Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand (184260 Views)

Ondo State's Sunshine Travels: 8 Things You Should Know (Photos) / Any One In New Zealand And Living There / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 12:46am On Sep 01, 2019
femijck:

Ahahah ahahah your comments always crack me up bro
Lol.

Na true na.

It's like when we were applying for Visa and they said we needed to send our PP to Immigration NZL in Pretoria. Imagine if they had said we should bring in person and Dem no come give us Visa.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Just checking my time now.

By this time in couple of days and by God's grace, Auckland should be hosting us already cheesy

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 12:51am On Sep 01, 2019
Really I think I will send u a private mail I need some ‘opa eyin’... but please make sure u declared every single thing in your luggage if u don’t wanna be in trouble or even get slapped with some fines.
And if possible only come with commercially packaged food. U can package and seal it up.

NZ is over protective of their border oo...do u know there’s basically nothing that can harm u in NZ? Not even snake, scorpion or spiders like Australia.
So step ur feet anywhere when u come.
davodyguy:

Lol.

Na true na.

It's like when we were applying for Visa and they said we needed to send our PP to Immigration NZL in Pretoria. Imagine if they had said we should bring in person and Dem no come give us Visa.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Just checking my time now.

By this time in couple of days and by God's grace, Auckland should be hosting us already cheesy
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by suxes2005(m): 5:19am On Sep 01, 2019
femijck:
Really I think I will send u a private mail I need some ‘opa eyin’... but please make sure u declared every single thing in your luggage if u don’t wanna be in trouble or even get slapped with some fines.
And if possible only come with commercially packaged food. U can package and seal it up.

NZ is over protective of their border oo...do u know there’s basically nothing that can harm u in NZ? Not even snake, scorpion or spiders like Australia.
So step ur feet anywhere when I come.

But bills before one gets a job is a friendly harm ���
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 6:44am On Sep 01, 2019
suxes2005:

But bills before one gets a job is a friendly harm ���
lol tell me about it.... But job isn't hard to get
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by suxes2005(m): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2019
femijck:
lol tell me about it.... But job isn't hard to get

Lol.

Uncle Femi, you sure know better !
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:53am On Sep 01, 2019
femijck:

Two years ago, when I went to Sydney, I took Garri and Epa. Wẹ entered Australia through Perth and we cleared custom through Perth and then used Virgin Australia to Sydney. They asked about the Garri and groundnut. O told them it's normal food and did taste it in their presence, then all was well.

I'm not doing any food to Auckland, since I saw that Indomie Noodles is available in Auckland, spaghetti also available.

The only thing I'll be taking is my medications and herbs. I take a mixed juice of Garlic, ginger and Turmeric, already in the bottle as liquid.
Hope this would fly past immigration
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by SAT123(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2019
From the conversations earlier,I think it is better we just enter without any food item..
Hope the ginger mixture can fly?
Also, can one access ginger,lime,garlic and tumeric easily?
Which common Nigeria /African food can one easily buy from the market.

Am working on my Talent Work Visa,I need the info please.

Thanks.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
davodyguy:

Two years ago, when I went to Sydney, I took Garri and Epa. Wẹ entered Australia through Perth and we cleared custom through Perth and then used Virgin Australia to Sydney. They asked about the Garri and groundnut. O told them it's normal food and did taste it in their presence, then all was well.

I'm not doing any food to Auckland, since I saw that Indomie Noodles is available in Auckland, spaghetti also available.

The only thing I'll be taking is my medications and herbs. I take a mixed juice of Garlic, ginger and Turmeric, already in the bottle as liquid.
Hope this would fly past immigration
u probably don’t need all those herbs, they are everywhere here. Just walk into any Chinese or Indian store...I don’t really know any Nigeria store but there are individuals u can buy from. But I know a couple of South African stores.

U can get semolina and our rice from big stores like Pak n save, countdown and fresh choice. Watch out for the rice.... we have several varieties u might like, so look closely before u buy.
Also it’s cheaper to buy frozen veges from those stores than to buy fresh if u don’t mind frozen.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2019
femijck:
u probably don’t need all those herbs, they are everywhere here. Just walk into any Chinese or Indian store...I don’t really know any Nigeria store but there are individuals u can buy from. Also I know a couple of South African stores.

U can get semolina and out rice from big stores like Pak n save, countdown and fresh choice.
Any idea of the prices?

I'll be needing Turmeric powder more.

My issue is the exchange rate.

I can get ₦100 Turmeric that can last a full month, but doubt if I can get Turmeric for $1 (₦250) over there.

Which Ọpa Ẹyìn are you talking about?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
davodyguy:

Any idea of the prices?

I can get ₦100 Turmeric that can last a full month, but doubt if I can get Turmeric for $1 (₦250) over there.

Not sure 100 Naira can buy lolly..u have to pay at least $4-$5
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
davodyguy:

Any idea of the prices?

I don’t know I will ask.... maybe origin bitters or so... I have to ask someone.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2019
femijck:

Not sure 100 Naira can buy lolly..u have to pay at least $4-$5
You see why it's better I get from Nigeria. It would be cheaper for me
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 5:08am On Sep 02, 2019
davodyguy:

You see why it's better I get from Nigeria. It would be cheaper for me
yea it’s cheaper.... just make sure u declare it
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Domale: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2019
I want to visit New Zealand, its nature is incredible. Who can recommend good places and hotels? I always plan all my trips in advance, so any kind of info is needed. By the way, in order to plan a perfect trip, I use helpful sites https://travelsites.com/trip-planner/
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2019
Domale:
I want to visit New Zealand, its nature is incredible. Who can recommend good places and hotels? I always plan all my trips in advance, so any kind of info is needed. By the way, in order to plan a perfect trip, I use helpful sites https://travelsites.com/trip-planner/

Are you here to advertise the site or asking a question/request?

Domale's Profile
Nairaland Forum / Domale's Profile

(Follow This Member)
Send E-Mail Message To Domale

Time registered: August 31, 2019

Time spent online: 6 minutes & 50 seconds

View Domale's posts (2)

Domale:
Who watches the largest CS:GO championship? I always watch the major tournaments, shortly speaking, I am a big fan of esports and recently came across a good information portal, which provides all the latest news about the esports world, so highly recommend https://egamersworld.com/counterstrike/event/starladder-berlin-major-2019-VkAD5cQHI
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2019
one of the reasons why Emirates comes first for me. Instead of watching movies and movies that are already pre recorded, watch Live TV

Catch all the aces and serves of the 2019 US Open Tennis Championships in the skies! � Watch the action live on Emirates’ award-winning ice inflight entertainment system onboard over 175 aircraft with ice TV Live
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Firewall02: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2019
@Femi kindly assist, I'm assessing my eligibility for New Zealand Skilled Worker Category using the Points Indicator for Skilled Migrant Expression of Interest Your thought please. I sent you a PM.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
femijck:
you can buy skinny sim from any local tech shop around ur hotel. Pop it in and $16 sub will give u 200 min, 200 text and 1.25G valid for 30 days(must be 4G phone though).
U can always use a visitor pass at any Auckland library where there is free wifi and free computers to use. Major train station have wifi so u won’t really need a lot of data.

For cloths and stuff .... there’s a mall not far from your venue (Westfield in St Luke’s ) and another one in New markets. Also if u would like to look at cars, most of their outlets are in New Market not far from your venue.... u can shop around.... Kmart and Thewarehouse are probably the cheapest

where is this located?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/114993403/crowds-gather-for-kmarts-first-24-hour-nz-store-at-sylvia-park
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 4:33am On Sep 04, 2019
davodyguy:

where is this located?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/114993403/crowds-gather-for-kmarts-first-24-hour-nz-store-at-sylvia-park
Auckland.... about 10-15 minute drive from where u gonna be staying... but there’s same Kmart in St. Luke’s mall just less than 5 minutes to u....the one u copied Is just the new 24/7 branch.

Sells home ware and clothings
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
femijck:
Auckland.... about 10-15 minute drive from where u gonna be staying... but there’s same Kmart in St. Luke’s mall just less than 5 minutes to u....the one u copied Is just the new 24/7 branch.

Sells home ware and clothings
I'll like the 24/7
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
So glad I jettisoned SAA for Emirates.

Anxiety may have affected me if I was using them.

Nobody from Nigeria should use SAA until they apologize

Emirates just sent me reminder now

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ulak(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2019
davodyguy:

Declined visas should be the least of your concern at the moment.

Get all relevant documents in place first and there's a portion that you'll fill in the online application that would cover for the declined visas

@davodyguy and femijck
I have all the relevant documents in place now and I was able to save up 2.1m from my six monthly salary income and will print that out first thing on Monday to submit my application. Just want to know if this amount is good enough to backup my application for a tourist visa?
Thanks in advance for your response
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
We are 3 hours away from landing in Auckland.
One of the advantages of using Emirates is the internet facilities available.

Was able to video call my wife and son from 33,000 FT above sea level a d presently approaching Sydney, enroute to Auckland.

Nairaland time is showing Saturday, 07 September 2019 at 07:35 PM
But local time here is Sunday 08 September, 2019 04:35am

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2019
ulak:

@davodyguy and femijck
I have all the relevant documents in place now and I was able to save up 2.1m from my six monthly salary income and will print that out first thing on Monday to submit my application. Just want to know if this amount is good enough to backup my application for a tourist visa?
Thanks in advance for your response

Nobody knows how much is enough when applying for a tourist visa but I believe there’s an amount required for your living expenses stated on the immigration website.
However, the answer will depend on how much socio-economy ties to your homeland you have provided.....but if you’re not in a hurry, why not try build it up to around 3M+ or 4M+.
Because if you’re applying for a 2 weeks or 3 weeks tourist visa, then it means you are directly or indirectly telling immigration that you are going to exhaust your account balance on that trip.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2019
Breakfast served.

1:10m to landing in Auckland.
Local time now is 08:35am, Sunday 08 September, 2019

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 10:25pm On Sep 07, 2019
davodyguy:
Breakfast served.

1:10m to landing in Auckland.
Local time now is 08:35am, Sunday 08 September, 2019
well , now that u are closer to God than all of us in this world, enjoy you moment while it last ...... because few hours to this time, u are back to the same hustle world you left and we are the same. .. LoL

Did u by chance get that stuff?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
femijck:
well , now that u are closer to God than all of us in this world, enjoy you moment while it last ...... because few hours to this time, u are back to the same hustle world you left and we are the same. .. LoL

Did u by chance get that stuff?
I did but was unable to put in the bag.

We had a nasty experience at the Lagos airport.

It's so painful.

Will explain to you.

We are landing now.

All glory to God for safety
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2019
davodyguy:

It's so painful.

Will explain to you.

We are landing now.

No worries ....... Naija airport is always a disaster
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 5:59am On Sep 08, 2019
davodyguy:

It's so painful.

Will explain to you.

We are landing now.

Welcome! Hope you have a brilliant stay in Auckland! If you're still here by next weekend, I'll host you for semo and okra soup!
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2019
femijck:

No worries ....... Naija airport is always a disaster
Chief, you didn't tell me this is how your people are oo cry

In the plane, we filled a form/card stating everything we had.

I faced the immigration and explained to them that I had bitter kola and one other 'àgbò' (As I couldn't get the Oríkì yìí asked for that is branded. Had to buy an unbranded one pet bottle on my way to the airport)

They siezed the bitter kola and the àgbò. They trashed it in my presence and then sent me to customs. At first I was scared, but was warned that NZL prohibit certain things.

I felt sad. They said if I didn't declare, I would have lost the items still and also paid a fine of $400 NZL.

embarassed
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
Ticha:

Welcome! Hope you have a brilliant stay in Auckland! If you're still here by next weekend, I'll host you for semo and okra soup!

Your country too 'hilly'

We came to our place of abode around 11:30am.
Dropped our bags then started from Wakefield to Countdown, bought few items, (cos I prefer to cook than eating other country's food) then went to Thewarehouse for select items. That was when trouble started. We had to go up hill back to our apartment. Wow, the topography here is something else.

Kilodè? shocked

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
femijck:
And if possible only come with commercially packaged food.
U can package and seal it up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (54) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.