Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,079 members, 7,863,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (63577 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 22, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 12:04am On Apr 22, 2010
@Duduspace
You are just beefing Theo mayne! So it is Diaby that brings peace and joy to the hearts of Gunners around the world? I laugh in Papieluwe. Our style doesn't suit him? More like he brings something different! That burst of pace lacking on the flanks, its not a coincidence that the trophies have migrated since we jettisoned our swift counter attacking style that made us so ruthless in the past with wingers like Overmars,Pires,Ljungberg,Wiltord and none of these wingers where as good as Theo at 20 or 21. I can also tell you Diaby is as indecisive as Theo, a ball hog and very slow to react and can just be plain lazy. Theo is class whether you like it or not
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by bgees(m): 12:11am On Apr 22, 2010
arkinses:

cheesy grin cheesy
Gunners just dey vex anyhow!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 12:27am On Apr 22, 2010
debosky:

Ol boy your summation is WRONG - in the three seasons 4 seasons preceding Wenger coming in, we only finished out of the top 5 ONCE. That is NOT mid table.

you are now talking of top 5 in 4 years, you don dey change the period under review? and when exactly did top 4 become top 5?  do you realise we have been top 4 for 14 years and top 2 for 9 years, Debo stop defending the indefensible. Okay, if I back down from the mid-table comment and accept that we were in the top 7, even the blind swordsman can see significant improvement under Arsene I beg and that is the whole point of this present discussion (in case we've gotten distracted).

debosky:

In the 14 years pre-Wenger, two league titles, a cup winners cup, league cups and so on CANNOT be regarded as a mid table team performance, if not then the likes of Fulham who are mid table right now should've won at least 5 trophies (including One European cup) in the last 14 years.

Tell me what mid-table teams like Fulham, Stoke City and Birmingham have won in the past 14 years?? Come off it - you should be able to admit when you are wrong.

You're still forcing this issue Debo, haba your gooner son will be ashamed of you if he reads this archive in the future. Mid-table designation has to do with League position and nothing to do with silverware.

2 out of those clubs you mention have only recently become PL regulars, the true mid-table clubs like Spurs and Pompey have won cups in recent years. But how exactly could they have won the league with Manure and Chelsea's heavy spending they also can't win the Winner's cup because its now been merged with the Old UEFA cup which now has more quality clubs who have runner up positions in their leagues.

In a cup competition, yu can come unstuck on a day or get decisions going against you and getting knocked out but those decisions are supposed to even themselves out through the season (at least that is what we are told only it doesnt seem to work that way for manure).

Pompey is not even mid-table and they won the FA cup in 2008, (mind you they might win it again this year and go into relegation), Tottenham is also mid table and won the Carling cup recently). Everton won it while Amokachi was there and went into relegation.

debosky:

I am not saying we have not improved, but saying we were mid table before he came is at best mendacious and at worst an outright distortion of history in an attempt to over egg what Wenger has done.

While he's done ok, it is not a performance, especially in the past 5 years, to warrant anything less than the harsh scrutiny he is getting now.

Okay, I'll take back the mid-table statement, top 10 club should be a healthy compromise (even though we were 12 just 3 seasons before Arsene's arrival). And I'll accept your grudging OK as a fair enough compromise which I believe will become "excellent" when we return to winning ways which should be very soon.

debosky:

If anyone is giving Sharon ammo it is you - next season you will extend your range to 15 years and probably claim Wenger is still the best thing to happen to the club since it changed its name to The Arsenal, and so on and so on to justify Wenger's continued failing.

And don't kid yourself - that is EXACTLY what we will continue seeing - mediocre results for a club this size and wealth while continuously selling a future that will never come.
Farabale Debo, the future is almost here, honestly I wish I could make you see what I see and share my optimism. To be honest, I've never been as bitter as you are now about the way things are but in the reality of the present day PL, all things considered I don't think anyone would be patient or even good enough to do what Arsene has done, of course he got the opportunity to do it due to his past success but I don't even want to think what would have happened to this club if we didn't have that calming influence and committed person with the reputation to do it.

And you definitely are giving DK and Sauron ammo because you and I know Arsene is going to be there anyway till the end of next season anyway, if you start off with all these negativity even before pre-season, how exactly can you enjoy your club's season? can we make an arrangement to meet up during the emirates cup? make we yarn with my crew, honestly the vibe here is that the club is now on the cusp of something huge that will at least shut Sauron up for good.

debosky:

Oh one more thing, Arsene has caused Arsenal's longest trophy drought of 20 years - I'm sure that puts paid to any weak arguments that you can come up with to claim his performance for the club clearly being the best thing we've seen since sliced moin moin.
not surprising, when in the last 5 years we've been trophyless, of the 15 trophies available, Manure and Chelsea have between them won 12, leaving only 3(a carling cup and an FA cup) for the rest of the PL to fight over, you should see that as being very unusual. Money talks my brother, its unfortunate we've been the poor cousin with tattered clothes but that is about to change very soon cos each year is a positive for our youth policy. Someone gave me an interesting statistic today, in the PL years which I've not confirmed but its implications could be mind boggling.

[Quote]
- In the Premier league era, Arsenals net spend per season on transfers is £1.5m that compares to Chelsea, Manure, Spurs and Pool who have spent average of £20m - £30m per season. Aston Villa, Newcastle and Everton are in the £10m - £20m per season bracket.
[/quote]
I know Arsenal's figures can't be far from the truth (cos in the post emirates move era, our net spend has been -9) and probably Manure and Chelsea's but I can't vouch for the other clubs, and like Sauron says, that is only half of the picture cos we do pay competitive comparative to Manure, but if you were on the board or the owner of the club, would you have any statistical reason to fire this man
The days of financial doping are numbered and I expect to see some more sanity in this transfer window particularly after the latest Galactico project's hiccups and the fact that Manure already seems to be doing most of their business before summer.
We might just be the best positioned to reap the rewards, keep the faith even if only its because you can't get rid of Arsene.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 12:47am On Apr 22, 2010
Abg make una nor give me ammo to yab you next year o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 1:01am On Apr 22, 2010
A-40:

@Biolabee
O le nu bi ATM Machine! We need a legit winger and not a Rozzy or Nasri that would keep drifting central or would be unable to swap wings with Theo! Someone to provide penetration and force opposing players to make mistakes just look at Bayern vs Lyon, Ribery was sent off but you wouldn't notice his absence cos Robben was there. I am weary of these 1Terabyte worth of passes we make in front of our opponents boxes when a bit of trickery woulda unlocked the D

This one na true word and also must be sorted out before next season, of a truth we pass too much. We can take a cue from Manure here, my only fear for Manure is that all their good passers are getting old and none of their upcoming ones is any good at it. (the best passers in Manure's team are still Scholes, Giggs and Carrick then maybe Hargo only problem is that those old men have still got game), if they are not careful, they will do a liverpool next season.

A-40:

@Duduspace
Haba! How much Wenger dey pay you sef? Since when did a team that finished io mid table range 3 times out of 14 become a mid table team. Good grief na who be your Statistics teacher?

I'm sorry my statistics could be a bit skewed but isn't 10 the halfway point between 1 and 20? and isn't mid table defined as any club halfway in both directions? i.e + or -5 (i.e from about 6  to 14)? I've also taken cognisance of Sauron's point about it being a 22 team table despite his dodgy maths.
I do agree that upper mid-table would be more apt to describe Arsenal's position then but it was definitely not anywhere near top 4 or top 2 but top 6 or 7 perhaps after a long stretch?
If only Arsene was paying me some dough, I would have sent hired assasins after some people for their dissing me on this forum, I'm not sure where you would have been on the list. una wan turn me to martyr when my first name no be Stephen. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 1:08am On Apr 22, 2010
@Folly

wetin happen? where you don dey, hope say yu self don vex finish as you no even talk. It is now safe to come in as we are mending fences, if I bend further backwards any further for Debo, DK will definitely accuse us of being gay.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by biolabee(m): 1:22am On Apr 22, 2010
A-40:

@Biolabee
O le nu bi ATM Machine!
cool cool cool cool cool

I agree we need a left winger who can bring a second dimension to our game if we find it tough against some kninds of opposition

Inn addition to the pass pass pass which is too much even Sagna dey complain,, I have some other things we need to change

1. Poor defending against set pieces

2. We need to have a reliable free kick taker. van P shd step up and calibrate his FKs just like CR7 used to do, he takes one its a miss the next one is a goal.I feel the club and manager look down on such freekicks which can be easy goals for us

3. We need to be more incisive and get into the box more often. A team with the amount of possession we have should be having morepenalties remember aa23 against stoke

4. We need to be more ruthless and that from the get go. I get the feeling we take things easy and start piling pressure by 20 mins. I think the earliest gol within 10 mins was against westham and that was a shot by denilson

Gooner!!!!!!! where are you grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2010
Dudu

I am not forcing any issue - Pompey have won only 1 cup in the past 15 years - that is not the same as winning 5, ditto for Spurs. There is little you can use to defend that claim.

And in reference to your comment, league position CANNOT be the sole determinant of a club's position in the hierarchy of things - cups matter because it means, in that particular tournament you are the BEST. Regardless of what can happen 'on the day', it still proves you are the best in that tournament, so kindly stop excusing the failure to win anything on the altar of coming 4th.

If you average out our league position, we were probably top 7 (in a league of 22) before Wenger came, still winning cups but have now become top 4 with no cups in the past 5 years. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you.

I value what Wenger has done, but it is tantamount to building a fantastic house but failing to put a roof on it - no matter how excellent the building is, without a roof, it is still not complete and cannot be complete even if you change the bricks that make up the walls year after year. The roof is what is needed to complete the house and without that, you are wasting time and may eventually destroy the whole building.

There is nothing 'unusual' about two teams fighting for majority of the cups - that is what happened when Wenger and Fergie were the two dominant forces, so why should it be 'unusual' now simply because Wenger isn't there?

One more thing, this 'net spend' argument is simply distorting facts. It does not mean we have NOT spent, we have only managed to sell on players for muchmore than we bought them. It DOES NOT MEAN that we only buy players worth £1.5m per season as that is not true.

Ade cost at least £7m - the fact that we sold him for more does not mean we didn't spend £7m to get a player in our squad that year. While we are eager to make profits from transfers, others are making profits from winning trophies and endorsements. The end result is that Utd still end up making more PROFIT at the end of the day than we do, despite our allegedly frugal spending.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 8:07am On Apr 22, 2010
A-40:

@Slimshay
Trying? Are you high on Alomo Bitters? Abi na kpelebe you drink. How many players get sold for 80mil or why u dey quote one-off scenario. We made 40mil off Ade & Toure and bought just Verma for 10mil so what do you mean by try is it taking an entire transfer window to buy a player or bidding at 23:59 on transfer deadline day or buying kpanda like Fabianski and Silvestre omo lockup. Afterall we are always told there is an imaginary '40m' budget somewhere at the start of any season. By the way its hard to get 4 quality players for less than 45 but offloading a few wastemen would raise at least 10-15mil. Such injection of quality could win us a UCL and EPL double a feat that could earn us over 80mil combined why don't you lot seem to realize that

AK-40-7 abeg go back to my post at 5.22pm, the response was to the highlighted portion of your post. The need to find quality while having limited funds to spare. However maybe we truly should have gotten rid of a few waste men in january and then have Tom Cruise play in central defence after injury did his bit between then and now.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
debosky:

Dudu

I am not forcing any issue - Pompey have won only 1 cup in the past 15 years - that is not the same as winning 5, ditto for Spurs. There is little you can use to defend that claim.
And in reference to your comment, league position CANNOT be the sole determinant of a club's position in the hierarchy of things - cups matter because it means, in that particular tournament you are the BEST. Regardless of what can happen 'on the day', it still proves you are the best in that tournament, so kindly stop excusing the failure to win anything on the altar of coming 4th.
I have not said cups don't matter, I've only said they don't matter in table based rankings, there is a difference between the two. I have never excused failures to win cups on the fact that we've kept in the top 4, I have only said that our trophy drought owes largely to the fact that we are not investing as much as the likes of Manure and Chelsea into our playing personel despite competing in the same leagues as they are, winning a trophy in such an environment will definitely be an exception and not the norm.
Like I said previously everything in life can be over simplified when you make simple statements it is akin to someone making a statement like "All whites are racist" which even though often true is never always true, you have to build up a picture first and then draw conclusions. My point all the while has been that Arsene has made this club better than he met it, I do believe that fact is not in dispute and should not even  be in the present.
There is a very good reason the board want him to stay on and he is even the one dragging his feet on a new contract.

debosky:

If you average out our league position, we were probably top 7 (in a league of 22) before Wenger came, still winning cups but have now become top 4 with no cups in the past 5 years. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you.

I definitely see the difference and the obvious question is why the difference? I think it should pique one's curiosity why a man  who won so much when he first arrived should suddenly have such a drought while in the interim he grows the club financially and develops other structures the club didn't have. In all fairness, do you think the likes of spurs, villa and co weren't winning domestic cups at this time? even blackburn within this period won the premiership so it should be obvious by how much the financial magomago by Abramovic and Manure has distorted the landscape.

Now chew on this again, while Arsenal was at highbury, it was valued at 300m GBP, at the last valuation it was worth 767m GBP (3rd behind only Manure and Madrid in the whole world), at that point in time in England, we were behind Manure, Newcastle, Liverpool and at par with Spurs. We didn't have London Colney (a world class training center where the England team trains), the Emirates or an academy of any note. Do people think these things grow on trees? mind you none of all these clubs I've mentioned have done anything tangible in terms of real estate during this period and yet, we've maintained our top 4 status despite all these.

Abeg gripe all you want about our trophyless status, it is a right but also remember to give credit where it is due and don't distort history.

debosky:

I value what Wenger has done, but it is tantamount to building a fantastic house but failing to put a roof on it - no matter how excellent the building is, without a roof, it is still not complete and cannot be complete even if you change the bricks that make up the walls year after year. The roof is what is needed to complete the house and without that, you are wasting time and may eventually destroy the whole building.

The roof will come, and nothing can destroy these structures that are in place, even the media is now waking up to that reality that Arsenal has surpassed all their expectations. I expect us to start winning (and consistently too) within the next 2 years, but that is my estimate the club hierarchy will never come out to confirm anything and besides what purpose would it serve than to make the players relax that nothing is expected of them next season. It is good to demand always more from the players as that is the only way to motivate them to become winners.

debosky:

There is nothing 'unusual' about two teams fighting for majority of the cups - that is what happened when Wenger and Fergie were the two dominant forces, so why should it be 'unusual' now simply because Wenger isn't there?
It is not unusual if it happens by chance but it is now so skewed and obviously distorted by unsustainable spending that the football authorities can now see the potential dangers or why do you think the recent buzz has been about financial controls?

debosky:

One more thing, this 'net spend' argument is simply distorting facts. It does not mean we have NOT spent, we have only managed to sell on players for muchmore than we bought them. It DOES NOT MEAN that we only buy players worth £1.5m per season as that is not true.

The issue is that on the whole, we have not spent as much as the others and most of the savings have gone into building up the club (as the shareholders have not been declaring any dividend), you've got to crawl before you fly and you don't grow the value of a club by over a 100% over a 14 year period without paying for it in some way either by a benefactor injecting funds (which we don't have) or otherwise. If 5 seasons of trophylessness is what we have to pay, then so be it.  All things considered, Wenger has done very well for this club.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
duduspace:

I definitely see the difference and the obvious question is why the difference? I think it should pique one's curiosity why a man  who won so much when he first arrived should suddenly have such a drought while in the interim he grows the club financially and develops other structures the club didn't have. In all fairness, do you think the likes of spurs, villa and co weren't winning domestic cups at this time? even blackburn within this period won the premiership so it should be obvious by how much the financial magomago by Abramovic and Manure has distorted the landscape.

Arsenal have become an INVESTMENT BANK.
Putting the cart before the horse - Arsenal are a football club first n foremost, every other thing should come after that.
Wenger can make $20 billion income for all i care but if he fails to win titles, he will be adjudged a FAILURE.

Besides that, the money he is saving for the club is nothing near what United make as income and United keep winning titles.
In other words, Wenger has failed in both ends. He cannot win titles like SAF and he doesn't make as much as SAF.
Even the whole Youth Policy is nonsense. The best kids in England are in Carrington not in London.

Now chew on this again, while Arsenal was at highbury, it was valued at 300m GBP, at the last valuation it was worth 767m GBP (3rd behind only Manure and Madrid in the whole world), at that point in time in England, we were behind Manure, Newcastle, Liverpool and at par with Spurs. We didn't have London Colney (a world class training center where the England team trains), the Emirates or an academy of any note. Do people think these things grow on trees? mind you none of all these clubs I've mentioned have done anything tangible in terms of real estate during this period and yet, we've maintained our top 4 status despite all these.

This is embarrassing!!!
United have not done real estate and yet they make more income than Arsenal who invested in some rubbish flats.
On top of that, United still continue to reign supreme off and on the pitch.

Abeg gripe all you want about our trophyless status, it is a right but also remember to give credit where it is due and don't distort history.

Give credits to a useless manager?

The roof will come, and nothing can destroy these structures that are in place, even the media is now waking up to that reality that Arsenal has surpassed all their expectations. I expect us to start winning (and consistently too) within the next 2 years.
It is not unusual if it happens by chance but it is now so skewed and obviously distorted by unsustainable spending that the football authorities can now see the potential dangers or why do you think the recent buzz has been about financial controls?

Start winning in the next 2 years? grin grin grin grin grin
I heard the same trumpery in 2006. Heard it in 2007 and also in 2008.
If Wenger does not change, his trophyless run will persist.

The issue is that on the whole, we have not spent as much as the others and most of the savings have gone into building up the club (as the shareholders have not been declaring any dividend), you've got to crawl before you fly and you don't grow the value of a club by over a 100% over a 14 year period without paying for it in some way either by a benefactor injecting funds (which we don't have) or otherwise. If 5 seasons of trophylessness is what we have to pay, then so be it. All things considered, Wenger has done very well for this club.

What did Man Utd pay to grow the value of their club?
Did they wait 5 years in the Premiership era to get things right?

Looking at the Forbes report this morning. Arsenal are the 3rd richest football club in the world.
The operating income is $102 million and the revenue is $369 million and yet they cannot win a single trophy in the past half a decade.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Slimshay
Abeg go chase aeroplane jare. How much did Birmingham's defence including their GK cost despite the fact that they've outperformed ours! How much did Danny Collins,Richard Dunne,Friedel or Bassong cost? None of these players cost a fortune and with the number of competitions we feature in everyone would get playing time! Even a Tom Cruise led defence with Nikki Minaj and her phat a$$ and Cossy with her big tetas in goal would not concede 3 goals in the last 10mins to Wigan. So when i say get rid of certain players i dunno they would require replacements abi? Ol boi you are stressed go and smoke Igbo!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by DrKitaun(m): 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dudu

u are an agbaya of no origin, save us this AW knows BS, A40 is ur son's agemate yet he knows AW has been acting senile!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
wenGAY has not been acting senile, He is senile
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Arsenal have become an INVESTMENT BANK.
Putting the cart before the horse - Arsenal are a football club first n foremost, every other thing should come after that.
Wenger can make $20 billion income for all i care but if he fails to win titles, he will be adjudged a FAILURE.
Besides that, the money he is saving for the club is nothing near what[b] United make as income and United keep winning titles.[/b]

And also keep piling on debt, you better go and clear your debts before Platini throws you out of Europe.  grin grin  grin

~Sauron~:

In other words, Wenger has failed in both ends. He cannot win titles like SAF and he doesn't make as much as SAF.
Even the whole Youth Policy is nonsense. The best kids in England are in Carrington not in London.
And what Youth competitions have they won recently? in the past 2/3 years I mean so don't tell me what Scholes and Becks did. How many do you have out on loan in the PL? in the Championship nko? okay, how about league 1 self? in Bundesliga?

~Sauron~:

What did Man Utd pay to grow the value of their club?
Did they wait 5 years in the Premiership era to get things right?
Manure always had a more successful history than Arsenal, to dispute that is to descend into lunacy. Fergie had been at the helm since when again?
At the time the Glazers bought Manure they were valued at approx £800m-£1bn, and are still only worth £1.1 bn now….
that is at the most a growth in the 30% rate, just compare that to effectively doubling the value of the club as Arsenal have done?
and all without taking on debt of such magnitude as Manure.(You've even had to cede Carrington to your parent company) while we smile to the bank and pay our debts off.
I have told you our time is very near, I know yu're peeing your pants already and you should be.

~Sauron~:

Looking at the Forbes report this morning. Arsenal are the 3rd richest football club in the world.
The operating income is $102 million and the revenue is $369 million and yet they cannot win a single trophy in the past half a decade.
Look at where we are coming from and where we're at, without taking on debt, Manure should be ashamed of themselves. The Glazers will ruin y'all as they've given you the Greek gift of your trophy laden years. Enjoy it while it lasts, it wont be for much longer.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Dudu

u are an agbaya of no origin, save us this AW knows BS, A40 is your son's agemate yet he knows AW has been acting senile!

Agbaya ke? I can still almost count the number of hairs in my pubes but I'm sure yours is already 80% grey. Dokita, e nle beun, hope you can still lift up your stethoscope and your package down below?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
duduspace:

Agbaya ke? I can still almost count the number of hairs in my pubes but I'm sure yours is already 80% grey. Dokita, e nle beun, hope you can still lift up your stethoscope and your package down below?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by bgees(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2010
gayner on gayner crime. STOP THE VIOLENCE!!! sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2010
duduspace:

And also keep piling on debt, you better go and clear your debts before Platini throws you out of Europe.  grin grin  grin

Europe will not survive WITHOUT Man Utd - There i said it.
Platini was on his knees begging when the BIG 8 clubs were thinking of forming their own super-league and break out of UEFA competitions.
United got eliminated out of the CL and UEFA are already complaining about low turn-outs.
U don't become the richest club in the world

And what Youth competitions have they won recently? in the past 2/3 years I mean so don't tell me what Scholes and Becks did. How many do you have out on loan in the PL? in the Championship nko? okay, how about league 1 self? in Bundesliga?

Mumu. . . . . . .The reserves just won the league yesterday and you are asking what achievement they have copped in 2/3 years.
How did Arsenal fare in the CWC tournament in Malaysia in 2007? Your kids did not even qualify from their group while United kids won it.
When was the last time Arsenal kids won the Southern Reserve League?

Manure always had a more successful history than Arsenal, to dispute that is to descend into lunacy. Fergie had been at the helm since when again?
At the time the Glazers bought Manure they were valued at approx £800m-£1bn, and are still only worth £1.1 bn now….

Get your facts right.
The Glazers bought United for 700 million pounds. . . . .until the fall of pounds during the recession, the club was worth $1.8 billion.

that is at the most a growth in the 30% rate, just compare that to effectively doubling the value of the club as Arsenal have done?
and all without taking on debt of such magnitude as Manure.(You've even had to cede Carrington to your parent company) while we smile to the bank and pay our debts off.

Pay which debts?
According to Forbes, your debt/value ratio is 41%.
With Arsenal valued at $1.1 billion, use your church mind to work out the value of your debt

Talking about ceding Carrington to our parent company, you have ceded your own stadium to FLY EMIRATES.
Why is your stadium called Emirates stadium if you have any sense at all?
At best, it should be known as Arsenal FC stadium if Wenger is really sacrificing trophies to preserve the finances of Arsenal FC. grin grin grin

I have told you our time is very near, I know yu're peeing your pants already and you should be.
Look at where we are coming from and where we're at, without taking on debt, Manure should be ashamed of themselves. The Glazers will ruin y'all as they've given you the Greek gift of your trophy laden years. Enjoy it while it lasts, it wont be for much longer.

United won trophies before the Glazers and they continue to win trophies after the Glazers.
No excuses about developing this or grooming youths.
Arsenal are short of their expectations as far as trophies are concerned, and they are useless as far as finances are concerned.

Y'all are better off at Highbury than moving to the Emirates where the only guaranteed trophy is the Emirates cup/Amsterdam tournament. grin grin

Dr Kitaun:

Dudu
u are an agbaya of no origin, save us this AW knows BS, A40 is your son's agemate yet he knows AW has been acting senile!

Agbaya ke?
Duduspace is only 55.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2010
FL Gators:

grin grin grin grin grin
My Iyawo wetin you dey find for hia? undecided tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Europe will not survive WITHOUT Man Utd - There i said it.
Platini was on his knees begging when the BIG 8 clubs were thinking of forming their own super-league and break out of UEFA competitions.
United got eliminated out of the CL and UEFA are already complaining about low turn-outs.
U don't become the richest club in the world
Alright, dey there dey console yourself, if you don't clear your debts by 2012 or get a money miss road man like Abramovic to buy you and write off your debts, we shall see when the new financial regulations kick in, the clock is ticking.

~Sauron~:

Mumu. . . . . . .The reserves just won the league yesterday and you are asking what achievement they have copped in 2/3 years.
How did Arsenal fare in the CWC tournament in Malaysia in 2007? Your kids did not even qualify from their group while United kids won it.
When was the last time Arsenal kids won the Southern Reserve League?
Wetin concern me with what your Reserves have done when the likes of Hargreaves have made appearances there recently? FYI we've been playing basically our academy league squad in the Reserve league south (we have 15 players out on loan in the league who could have been in that squad).
I'm talking about the academy league, I hope you lot win your league so that we can meet in the playoffs and let our lads teach yours how to tap, but that is if Liverpool and Blackburn don't do us the favours first, we've already won ours with 3 games to spare.

~Sauron~:

Get your facts right.
The Glazers bought United for 700 million pounds. . . . .until the fall of pounds during the recession, the club was worth $1.8 billion.

The amount you pay to buy the club is very different from the value of the club as the Glazers already held stake in the club not less than 30% before they could even initiate a take over at all. Doing some simple maths, if they already held 30% before initiating a takeover and they paid 700m GBP to buy it then that means the club at that time was already worth 1,000m. GBP.

~Sauron~:

Pay which debts?
According to Forbes, your debt/value ratio is 41%.
With Arsenal valued at $1.1 billion, use your church mind to work out the value of your debt
Did you read the footnotes saying that stadium debt was included where applicable? on the same page your debt/value was given as 46% and you didn't build anything. Besides that was as at the end of 2009 season, we have subsequently reduced that debt by about 60% since so we should be on a debt/value ratio in the 15 to 25% range now and the only reason we won't wipe it all off in the next 2 years is because we gain nothing by doing so. But we all know your debts have not reduced one bit. Very soon yu'll be struggling to pay the interests particularly if Chelsea pips you to the PL this season.

~Sauron~:

Talking about ceding Carrington to our parent company, you have ceded your own stadium to FLY EMIRATES.
Why is your stadium called Emirates stadium if you have any sense at all?
At best, it should be known as Arsenal FC stadium if Wenger is really sacrificing trophies to preserve the finances of Arsenal FC. grin grin grin
So naming rights now equates to ownership?  undecided Go and get help Sauron, you astonish me atimes.

~Sauron~:

United won trophies before the Glazers and they continue to win trophies after the Glazers.
No excuses about developing this or grooming youths.
Arsenal are short of their expectations as far as trophies are concerned, and they are useless as far as finances are concerned.
Y'all are better off at Highbury than moving to the Emirates where the only guaranteed trophy is the Emirates cup/Amsterdam tournament. grin grin
But a lot of excuses about the source of your debt profile.  undecided

~Sauron~:

Agbaya ke?
Duduspace is only 55.
Sauron, be careful o don't let me spill the beans about that Grandson yu've been claiming is your nephew.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

My Iyawo wetin you dey find for hia? undecided tongue

What do you expect, who no go like better club? when our lads play, women get the hibby jibbies.  Don't be surprised when your woman start calling our players' names during your love making sessions. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by biolabee(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2010

@Sauron read well 1.1 billion pounds or 1.8 billion dollars
U need wipes tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

@dudu
we appreciate the financial picture but it still does not exceuse our poor defending, proneness to injury, loss of concentration in some games, not utilising set pieces, etc

the truth is this only one team can win the title so even if we spend 300m usd at once it may not mean squat(real?) but at least let the ethos of the team be better, get better squad players ,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2010
A-40:

@Slimshay
Abeg go chase aeroplane jare. How much did Birmingham's defence including their GK cost despite the fact that they've outperformed ours! How much did Danny Collins,Richard Dunne,Friedel or Bassong cost? None of these players cost a fortune and with the number of competitions we feature in everyone would get playing time! Even a Tom Cruise led defence with Nikki Minaj and her phat a$$ and Cossy with her big tetas in goal would not concede 3 goals in the last 10mins to Wigan. So when i say get rid of certain players i dunno they would require replacements abi? Ol boi you are stressed go and smoke Igbo!

Ha A-40 this your internet blood and crips don dey too mush o. grin Meanwhile Tom Cruise is an Arsenal player o. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2010
biolabee:

@dudu
we appreciate the financial picture but it still does not exceuse our poor defending, proneness to injury, loss of concentration in some games, not utilising set pieces, etc

the truth is this only one team can win the title so even if we spend 300m usd at once it may not mean squat(real?) but at least let the ethos of the team be better, get better squad players.

Hmmm true word, the million dollar question is, how can we have better squad players than Manure if we are unable to have 60m worth of talent warming the benches?
The answer is to grow our own 60m worth of bench players, which is exactly what we are now doing. We will make mistakes true enough and probably anything from 40-60 percent of them will not make it into the first team, but it is the only way of doing it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by DrKitaun(m): 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Dudu

Sir Kay and Akolawole are quite old men, but I have never seen them pen their age as disgracefully as u have done on a public forum . . .If I were u I will feel bad, dont u have any modicum of shame to ebe even discussing the extent of the greyness on your pubes ?

do u realise that FL Gators hadnt been conceived when u had impregnated ur landlord's daughter before running away from NAIJA ?

SHAMELESS OLD MAN !  embarassed  embarassed  embarassed

@SAURON

Regardless of the taunts from y'all, some of us know the truth when we see it, but I wonder if these guys have seen u cuss at Faggotson before ?

Jackal is one dude that will say it as it is when its about his club performing badly, but some stupid gunners feel u have erred whenever u as much as swear at AW . . .how deluded can that be ?

I remember the very famous battles on NL Sports then . . . .twerps like Dudu for no even dey log into NL again . . .

oponu !  grin  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2010
duduspace:

Alright, dey there dey console yourself, if you don't clear your debts by 2012 or get a money miss road man like Abramovic to buy you and write off your debts, we shall see when the new financial regulations kick in, the clock is ticking.

Platini can't do squat with United's debt.
The most important factor is the wage/turnover ratio and United are tremendously healthy in that statistics.
Our wage bill is just few millions higher than that of Arsenal and our turnover is almost twice as much as that of Arsenal.
United are healthier.

Wetin concern me with what your Reserves have done when the likes of Hargreaves have made appearances there recently?

Hargo played only 45 mins for the reserves this season - STOP LYING.
Yes, you will claim that 45 mins played by Hargreaves won the league for the Reserves - GAYnners and their ability to distort facts.

FYI we've been playing basically our academy league squad in the Reserve league south (we have 15 players out on loan in the league who could have been in that squad).

Lack of squad depth. . . . Reserves meant what it is. The spill over of the senior squad is the reserves.
The academy league squad is mainly under-18s. Na lack of squad depth dey worry una playing under 18s in the reserves.
Fact remains. . . . .Arsenal kids are yet to win the Southern Reserve League despite Wenger's retarded youth policy that has won nothing.

I'm talking about the academy league, I hope you lot win your league so that we can meet in the playoffs and let our lads teach yours how to tap, but that is if Liverpool and Blackburn don't do us the favours first, we've already won ours with 3 games to spare.

United are leading their academy league with 6 points.
If you pay attention to details like you claim, you will know that Liverpool and Blackburn are 6th and 8th respectively on the league table.
We churn out talents while Arsenal kids are duds - buncha unproven featherweights.

The amount you pay to buy the club is very different from the value of the club as the Glazers already held stake in the club not less than 30% before they could even initiate a take over at all. Doing some simple maths, if they already held 30% before initiating a takeover and they paid 700m GBP to buy it then that means the club at that time was already worth 1,000m. GBP.

Stop distorting the facts, Man Utd were worth 800 million GBP before Malcolm Glazer purchased 28% of the stake held by McManus and Magnier.
They did not have 30% before the club was valued at 800 million GBP. These facts are not far-fetched. Stop pretending to be well-informed.

Did you read the footnotes saying that stadium debt was included where applicable? on the same page your debt/value was given as 46% and you didn't build anything.

We converted a 60,000 stadium to 76,000. United make the highest income in the country despite the fact that we charge 45 pounds at the gate and Arsenal strangulate their fans by asking them to pay 70-94GBP to watch LOSERS play week in week out.

It's actually cruel to charge Arsenal fans 94GBP to watch the shower of shyte the team display every season.
I will sue if i pay 94 pounds only for Chelsea and Man Utd to come to the Emirates and sodomise the team i support. grin

Besides that was as at the end of 2009 season, we have subsequently reduced that debt by about 60% since so we should be on a debt/value ratio in the 15 to 25% range now and the only reason we won't wipe it all off in the next 2 years is because we gain nothing by doing so. But we all know your debts have not reduced one bit.

How have you reduced this debt? Any facts you can produce to show us the debts have been reduced?
Arsenal are a useless club in the way Wenger runs the club. If SAF is Einstein, Wenger is a mountain gibbon as far as managerial ability is concerned.

Very soon yu'll be struggling to pay the interests particularly if Chelsea pips you to the PL this season.

The difference between the prize money the league Champions cop and the runner up is less than 300K GBP.
However, Chelsea don't even make half the money United rake at the gates. If we finish 16th, United will still make more money than any London club. We rule ENGLAND, others can only follow.

So naming rights now equates to ownership?  undecided Go and get help Sauron, you astonish me atimes.

Whatz the difference?
U will have to pay FLY EMIRATES off to acquire the naming rights back. . . . .Bayern did the same with Allianz Arena.
Carrington however is still Carrington Complex and it's the media kicking up dust that United were about to shop the naming rights to Obasanjo.

But a lot of excuses about the source of your debt profile.  undecided

The same debt has made us win 3 titles in a row, got us to 2 European finals in the last 4 seasons.
Wenger will owe $100 billion willingly to achieve what United have achieved under The Glazers.
A manager that is yet to successfully defend a league title and yet to win any trophy in Europe is a massive disgrace to his club/fans.

The word FAILURE should have Wenger's face printed beside it in the dictionary.  grin

biolabee:

@Sauron read well 1.1 billion pounds or 1.8 billion dollars
U need wipes tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Does the statement. . . . "The GBP fell to the Euro/USD During The Recession" makes any sense to you at all?
United's worth in dollars has changed in the last 12 months because of the fall of pounds but that is to ambiguous for you to understand.
What's the IQ of an average GAYnner?

Dr Kitaun:

@SAURON
Regardless of the taunts from y'all, some of us know the truth when we see it, but I wonder if these guys have seen u cuss at Faggotson before ?
Jackal is one dude that will say it as it is when its about his club performing badly, but some silly gunners feel u have erred whenever u as much as swear at AW . . .how deluded can that be ?

I remember the very famous battles on NL Sports then . . . .twerps like Dudu for no even dey log into NL again . . .

Some fans are hopelessly deluded.
I get antsy with Wenger because he makes the same mistakes and expecting different results and he makes excuses with them.

My team is immature, our injury situation cost us, my players were bullied, we don't have money, etc.
When are we going to stop hearing this same excuse?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by jalether(m): 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@Dudu

Sir Kay and Akolawole are quite old men, but I have never seen them pen their age as disgracefully as u have done on a public forum . . .If I were u I will feel bad, dont u have any modicum of shame to ebe even discussing the extent of the greyness on your pubes ?

do u realise that FL Gators hadnt been conceived when u had impregnated your landlord's daughter before running away from NAIJA ?

SHAMELESS OLD MAN !  embarassed  embarassed  embarassed

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Death grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@Dudu

How were your eko agba lectures today? I can see they are yet to teach you about quotes. I hope the teachers weren't intimidated by your grey hairs and that your hearing aids batteries lasted through the lessons.  e pele sir, e kile o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by deekaybee: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Platini can't do squat with United's debt.
The most important factor is the wage/turnover ratio and United are tremendously healthy in that statistics.
Our wage bill is just few millions higher than that of Arsenal and our turnover is almost twice as much as that of Arsenal.
United are healthier.

Hargo played only 45 mins for the reserves this season - STOP LYING.
Yes, you will claim that 45 mins played by Hargreaves won the league for the Reserves - GAYnners and their ability to distort facts.

Lack of squad depth. . . . Reserves meant what it is. The spill over of the senior squad is the reserves.
The academy league squad is mainly under-18s. Na lack of squad depth dey worry una playing under 18s in the reserves.
Fact remains. . . . .Arsenal kids are yet to win the Southern Reserve League despite Wenger's retarded youth policy that has won nothing.

United are leading their academy league with 6 points.
If you pay attention to details like you claim, you will know that Liverpool and Blackburn are 6th and 8th respectively on the league table.
We churn out talents while Arsenal kids are duds - buncha unproven featherweights.

Stop distorting the facts, Man Utd were worth 800 million GBP before Malcolm Glazer purchased 28% of the stake held by McManus and Magnier.
They did not have 30% before the club was valued at 800 million GBP. These facts are not far-fetched. Stop pretending to be well-informed.

We converted a 60,000 stadium to 76,000. United make the highest income in the country despite the fact that we charge 45 pounds at the gate and Arsenal strangulate their fans by asking them to pay 70-94GBP to watch LOSERS play week in week out.

It's actually cruel to charge Arsenal fans 94GBP to watch the shower of shyte the team display every season.
I will sue if i pay 94 pounds only for Chelsea and Man Utd to come to the Emirates and sodomise the team i support. grin

How have you reduced this debt? Any facts you can produce to show us the debts have been reduced?
Arsenal are a useless club in the way Wenger runs the club. If SAF is Einstein, Wenger is a mountain gibbon as far as managerial ability is concerned.

The difference between the prize money the league Champions cop and the runner up is less than 300K GBP.
However, Chelsea don't even make half the money United rake at the gates. If we finish 16th, United will still make more money than any London club. We rule ENGLAND, others can only follow.

Whatz the difference?
U will have to pay FLY EMIRATES off to acquire the naming rights back. . . . .Bayern did the same with Allianz Arena.
Carrington however is still Carrington Complex and it's the media kicking up dust that United were about to shop the naming rights to Obasanjo.

The same debt has made us win 3 titles in a row, got us to 2 European finals in the last 4 seasons.
Wenger will owe $100 billion willingly to achieve what United have achieved under The Glazers.
A manager that is yet to successfully defend a league title and yet to win any trophy in Europe is a massive disgrace to his club/fans.

The word FAILURE should have Wenger's face printed beside it in the dictionary. grin

Does the statement. . . . "The GBP fell to the Euro/USD During The Recession" makes any sense to you at all?
United's worth in dollars has changed in the last 12 months because of the fall of pounds but that is to ambiguous for you to understand.
What's the IQ of an average GAYnner?

Some fans are hopelessly deluded.
I get antsy with Wenger because he makes the same mistakes and expecting different results and he makes excuses with them.

My team is immature, our injury situation cost us, my players were bullied, we don't have money, etc.
When are we going to stop hearing this same excuse?

It really is amazing the amount of my, our and all the personal terms on this thread when these guys who play do not know a thing about you or give a shyte about you, imagine my my my my as if una even fit buy one of the shares you so eloquently talk about.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by DrKitaun(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Sauron

see below senility has rippd away finally one of us ;  cry  cry

duduspace:

How were your eko agba lectures today? I can see they are yet to teach you about quotes. I hope the teachers weren't intimidated by your grey hairs and that your hearing aids batteries lasted through the lessons.  e pele sir, e kile o.

@Dudu

I am as old as your child, so I dont need no adult education  tongue  tongue

somebody should have told u that u are just a little younger than Nigeria as a country yet u behave like some overgrown prat, I wonder why people still complain that the country has witnessed stagnation . . .nitwits like u are busy throwing yabis on NL when your mates like FASHOLA are busy making things happen  tongue  grin

at 43 years of age, you are the oldest here cos thats definitely AFRICAN AGE, U MUST BE 66 to be candid  grin

get a life sir, abi auntie no dey gree give u some again ni ?

P.S Mukina our moderator is less than half your age . . .stop disgracing your family !!!  grin  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (100)

Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? / Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.