings. This mode utilizes the phone's sensors, which, because they're in use all the time, actually drains your battery more rapidly than adjusting your brightness manually. Auto mode will also sometimes leave your display at a level that is far too bright for your environment.

No service

For cellular-connect devices, having no service can be a real pain. Unless a Wi-Fi network is available, your device becomes fairly useless if it doesn't have the ability to connect to the Internet. You may have also noticed that your battery drains more rapidly when you have an inconsistent signal. This happens because the device is continuously searching for a signal and attempting to communicate with a cell tower.

To conserve your battery, I recommend enabling Airplane mode or connecting to a Wi-Fi network (if available) if you will be in area with no service for an extended period of time.

Streaming video and playing games

As mentioned above, the display draws an incredibly large amount of power. Even more power is required when you are playing a game or streaming a movie. A few minutes of Angry Birds won't kill your device, but streaming an HD movie or playing a high-end video game can cut your battery life (and increase your data usage unless you are connected to a Wi-Fi network) by more than 50 percent.

If you will be away from your charger for a long time and don't have a portable juice pack, understand that battling your friends in the latest Clash of Clans war will see your battery life quickly reach zero.

Background data

To ensure you never miss an email, headline, or an appointment, the apps on your mobile device are constantly pinging a server, satellite, or cell tower. This can sometimes lead to battery drain and even data overages. I recommend setting certain apps to only update and refresh over Wi-Fi, or not at all.

Phones / 3C HUB Tells You How To Save Your Wet Phone Or Tablet by 3CHUB: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2015
Most of the old wives' tales about saving wet phones just don't work. The bag of rice, a sunny window sill, a hair dryer, and the horrid oven method will quickly get you (and your phone) nowhere.

Having suffered through several waterlogged phones and sacrificial experiments, I've found only one unexpected method to be reliable.

If you're lucky enough to be reading this before any mishap, be sure to stock up on the supplies so that you're ready when your phone takes a dive.

Step 1. Without wasting time, turn off your phone. Do this within seconds of the accident -- even before you dry it off with your t-shirt. The goal is to cut the power before any water has a chance to hit the circuitry and short circuit it.

Step 2. Dry the outside of the phone with a lint-free towel, paying close attention to any ports, speakers, and microphones. Disassemble any parts -- like the SIM card and battery -- and dry them, too.

Step 3. Place the device and parts in a zip-top storage bag, along with a handful of silica gel packets. These are desiccants often found in new products (like shoes and bags), along with some grocery items (like beef jerky). They're designed to be very efficient at absorbing moisture.

Collect them as you find them for emergencies like these. Or, you can order silica gel packets online.

Step 4. Wait 72 hours. This is probably the hardest part, but rest assured that you'll be OK, even if you haven't checked Instagram in three days.

Step 5. Power your phone on. Three days have passed, giving the desiccants ample time to absorb the moisture. If you did everything right, your phone should be back in business.

A few important notes
Here's the deal: Much of this method relies on chance and a little luck. The most important part is that you rescued your phone quickly, and that it was powered off before any liquid hit the circuit boards.

Know that even if you were able to revive your phone, there's a chance that any water contact (or worse, chemical- or salt-laden water contact) will corrode the parts over time. So if a year later, your phone begins to die a slow and painful death, you'll know why.

Finally, your warranty is void. All phones have a water indicator that tells the manufacturer it went for a swim.

1 Like

Phones / Get A Free Phone And Airtime From Here ............... by 3CHUB: 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
3C HUB new OTIGBA branch is going to open on 6th-7th NOV. at NO.4 Otigba road,ikeja, lagos.
For online fans, you can get free phone , free airtime by join the contest on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/3C.HUB
For offline customers, you can 100% win free gift by lucky draw, and there are free microwave oven, standing fans, rice cooker, electric jug and more free gifts will give to people who bought phone from 3C HUB.
Just come to NO.4 OTIGBA ROAD,IKEJA,LAGOS and you will be surprised!

1 Like

Phones / Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by 3CHUB: 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
Here is some tools for rooting.
Odin 3
CF-Auto-Rooting

Phones / Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by 3CHUB: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
emmansy:
Should I or should I not root my S5?! undecided

It depends on what you want? If you want get superusers right, and custom your phone. Then you root it. I have a Samsung S5 too, but I want to get more fun from rooting. So root my S5, the price is I lose Samsung Warranty. But I could delete the built-in Samsung Apps and other built-in Apps I don't need, also I could install some Special Apps require SuperUser right. I thinks this is much more interesting to than the Warranty. I could do more with my Samsung S5 after rooting it.
But if you really care about the Warranty and other services from Samsung. I suggested you'd better not root it.
For me, to use my Android device freely is the most important thing!
Phones / Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by 3CHUB: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2014
Slatemsk:
is dat all about rooting

Yes, It's about gaining root access you can modify the device's software on the very deepest level.
Phones / Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by 3CHUB: 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
First, some friends might not know what's the meaning of rooting of the Android Phones. So, let 3C HUB gives you a brief introduction about the meaning of Root.

The definetion of Root.

Root means that device get "SuperUers" rights and permission in your Android OS, to be able to gain ability to install and load custom ROM'S,themes,increase phone performance, able to install some apps require to gain root access.It is the same meaning in iPhone terms of Jailbreaking.

Why it is call rooting?

Root term come from Unix/Linux OS which best to descibe a user has the Superuser rights and permission to all the settings and files to be modify in the OS.

Advantages of root

Install custom ROMS
Install custom themes
Change script settings, kernel etc
Increase performance
Updating baseband
Unlock additional features
Install app to SD
Run unauthorized apps

Disadvantages of Root

Brick of device
Security issue of malicious apps
Void of warranty (eg, Samsung device)
Updates of ROM (eg, will not be able to update to the latest ROM version)

Let's begin debating on whether should to root or not to root? And the reasons ?

Phones / Re: Tecno Phone Users Can Get A Free Accessory From 3C HUB by 3CHUB: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2014
EsanEmmanuel:
Sorry to derail bro.. Would coming over to your shop on tuesday precisely.. How much is a brand new Q5 at your end? Thanx
Thanks for your inquiry. May I have your name? And the new Blackberry Q5 is 32000Naira.
Phones / Re: Samsung S5mini G800H Unpacking Pictures From 3C HUB by 3CHUB: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2014
omotayos01:
How much is it
S5Mini 64000Naira in 3C HUB, S5 83500Naira in 3C HUB.
Phones / Samsung S5mini G800H Unpacking Pictures From 3C HUB by 3CHUB: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
Samsung S5mini is available now in 3C HUB, today we will introduce this new samsung phone to you with unboxing pictures.

Compact design
Super slim at 9.1 mm, the GALAXY S5 mini offers much of the technology of the GALAXY S5 in a conveniently compact design. Enjoy unsurpassed performance with its compact size that makes one-handed use comfortable.

Dust & Water resistant
Dust & Water resistantWith an IP67 certification, the GALAXY S5 mini is resistant to sweat, rain, liquids, sand and dust. So feel free to use your phone in practically any situation.

Ultra Power Saving
Don’t worry about missing important calls any more when your battery is low! Ultra Power Saving Mode changes your screen to black and white and shuts down unnecessary features to dramatically minimise battery use.

Vivid display
The wide 4.5-inch HD Super AMOLED screen delivers a stunning viewing experience. On the vivid HD Super AMOLED display, enjoy content that comes to life with rich and crisp colors.

Security at your fingertips
GALAXY S5 mini comes with a fingerprint sensor embedded in its home key. With the swipe of your finger, you can unlock the phone screen, make PayPal payments(available in 26 countries) or etc.

Your personal fitness tracker
With a built-in heart rate sensor that syncs with the S Health app, the GALAXY S5 mini keeps track of your activity levels. When connected to the Samsung Gear or Gear Fit, you can easily check your fitness data.

Relive your memories
Capture beautiful scenery and special moments with loved ones with the 8MP camera on the GALAXY S5 mini. With your GALAXY S5 mini camera, your special memories will stay alive with its vivid pictures.

Android 4.4 KitKat
GALAXY S5 mini runs Android Kitkat 4.4, the latest Android OS. With Android Kitkat 4.4, experience faster multitasking and the newest functions, including optimising memory management.

Comparison with Samsung S5
S5MINI S5
Operating system: Android 4.4.2(Kitkat)/ Android 4.4.2(Kitkat)
Network: 2G/3G/4G/ 2G/3G/4G
Processor: Quad-core 1.4GHz Cortex-A7/ Quad-core 2.5GHz Krait-400
Display: 4.5"Super AMOLED Capacitive/ 5.0"Super AMOLED Capacitive
Touch Screen(1080*720)/ Touch Screen(1080*1920)
Camera: 8.0MP Rear-Facing Camera/ 16.0MP Rear-Facing Camera
LED FLASHLIGHT/ LED FLASHLIGHT
2.1MP Front-facing Camera/ 2.1MP Front-facing Camera
Memory: 16/32GB ROM+1.5GB RAM/ 16/32GB ROM+2GB RAM
MircroSD up to 64GB/ MicroSD up to 64GB
Battery: 2100mAh/ 2800mAh
Connectivity: WIFI,BLUETOOTH,USB,NFC/ WIFI,BLUETOOTH,USB,NFC
Other features: Fingerpring sensor, Gmail/ Fingerpring sensor, Gmail
Google maps,Air gesture/ Google maps,Air gesture
Smart stay,pause,scroll/ Smart stay,pause,scroll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.