Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (233811 Views)

My Personal Demon 18+ / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Yoruba Demon From A Joke To A Tribal Insult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by tomgab(m): 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thumbs up

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by TheBlessedMAN: 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
Bluehaven:

The following Nairaland ancestors and ancient of days are likely to give surmountable and suitable answer to your question.
Please, TheBlessedMan, Lalasticlala, Rohy, SmartestPopQueen, PrinceOfPrince, Tgold1, etc can you please give feasible answers to the above question quoted?!
Bro, am as clueless as the asker of the asked question o.
I think the other bosses u mentioned will find a befitting answer to the question soon.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by MrCamron(m): 11:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
@sheikshegetto
Thumbs up for a job well done so far !
I've been following your writeup since early this year.
What a remarkable piece of work.
I guess you are very much busy off nairaland.
However we,your unrelenting readers,need you to finish up as you've promised earlier.
Once again,Thump up !
Ooose badess !!

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by MrCamron(m): 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
sheikshegetto:
apologies for the delay....One more update and the prigrimage ends...Thanks guys for your unrelenting patience so far.

Sheikshegetto,waiting........
I guess its gonna be a long long update. #last supper #prigrimage ends

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by seun9303: 12:10am On Jul 19, 2018
eja nla... wagbayi

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
sheikshegetto:
Mjay05 Funnas tomgab Eawwal OhGeeBee bimberry1307 BiadeFolar HelenBee Kcowen Sensitivity1254 Uniquejames Sunflow aod1 gurumarstk tnktosin chidiogojessy YINK89 enonche85 Vhally Damoguy Gody05 moorevic osuofia2 Ehmjay Dotman2210 hadow naijafox felsunseg fabianiweka joislim Maryamuwane aytuns RadiantKiwi Bluehaven Iyaomolere4 Kelvinatkins Godwinfury Cope1 Emeraldgist1 ToyBoyAaron Burlah4u2c blazebaba pcicero pulchritude94 Fazemood jenna3 jaybanfa lastdopeboi stevodotzz precidope patotelli Hotchillz alatbaba1 useed Iamicekid joeworipre Oye9ja scozy Hazardman easykolobo Lilisticlili Omzie badohemmy Olalake
Thanks dear

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by bimberry1307(f): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2018
Guy, when is the final episode dropping nau? Be sure to mention me pls. Nice work by the way.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by alatbaba1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
Joislim:
lol... you ain't serious
hmm. I'm serious. abi nah lie
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Uniquejames(m): 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
sheiks we are patiently waiting for the final episode of this great project, abeg no fall we boiZ hands

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
This is good stuff. My totos just wettyy

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by fikhayo(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
OODW:
This is good stuff. My totos just wettyy
Welldone
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2018
Final update tomorrow y'all...phew!!

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Ann2012(f): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
sheikshegetto:
Final update tomorrow y'all...phew!!

Can't wait....

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by damieskillz(m): 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2018
Can’t wait
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
Mjay05 Funnas tomgab Eawwal OhGeeBee bimberry1307 BiadeFolar HelenBee Kcowen Sensitivity1254 Uniquejames Sunflow aod1 gurumarstk tnktosin chidiogojessy YINK89 enonche85 Vhally Damoguy Gody05 moorevic osuofia2 Ehmjay Dotman2210 hadow naijafox felsunseg fabianiweka joislim Maryamuwane aytuns RadiantKiwi Bluehaven Iyaomolere4 Kelvinatkins Godwinfury Cope1 Emeraldgist1 ToyBoyAaron Burlah4u2c blazebaba pcicero pulchritude94 Fazemood jenna3 jaybanfa lastdopeboi stevodotzz precidope patotelli Hotchillz alatbaba1 useed Iamicekid joeworipre Oye9ja scozy Hazardman easykolobo Lilisticlili Omzie badohemmy Olalake Mjay05 Funnas tomgab Eawwal bimberry1307 Kcowen Ehmjay Dotman2210 hadow naijafox felsunseg fabianiweka joislim Burlah4u2c RockEyo AyosammyTunde Ayiibobo jasonex4 Uyiii Chevalier ClassicMan202 sconp jiikye1 Sirme411 Sunky200 Lambees hidhrhis dickroman sunflow unearthed Labiodun48 segunpundit okeyben10 Kingin55 dview001 seuncyber Enigmaticprof oloyeprince1 OhGeeBee ofomzi bluefish7 pabon adalbertina joezbon7 odigbosky Timidaves Adetaiwoo MrCamron TheBlessedMan seun9303 damieskillz Achillesdam500 germaphobe ubiquitousade diaryOfpersius ochikingz EmmyK itsandi Seanmozilla greatdeal1408

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2018

It was easier said than done, but Gold was right. There was no way Precious was going to be satisfied enough to end the power she had over me so quickly, the only way I can break that was to do the unthinkable and tell Karen that I slept with her arch rival and best friend. Guys have been stabbed to death for less.

But (I will tell her today) grew into two weeks, my stress heightened as Precious demands became insatiable. She became more reckless by coming over to my place at the flimsiest excuse, once we were almost caught by Helen and then once by Karen, twice she had me cancel plans with the latter to be with her. Karen on the other hand was smart enough to know something was amiss as she was starting to notice my withdrawn mood and the lengthy absences.
She would then complain to Valerie and Precious, without knowing she was convening her plans to the enemy.

I admit that I was a little disappointed about her self centeredness cos Lati saw right through all the delusions and knew something wasn’t right. I disclosed my plight and he gave me the same thing I didn’t want to hear. That I tell Karen before things get worse.

On a Sunday afternoon, I was hanging out on our front pouch with Lati and my fellow lodge mates, when Precious’s caller id flashed on my phone screen. My happy mood took a nose dive immediately.

What now?

Precious: Come over

(Her commanding tone irked me so much I didn’t realize I was clenching my phone so hard until my palm began to hurt.)

You saw me yesterday and the day before, today is Sunday for Christ sake

Precious: I do hope Karen’s also not busy to watch a certain video on a Sunday too

You know what, send it now… in fact if you need browsing data I can share some.

Precious: You can’t be serious

I can’t be more serious right now, what are you? A freaking nymphomania? By the time I drop down dead from exhaustion, you think I will care who ends up watch the freaking video? Look woman, I’m missing a lot of classes because of your narcissistic demands, just yesterday I passed over an impromptu test because I was with you. Na private school you dey, we don’t get as much second chance as you folks get so at this stage, I think I’m out of fvcks to give at the moment to even care about where ever your so called tape find itself right now.

Precious: we’re done when we say we’re done bj so you don’t get to decide when I want you…yunno what? I’m coming over and I better meet you at home!

-Drops call-

I almost flung my phone away in outrage before home training reminded me that I no dey Hollywood movie, and that iPhones screens were expensive. I cursed Precious, I cursed the day I went to end it all with Gold, I cursed Karen for not keeping her mouth shut, I cursed my olosho way.

That day I was ready to damn the consequences, cos she definitely wasn’t gonna meet me at home.

I grabbed my stuff and hightailed out of my place, needing a place to think.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
My feet went full autopilot once again, and before I knew it, I was knocking on Priscilla’s door.
She wasn’t that surprised to see me as I had been a regular caller for quite sometime.

“You look like you’re running from someone”. She joked as she offered me refreshments.

“why?” I asked, my voice louder than was necessary. “is my coming over today any different from other days?”

“Nope, it just reminds me of the days you used Omotola and i's place to hide from the numerous tables you broke, and Mr. carpenter, you mismanaged a lot of furniture back then.”

I chuckled. “I think you are using the word wrong, cos I am no table breaker.

“hmmn of course you’re so so right cos what I meant to say was Yoruba demon.”

I frowned at this, someone have called me that once. I must have made a funny face because Priscilla laughed.

“Why so surprised Bioye, abi you don’t know that’s what folks call guys like you?

“I’m not…whatever you just called me biko, besides I don’t break hearts, I’m not some heartless, selfish womanizing git.”

She raised an eyebrow at this.

My foul mood resufaced as I realized I was actually a selfish, womanizing git.

“look babe if you don’t want me here just say so, I sought your companionship to get my mind away from stuff and not come over to be insulted, infant I’ll take my leave now.” I said as I rose to leave.

“typical Bj running away from the truth as usual, I don’t mean to insult you but you are what you are, nothings changed.” Priscilla laughed again as she held on to my arm and tapped her side of the bed.
“Oya come and sit down and tell me what’s wrong, I want to hear everything.”

Priscilla have always had that sway over me, that soothing feeling of comfort that you can tell her your deepest darkest secret, and I felt a weight lifted off my chest as I told her everything.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Hemecee: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dope,been waiting all day

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Fazemood(m): 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
This precious own don too much o. Na wetin be dis nah? angry
Leave man pikin since u don collect, you fitn't nawah o. BJ na u cause am, bear d cross.

Sheggy Baba, I tloway salute give you. grin Wehdon.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
A few moments after I stopped talking, she tugged at her braids and asked.

"you've been quite busy since you did Omotola, Simisola and I. Can I ask you one question tho? how are you finding time to read sef.”

“Prissy be serious jor.” I smiled sadly as she laughed again at my expense.

“well if you want to hear what I have to say, I’m going to start by asking this question, why do you hate women?”

“I don’t hate women.” I frowned “as a matter of fact it’s quite the opposite, and I am in the trouble am in right now because of that vice.”

“then why do you treat them like scum, like their feelings don’t matter, like you cared less about the way you use them, like they were some conquest, some body count to boast your prowess, like the proverbial sowing of wild oats, like you have no mother or sister.”

“eh ehn Prissy don’t involve my mother and sisters in this.” I growled.

“well they’re women aren’t they?” she scoffed “how would you feel if someone treats your sisters the way you treat the women in your life huh.”

“look Priscilla, if this is all about Omotola, you of all people knows she had it coming, I did what I did because she forced my hand.” I cut in, feeling my temper rising.

“No no, this creed of yours goes back further than Omotola, I want to know who broke your heart? Who taught you the bitter but wrong lesson that all women are the same? I feel sorry for you, looking all dashing outside but inside you’re messed up Bioye.”

That was as far as she went, cos my pented up temper flared.

“look at you…miss perfect, advocate of women affairs.” I snapped. “you have no right to call me out like say you holy pass after all you slept with me while I was still with your best friend, what was your exact words. Yeah I believe you said ‘no regrets' before gumming your lips with mine……..You are right, I am a broken tool broken by non other by the very woman you said I treat like scum.
you all call it a mans world, a world when young boys are left out to fend for themselves, a society where boys are tagged weak when they showed emotions, a world that forgets that a male child is as much vulnerable as a female child.”

If Priscilla was shaken by my outburst she never showed it, the compassion on her face only irked me all the more and then I told her everything about my aunty Rose. Everything down to the day Omotola smeared my last hope at redemption.

“Well you wanted to know how I came to be, there you heard it.” I sneered.

“look Bj, I know this is hard for you to say, most affected guys never admit enough for our society to take it serious, but you don’t have to be what your ordeals fashioned you to be and under all this bad boy façade, I know you’re a sweet compassionate young man, it’s never too late to make amends and be the man you were meant to be, the man any woman would be proud to love.

“you must be jonzed if you really think I can be sweet again at this stage in my life after all I’ve been through.” My laugh was throaty with unshed tears.

“Yes.” Her soft reply came shortly afterward. “and you can start by cleaning your slate, tell your 'girlfriendsss' everything and whoever is not around after the whole revelation is not the one for you.”

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
How dem dey delete post sef... grin

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
An hour after I left Priscilla’s place, I got a text from an angry Precious stating that my time was up and that I better find a hole to hide etcetera etcetera.

That was it...with my mind made up, I called Karen but she wasn’t picking, I then texted her that we needed to talk and headed towards Helen's like a condemned man on a mission.

Yup….well sweet Helen didn’t take it so well, not that I expected her to after all who would. She cried, raged and called me unforgivable names, she compared me to a lot of domestic animals and told me she never wanted to see me again. I begged her and told her I would come back when she was a bit settled and regrettably left, her aproko neighbors watchful eyes followed me all the way out her compound.

At least she didn’t cause me bodily harm like a certain miss threatened to. Instead of feeling relieved, I felt miserable for hurting Helen, I have to say that hers was the only genuine relationship I had been in, our understanding was sincere and I think I might have loved her too in my own messed up way but she had to know, I was done with that chapter in my life.
Now on to Karen….and may God help me survive her.

I received no return text from Karen that day, and she still wasn’t picking my calls. The next day, I told Lati that I was going to see her, Lati offered to follow me but I told him not to worry.
An hour later, I stood nervously at her door and knocked hoping and hoping she wasn’t home but she answered the door without a word before leading me in to stand in the middle of her living room.

Karen looked as if she had just been through a cat fight. Her eyes were bloodshot as if she had be crying for weeks, her curly hair were in disarray.

“Are you okay Karen?” I said in alarm as I noticed her scratched face and bruised shoulders.

“I’m fine” Her voice was hoarse. “is there something you would like to tell me?”

My heart fell, that was it, the winch Previous got there before me, goodbye cruel world; with nothing worth losing anymore, I pulled myself together, sat her down and started confessing.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
“I know I deserve your loathing for betraying your trust and confidence, as stupid as it sounds i can't beat myself enough for this act of betrayal, I’m a terrible person and i've been wanting to tell you for quite sometime now, but i couldn't summon the courage to do that, I never wanted for you to hear it like this.”

Her silence was ominous, she just sat back and sipped off a steaming mug, an angry Karen was spitfire, she strikes immediately like a rabid fox but this calm Karen had me as nervous as a mouse.

“Why are you not throwing stuff, why are you not giving me an earful, I deserve everything you throw at me, Karen please just say something.” I pleaded.

“I don’t know, maybe it’s because i have done that already.” She shrugged her shoulders and winced in pain.”

“did you fight with Precious?” I asked looking again at the scratches on her face and neck.

“you should see that back stabbing bitch now, I doubt you will recognize her” Karen grimaced as she took another sip from her mug.

This unusual behavior of hers had me wary, when the scriptures said that the meek will inherit the earth, it was not Karen they were referring to.

“Karen, I am sincerely sorry for ruining your friendship with your best friend, I understand if you don’t ever want to see me again, I don’t deserve your forgiveness neither am I expecting you to forgive and forget.”

“Whoever made you think I am done with you bj.” Her soft voice stopped me in my track as I held on to the door knob.
My eyes warily followed her as she calmly put down her drink, stalked up to me to look me full in the eye.

“I cheated on you.” I croaked.

“But you still love me don’t you?” she said, her arms folded beneath her breasts.

“I do, and I hate myself for being weak and traitorous.” I answered. Wondering if I should be hoping again.

“Then it’s enough for me.” She drawled and walked back to pick her drinking mug.
“you’re lucky I love you right back so I’m willing to forgive you….i told you you’re mine Bioye and mine alone, I never forgot the promise I made to bring hell down on you the day you hurt me.”

A chill raced up my spine as her speech became darker. I realized I made a mistake coming alone because I feared Karen had gone full crazy, I needed to leave before things took a turn for the worse. Just then, I heard her door open behind me as two stony faced men strolled right in. One of them nodded at Karen in greeting.

“is this the boy?”

“Wait what boy, Karen what is the meaning of this.” I stuttered.

The other man pulled out an handcuff and flashed me an i.d before sticking it back into his breast pocket.”

“Ogbeni you are under arrest.”

“on what charges?” I sneered, fist clenched in defiance.

“you want to teach me my job ehn, you rapist; you still get mouth talk.”

I was dumbstruck, things were escalating quicker than my brain could comprehend.

“Karen this is one expensive joke and I need you to stop this now.” I ignored the chest flexing officer and moved towards her, bad move. The next thing I knew, I was seeing stars and hearing ocean waves as I received a wallop from behind. I was soon on the floor cuffed and dragged back up.

“you are not done with the beating you gave her abi, you want to finish the job.” my assailant sneered into my ear as I was half carried away into a waiting car my cries of protest fell unto deaf ears.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
Like a dream, that was how I was locked up that night and was not allowed to call someone until late evening the next day.
Lati was the first person I called, he was besides himself with worry when I never came back home the day before, he had gone over to Karen's place that morning but she was nowhere to be found. After giving me time to talk, I told him I was arrested and that he needed to bring Gold and no one else with a sworn promise not to panic and call my parents.

An hour later, I was summoned to the station counter where Lati and an angry looking Gold stood waiting.

“You will release him to us right now.” She snapped at the officer on duty.

“climb the counter come release am now.” The police officer snapped right back. “this oju wonkowonko na ogbonge rapist, he even beat woman join, na hin mama him suppose don call because na die e dey so.”

“on whose accusations, has the accuser written a statement? Did you even made an attempt at mirandizing him before arresting him?”

The officer started at this, glaring at Gold with wary interest. “which one be your own sef, you be hin lawyer?”

“you’d better be happy I was here before a certified lawyer come for your ass for the unlawful arrest you made, battery charges are serious and false rape charges also have grievous consequences you don’t want leading right back at you if you still value your job, so you will grant us his bail right now if you know what’s good for you.”

Glaring defiantly but soundly beaten, the police officer brought out my stuffs as Lati signed my bail. Gold saw my swollen cheek and went anew at the police officer who was finally glad to be rid of me as long as i took the razor tongued lady away with me as a bonus.

A few minutes later, I was breathing the freedom oxygen I had always taken for granted as Gold drove us back to my place.
may we all have no reason whatsoever to imprisoned.

“I can’t believe Karen can take it this far, this babe get knock for head ni abi wetin.” Lati said.

“I cheated on her though.” I pointed out.

“But that does not give her an excuse to accuse you wrongly of rape.” Gold said. “if you knew the magnitude of what she did, you wouldn’t say that, rape crime is a serious offences with a lengthy jail term, we're lucky to have gotten you out of there.”

Gold then told us about the fight between Precious and Karen. The two of them were actually together when Precious called me that Sunday afternoon, Karen overheard her talking on the phone, and followed her right to my place….madam added two plus two, confirmed her suspicion about the mystery guy stupid Precious had been actually bragging about. She confronted her when she got back, heated words turned into hurtful words, then threats and taunts until Precious pulled out her phone to show her the video and then the royal rumble began.

Another surprise awaited me at home as I pushed my room door open.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
My place had been trashed. My sound system was smashed into smatterings and the cords severed, my bed was ripped into shreds, my cloths scattered and smeared with God knows what, my laptop was opened the wrong way and the screen was cracked. Suddenly tired and miserable, I leaned against the wall staring impassively at the wreckage. Lati came in a moment after and his cry of outrage brought Gold running.

“Are you alright Bioye?” Gold asked as Lati stormed out to make enquiries from co tenants.

“I will be, after all I’m paying for my sins.” I answered absently as I fondled with my laptop, luckily the hard drive was untouched. Lati stumbled in a few moments later.

“Na Karen, Chika saw her and a friend came in this morning, how she take do all this when people dey this compound dey amaze me, cos if na to do aproko now dem go turn up.”

“She has a spare key, moreover what more can she do to hurt me” I said. Lati was fuming.

“shuu! You no promise am marriage ke, better pray say she don do her worst o cos na my cousins dem Akpobume and Dore i go send go treat her fvckup, mhennn this tin dey vex me…make I no take eye see this babe cos I go too cut chain for am, no be only she get craze for head.”

Still fuming, he helped me clear the debris and arranged back my room to normalcy. Gold hanged around for a while before taking her leave.

“Be careful out there, lord knows what Karen might be cooking up for you.” I called.

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” She flashed a smile and drove off.

My friends suggested I go home until the storm cleared, but I couldn’t just leave during an ongoing school session. After about a week or two when I was starting to think all was back to normal, I was at some local sport viewing center watching a premier league match. It was half-time and we were right outside the plank building arguing over the game as boys were wont to do when I was alerted by a buzz on my phone, 4missed calls from Gold and a text.

***Obiora & some friends are coming to ur place 2 beat u up….leave ur place 4 now pls bj****

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Fazemood(m): 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
Jeeezz! Karen d Wild Kat.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by kanyebaba1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
“you want to teach me my job ehn, you rapist; you still get mouth talk.”

I was dumbstruck, things were escalating quicker than my brain could comprehend.

[/quote]

Chai!! see wickedness. Good work @shieksheghetto

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
Lati saw the anguish on my face asked me what was wrong. I showed him my phone.

“Guy make we dey go house.” He said as he handed over the phone to a curious Pascal.

“you no get the message ni, go to very place I was warned not step into?”

“bj Lati's right.” Pascal chirped in. “how long will you keep running from this deranged girl now that they have outdone themselves this time around…enter our territory, to beat up one of us…chill let me make some calls.

“Guys I don’t want trouble.” I offered nervously.

“forget guy, na who wan enter our abete cause trouble na dem get to worry…Me sef get some favors wey I fit call in too.” Lati growled. Ogun kee dem….make dem dey come.”

Well that escalated quickly.

You would have thought my friends were making plans for world war III as they called in favors to meet up at my place and by the time we got home, the first of them had arrived.
A few number of them were unfamiliar but I recognize a stocky guy from Lati's department, Igwe makanacki and some other guy called rotten-man, hard names for hard guys.

Pascal's favor was actually O'set's boyfriend the chimney head. He swaggered in, escorted by three more guys, one of them I recognized from the night at the peninsula.

“Bisola right?” he drawled as Pascal introduced him as jay-smoke which was actually a befitting name to his smoking habit.

“No it’s Bioye.” I replied

“Yo Scal, yunno tell me say na my guy I wan come shadow nah. We down for you Omo iya mi, wetin do you do us too.”

“urr thanks man.” I managed to cough out praying to God I don’t have an inevitable bloodbath on my conscience at the end of the day as Lati gathered them around to fill them in on further details not included via phone.
They then hanged casually around the courtyard sharing weed and joking like old friends. Curious co tenants poked heads out their room door occasionally and the smarter ones locked their doors and made themselves scares for the rest of the day while my own nerves were stretched to bursting.

An hour and half later, when I was beginning to hope Obiora and company has missed road, Two range rovers swerved right up my lodge. Now shiit was about to get real.

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Ann2012(f): 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dis na serious gobbe oooo

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by germaphobe(m): 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
bros i dey follow bumber to bumber no just try to park without flashing ur red light

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Obiora got down all dressed up for the occasion….combat boots and shiiit. our eyes met, he made straight for me, a sadistic smile on his handsome face, oblivious to the others hanging around. His cohorts noticed them instead and became alert realizing I wasn’t going to be the easy prissy they thought I would be.

“Hello Bioye, fancy meeting you here.”

“Hello to you too Obiora, where would I have been if not here, this is my crib so I should be asking you the same thing.”

“I don’t know, maybe busy sleeping with girls like the man LovePeddler that you are.” His eyes flashed in contrast to the fixed smile on his face.

“Still I don’t know how that concerns you cos it’s not as if I slept with your girl.”

“if only Karen knew you for the scum that you are; a gutter boy, I saw you for what you were the first time I set my eyes on you a gold digger and a lying cheat.”

My blood boiled at this, the tag gold-digger again, what is wrong with these rich people.

“Look man, call me whatever you want, but the fact remains that she left you for me, if you were an epitome of perfection like you stupidly think of yourself why so? Maybe you were a lying cheat yourself and also a gutter boy in expensive things.” I fired back

“2-1” Lati hollered, as everybody laughed.

“you bastard, you think you’re sleek huh we’ll see how your pretty face fares by the time I’m done with you, get him boys.” He snapped.

His companions made to move towards me but jerked into a stop as my friends also rose in unison to confront them. Makanacki clapped loudly from the corner he sat smoking.

“Nna ehn…Mere nke oma, I dey observe you as you dey blow grammar since, na I don know say you lack respect, you enter we kabal, disrespect we wey siddon for here dey run mouth anyhow, I wan know who you be?”

“make una help me ask am ooo” some guy beside him hollered.

“Omo leave that who he be shiit for who the fvck he wants to be…ko kan aaye, walahi you suppose don see say na pampers pikin, ajebo from that secondary boarding school they call private university.” Jay-smoke roared puffing fumes from his nose like a 504 exhaust.

“The last dog wey enter leopard den scratch leopard nose for idumota wetin happen to the dog?"

“na blood he take baff Oooo.” His henchmen chorused.

“So Alayee go back go tell whoever send you say the message too big to deliver, you come our yard wan come carry one of us and fear no even catch you….you be bastard, Ogun kee you there.”

“Amen!!” his henchmen chorused once again.

To Obiora's credit, he wasn’t daunted in the least even though his companions were already having second thoughts, he glared in defiance at us all.

“You are not only a cheating wretch but also a cowardly rat, you had to call your dogs to save your skin eh bioye.”

“Says the ass licker that came over with a full battalion to run one errand, see me see sumtin, the nigga even wear commando jersey come add boots join, mumu wan play actor and boss.”

Lati said, provoking a bout of laughter from everyone.
He then drew up nose to nose with Obiora and growled.

“now look here hard guy, I no wan know how you wan take comot here, whether by your car o abi ambulance or coffin, you only get to pick one….now go tell your madam, my guy don pay enough already for hin crimes, anything happen to him after this evening, I swear una mama go mourn all of una.

“Oooo God, all of una too like drama abeg.” Rotten man stood from where he had been sitting since, he was tall and massive with arms the size of tree trunks, his intimidating bearing made Obiora and his cohorts involuntarily draw back a step or two.

“fine boys, yes na all of una I dey talk to….one question, is your loyalty to this fvckboy strong enough to get smoked for him? apart from coming to harm one of our own, foolishly coming to our domain uninvited is a death wish but the book of Corinthians first or second says…his grace is sufficient for us, you will have this one grace for today, now your time is up, clear from here and don’t you ever back again.”

“Una deaf?” Igwe Makanacki roared. “he say make una clear from here.”

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
Obiora's friend had finally had enough, all this was not what they signed up for as they scurried hurriedly to where their ride was packed while the latter fired a parting shot.

“watch your back Bioye, you have not seen the last of me.”

“my regards to Karen.” I said

“tell her I said hi too.” Lati guffawed.

“Thanks guys, I don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t here.” I said, visibly relieved.

Rotten man: It was nothing man, an insult to one of us is an insult to us all.

Igwe makachelli: No sweat am my guy, you be from our school, who go watch your back if not us, glad to be of service…about time those over pampered boys learn their place.

Jay-smoke: Don’t mention it bruh…never hesitate to call me for anything, put my line for speed dial.

Lati brought out quite a collection of drinks, and passed bottles around as they all chatted and exchanged jokes until the last of them finally swaggered out late that night.

“Thank you so much Lati, what can I do without you.”

“Nothing o.” was his cheeky reply as we laughed.

That was how I narrowly escape Karen's third attempt to make me hurt for playing with her heart. I farced through the rest of the semester which I can as well say was one of the fewer times I went full celibate cos the pepper I was shown by Karen put the fear of women in my life at that period.

“Submit!” the stern looking invigilator yelled. “times up”

Students scribbled all the more as if they had just woken up after two hours of writing, until the lecturer made as if to leave; forcing them to pursue him with their answer booklets like swarms of locusts.
I soon joined my colleagues outside congratulating ourselves for a session well spent will fyb( final year brethren) catcalls.

My phone buzzed. A text from Lati to wait for him at the r.c building.
I texted him back that I was on my way and strolled away from the exam amphitheater.
The afternoon sun was way too hot for comfort then I realized I still wore the cardigan from the cold morning first paper. My phone buzzed again as I struggled with my sweater, I grumbled at Lati's impatience but the text message was not from him.

It was from Karen, telling me how much she loved and missed me, that she was sorry for everything and was also willing to let bygone be bygone and start afresh.

I chuckled as I moved on towards the r.c where Lati sat waiting, trekking leisurely as I typed a reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds]

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89