Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days (32815 Views)

No Discrimination Against Non-indigenes During Ofala Festival- Obi Of Onitsha / China Rakes In $17 Billion Off Tourism In 4 Days!!! / King Of Iworoko Ekiti Gave Up The Ghost 4 Days After The Dangote Trailer Tragedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by meforyou1(m): 11:37am On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

Go back to the east and develop your land.
if not for igbos, you will still be carrying latern in an ikorodu mud house by now. thank us for developing ikorodu with our hard earned money.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 25, 2017
ajepako:
My mother's hometown and øogun eh...

Dem no dey joke with their Eluku deity l swear...

Chai... And the guttural voice of that Eluku can make you shiiiit on yourself if your hear it even in your locked bedroom in lkorodu township..

Have you heard the voice before?

This is like their Agemo I guess. But what's up with these newly installed kings and these practises some of their predecessors tried to do away with? Is there something coming on the horizon

This thing is frightening!
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Josephjnr(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2017
OceanmorganTrix:

dey r planning 2 steal ppl's properties

The indigenes or ancestors?

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by meforyou1(m): 11:40am On Aug 25, 2017
sodiksan:

There are many part of Lagos that carry out their festival at night without informing anybody, the next day those victims will be no where to be found and nobody will know what transpired in the midnight, you should thank the good people of ikorodu for their magnanimous act by informing people earlier enough to avoid story that touch.

If you have families in Ikorodu, tell them to stay indoor from 10pm to 5.30am if you truly love them, to be forewarned is to be forearmed
if it is not criminal, why hold it at night
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 25, 2017
Josephjnr:

The indigenes or ancestors?

BOTH
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by 9jatatafo(m): 11:44am On Aug 25, 2017
e don red
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:44am On Aug 25, 2017
ayourbamie:
imagine. this kinda poo still happening in lagos. so if i live in that area now i'd have to leave my house for 4 days. iranu

That's our ikorodu for you. During the really serious oro ritual, women must not be seen outside for 3days else, na see jazz thinx. Families buy food to last d period, markets are empty, Working class women with office outside ikorodu move out of ikorodu for dat period, while those that have their offices in areas where the oro ritual will pass are given those days off. Ritual festival in ikorodu is taken more serious than governance in Aso rock
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2017
meforyou1:

because that's when the spirits roam the surface of the earth with swagger n without interference or fear of been seen by all/those with third eye
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:51am On Aug 25, 2017
sodiksan:

There are many part of Lagos that carry out their festival at night without informing anybody, the next day those victims will be no where to be found and nobody will know what transpired in the midnight, you should thank the good people of ikorodu for their magnanimous act by informing people earlier enough to avoid story that touch.

If you have families in Ikorodu, tell them to stay indoor from 10pm to 5.30am if you truly love them, to be forewarned is to be forearmed

No mind them. Let them go to benin and say such. They don't give curfew warnings during spiritual festivals n rituals in benin, they just announce that so-so is coming up on so-so date #datsall. Any indigene that walks @nyt during that time is spared but strangers dey hear am.

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Getbizzzy: 11:57am On Aug 25, 2017
But that is from 10PM to 5:30 AM and not 5:30 PM.

These reporters should be mindful of their reportage to avoid mis informing the people.

It is basically all night festivals.

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Sall(m): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2017
Henrypraise:
if dis is really coming from d home of one man called an oba n his palace, den d federal govt need to start by arresting him, wat right does he av to restrain pples movement, Nigeria is for all of us...

Arrest him for performing there traditional rite on there land right. There is no law against practicing your religion or tradition. You should have ask fg to arrest Nnamdi kalu for tormenting the federal gornverment and Nigerian as a whole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Ak75: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
Where is Gov. Ambode? is he aware of this nonsense coming from Ikorodu? As for me, I'm not going anywhere oo
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by ajepako(f): 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
Gwaihir:

Have you heard the voice before?

This is like their Agemo I guess. But what's up with these newly installed kings and these practises some of their predecessors tried to do away with? Is there something coming on the horizon

This thing is frightening!

Yes l have heard the voice before..

My maternal grandfather was a popular socialite in lkorodu town and when he died in 1985 , Eluku masquerade came to my ancestral house at midnight in his honor and l heard the voice loud and clear.

One of my aged male relatives then went out, paid homage to them and gave them gift on behalf of the family..
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
ajepako:

Yes l have heard the voice before..

My maternal grandfather was a popular socialite in lkorodu town and when he died in 1985 , Eluku masquerade came to my ancestral house at midnight in his honor and l heard the voice loud and clear.

One of my aged male relatives then went out, paid homage to them and gave them gift on behalf of the family..

You na ebora oh, you don hear ancestor voice lol shocked shocked

I thought it was a native name, didn't know it was an diety. There is this Kwam 1 song where he sang about one Eluku Gafari. Funny thing on that song, all his prayers was to God.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Rebuke: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
People, they jxt won't grow......jxt imagine every tribe havin such tradition. Wat arrant nonsense!

Only God knows the kind of dirty thinz dat'll happen during d said period. Stupid, useless and irrelevant traditions. Rubbish!

Later we will wonder why dis country is still backward. Smh
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by LeonMacJames(m): 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
This is nonsense, it was nonsense and will always be nonsense, I'm going home tonight and going out tomorrow

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by wandeykul(f): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
OMOTOWO:
Why used Berger picture for ikorodu?Wetin a wan com find for ikorodu before?since baddoo took over ,I have not gone beyond Mile 12....elekuru ko,onirobo ni
Mr man this is ikorodu roundabout
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Henrypraise: 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
Sall:

Arrest him for performing there traditional rite on there land right. There is no law against practicing your religion or tradition. You should have ask fg to arrest Nnamdi kalu for tormenting the federal gornverment and Nigerian as a whole.

my friend all lands belongs to d federal govt... n we av only one maximum ruler, General Mohammedu Buhari. Any other ruler is treason...
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Moshlaw(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
pray peace should be back in that region
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by ajepako(f): 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
Gwaihir:

You na ebora oh, you don hear ancestor voice lol shocked shocked

I thought it was a native name, didn't know it was an diety. There is this Kwam 1 song where he sang about one Eluku Gafari. Funny thing on that song, all his prayers was to God.

Eluku is a deity in lkorodu and it has its family and descendants

And as for the man you mention, Late Billie Gafar Eluku, l know the man and his grown children personally... KWAM 1 paid homage to him in his album titled Fuji Headline when he was alive and later composed another one for him when he died..

And you don't need to be an ebora, all you need is to be in lkorodu township behind closed door at midnight and you would hear it's shrieking and terrifying sound whether you are male or female, indigene or non indigene, slave or freeborn..

Its terrifying sounds doesn't hurt or kill anyone and it is not a taboo to hear it

You are safe wherever you are as long as you don't meet or face rhem

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by franesy(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
BADOO works 4 ELUKU and ELUKU works 4 BADOO undecidedBADOO works 4 ELUKU and ELUKU works 4 BADOO
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by franesy(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
ThankYouGod:
And their Eluku has no solution to Badoo menace.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
ajepako:

Eluku is a deity in lkorodu and it has its family and descendants

And as for the man you mention, Late Billie Gafar Eluku, l know the man and his grown children personally... KWAM 1 paid homage to him in his album titled Fuji Headline when he was alive and later composed another one for him when he died..

And you don't need to be an ebora, all you need is to be in lkorodu township behind closed door at midnight and you would hear it's shrieking and terrifying sound whether you are male or female, indigene or non indigene, slave or freeborn..

Its terrifying sounds doesn't hurt or kill anyone and it is not a taboo to hear it

You are safe wherever you are as long as you don't meet or face rhem

Oh I see. I like the song as per how Kwam1 was cursing on evil doers and praising the good.

Slave or freeborn? shocked, Madam we are not in the era of monarchy again oh, royals should not be seen using such term else one may come across as condescending.

You are quite versed in these native history of certain families in Yorubaland. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by caracas: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
Giddyperson:
I know your type. Your definition is civilization is American culture. You are the one who needs to stop disgracing yourself and go read up. If there's a story of Nigerian civilization what would be the contents apart from how we scrapped all our customs to follow Western civilization. As for your freedom of movement, it ends where another person's freedom of religion begins.
Thats why i talked of being educated on civilisation.
Civilisation is not westernisation.Civilisation is for everyone .The europeans n americans had their own fetish n barbaric traditions in the past that were eradicated by civilisation n replaced by westernisation
Go n read up the SYNCRETISM.
Africa needs to embrace civilisation in order to move
forward.All this rituals n fetishness in the name of tradition must stop.
A line must be drawn between Real n necessary traditions n ritualistic, barbaric traditions .
The latter must be eradicated .
As for ur opinion on freedom of movement , it shows how primitive u are .No religion has the right whatsoever to infringe on another person's right to freedom of movement. every one has the right to worship or practice whatever religion but you must not affect others with your religion.
Kapish?
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2017
Tell me more.

Naija
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by ComputerSeller: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
Giddyperson:
Why would he be arrested for practicing his tradition
Denying people their right to free movement and peaceful public congregation.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Kingspin(m): 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
How stupid Nigeria is...
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
dominique:
Yet another sensationalizedarticle created to cause unnecessary panic. All I see from the poster is a 10pm-5am curfew for two days.
All these chieftains bearing Muslim names are only Muslim by name. A true practising Muslim will never engage in such fetish stuffs.

Name is not a basis to identify someone to a particular religion, your name was given without your consent, you can grow up to follow the believe you want.

When you get to the Eluku shrine, you will meet many Joseph and Gabriel there as well
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
meforyou1:

Come and ask them at the Eluku shrine at 11:30pm tomorrow
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

That's our ikorodu for you. During the really serious oro ritual, women must not be seen outside for 3days else, na see jazz thinx. Families buy food to last d period, markets are empty, Working class women with office outside ikorodu move out of ikorodu for dat period, while those that have their offices in areas where the oro ritual will pass are given those days off. Ritual festival in ikorodu is taken more serious than governance in Aso rock

Why are you misinforming people, all what you said just a bunch of lie, the Oro festival don't affect all area in Ikorodu, even the ikorodu roundabout is not affected, only skye bank and access bank is affected by the Oro Festival all other bank and commercial activities still take place, and it's only for a day and the restriction is meant for women alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by meforyou1(m): 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
sodiksan:

Come and ask them at the Eluku shrine at 11:30pm tomorrow
and what can they do?
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by ajepako(f): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
Gwaihir:

Oh I see. I like the song as per how Kwam1 was cursing on evil doers and praising the good.

Slave or freeborn? shocked, Madam we are not in the era of monarchy again oh, royals should not be seen using such term else one may come across as condescending.

You are quite versed in these native history of certain families in Yorubaland. Thanks for the info.

It is my mother's hometown and l know it like the back of my hand..

I just don't like associating with the town because of their excessive love for juju and occultism, as well as their children's aparthy to education....

One good thing about lKorodu is.... they can PARTY!!!! Chai... For the entire Africa.. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And Olori Memunat Pictured Together After Her Graduation / Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? / Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.