Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman (28608 Views)

Imo Monachs Tell FG To Allow Nnamdi Kanu Come Home To Bury His Mother / Yerima Shettima: North Won’t Succumb To Blackmail On 2023 / Kanti Bello: North Won’t Vote Buhari, We’ll Shop For Candidate With No Vendetta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by modsfucker: 10:55am On Aug 26, 2017
igbeke:
They won't allow him because they want to remain parasite feeding fat on the South till eternity.
Its OK, ride on.

South comprises three major sub-regions. Can you be a bit more specific?

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Elbowroom: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2017
luvinhubby:
This man is speaking half truths.

Aburi was an outstanding agreement that Gowon reneged from, blaming Ojukwu for 'demanding for confederation or war's shows Unongo as a liar. The war was caused by 2 things, dishonesty of Gowon to Aburi accord & the ceaseless bloodletting of Southerners in the North & both are traceable to the North.

The civil war ended on the 3 Rs of Gowon and till date, none of the 3 Rs has been implemented, so blame those who reneged on the agreements for the recent resurgence of Biafra and no one else.

And you are there live and present when all these happen?
Or you are just spewing rubbish to sound relevant?

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by igbeke: 11:07am On Aug 26, 2017
modsfucker:

South comprises three major sub-regions. Can you be a bit more specific?

The whole of South, my brother.
The whole of South.
BTW they are regions and not subregions.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Elbowroom: 11:10am On Aug 26, 2017
UfuomaUN:
I stopped reading when he said Borno is seven times the size of the SE. This man obviously doesn't know his maps how much more understand the severity of the problem on ground

You be mumu

Look at borno state map and look at Eastern states below

Ewu gambia

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by komekn(m): 11:12am On Aug 26, 2017
Josephjnr:

Apart from stopping Nigerians parasitic feeding as you said from the South,which other significant change will actualization of Biafra bring? I think changing our minds first,is the likely solution to Nigeria's problem.

This is one of the most pertinent, substance driven and intelligent proposition questions, I have come across concerning this discourse on this forum so far.

THANK YOU.

This would be a more constructive approach for intelligent people to follow.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by perez100: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2017
This man said 'Why North Won't Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On' and not Why Nigeria Won't Allow .,,,, My question - Is Nigeria only belong to North? So proud!
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by igbeke: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2017
UfuomaUN:
I stopped reading when he said Borno is seven times the size of the SE. This man obviously doesn't know his maps how much more understand the severity of the problem on ground

Borno is ten times the size of Southeast yet Southeast is one of those breastfeeding the whole northeast.
What an irony!

It's high time these people knew that a country is not considered relevant by its size but buy its viability.
And in this case, its economic viability.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Cooly100: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2017
Josephjnr:

Apart from stopping Nigerians parasitic feeding as you said from the South,which other significant change will actualization of Biafra bring? I think changing our minds first,is the likely solution to Nigeria's problem.

How can you be asking this dumb question...? What will be wrong if you have another capital city in the eastern part in the mode of Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Kigali, etc, etc....?
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by FemiMaduka(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2017
Elbowroom:

You be mumu

Look at borno state map and look at Eastern states below

Ewu gambia
Jeez! Did you just call some one 'ewu Gambia'? Please look closely at the map and tell us if Borno state is seven times the size of the Southeast! Make sure you come back and tell us who is the real 'ewu Gambia:.. This is serious!
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Yyeske(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2017
igbeke:
They won't allow him because they want to remain parasite feeding fat on the South till eternity.
Its OK, ride on.
Do you have crude oil in your village?
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by 2016v2017: 11:34am On Aug 26, 2017
Jilo83:
epistle
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Jflex07(m): 11:34am On Aug 26, 2017
igbodefender:
The Igbos prefer to remain in Nigeria because we control a market of 185 million people. Such economic advantage is very hard to come by.
And who made you the spokesperson of all igbos. Speak for yourself Mr man,
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by kindklemz(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2017
luvinhubby:
This man is speaking half truths.

Aburi was an outstanding agreement that Gowon reneged from, blaming Ojukwu for 'demanding for confederation or war's shows Unongo as a liar. The war was caused by 2 things, dishonesty of Gowon to Aburi accord & the ceaseless bloodletting of Southerners in the North & both are traceable to the North.

The civil war ended on the 3 Rs of Gowon and till date, none of the 3 Rs has been implemented, so blame those who reneged on the agreements for the recent resurgence of Biafra and no one else.

As usual, they always will claim to be right all the times and push the blames to other people.
A pathetic set of people.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Anayordike(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2017
I have never insulted anyone here and hate to do so. But this old punk of Paul unoongo is a parasite of hopelessness to his people.
It is an insult for him to open his mouth to say that borno state is bigger than the whole of South East. How dare you pual? And he went on to add Adamawa. Who told you that Adamawa is bigger than the whole South East? Old men are known by the wisdom they display. But not this pual. Poor northern parasite.

When has it become a crime for some people to ask for their rights of existence? I am not an IPOB member nor Nnamdi Kanu's spoke person. But let the truth be said. People like pual unoongo have been misrepresenting Nnamdi Kanu and IPod peaceful agitation. There has never been a time when IPOB OR KANU called for war the Nigeria state. Posterity will judge everyone of us.

A wise government will give ear to their demands and see how things will settled amicably. And some people are some where vomiting trash like this pual.

IPOB AND KANU said they want REFERENDUM in the South East. Which I think is their right. I think what the government should do is to conduct the referendum and see for themselves how many Eastern ears that want exit from Nigeria. Simple as that. Unless if there's something else they want from the Igbo nation.
Before the amalgamation of different ethnic nationalities into Nigeria, the Igbo nation as well as Yoruba, Hausa etc have been living and governing themselves. So if Igbo or any other group wants to exist from Nigeria so be it. There is no reason whatsoever to keep a friend who is no longer interested in your company.

Nigerians are selfish people that is why they are berated of truth. Denial of truth is not the end of it.

If Igbo and others are still talking about about Biafra after 50 years, then there is more to it. I required sober reflection and heart searching. Has the Nigerian state being fair to the Igbo? Have they not marginalised the Igbo for more than 50 year?

STOP RELATING EVERY MENTION OF BIAFRA TO WAR.
IF YORUBAS ARE PROUD TO BE CALLED ỌMỌ ODÙDUWÀ.
IF HAUSA ARE PROUD TO BE CALLED ARẸWÀ.

THEN NDỊ IGBO SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE CALLED BIAFRANS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by 2016v2017: 11:37am On Aug 26, 2017
igbeke:
Its OK, ride on.
don't mind the good for nothing lizards

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by kindklemz(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2017
igbeke:

Borno is ten times the size of Southeast yet Southeast is one of those breastfeeding the whole northeast.
What an irony!

It's high time these people knew that a country is not considered relevant by its size but buy its viability.
And in this case, its economic viability.

South East breastfeeding the North? With what kwanu?
You guys like hyping yourselves up for nothing.
South East is as poor as the poorest village in the North.
Apart from buying and selling, what else do you have?
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by 2016v2017: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2017
Anayordike:
I have never insulted anyone here and hate to do so. But this old punk of Paul unoongo is a parasite of hopelessness to his people.
It is an insult for him to open his mouth to say that borno state is bigger than the whole of South East. How dare you pual? And he went on to add Adamawa. Who told you that Adamawa is bigger than the whole South East? Old men are known by the wisdom they display. But not this pual. Poor northern parasite.

When has it become a crime for some people to ask for their rights of existence? I am not an IPOB member nor Nnamdi Kanu's spoke person. But let the truth be said. People like pual unoongo have been misrepresenting Nnamdi Kanu and IPod peaceful agitation. There has never been a time when IPOB OR KANU called for war the Nigeria state. Posterity will judge everyone of us.

A wise government will give ear to their demands and see how things will settled amicably. And some people are some where vomiting trash like this pual.

IPOB AND KANU said they want REFERENDUM in the South East. Which I think is their right. I think what the government should do is to conduct the referendum and see for themselves how many Eastern ears that want exit from Nigeria. Simple as that. Unless if there's something else they want from the Igbo nation.
Before the amalgamation of different ethnic nationalities into Nigeria, the Igbo nation as well as Yoruba, Hausa etc have been living and governing themselves. So if Igbo or any other group wants to exist from Nigeria so be it. There is no reason whatsoever to keep a friend who is no longer interested in your company.

Nigerians are selfish people that is why they are berated of truth. Denial of truth is not the end of it.

If Igbo and others are still talking about about Biafra after 50 years, then there is more to it. I required sober reflection and heart searching. Has the Nigerian state being fair to the Igbo? Have they not marginalised the Igbo for more than 50 year?

STOP RELATING EVERY MENTION OF BIAFRA TO WAR.
IF YORUBAS ARE PROUD TO BE CALLED ỌMỌ ODÙDUWÀ.
IF HAUSA ARE PROUD TO BE CALLED ARẸWÀ.

THEN NDỊ IGBO SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE CALLED BIAFRANS.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by citizenY(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2017
igbodefender:
The Igbos prefer to remain in Nigeria because we control a market of 185 million people. Such economic advantage is very hard to come by.

So , who is the parasite?
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by sddiamond: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2017
Damibiz:
All the people shouting Biafra here biafra there on NL are less 30yearz,let me ask u,what is ur personal contribution toward achieving biafra ?....go nd look for smthing gainful nd do.
They was Biafra,nd it died 50yearz ago......
Dont try to qout me...bcus if u do
look at this slowpoke
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by positivetaught: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2017
A fair n equitable restructuring of the country will just simply reduce the kanu's of today into oblivion while the threat of force will provide a veritable excuse for more agitations n mass follower ship,let unongo n the rest advice buhari well pls."peace is not just the absence of conflict but the presence of justice n equity ".
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Damibiz(m): 11:59am On Aug 26, 2017
Imagin,is that how u want to achieve Ziafra ?...no respect for elders at all
sddiamond:

look at this slowpoke
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Chigold101(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
Aufbauh:
Like i said thinking that Biafra will be achieve during Buhari's regime is the most pathetic and pitiful thought of the century.

Although why i shared the innermost sentiments of Mr President & have never for once give credence to the present agitation by Ipob is that the movement was an obvious fallout of the 2015 election.

Maybe after Buhari's regime and they continue with this vigour i might believe their struggles,but for now it is the TAN-PDP converted opposition led by an ignorant fraudster.
it is a pity Nigerians are so ill informed.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by nwabobo: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2017
Josephjnr:

Have you not be "vhanging your minds" for 57 years now?

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by modsfucker: 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
igbeke:

The whole of South, my brother.
The whole of South.

Lolz.... The whole of South is not a single united entity. West is entirely different from the east and South-South. Also, East is entirely different from the South-South.

In the event of Nigeria's disintegration, North can remain as a single country but even South-South can not remain peaceful. To a large extent, South-West can remain a prosperous united entity.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by igbeke: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
kindklemz:

South East breastfeeding the North? With what kwanu?
You guys like hyping yourselves up for nothing.
South East is as poor as the poorest village in the North.
Apart from buying and selling, what else do you have?

If truly the southeast is poor, then its because the quota system and national cake sharing style in the form of allocation which the north superimposed on Nigeria won't let them attain their full potentials.

Should the regions in Nigeria be allowed to manage their resources and grow at their own pace, who says the north will be poor?

The north may end up being the food providers for the whole county. In fact, there are lost of solid minerals up there that are waiting to be discovered.

The different regions have comparative advantages over each other. We can then leverage on these differences and make the country great.

But if the country cannot be restructured, then let those that want to leave do so in peace.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Josephjnr(m): 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
PrecisionFx:

GEJ used to be Nigeria's problem and now that bubu has replaced him, our minds have become the problem

U see why we need to call many ambulances from yabaleft for u

Don't really need ambulance from Yaba left. I clearly understand your point.

1 Like

Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by AMUNSI23(f): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
This unongo want to discover mungo park
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by MalcoImX: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
UfuomaUN:
You have to appreciate the fact that he's speaking without any aid. He may not be right on the details, but definitely Borno state is many times more than the whole of the South East states combined.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by UfuomaUN(m): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
MalcoImX:
You have to appreciate the fact that he's speaking without any aid. He may not be right on the details, but definitely Borno state is many times more than the whole of the South East combined.

Borno is about twice the size of the South East or thereabouts. Look up the political map of Nigeria. His claim was at best a mischievous exaggeration
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by Josephjnr(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
Cooly100:

How can you be asking this dumb question...? What will be wrong if you have another capital city in the eastern part in the mode of Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Kigali, etc, etc....?

You see what I said about working on minds. Capitals of Nigeria you have listed were not chosen to favour or offend a particular ethnic,religious or regional group,they(especially Abuja) were choosen following critical analysis of the country's total economical situations.
Re: Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman by igbeke: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
modsfucker:

Lolz.... The whole of South is not a single united entity. West is entirely different from the east and South-South. Also, East is entirely different from the South-South.

In the event of Nigeria's disintegration, North can remain as a single country but even South-South can not remain peaceful. To a large extent, South-West can remain a prosperous united entity.

The west, east and south. One thing unites them: they are the bread winners. They serve as the Host on which others prey and parasite on. Now they are all fed up and need to take a lasting break.

Should Nigeria disintegrate, you mean the middle belt will want to remain with the core north or they are going to be compelled to do so? Oh, so you can continue to have and use them as willing tools? This is no longer 1960s my brother.

The Yorubas, igbos and the NDs may have their differences, but such differences are more of social media things. You hardly see them raise hands on each other in form of violence. With mutual respect and understanding, and with a constitution that truly represents their interest, they can thrive as a people both economically and socially.

However, I must admit that a fully restructured Nigeria would be better for us all than outright disintegration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Musa Mante: Gunmen Kill Bauchi Lawmaker, Kidnap His 2 Wives And Son / Protesting Youths Attack Travellers, Kill Kaduna Resident / 2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.