Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (27898 Views)

What Was The Early Islamic Attitude Toward LGBTQ? / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:59am On Oct 27, 2017
uben, more copy and paste of bible verses and other truths,
all of which you hate:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6148508_107114_gifbc9899aa0fb18f0d3d4546009d7c61d7

1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6148511_107117_gifd9caed396bcef37f3ccdf8cccdab942e

^^^ __lets meet a few of her "holy fathers",........ i can't wait for that continue smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 1:12am On Oct 27, 2017
uben here is some more copy and paste for you
i know you don't like the truth and the bible verses in these articles
but to bad: smiley

Roman Catholic False doctrines

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6164731_idevil_gif3bf6d76249a9980dc63652d4b351dca9 Doctrines that contradict the Bible

Transubstantiation (real presence) is a false doctrine. Transubstantiation is a false doctrine because Jesus is not a liar: In Mt 26:29 after Jesus had said, "this is my blood" and prayed, he still referred to the contents as, "fruit of the vine". If transubstantiation of the juice into blood had occurred, as both Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches say it was at this time, then Jesus would never have referred to it as "fruit of the vine' but rather "blood". This proves that when Jesus said "take eat & drink" he LITERALLY gave them bread and juice. In like manner, Paul also refers to the elements of the Lord's Supper as "eat this bread and drink the cup" in 1 Cor 11:26 after they should be transubstantiated.

Tertullian, in 200 AD also knew nothing of the false doctrine but considered the bread and juice as symbols: "Taking bread and distributing it to his disciples he made it his own body by saying, "This is my body," that is a "figure of my body." On the other hand, there would not have been a figure unless there was a true body." (Tertullian, Against Marcion IV. 40) Transubstantiation (real presence) is a false doctrine.
END

fake rc's don't understand what it means when Jesus said this bread is my body
and this wine is my blood, they say Jesus gave the apostles His literal body and blood to eat and drink cheesy

and they don't believe Jesus when He made it clear that the wine was literal wine:

Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:18am On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

Jesus said that to his disciples as He was sending them out to preach

it certinally doesn't apply to satans disciples
first you copy and paste that no body received power to forgive sins now you admit Jesus gave them the power to do so.

the Catholic Church is the original Church sent out by Christ.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28am On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

yes peter said when persons repent of their wrong ways and turn around to the character of Jesus Christ
their sins will be forgiven and they will receive the Holy Spirit

of course that has nothing to do with satans disciples and their fake church
no he said repent believe and be baptised aka faith and sacrament.

you see how the Bible supports the Catholic position?

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:57am On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

duh uben, i have no problem with paul and the other apostles being priests of God,

truly uben, rc priests are not priests of God, but of satan yes

rc priests unlike the apostles, pray to mary and other deceased persons
and have statues of them, and worship both the persons and their statues

and building houses of worship for them, although the dead persons cannot be seen there,
just their statues can be seen, which rc's kneel and bow and cry and pray before,
like the good little idol worshippers that they are

first you say there are no priesthood in the new testament. now I have proven you wrong and you have diverted into another thing.

who told you the apostles didn't allow images in places of worship.

do some research every archeological dig that shows early Christian worship place has images.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:00am On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

duh uben, i have no problem with paul and the other apostles being priests of God,

truly uben, rc priests are not priests of God, but of satan yes

rc priests unlike the apostles, pray to mary and other deceased persons
and have statues of them, and worship both the persons and their statues

and building houses of worship for them, although the dead persons cannot be seen there,
just their statues can be seen, which rc's kneel and bow and cry and pray before,
like the good little idol worshippers that they are

first you say there are no priesthood in the new testament. now I have proven you wrong and you have diverted into another thing.

do some research every archeological dig that shows early Christian worship place has images..
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

i did answer but you cannot help lie

uben, you and bb repeat the same things over and over again
just like you repeat the same prayers over and over again
praying repetitively and going against God

of course i did answer, whether you like the answer or not, i care not
and you and bb cannot see it because you have been blinded:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

rc's are blinded by the light smiley
since you did answer why not repeat your answer again. . . stating the dates and names I requested.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Vicvalentine: 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
Seek

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

uben, Jesus did take bread and say this is my body,
and you believe Him, which is good, although you don't understand Him

however God inspired samuel to say that He - God is a rock,
and you don't believe God, that is bad, and you don't understand Him of course

Luke. 22:19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for

you; do this in remembrance of me."

2Sa_22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

you uben believe the bread Jesus gave His apostles to eat was literally Jesus body,
and you believe uben that the wine Jesus gave his apostles to drink was literally Jesus blood

so measuring by the same yardstick so to speak,
you uben, must believe that God is a literal rock cheesy

God didn't inspire Samuel to say God is this rock .

Samuel didn't take up a rock and proclaim God is this rock or this rock is God.

here Jesus himself say s his flesh is REAL food, he then repeats that you must eat his flesh the Greek word he used is the most literal one, he said you must chew his body. that is the most literal word. then he takes bread and said. this is my body.

you can either believe Jesus was saying the truth and the entire Christian faith has agreed to the same for 2000yrs or you can say Jesus wasn't saying the truth and only in the year 1600 did some people who called themselves Protestants found and started calling Jesus a liar.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

@bold, no, never made such a claim
but you cannot stop lying:
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

the rest is just more of your confused babble

uben, this wasn't copy and paste: https://www.nairaland.com/3720100/how-witness-loved-ones-roman/6#61743890
and you cannot reply to it, you would have to twist God's word to have it say something else

you cannot reply to any of the Bible verses posted, but just continue on with your lies and nonsense

it must be confusing for you after you attacked the priesthood only to find its in the Bible
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
please list the people who used the Bible before the Catholic Church and weren't Catholic, is that too hard for you.

if you are making a claim back it up, if you claim Christians were using the current Bible and they weren't Catholics, then name them.

if you can't, why not learn.
doctoralien
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by DoctorAlien(m): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Stop playingaround with the word "catholic". You are not deceiving anybody.

The word catholic literally means "universal," as in "the universal church." It originally was applied to all Christians because we are all part of the universal church in the way that we are all members of the Body of Christ. The Latin word is catholicus, and in Greek it is katholikos, from the Greek phrase meaning "on the whole, according to the whole or in general." The word in English can mean "including a wide variety of things; all-embracing," or "of the Roman Catholic faith," or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church.”

Catholic was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. The term has been incorporated into the name of the largest Christian communion, the Roman Catholic Church, which consists of 23 churches sui iuris, in full communion with the Bishop of Rome. The largest of these, the Latin Rite consists of nearly 95 percent of the population of the Catholic Church. The remaining 5 percent consist of the 22 Eastern Catholic Churches. Some Protestant churches use the term "catholic Church" to refer broadly to all believers in Jesus Christ across the world and the ages, regardless of denominational affiliation. Generally, to avoid confusion between this concept and the Roman Catholic Church, theologians will refer to the “universal church” as the “church catholic,” utilizing the lower case, instead of “Catholic Church.”

The Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, and Lutheran, and some Methodists declare that their churches are catholic in the sense that they are in continuity with the original universal church founded by the apostles. The Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches all believe that their church is the only original and universal church. Catholicity is considered one of Four Marks of the Church, the others being unity, sanctity, and apostolicity according to the Nicene Creed of 381: "I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church." It is crucially important to remember, though, that when the early Christians used the term “catholic,” they were not referring to any particular church, denomination, rite, or communion. They were simply referring to all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Source: https://www.gotquestions.org/Catholic-meaning-definition.html
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Stop playingaround with the word "catholic". You are not deceiving anybody.

The word catholic literally means "universal," as in "the universal church." It originally was applied to all Christians because we are all part of the universal church in the way that we are all members of the Body of Christ. The Latin word is catholicus, and in Greek it is katholikos, from the Greek phrase meaning "on the whole, according to the whole or in general." The word in English can mean "including a wide variety of things; all-embracing," or "of the Roman Catholic faith," or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church.”

Catholic was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. The term has been incorporated into the name of the largest Christian communion, the Roman Catholic Church, which consists of 23 churches sui iuris, in full communion with the Bishop of Rome. The largest of these, the Latin Rite consists of nearly 95 percent of the population of the Catholic Church. The remaining 5 percent consist of the 22 Eastern Catholic Churches. Some Protestant churches use the term "catholic Church" to refer broadly to all believers in Jesus Christ across the world and the ages, regardless of denominational affiliation. Generally, to avoid confusion between this concept and the Roman Catholic Church, theologians will refer to the “universal church” as the “church catholic,” utilizing the lower case, instead of “Catholic Church.”

The Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, and Lutheran, and some Methodists declare that their churches are catholic in the sense that they are in continuity with the original universal church founded by the apostles. The Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches all believe that their church is the only original and universal church. Catholicity is considered one of Four Marks of the Church, the others being unity, sanctity, and apostolicity according to the Nicene Creed of 381: "I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church." It is crucially important to remember, though, that when the early Christians used the term “catholic,” they were not referring to any particular church, denomination, rite, or communion. They were simply referring to all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Source: https://www.gotquestions.org/Catholic-meaning-definition.html

sorry dear, when the early Christian used the word Catholic Church they used it to refer to those who had the same faith with them and excluded the heretics.

do you share same faith with the Church fathers?

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 1:11am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
first you copy and paste that no body received power to forgive sins now you admit Jesus gave them the power to do so.

the Catholic Church is the original Church sent out by Christ.

truly oh blinded one, the original church - the apostles and disciples of Christ
never prayed to deceased people or had statues - idols etc. etc. etc.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 1:16am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
no he said repent believe and be baptised aka faith and sacrament.

you see how the Bible supports the Catholic position?

peter believed in baptism, did he believe in praying to dead persons?
no he didn't
did he believe in having statues - idols to those dead people etc. etc. etc.?
no he didn't, oh blinded one
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 1:29am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:

did i say that or someone else, post the quotes or it's just more lies from uben

Ubenedictus:

God did, He also said you rc's and other image lovers, hate Him:
(Deu 5:8] Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
(Deu 5:9) Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Ubenedictus:
do some research every archeological dig that shows early Christian worship place has images.

if true, they were obviously christian sects led away from the truth,
just as the rcc is led away, and into lies by their god satan

God's church - christians that believe God, don't have images - idols, truly
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 1:32am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:

do some research every archeological dig that shows early Christian worship place has images..

rc's repeat the same prayer over and over again, going against God

rc's repeat the same posts over and over again, going against mental stability smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 1:44am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
since you did answer why not repeat your answer again. . . stating the dates and names I requested.

do your own work and searches, and then if you find what you are looking for, then post it, oh duh one
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 2:48am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
God didn't inspire Samuel to say God is this rock .

uben oh blinded one, God certainly did tell samuel that He God is a rock:
2Sa_22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

of course God is not a literal rock, but is our strength, a stronghold for believers:
2Sa 22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

God is not a literal rock, and rcc wafer and wine is not Jesus physical body and physical blood to be physically eaten
and drank, smiley

rcc is full of lies and confusion, no understanding

Ubenedictus:
Samuel didn't take up a rock and proclaim God is this rock or this rock is God.

here Jesus himself say s his flesh is REAL food, he then repeats that you must eat his flesh the Greek word he used is the most literal one, he said you must chew his body. that is the most literal word. then he takes bread and said. this is my body.

you can either believe Jesus was saying the truth and the entire Christian faith has agreed to the same for 2000yrs or you can say Jesus wasn't saying the truth and only in the year 1600 did some people who called themselves Protestants found and started calling Jesus a liar.

it's hard to believe that even rc's can believe those things are literal

Jesus certinally was saying the truth,
and Jesus certinally was speaking figuratively

no one has actually eaten Jesus physical flesh,
or drank Jesus physical blood,

you uben, obviouslt cannot understand much at all of God's word

when Jesus said, do this in rememberance of me, he was saying to gather together,
to eat and drink, that's what they were doing, and to share their faith in Jesus

when Jesus said, do this in rememberance of me, He wasn't saying, give the people
a thin dry wafer of bread and tell them it's my literal body for them to eat
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 3:00am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:

sorry dear, when the early Christian used the word Catholic Church they used it to refer to those who had the same faith with them and excluded the heretics.

do you share same faith with the Church fathers?

is heretics the same as heathen

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

truly uben, the rcc who pray repetitively the same prayer over and over again to a deceased person,
and have statues - idols to her
are not God's church
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 3:08am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
doctoralien

duh uben, God fearing people of the old testament read the God inspired
literature that was available to them, the same as the new testament believers did,
the same literature that is part of what is called the bible, and was written by God inspired men,
the rcc of course wrote none of it, but do change much of the meaning of what it says,
don't you uben
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 3:15am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
it must be confusing for you after you attacked the priesthood only to find its in the Bible

i certainly never did, post the quotes, habitual liar uben smiley

however if you are talking of the rcc priesthood,
then i very well may have shown them up to be fake
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 5:19am On Oct 28, 2017
but who cares about that: smiley

Roman Catholic False doctrines

The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Roman Catholic book,

1. Why does it condemn clerical dress? (Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary? (Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests? (1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days? (Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints? (1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images? (Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring? (Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"? (Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter? (1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many? (1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man? (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter? (Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory? (Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

bible dot ca
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 6:03am On Oct 28, 2017
but others do:

seven Catholic sacraments

Question:
"Are the seven Catholic sacraments biblical?"

Answer: “Sacraments are outward signs of inward grace, instituted by Christ for our sanctification” (taken from the Catholic Encyclopedia). The Roman Catholic Church teaches that while God gives grace to man without outward symbols (sacraments), He has also chosen to give grace to man through visible symbols. Because God has done this, man is foolish to not make use of this God-provided means of gaining sanctification.

In order to qualify as a sacrament, the Roman Catholic Church states that it must meet the following three criteria: a) the external, that is, a sensibly perceptible sign of sanctifying grace, b) the conferring of sanctifying grace, c) the institution by God or, more accurately, by the God-Man Jesus Christ. Thus, sacraments are not merely a symbol, but are believed to actually confer sanctifying grace upon the recipient. The Roman Catholic Church believes that all of their seven sacraments were instituted by Christ Himself. There are seven Roman Catholic Sacraments, and they are as follows:

1) Baptism, which the Roman Catholic Church teaches removes original sin while infusing the act with sanctifying grace.
2) Penance, in which one confesses his/her sins to a priest.
3) The Eucharist, considered the reception and consumption of the actual body and blood of Christ.
4) Confirmation, a formal acceptance into the church along with special anointing of the Holy Spirit.
5) Anointing of the sick, performed by a priest using oil. The priest anoints the sick person´s forehead and hands with oil. This is associated not only with bodily healing but with forgiveness of sins. When performed on a dying person, it is called Extreme Unction (or last rites or final anointing).
6) Holy Orders, the process by which men are ordained to clergy.
7) Matrimony, which provides special grace to a couple.

The following are verses commonly cited to support the Roman Catholic belief concerning the sacraments: “Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands" (2 Timothy 1:6). "Jesus answered, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God’" (John 3:5). "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5). "That He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word" (Ephesians 5:26). "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained" (John 20:23). "And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven" (James 5:15). "Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit" (Acts 8:17). "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed" (John 6:54-55).
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 6:07am On Oct 28, 2017
continue:

It might seem by looking at these verses by themselves that, indeed, certain external actions do convey some benefit (such as eternal life, the forgiveness of sins, the presence or power of the Holy Spirit, etc.). However, when taken in the context of Scripture as a whole, there is no foundation for the belief that God ever intended these passages to be taken as support for rituals as a means of conveying grace. In other words, the whole idea of "sacraments" that convey saving grace upon people is unbiblical.

Two of the main sacraments specifically are said by the Roman Catholic Church to be necessary in order to gain eternal life: baptism and communion. Because of the Roman Catholic Church belief that baptism is required for salvation, Catholics maintain that it is important to baptize infants. But nowhere in Scripture can you find even a single example or command to do so. Some Roman Catholics use Acts 16:33 as a possible example, because it states that the Philippian jailor "and his family" were baptized. But, taking this verse in context, we note two things:

(1) When the jailor asked Paul what he must do to be saved, Paul did NOT say, "Believe on Jesus and be baptized and take communion." Rather, Paul said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household" (v. 31). Thus, we see that it is faith that is the ingredient necessary for salvation. It was understood that one who believed would be baptized, but baptism was not necessary for salvation. If it were, Paul would have given it more weight in his missionary journeys (1 Corinthians 1:14-18).

(2) We see that the "family" could not have included infants or toddlers, as it states in verse 34 that the jailor had "believed in God with all his household." Infants and toddlers cannot exercise faith in God in such a fashion.

Again and again throughout Scripture, faith, not faith PLUS baptism, is seen as the means through which one receives salvation (John 1:12; 3:14-16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3:19-26; 4; 10:9-13; etc.).

Turning to communion, the Roman Catholic Church makes it clear that they take John 6:54 literally when Jesus says, "Unless you eat of the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you." The problem is that their belief that Jesus is speaking literally here is not in keeping with the context of the passage in which Jesus repeatedly states the importance of faith in Him and His coming atoning death for their sins (see John 6:29,35,40,47 and consider the whole message of the gospel of John, as stated in John 20:31).

When one examines the remaining sacraments, one finds that the belief that they convey "sanctifying grace" is not in keeping with the context of the rest of the Bible. Yes, all Christians should be baptized, but baptism does not infuse us with grace. Yes, all Christians should partake of the Lord’s Supper, but doing so does not confer sanctifying grace. Yes, we should confess our sins, not to a priest, but rather to God (1 John 1:9). Having a formal training program and formal acceptance into the church is a good thing to do, but it does not convey saving grace. Being approved as a church leader is an honorable thing, but it does not result in grace. Marriage is a wonderful and blessed event in the life of a couple, but it is not the means of how God graces us. Praying for and with a person who is dying is a godly thing to do – but it does not add grace to our account.

All the grace we will ever need is received the moment we trust Jesus, by faith, as Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9). The saving grace that is granted at the moment of genuine faith is the only saving grace God’s Word calls on us to receive. This grace is received by faith, not by observing rituals. So, while the seven sacraments are “good things to do,” when they are understood in a biblical context, the concept of the seven sacraments as “conferring sanctifying grace” is completely unbiblical.

gotquestions dot org
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 6:48am On Oct 28, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6170683_lostrcs1_gif36b52a2d936d41c0ccc3c064b175c8e5

Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6170684_sinfulpopes2_gif3c4a2400914e324be4ce313bdd661390

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6170685_lostrcs_gifb15befa740d192069be39c5e8db70bb0
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by braivheart: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
Babacele:
you were speaking ignorantly. but now you have the opportunity to change it. This is the God's opportunity you want to deny others if you guys were to be God. But you ain't God despite all the high Falutin claims to appropriate God!

Guy you have comprehension issues
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by daveP(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lol! nice tko. The only place a tko is given and the loser keeps coming back for more tko is on here. bravo!
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Babacele: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2017
braivheart:

Guy you have comprehension issues
how do you mean sir?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:51am On Oct 29, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6174452_1_gifb5e9b4f86ce43ca65bd79c894c4a924c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6174453_2_gif274a01ad7ad7ad7d73d5f0b399ae5db2

(Rom 6:3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
(Rom 6:4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
(Rom 6:5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
(Rom 6:6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
(Rom 6:7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
(Rom 6:8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
(Rom 6:9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
(Rom 6:10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

(Act 8:36) And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
(Act 8:37) And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
(Act 8:38) And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6174454_3_gif068ae40523a24c9ef54edefd375e542d
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
johnw74:

duh uben, God fearing people of the old testament read the God inspired
literature that was available to them, the same as the new testament believers did,
the same literature that is part of what is called the bible, and was written by God inspired men,
the rcc of course wrote none of it, but do change much of the meaning of what it says,
don't you uben

give me the name of the non Catholic who used the new testament before the Catholic Church?

if Catholic are pagan then tell me when the Protestant canonised their own new testament

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
johnw74:

do your own work and searches, and then if you find what you are looking for, then post it, oh duh one

dodging as usual because you are unable to back up your claims

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 / 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) / Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.