Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman (28609 Views)

Imo Monachs Tell FG To Allow Nnamdi Kanu Come Home To Bury His Mother / Yerima Shettima: North Won’t Succumb To Blackmail On 2023 / Kanti Bello: North Won’t Vote Buhari, We’ll Shop For Candidate With No Vendetta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by UfuomaUN(m): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
Elbowroom:

You be mumu

Look at borno state map and look at Eastern states below

Ewu gambia

Ewu Yobe. Anuohia

use your eyes and gauge the size of Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Abia, and Ebonyi together and tell me if Borno looks 7 times larger.

Hausa goat self get brain pass u

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Josephjnr(m): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
EasyWork001:

See this one forming wisdom cheesy

Go and change a murdering almajiri or herdsman's mind first, before coming here to form smart. People like you are all about talk, no positive action

Killing for our own benefit is in our nature as humans. Easterners kill too. Note: Talking is one of the greatest aspects of action.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by chinonye82: 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
MY ONE AND ONLY PRAYER IS LET ALMIGHTY GOD APPROVE BIAFRA. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT THE NORTH SAY. ARE THEY GOD? Na who give them mouth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
igbeke:
They won't allow him because they want to remain parasite feeding fat on the South till eternity.
Its OK, ride on.
I used to wonder anytime you idiots called Northerners parasites, come to the north here,70% of Igbo's are here in the north,some do not have any inheritance in the east or south,check the population of northerers in the east and south compare that of the south/east,then tell me who is feeding on who?

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Edu3Again: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
Platinumay:
Hmmm... Biafra started a civil war in a country that gained independence less than seven years ago, the war lasted for 3 years. Over 3 million citizens killed. In a country that just gained independence!

Okay, let's do a quick review.

What are the consequences of a civil war in a country ?

Now I see what we are still paying for today.

Don't quote me if ur brain is too shallow to comprehend.
Biafra did not start the war.
Biafra simply said that as they are killing igbos in the North, they are leaving.
When they left, Nigeria came to fight

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Obdk: 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
who be north?
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by CioAngels(f): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
luvinhubby:
This man is speaking half truths.

Aburi was an outstanding agreement that Gowon reneged from, blaming Ojukwu for 'demanding for confederation or war's shows Unongo as a liar. The war was caused by 2 things, dishonesty of Gowon to Aburi accord & the ceaseless bloodletting of Southerners in the North & both are traceable to the North.

The civil war ended on the 3 Rs of Gowon and till date, none of the 3 Rs has been implemented, so blame those who reneged on the agreements for the recent resurgence of Biafra and no one else.
You are very right.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
Josephjnr:

Killing for our own benefit is in our nature as humans. Easterners kill too. Note: Talking is one of the greatest aspects of action.

So you stand for murder. I thought so cry

Abeg can everybody note what this excuse for a human being just said? After now, you will deny that your are an animal

Go and baf u smell of blood

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by MalcoImX: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
UfuomaUN:

Borno is about twice the size of the South East or thereabouts. Look up the political map of Nigeria. His claim was at best a mischievous exaggeration
No mischief is intended. He got it off the mark. That's why I say he is wrong on the detail. But still, two times... or thereabout as you claim is still 'many times'.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by modsfucker: 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
igbeke:

The west, east and south. One thing unites them: they are the bread winners. They serve as the Host on which others prey and parasite on. Now they are all fed up and need to take a lasting break.

Should Nigeria disintegrate, you mean the middle belt will want to remain with the core north or they are going to be compelled to do so? Oh, so you can continue to have and use them as willing tools? This is no longer 1960s my brother.

The Yorubas, igbos and the NDs may have their differences, but such differences are more of social media things. You hardly see them raise hands on each other in form of violence. With mutual respect and understanding, and with a constitution that truly represents their interest, they can thrive as a people both economically and socially.

However, I must admit that a fully restructured Nigeria would be better for us all than outright disintegration.

Let me give you a privileged information. Even in the Niger Delta, oil producing communities look down on Non-oil producing ones and we are not unaware of the several boundary disputes between communities in the South-South - East which often claims scores of lives.

In my opinion, let this country split cos with the way things are always ethnically and religiously viewed by majority of citizens, division is the only way out.

Those who think oil is everything should take a clue from the South-Sudan. What they have now are warlords controlling different areas and I believe this would be the case with the ND.

With Agriculture, Solid minerals and painstaking crude oil prospects, Arewa would be more peaceful, self-sufficient and developed.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by MichaelBlake40: 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
okochaik:
It is truly shameful to be a northerner. How can you be begging to remain on when it is obvious that those people hate you guys to the core. Begging to remain with your enermy WTF. Or is there any reason why northern people want Ibos to remain?. I have asked many Hausa people this question and still yet to have a reply

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by speakingbeing(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
about it and
sort out. Ojukwu said let us go to Aburi and I would stand on
Aburi and everybody said take Aburi; then something changed
and he said give me confederation now or give me war. They
were young people; both Ojukwu and Gowon were colonels.
They told Ojukwu take federalism, let us dialogue and Ojukwu
said no, let us fight and they now said, okay, if you fight, I
would respond. And we saw these things for two years
between 1967 through 1968. Then you have young persons
who did not see what happened going around and matured
people making the young boy feel that he is something
special. They are using half the idioms that Ojukwu used.
They speak half the English that Ojukwu spoke and they see
delivering the message less than the way Ojukwu delivered it
and people are saying let us go to war.

You can never be deserved writer with out garnishing your comments with facts as far as am concerned ,this epistle is a big trash meant for the waste bin. How can Ojukwu ask for federalism and it was giving to him
And he wanted war?This is the reason why Nigeria can not be together because of bias, ingenuin history and ethnic bigots.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by sddiamond: 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
Damibiz:
Imagin,is that how u want to achieve Ziafra ?...no respect for elders at all
Elder that is blinded with hatred and jealousy, is that one elder? Since when did succession defined as a drum of war? Only in Nigeria, Elder pls go back to school.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by UfuomaUN(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
MalcoImX:
No mischief is intended. He got it off the mark. That's why I say he is wrong on the detail. But still, two times... or thereabout as you claim is still 'many times'.

bro "two times larger" isn't the same as "many". Although I agree "he probably got it off the mark"
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by frleopardo: 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Bros first of all Jews are not necessarily Hebrews or Israelites. A Jew is anyone that practices Judaism as a religion. While Hebrews are the people of the Judaism God in the olden days as reported by the Bible.

Egyptians today are not suffering and , they are also not less developed than Israel and the modern day Egypt are Arabs.

On a final note, who is Pharoah

What is his name??

Egyptian history is secured n well written n is over 5000 years old. mention the name of that Pharoah in the Bible let's know if he ever existed...

jew is a tribe of Israelite and Hebrew. People who practice Judaism are judaist. Educate yourself.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by bibe(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Bros first of all Jews are not necessarily Hebrews or Israelites. A Jew is anyone that practices Judaism as a religion. While Hebrews are the people of the Judaism God in the olden days as reported by the Bible.

Egyptians today are not suffering and , they are also not less developed than Israel and the modern day Egypt are Arabs.

On a final note, who is Pharoah

What is his name??

Egyptian history is secured n well written n is over 5000 years old. mention the name of that Pharoah in the Bible let's know if he ever existed...

To be a Jew, you must be of the Hebrew/Israeli stock. Practicing Judaism doesn't make you a Jew.
Just making a correction.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by thoth: 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
yet when Fulani people massacre the Middle Beltans and i laugh at them, most people will take their hypocritical ass out in the sun to brand me conscienceless, These people are meant to be USED,ABUSED, and ENSLAVED.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by CioAngels(f): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2017
Why are these people talking as if other regions are answerable to them and not thinking to achieve one goal? When the old speaks, they say, the North will not agree, same, when their children speaks. Where the might is coming from, i can't see. Pa unougo said they met at gboko, where ojukwu and buhari killed biafra issues, pa buhari did not see that, as that is a case closed based on friendship, yet, they are still referred to as 5%ters. Pa unougo said, The warlords agreed on "Aburi we Stand" and something happened, why should pa unougo not tell us that which happened? I can now see why our leaders wanted history dead so the young ones will not know there criminal activeties. Why not tell the children of today and the future that thing that happened, so they will understand that agreements are to be kept to avoid wars, becos you people had to coerce pa gowon to renege on the gentlemen agreements to suit you, then the needless war came. Today, you exonerate pa gowon and sent ojukwu to the cleaners. Ipob is to be erased from the surface the world for peaceful protest for fulani herdsmen who are raping, maiming and killing Nigerian nonfulanis to live. It is Sad. By the way i am not from the east.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by bibe(m): 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
Elbowroom:

You be mumu

Look at borno state map and look at Eastern states below

Ewu gambia

Maps actually don't present the true scale of things.

Looking at maps you may think US, China or Russia is as big as Africa (sometimes I believe that's what gives some Europeans and Americans the erroneous thinking that Africa is a country) but it isn't.

On the issue at hand, Bornu is approx 57,799km2 and the South East is approx 40,000km2. Now that's not even close to double it's size.

I really don't know what this Paul Unongo is up to but most of the information (at least 70%) in that transcript is false.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
citizenY:

So , who is the parasite?
Igbos are service providers and developers, not parasites as you are insinuating. Look at Computer Village Lagos for example. This Igbo-backed mega enterprise pumps in NGN1.5 Billion into the economy each day.

The property value of the area has increased as a result of Igbo-backed Computer Village. If South Africa's Shoprite is not a parasite, why should Alaba, Ladipo and co be called parasites?
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by igbeke: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
AntiIPOB:
I used to wonder anytime you idiots called Northerners parasites, come to the north here,70% of Igbo's are here in the north,some do not have any inheritance in the east or south,check the population of northerers in the east and south compare that of the south/east,then tell me who is feeding on who?

You don't seem to get it.
The Igbo man in the north is not working in any government parastata. He does his private business, pays taxes and levies to your state and local governments; something some northerners don't do. He doesn't depend on ur government to live, rather your government depends on him for IGR.

If he leaves today, that will not translate into automatic employment for you; rather it will become a minus to your Internally Generated Revenue.

The case is not like that here in the South.
Northerners occupy most of the agencies:
Custom, immigration, DPR, Weight and Measure, Nigeria army, police, air force, CBN, NNPC, etc.

If the north leaves today, it becomes a big plus for the south as we are the sole contributors to the national treasury. Your departure will metamophorsis into more jobs, rapid growth and development, etc for us.
No more quota system, no more Federal Allocation. Everything will be on meritorious ground.

So tell me, would I still be an idiot for calling you a parasite? It even irk me more to know you are ungrateful.

2 Likes

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Eluwilussit(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
luvinhubby:
This man is speaking half truths.

Aburi was an outstanding agreement that Gowon reneged from, blaming Ojukwu for 'demanding for confederation or war's shows Unongo as a liar. The war was caused by 2 things, dishonesty of Gowon to Aburi accord & the ceaseless bloodletting of Southerners in the North & both are traceable to the North.

The civil war ended on the 3 Rs of Gowon and till date, none of the 3 Rs has been implemented, so blame those who reneged on the agreements for the recent resurgence of Biafra and no one else.

God bless you. They think because some of us were born after the war, that we don't know the facts. We read history. Unongo the idiiot stated that "something" changed, lol. Why is it difficult to mention that "something " that changed by its name?

Gowon and the north caused the crisis. Idiots are afraid of war. History is full of war. China had hundreds of it before they became united. War is human nature. If another war is the price of true federalism or confederacy, well, let us pay it. Great nations are built with sweat and blood.

Canada and USA fought bitter wars. Today, they respect each other. The problem with Nigeria is that the north has so raped most of the constituent members of the union to stupor, to the point that they have come to accept it. Otherwise, isn't this an opportunity for the niger delta, middle belt and the Oduduwa republic proponents to rise up and challenge the skewed setup that favours only the north?

Nnamdi Kanu is as guilty as Buhari himself, who once promised us the blood of dogs and baboons and to make Nigeria ungovernable. Nigerians are cowards. It is high time we stood up to the north. This is 2017 and not 1967. Why didn't anyone hold Buhari accountable for the post election massacre of Nigerians in 2011? Bloody hypocrites, all northerners. angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
Jflex07:
And who made you the spokesperson of all igbos. Speak for yourself Mr man,

And who told you we are not speaking out the thougts of millions of Igbos? Igbodefender stands with the silent majority.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
igbeke:

You don't seem to get it.
The Igbo man in the north is not working in any government parastata. He does his private business, pays taxes and levies to your state and local governments; something some northerners don't do. He doesn't depend on ur government to live, rather your government depends on him for IGR.

If he leaves today, that will not translate into automatic employment for you; rather it will become a minus to your Internally Generated Revenue.

The case is not like that here in the South.
Northerners occupy most of the agencies:
Custom, immigration, DPR, Weight and Measure, Nigeria army, police, air force, CBN, NNPC, etc.

If the north leaves today, it becomes a big plus for the south as we are the sole contributors to the national treasury. More jobs, more development, etc.
No more quota system, no more Federal Allocation. Everything will be on meritorious ground.

So tell me, would I still be an idiot for calling you a parasite? It even irk me more to know you are ungrateful.
I repeat, 60% of Igbo's are up north,why? what are they doing here if it is not to find food?

You called Northers parasite and I said you guys are more of the parasite than the north,you live here,got married here,build houses here,but the reverse is the case,if I ask you now you will call oil money but Nigeria exist many years before the discovery of oil.

Quit notice is given,take it and leave let's see who will lagh last.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Elbowroom: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2017
bibe:

Maps actually don't present the true scale of things.

Looking at maps you may think US, China or Russia is as big as Africa (sometimes I believe that's what gives some Europeans and Americans the erroneous thinking that Africa is a country) but it isn't.

On the issue at hand, Bornu is approx 57,799km2 and the South East is approx 40,000km2. Now that's not even close to double it's size.

I really don't know what this Paul Unongo is up to but most of the information (at least 70%) in that transcript is false.

You are brainless to think map don't reveal the truth

Either its double or single... Borno state alone Is bigger than the entire South East.. .
That's the point...

Mumu
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Elbowroom: 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
UfuomaUN:

Ewu Yobe. Anuohia

use your eyes and gauge the size of Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Abia, and Ebonyi together and tell me if Borno looks 7 times larger.

Hausa goat self get brain pass u

Yoruba

Albino hunchback Nnamdi kanu don use your skull drink ogogoro
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Elbowroom: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
FemiMaduka:
Jeez! Did you just call some one 'ewu Gambia'? Please look closely at the map and tell us if Borno state is seven times the size of the Southeast! Make sure you come back and tell us who is the real 'ewu Gambia:.. This is serious!

The point is, borno state is bigger than the entire South East

That's the point

Now you can run back to your mama to suck leprosy out of her udders
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by igbeke: 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2017
modsfucker:

Let me give you a privileged information. Even in the Niger Delta, oil producing communities look down on Non-oil producing ones and we are not unaware of the several boundary disputes between communities in the South-South - East which often claims scores of lives.

In my opinion, let this country split cos with the way things are always ethnically and religiously viewed by majority of citizens, division is the only way out.

Those who think oil is everything should take a clue from the South-Sudan. What they have now are warlords controlling different areas and I believe this would be the case with the ND.

With Agriculture, Solid minerals and painstaking crude oil prospects, Arewa would be more peaceful, self-sufficient and developed.

I didn't see the so-called "privileged information". Nobody looks down on anybody here, OK? Oil not the only thing we have going on.

Why is it that each time SS people complained about national issues, your next line will be " it's because of the oil"? Without the oil we are still very good to go.

Now look at; I am a 24 carat, full fledged Edolite. We don't talk much of oil here, yet we have one of the most viable states in Nigeria. Perhaps more economically viable than Kano. The IGRs speak volume. We are not there yet. I know if our potentials are fully unleashed, it can only be better.

Borders dispute is as old as the creation. It will continue to come up. But among civilise peoples like us, that should not be a reason to go to war.

With agriculture, we can all be great. Edo have enough rich land to feed the citizens of SS. Where there is deficiency, we can always source for it from the north.

As for the peaceful north you envisaged, I doubt if that can ever be attained in the north. You know as well as I do that northerners are NOT peaceful people.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by pstnicodemus(m): 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
sarrki:
Paul unongo. Address the issue of Fulani herdsmen first

Its Nigeria thing not north

So watch your tongue sire
he did a long time ago, went as far as buying cows to give to Fulani's, cos they claimed the Tiv people stole from them. see ehn, wetin we want for this country sef we no know and we have no idea where the country is going. let's just live each day as it comes and hope for a better tomorrow
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by cjrane: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Aufbauh:
Like i said thinking that Biafra will be achieve during Buhari's regime is the most pathetic and pitiful thought of the century.

Although why i shared the innermost sentiments of Mr President & have never for once give credence to the present agitation by Ipob is that the movement was an obvious fallout of the 2015 election.

Maybe after Buhari's regime and they continue with this vigour i might believe their struggles,but for now it is the TAN-PDP converted opposition led by an ignorant fraudster.

Personally, i would prefer a united Nigeria where every region can manage their affairs while central affairs such as defence, foreign affairs, inter-regional trade are regulated by the FG. That way, no region or tribe can blame another for the lack of development in their region because they can very well build their own roads, railway lines, airports, elect their governors, LGA chairmen etc without interference from the ruling tribe in Abuja.

But, You are living in dreamland to think the agitation will stop even if Buhari kills 1000 people or kills or jail Nnamdi Kanu. The cat is already out of the bag and we know Fulanis conspired with the military regimes to write the 1999 Decree called "Constitution" just to enslave the south. You can bet that it will not continue Nnamdi Kanu or No Nnamdi Kanu.

2 Likes

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by bibe(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
Elbowroom:

You are brainless to think map don't reveal the truth

Either its double or single... Borno state alone Is bigger than the entire South East.. .
That's the point...

Mumu

I am going to ignore your insults as I was under the impression I was having a constructive argument with a mature being.

You only summarised my point in your second paragraph which was to counter the initial claim of the interviewee.

As for your first paragraph, educate yourself with this:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Africa-so-small-on-the-map

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s Govt Disowns President’s Aide On Modu Sheriff Appointment / Protesting Youths Attack Travellers, Kill Kaduna Resident / Photos And Video From The Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.