Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days (32810 Views)

No Discrimination Against Non-indigenes During Ofala Festival- Obi Of Onitsha / China Rakes In $17 Billion Off Tourism In 4 Days!!! / King Of Iworoko Ekiti Gave Up The Ghost 4 Days After The Dangote Trailer Tragedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nova01(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2017
lawalfatai033:
Hmm proudly ikorodu ambassador, omo eluku meden meden, omo eluku meden, omo imale afeleja, omo ake nigbo ki eru ba ara ona, if u guys aren't pleased with d ancestral festival u can as well do us a favor by relocating to ur various states grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin
you are validated tell them all this one no sabi..... they will j7st be running there mouth

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by ikorodureporta: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2017
flyca:
No wonder that Nairandress rejected the proposal of his rich suitor that was moving to Ikorodu a few days ago cheesy grin

cheesy
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by clemzo101(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2017
Why didn't dey add the Nigerian police too that are not indigenes too......so the gods are scared of the police? Dere will definitely be police patrol
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Giddyperson: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2017
caracas:

So restricting ppls movement is now tradition
Chai, Some ppl should go n pray for sense or atleast look for where to buy it
You are person being senseless here. What's so difficult about staying at home at night. You can suggest that government should negotiate with them to start a little later and close a bit earlier so that others can go about their normal businesses. If it's called Halloween now all of you would join the bandwagon

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2017
uglodoh:

27th Is Sunday and it is not affected and moreover the festival is not in every part of Ikorodu. [s]Movements are restricted on the days of the festivals both day and night[/s] The op that reported this didn't do justice at all to it. I just asked my husband who hangs out with ikorodu indigenes, he said he is not aware of the festival.

We are even lucky here that they announce theirs what of other parts of Lagos they do not announce theirs and they carry out killings.

I lived in ebute metta for more than 30 years, I never knew they do something like that until a girl came to church to give a testimony how she narrowly escaped death at Oto where a similar festival was taking place.

Just be security conscious in Lagos as long as ritual killing is concerned.
point of correction
Movements are not restricted in the day time, only at night within 10pm - 5:30am
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by vickydevoka(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2017
yoruba Muslims are always troublesome. why?

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Trendishine: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2017
sodiksan:

Some of you kids on Nairaland will just talk as if your sense is absent. If you doubt them come to Ikorodu in the midnight and see how all this grammar you blew above will deal with you.

Simple don't come out in the mid-night you will turn it to something else as if it's normal for people to wander around at night. For your information not all indigene of Ikorodu can participate in the festival
ediots, dats y u and ur ofonja obas should issue threats to people.. Is 10pm midnight? What if people travelling from far distance without such information, arrive late n find themselves in ikorodu, u and ur oba masqueraders wld behead them na?, ryt? Ediots... U would be quick to come here n call people kids, but how much have ur socalled practice contributed to d development in ur village, or helped in d human development in ur area, or alleviate the suffering of ur indegenes in ikorodu since its days of practise? ...instead na issue of comcom threat na im ur chlime they sabi do.. Una wan do rituals for night?.. Y not quietly do it in peace, live n let live..u want to run it at nyt, start by 11to intimate ppl and peacefully practise all nyt..putting all possibilties into perspective.. Instead of issuing threats with command as if u dictate wat people should do...mumu, they are differences between threats snd cautionary warning.. Una manner of spelling it out sef is savagery.. una no fit even issue organised threat... If it was as simple as u say it, wld people complain.?...mentally enslaved afonjas...
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by caracas: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2017
Giddyperson:
You are person being senseless here. What's so difficult about staying at home at night. You can suggest that government should negotiate with them to start a little later and close a bit earlier so that others can go about their normal businesses. If it's called Halloween now all of you would join the bandwagon
U need Some lectures about civilisation
Particularly ,fundamental freedom of movement .
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 25, 2017
jumpandpas:

If it is not normal for people to wander around at night as u said, why do they want to wander around at night with fetish festival?.

There are many part of Lagos that carry out their festival at night without informing anybody, the next day those victims will be no where to be found and nobody will know what transpired in the midnight, you should thank the good people of ikorodu for their magnanimous act by informing people earlier enough to avoid story that touch.

If you have families in Ikorodu, tell them to stay indoor from 10pm to 5.30am if you truly love them, to be forewarned is to be forearmed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by ikorodureporta: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2017
Acidosis:
Nairaland mods should always scrutinize posts before placing on front page.

This topic is too sensational. Non indigenes were not barred for 4 days as reportedly posted by the wannabie illiterate behind that handle. The notice from HRM reads '2 days' 10:00pm - 5:30am.

Where is 4 days coming from? The OP took his cra.ziness too far by further posting 10:00pm - 5pm? It is 5:30am not 5pm has wrongly cited by the illiterate OP.

I'm not from Ikorodu, I don't live there, I also do not support such measures just to appease to some insa.ne gods but, as much as possible, we must avoid posting unscrutinzed over-sensational issues and falsehood from unscrupulous elements like OP.

cc: Seun

u guyz keep saying op. It isnt my write-up pls. Check the source, d error must have come from there, besides i didnt design the graphics! Merging d write-up & graphics gives a clue of d message.....right?
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2017
Trendishine:
ediots, dats y u and ur ofonja obas should issue threats to people.. Is 10pm midnight? What if people travelling from far distance without such information, arrive late n find themselves in ikorodu, u and ur oba masqueraders wld behead them na?, ryt? Ediots... U would be quick to come here n call people kids, but how much have ur socalled practice contributed to d development in ur village, or helped in d human development in ur area, or alleviate the suffering of ur indegenes in ikorodu since its days of practise? ...instead na issue of comcom threat na im ur chlime they sabi do.. Una wan do rituals for night?.. Y not quietly do it in peace, live n let live..u want to run it at nyt, start by 11to intimate ppl and peacefully practise all nyt..putting all possibilties into perspective.. Instead of issuing threats with command as if u dictate wat people should do... Una manner of spelling it out is savagery.. una no fit even issue organised threat... If it was as simple as u say it, wld people complain.?...mentally enslaved afonjas...

But seriously I can't help than laugh at your rank of ssttuuppiiddttyy, you are talking about development, which state and local government are you from?? ? If you like wail till next 3 days nothing will change the curfew, if you love your people give the information a wide publicity to avoid story that touch, your wailing can't help anybody. And to your defamotry statements, it only shows you are from the wailers tribe.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2017
caracas:

What's your definition of civilization, you don't know Jack
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Wisebisho: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2017
Its time for Government to look into all this God dam festivals and put a stop on it.. We are in a new age but some people are still dwelling on the things of the past.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Trendishine: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2017
sodiksan:

But seriously I can't help than laugh at your rank of ssttuuppiiddttyy, you are talking about development, which state and local government are you from?? ? If you like wail till next 3 days nothing will change the curfew, if you love your people give the information a wide publicity to avoid story that touch, your wailing can't help anybody. And to your defamotry statements, it only shows you are from the wailers tribe.
mumu, ur indolence is thick, afonja or not, u are naturally dumb, trust me.... See d mumu, he's even ephoric being an ediot.... Nuuumbskuulls.. Kai, brown roof nomads.. ..very predictable.. .making comparisms as excuses on defence of dia dumbness...
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by ikorodureporta: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2017
uglodoh:

I live in Ikorodu and most of the activities are done in the night but to be saved people do not go at all on those stipulated days. The festival is not every part of Ikorodu. If this particular is true which I am even in doubt, it will only take place on 26th and 29th of August.

Moreover Nigeria constitution recognises traditional religion. Public holidays are declared for sallah and Christmas and other celebration.

Ikorodu own is just too much; affecting businesses. The new Obas of Ikorodu and Igbogbo are not helping matters.

ikorodu's oro is not @ night alone. This year i know they'v done daytime oro not less than twice...

I dnt hav issues with their night oro, but d the time shld b adjusted to about 11.30pm - 4.30am for d sake of those leaving early & returning late @ night. My issue with dem is when oro is done during the day. How do u restrict people esp women from movt, closing down all businesses & schools because of oro? ....& u see dem smoking weeds, drinking alcohols, extorting vehicle owners & okadas and beating up whoeva fails to comply. The govt needs to stop this nonsense.... I wl try & get their picture to this platform for you all to see d nonsense called oro in ikorodu...izzit part of Lagos Mega-city plan??
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Uzyvicks(f): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2017
Y were u guys not able to save the slain ones whose blood were used for ritual. Yeye pipo
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by jumpandpas(m): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2017
sodiksan:

There are many part of Lagos that carry out their festival at night without informing anybody, the next day those victims will be no where to be found and nobody will know what transpired in the midnight, you should thank the good people of ikorodu for their magnanimous act by informing people earlier enough to avoid story that touch.

If you have families in Ikorodu, tell them to stay indoor from 10pm to 5.30am if you truly love them, to be forewarned is to be forearmed

You guys should thank your creator than I am not in Ikorodu, I have dealt with their Ojo counterparts years back and I will do it again. Pls notify me when this useless and fetish festival will be held in Okota area, that day the gods will run mad when I finish dealing with them. I single handedly dealt and disgraced one Fearful and deadly masquerade in my community and today, no one fears it again. Yeyedeysmell.

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Giddyperson: 10:21am On Aug 25, 2017
caracas:

I know your type. Your definition is civilization is American culture. You are the one who needs to stop disgracing yourself and go read up. If there's a story of Nigerian civilization what would be the contents apart from how we scrapped all our customs to follow Western civilization. As for your freedom of movement, it ends where another person's freedom of religion begins.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by morisnewrain(m): 10:24am On Aug 25, 2017
ThankYouGod:
And their Eluku has no solution to Badoo menace.
Nothing like badoo, Eluku is the one using badoo. They are blood suckers. Most of Ikorodu male indigenes are cultists. Like parents like children. That is why they can't eradicate cultism
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Henrypraise: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2017
Giddyperson:
I hope you are being sarcastic. How is it treason

no m not, is d man called oba sarcastic? did d federal govt say pple shudnt go out dat day?
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by morisnewrain(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2017
See their names; Kabiru, Nurudeen & so on. After the Eluku on Tuesday, they will still go to Eid and Jumat on Friday that follows the Eluku festival. Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Giddyperson: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2017
Henrypraise:

no m not, is d man called oba sarcastic? did d federal govt say pple shudnt go out dat day?
No they didn't. So be there that day. Don't be late
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by kobijacobs(m): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2017
i will enter ikorodu after 10pm, there is nothing u can do....mtcheww
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by bellville: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2017
OMOTOWO:
Why used Berger picture for ikorodu?Wetin a wan com find for ikorodu before?since baddoo took over ,I have not gone beyond Mile 12....elekuru ko,onirobo ni
You made me laugh out @ elekuru ko, onirobo ni
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by jojothaiv(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2017
sodiksan:

Tell me what they can't understand, people like you will come here to misinform people, it simply means stay in your house between 10pm to 5:30am, nothing else and you are here telling people what you know nothing about.
Thanks a lot! The guy wey i quote no reply sef..

"We see what we need to see"
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by naturalman: 10:54am On Aug 25, 2017
kn23h:

Go back to the east and develop your land.
Are you from ikorodu
Oshogbo boy claiming Lagos.....thieves
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2017
uglodoh:

27th Is Sunday and it is not affected and moreover the festival is not in every part of Ikorodu. Movements are restricted on the days of the festivals both day and night. The op that reported this didn't do justice at all to it. I just asked my husband who hangs out with ikorodu indigenes, he said he is not aware of the festival.

We are even lucky here that they announce theirs what of other parts of Lagos they do not announce theirs and they carry out killings.

I lived in ebute metta for more than 30 years, I never knew they do something like that until a girl came to church to give a testimony how she narrowly escaped death at Oto where a similar festival was taking place.

Just be security conscious in Lagos as long as ritual killing is concerned.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by dominique(f): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2017
Yet another sensationalizedarticle created to cause unnecessary panic. All I see from the poster is a 10pm-5am curfew for two days.
All these chieftains bearing Muslim names are only Muslim by name. A true practising Muslim will never engage in such fetish stuffs.
Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by farem: 11:35am On Aug 25, 2017
charleff512:
Ikorodu Again! This Place Does Not Fit To Be In The Map Of Lagos.

I think we need some bulldozers to come in and format the place. We need new beginning and not these dark ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 25, 2017
Josephjnr:
I think they meant,stay in your house.

Don't see how one will really tell me to leave my own house for days because of some dead ancestors that refused to stay dead.

dey r planning 2 steal ppl's properties

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And Olori Memunat Pictured Together After Her Graduation / Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? / Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.