Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand (184214 Views)

Ondo State's Sunshine Travels: 8 Things You Should Know (Photos) / Any One In New Zealand And Living There / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2019
ugsams:

Bro, according to what you posted this is what they said about Perth.

are you transiting through different terminals? If yes, then apply for a transit visa as fast as possible. In fact, I think it's safe to apply for a transit visa whether different terminals or not. Just in case of any irregularities. It should be easy for you since you were in Australia for the same conference few years ago. They will see some consistency in your travel history and shouldn't be difficult to get.

However, if the price difference with other airlines is not much just go for some other one that won't need to transit through Australia.

Here's the cost of air ticket and options

1. Ethiad Lagos -Abu Dhabi- Auckland no need for transit Visa ₦1,400,000
2. Qatar airways Lagos -Doha- Auckland no need for transit ₦1,400,000
3. Emirates Airline Lagos- Dubai- Auckland, no need for transit ₦1,350,000
4. SAA Lagos- JXB- Perth- AKL may need transit ₦817,000

Considering I'm only going for conference and I'm not going to make any money in Auckland, which is the most reasonable option to take as a family who need to spend money on other important things apart from traveling?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
davodyguy:

Considering I'm only going for conference and I'm not going to make any money in Auckland, which is the most reasonable option to take as a family who need to spend money on other important things apart from traveling?

option 4 seems the best or you might consider other options like having a visa to some Asian countries and traveling through there. so 2 different booking. might be cheaper.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
davodyguy:

Option 4 is the best ..... what I pointed out to u is the same option but replacing ‘Perth’ with ‘Hong kong’ ( if u don’t wanna apply for any transit visa) same SAA nothing changes.

SAA have two route to NZ..... one requires transit visa, one doesn’t. I’ve used the Honk kong route before and Honk kong Airport and Airline is one of the best I’ve experienced so far.

Flying through Honk kong might even be cheaper

But expect to see upto 98% Asian on your flight from Honk kong if u choose that route.

https://secure.flightcentre.co.nz/k5QV/results#booking-summary

Cheers
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
femijck:

Option 4 is the best ..... what I pointed out to u is the same option but replacing ‘Perth’ with ‘Hong kong’ ( if u don’t wanna apply for any transit visa) same SAA nothing changes.

SAA have two route to NZ..... one requires transit visa, one doesn’t. I’ve used the Honk kong route before and Honk kong Airport and Airline is one of the best I’ve experienced so far.

But expect to see upto 98% Asian on your flight from Honk kong if u choose that route.

Cheers
Ok thanks.

But I'm also considering the total hours in the air from instance.

Because of my allergies, I can't do more than 11hours without Natural air.

Lagos to JXB is 5:00hrs
Jxb to Perth is 9hr: 30mins
Pert to AKL is 5:30hrs

Overall stop is 16hours in Jxb+ 7hours in Perth. We SAA, we tend to spend 24hours sitting in Airport browsing and watching TV.

The last time we had very long stopover in JXB, we stayed in Aspire lounge in OR Tambo int'l airport.

May God forgive me, those SA ladies are blessed with Big a**. 90% of those in that lounge are women and we paid $66 for the 18hours

Had an encounter with one in the bathroom when I didn't understand how to get hot water and called for assistance.
grin

Anyway, nothing happened but hmmmmmm.

It is well, the devil can't use me. Moreso that they're still vexing for Nigeria, before they gas us us out grin
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2019
Here's a typical reservation done

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by hammed71(m): 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2019
you guys are doing a really good job here, please is it possible for me to get an unskilled or agricultural work visa in newzealand without English tests.please I don't know anything about the new Zealand work visa. please I am not pursuing new Zealand permanent residence, I just want to go and work for one or two years, raise money and move to another country.Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by olioxx(m): 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
davodyguy:
Purpose of travel is to attend 11th ICVPME, in Auckland, this year.
. Pardon my ignorance, but what is ICVPME?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by nkemzzy: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2019
why not try Singapore airline they go through SA to Singapore then to Auckland its way cheaper.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
nkemzzy:
why not try Singapore airline they go through SA to Singapore then to Auckland its way cheaper.

That's another option.

Let me check

2 more people have been granted, we are now 3 (myself +2 others)

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by nkemzzy: 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
wow!!! congrats to them, that is the route i always follow whenever am travelling to Auckland, without a transit visa.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
I've applied for Australia Transit Visa today, waiting for response in 19 days
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
davodyguy:
I've applied for Australia Transit Visa today, waiting for response in 19 days

Good luck with your application, I'm optimistic it will be granted before then
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:35pm On Jul 16, 2019
ugsams:

Good luck with your application, I'm optimistic it will be granted before then
I pray oo.

I actually attached my previous Australian Visa and evidence of visiting Perth and Sydney 2 years ago. I hope they get convinced.

It's even a free service. I was asked not to pay any fees for it
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by hammed71(m): 12:53am On Jul 17, 2019
hammed71:
you guys are doing a really good job here, please is it possible for me to get an unskilled or agricultural work visa in newzealand without English tests.please I don't know anything about the new Zealand work visa. please I am not pursuing new Zealand permanent residence, I just want to go and work for one or two years, raise money and move to another country.Thanks in advance for your response.
please guys how do I go about this
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 2:07am On Jul 17, 2019
Do u have any job offer yet or have u applied for any? I really don’t understand the kind of visa u talking about. But I will presume it’s the Essential work visa or the seasonal supplementary work visa which allows visitors to work for short periods of time due to shortage of workers in the agricultural sector....
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/supplementary-seasonal-employment-sse-work-visa
Can u please clarify or anyone who understands that visa category.

hammed71:
please guys how do I go about this
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 2:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
Passport finally arrived from VFS

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by nkemzzy: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
how many months visa did they give you
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2019
nkemzzy:
how many months visa did they give you

1 month Validity with multiple entry and exit within 30 days
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by bolanle053: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2019
Seniors here please help with this. For fee paying PhD student, do one have to pay the full tuition at the time of visa lodging or it can be paid in installments?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by hammed71(m): 12:55am On Jul 20, 2019
femijck:
Do u have any job offer yet or have u applied for any? I really don’t understand the kind of visa u talking about. But I will presume it’s the Essential work visa or the seasonal supplementary work visa which allows visitors to work for short periods of time due to shortage of workers in the agricultural sector....
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/supplementary-seasonal-employment-sse-work-visa
Can u please clarify or anyone who understands that visa category.

yeah I would like to work temporarily for a short period of time.About the agricultural sector , how can I get employers
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Eddy45: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2019
Hello guys
I have been following this post for a while now.
Pls house what is the route to go to fiji island from Nigeria or Ghana.
I learnt that Singapore requires transit Visa,is it true?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
Eddy45:
Hello guys

What are you going to do in Fiji? Have you been there before? Do you know anyone there?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
ugsams:

What are you going to do in Fiji? Have you been there before? Do you know anyone there?
Honestly, Nigerians are trying in the name of exploration or Hustling.

We get liver pass astronauts sef grin
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
davodyguy:

Honestly, Nigerians are trying in the name of exploration or Hustling.

We get liver pass astronauts sef grin

I've actually been there for holiday with my wife. I asked him the question so as to know whether he is aware of the situation of things over there and be sure he is taking a decision he is sure of and not what one shady agent someone told him.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Eddy45: 3:16am On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=Eddy45 post=80483293]Hello guys
[/quote

Just going there for holidays and you can suggest a nice hotel places to visit etc
Do you know any Nigerian there?]
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Eddy45: 3:20am On Jul 23, 2019
@ugsams
Just going on holiday,feel free to tell me all you know and the route to follow
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 6:52am On Jul 24, 2019
I am extremely very sad this morning. This is not nice at all

Good morning aunty.

They refused Yinka the second time.

You can see this is just wickedness. They repeated the same reasons, despite showing strong employment evidence, with his company writing two separate letters to prove his strong employment and how important he is to them.

He provided his real estate assets, car documents, statement of account, pension documents, his wife's details of employment, with federal government agency as a civil servant, his personal bank account, another fresh Statement of account of the sponsor, with over ₦100 million balance in last 6 months, showed his house rent and every other thing to respond to the two reasons of initial refusal.

This Chinese guy that handled his case still repeated everything they said in the first refusal that

1. He didn't demonstrate strong employment in Nigeria
2. He didn't show he has participated in similar conference before.
3. That's he didn't provide strong financial commitment

What else does these people want?

All these 3 things were said in first refusal letter and he reapplied, then showed stronger Evidences to prove strong employment, with the office written separate letters that he's a senior staff earning ₦8million per annum.

Will I just say I'm lucky or the officer that handled mine has the fear of God or what?

This guy refused another colleague's own too.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ulak(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
Greetings to the elders of this forum, I have been following this post anonymously since December and it’s right time for me to apply for vv ahead my annual Christmas holiday between December/January.
I have all the necessary paperwork for the vv but patiently waiting for availability money in my bank statements to be up to 3m or more from my monthly income.
My only concern is the information below as written on the INZ website;
“Evidence that you are a genuine visitor”
Declined visa applications
If you have ever had a visa application declined by any other country, provide:
a copy of the letter from that country's immigration authority declining your application, or
if the original letter is not available, a letter explaining the reason your application was not successful.

Yes I have a copy of the declined visa application from Italy.

Then two successful visas and travel experience to UAE and Oman.

Is it advisable to attach the declined visa application as instructed and write something about that in my introduction letter or cover letter ?
Please I need good advice now to be able to get everything together and apply first week of September.

Thank you all in advance

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2019
ulak:
Greetings to the elders of this forum, I have been following this post anonymously since December and it’s right time for me to apply for vv ahead my annual Christmas holiday between December/January.
I have all the necessary paperwork for the vv but patiently waiting for availability money in my bank statements to be up to 3m or more from my monthly income.
My only concern is the information below as written on the INZ website;
“Evidence that you are a genuine visitor”
Declined visa applications
If you have ever had a visa application declined by any other country, provide:
a copy of the letter from that country's immigration authority declining your application, or
if the original letter is not available, a letter explaining the reason your application was not successful.

Yes I have a copy of the declined visa application from Italy.

Then two successful visas and travel experience to UAE and Oman.

Is it advisable to attach the declined visa application as instructed and write something about that in my introduction letter or cover letter ?
Please I need good advice now to be able to get everything together and apply first week of September.

Thank you all in advance
Declined visas should be the least of your concern at the moment.

Get all relevant documents in place first and there's a portion that you'll fill in the online application that would cover for the declined visas
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ulak(m): 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
davodyguy:

Declined visas should be the least of your concern at the moment.

Get all relevant documents in place first and there's a portion that you'll fill in the online application that would cover for the declined visas
Thank you davodyguy for the quick response and now I’m less worry about that.
Hopefully to start my online application next month.
I wish you and your group safe trips to Maori lands.
Nevertheless more advice needed in advance please.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Eddy45: 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
Eddy45:
@ugsams
Just going on holiday,feel free to tell me all you know and the route to follow

I've actually been there for holiday with my wife. I asked him the question so as to know whether he is aware of the situation of things over there and be sure he is taking a decision he is sure of and not what one shady agent someone told him.[/quote]

Bro I hail o, please can you tell me the route you took when you went to Fiji island and probably the airline you took.
Any special place to visit and cheep hotel.
Your response will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Jayce01: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hi everyone, please I'd like to ask
BTW New zealand and finland which is a better option? Especially for a student, who's looking to take up part time jobs, maybe one or two while going to school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (54) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.