Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days (32821 Views)

No Discrimination Against Non-indigenes During Ofala Festival- Obi Of Onitsha / China Rakes In $17 Billion Off Tourism In 4 Days!!! / King Of Iworoko Ekiti Gave Up The Ghost 4 Days After The Dangote Trailer Tragedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2017
Find baddo dem no find,na festival dem dey do..
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by lawalfatai033(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2017
Hmm proudly ikorodu ambassador, omo eluku meden meden, omo eluku meden, omo imale afeleja, omo ake nigbo ki eru ba ara ona, if u guys aren't pleased with d ancestral festival u can as well do us a favor by relocating to ur various states grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by colossus91(m): 8:38am On Aug 25, 2017
another skull activity nice one ikdgrin
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by victorv12(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2017
Nigeria is a peace of shit! Someone can just wake up and tell people to stay indoors. See Kogi state, because the president just came into the country, the senseless governor that's owning civil servants their wage declared a public holiday. It's so unfortunate.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by everG: 8:40am On Aug 25, 2017
Josephjnr:
I think they meant,stay in your house.

Don't see how one will really tell me to leave my own house for days because of some dead ancestors that refused to stay dead.
bah common sense!
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Amajerry83(m): 8:41am On Aug 25, 2017
This is curfew from the ancestors. I wonder how people still live in such place. Its only bad news we hear from Ikorodu everyday.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by amodu(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2017
OMOTOWO:
Why used Berger picture for ikorodu?Wetin a wan com find for ikorodu before?since baddoo took over ,I have not gone beyond Mile 12....elekuru ko,onirobo ni

Where you see Berger picture? That is Ikorodu Garage Round About.

I beg remove the hampering dirt in your eyes before it will be wrecked.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

Na to follow obey the King be dat niyen!
tell that king i said make heavy Thunder fire am

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by uglodoh(f): 8:45am On Aug 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
will u go to church in the night? Cos the curfew is imposed only in the nite when their rituals activities start

27th Is Sunday and it is not affected and moreover the festival is not in every part of Ikorodu. Movements are restricted on the days of the festivals both day and night. The op that reported this didn't do justice at all to it. I just asked my husband who hangs out with ikorodu indigenes, he said he is not aware of the festival.

We are even lucky here that they announce theirs what of other parts of Lagos they do not announce theirs and they carry out killings.

I lived in ebute metta for more than 30 years, I never knew they do something like that until a girl came to church to give a testimony how she narrowly escaped death at Oto where a similar festival was taking place.

Just be security conscious in Lagos as long as ritual killing is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by jojothaiv(m): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
tell that king i said make heavy Thunder fire am
since you fit type am, go tell am yasef na, na man you be na!

cheesy
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Henrypraise: 8:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Giddyperson:
Why would he be arrested for practicing his tradition

enforcing his tradition is treason to d Nigerian constitution, hence he shud be arrested.. hope I answered ur question
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by DabuIIIT: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

iPod is a terrorist group too.
igbo this,iPAD that,dem take ur PA.? grin
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by uglodoh(f): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
you are wrong. When the ritual activities start and they catch up with u and realize ur name is Adekunle, Yusuf, Lawal, Akintola, Hassan, Ahmed, Abubakar or Aminu irrespective of state as far as you're Yoruba or Hausa Fulani you would be freed but if they find out you're Ikechukwu, Akpan, ChibuzorAbia, Emeka or any other Igbo from the south south/ south east. Your head would be cut off and skull mined.
Afonjas are the most backward people in this country.

Stop being tribalist. The festival only bars women alone. I am from Akwa Ibom and I have lived for 8 years. It also affects women that are indigenes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2017
When will we leave this archaic stuff alone...
No religion put others in trouble, imagine what is this
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by columbus007(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2017
Josephjnr:

Don't see how one will really tell me to leave my own house for days because of some dead ancestors that refused to stay dead.
they are bast.rds,and they blind gods
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by columbus007(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2017
Josephjnr:

they are bast.rds,and their blind gods

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2017
Trendishine:
The socalled propagators of such orders should be arrested, and seriously investigated upon such manner of threat. Of what political, social or economic value is their masquerading display of fetish chivaunism & and normadic savagery to d peace loving individuals of dat area? Now some hint and root of the crime and fetish practice of d criminal barbaric group called badoo within dat area is beginning to rear its head...this blood suckers are no longer happy dat badoo is no longer in existence around there, now they are issuing meaningless public threat for a fetish and unsubstantially archaic practice of a relegated past.... Stark illiteracy they worry many traditional ediots from that side...

Some of you kids on Nairaland will just talk as if your sense is absent. If you doubt them come to Ikorodu in the midnight and see how all this grammar you blew above will deal with you.

Simple don't come out in the mid-night you will turn it to something else as if it's normal for people to wander around at night. For your information not all indigene of Ikorodu can participate in the festival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by columbus007(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

Go back to the east and develop your land.
is there no other tribe in that ur east apart from ur people?
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2017
bakynes:

I don't live in Ikorodu but am Ijebu am wondering if that would be applicable to me as well because Ikorodu is an Ijebu town.

Nobody said you should not come to Ikorodu, what the message says is that once it's 10pm stay in your house and don't come out until 5:30am if you are not an indegene, and if you are an indegene, you must be sure of your lineage originality to participate in the festival, coz their exist some indegene that are not bona-fide enough to participate in the festival
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by divinevie(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

....aside Lagos state where is even developed in south west have u ever been to the East
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by jumpandpas(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

If your own land is developed, people won't be asked to stay away for dead ancestors.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Awoo88: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

The same iPod that barred kumuyi from SE.
He did not. His discouraged people from attending that crusade. He said a lot of uncomplimentary things about kumuyi and deeper life. Kumuyi was in Aba just that same period. Kanu is rude and sometimes outright stupid but asking for referendum is not terrorism
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
what if i'm yoruba from Ekiti? Should they also leave? Or the curfew is strictly imposed on non yolobas

The curfew is also impose on Ikorodu indegenes who are not authentic enough to lay claim to participation in the Eluku festival.
just stay in your house between 10pm to 5:30am and you are free, the Eluku festival is more sacred than the Oro festival where anybody can participate
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by jumpandpas(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2017
sodiksan:

Some of you kids on Nairaland will just talk as if your sense is absent. If you doubt them come to Ikorodu in the midnight and see how all this grammar you blew above will deal with you.

Simple don't come out in the mid-night you will turn it to something else as if it's normal for people to wander around at night. For your information not all indigene of Ikorodu can participate in the festival

If it is not normal for people to wander around at night as u said, why do they want to wander around at night with fetish festival?.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by caracas: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2017
Giddyperson:
Why would he be arrested for practicing his tradition
So restricting ppls movement is now tradition
Chai, Some ppl should go n pray for sense or atleast look for where to buy it
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

Oga Joseph, you no dey Ikorodu, so you no go understand!

Tell me what they can't understand, people like you will come here to misinform people, it simply means stay in your house between 10pm to 5:30am, nothing else and you are here telling people what you know nothing about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Giddyperson: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2017
Henrypraise:

enforcing his tradition is treason to d Nigerian constitution, hence he shud be arrested.. hope I answered ur question
I hope you are being sarcastic. How is it treason
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by agrovick(m): 9:23am On Aug 25, 2017
Smh undecided
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2017
lawalfatai033:
Hmm proudly ikorodu ambassador, omo eluku meden meden, omo eluku meden, omo imale afeleja, omo ake nigbo ki eru ba ara ona, if u guys aren't pleased with d ancestral festival u can as well do us a favor by relocating to ur various states grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin

omo Ijede luasa, my senior officer I sight you, Awon alale awa Pelu eee, Ikorodu Agbewa ooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And Olori Memunat Pictured Together After Her Graduation / Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation / Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.