Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,309 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (20794 Views)

Do You Really Believe In Destiny? / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Do You Believe In Destiny? Maybe You Should........this Is What Ifa Says ...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
banmee:

That does not make sense. By your logic, one can conclude that dying without achieving any is that person's purpose. There is no such thing as destiny. You can be and do anything you want. You just have to want it bad enough.

So what's your take?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by sandland: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
The reality is that character is fate. Please note fate. Your destiny is the sum total of your nature, character, intelligence, even health. Buhari can be said not be destined to rule Nigeria for a long time. First it was coup-de-ta. Now it is health challenges.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by FrancisCAF: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
What will be, will be. Your destiny can be delayed but cannot be denied. It could be delayed by your enemies, could be your careless and stupidity. Whatever it is, you will still get to it. You won't die, until you fulfil it. I believe someone dies when God wants it to happen. If not , even if you walk through the valley of death, you will come out alive . The difference is life could be frustrated by those forces before your appointed time to die.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by femi4: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2017
OrdercityWeb:
Good morning everyone,

Okay so i was discussing with a friend some time back and i told him i was going to do my research on this.
Do you believe what will be will be?
Do you believe in destiny?
Or do you believe the course of the life of man can be altered?

I'll need factual replies for or against not just some personal religious biases.
What will be will be is relative depending on the perspective.

Destiny fulfilment comes with hardwork
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by bedspread: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
WHAT THE WORD OF GOD SAYS CONCERNING ME WILL BE
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2017

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by ashala(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
I don't really believe it because if such truelly exists then there is no need for one to work hard in life. You can as well relax and wait for your destiny to show.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Generalyemi(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
vaxx:
as an africanist. destiny is real ori apeere. the destiny. ori ni meja lawo. ori mi gbe mi.(my destiny make a path for me)

This is what odu IFA says. (oracle womb) At the moment of conception, in the domain of Ajala Mopin (Ori), certain irreversible decisions are made.

The are made in two areas: the physical and the spiritual. The physical area with which we are obviously familiar includes gender, sexual orientation, race,color, and the Host of physical senses such as sight, smell, hearing and touch.

All of these will be, in some sense; dependent upon the choices we made inour physical self.

The spiritual side of Ori is also chosen, but it is divided into two areas.

The first, Apari-inu represents character; Ori-Apere represents destiny.

Destiny itself is divided into three areas: Akunleyan, Akunlegba, and Ayanmo. Akunleyan is the request youmake at Ajale's domain- what you would like in specifics during this lifetimes.

The number of years you wish to live, the kinds of success you hope to achieve, the relationships you desire, the wisdom you seek to accumulate. Akunlegba are those things given to you to help you achieve these things. Both Akunleyan and Akunlegba can be modified or enhanced by sacrifice and ritual throughout our lives.Ayanmo is that part of our destiny which cannot be changed: our gender, race, sexuality etc.
The famous Yoruba wisdom: "It is easier to change a man's destiny than his character" any question?

u need help..
people like u can't survive any other place but your own niche
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by princeSammyz: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
Not if you believe in free will also which is obviously real.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Rayd502(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
I think destiny cannot be altered...The Greek story of oedipus comes to mind,when at birth the oracle predicted that he was going to kill his father and marry his mother. Shortly after Oedipus ’ birth, his father, King Laius of Thebes, learned from an oracle that he, Laius, was doomed to perish by the hand of his own son, and so ordered his wife Jocasta to kill the infant.
However, neither she nor her servant could bring themselves to kill him and he was abandoned to elements. There he was found and brought up by a shepherd, before being taken in and raised in the court of the childless King Polybus of Corinth as if he were his own son.

Stung by rumours that King Polybus was not his father,Oedipus consulted an oracle which fortold he wld kill his father and marry his mother.Desparate to avoid his foretold fate and believing Polybus and Merope to be his biological parents Oedipus fled Corinth.
Long and short,what the oracle forsaw came to pass...Destiny can also be attributed to the sum total of actions and inactions we take in the course of our life.All factors intertwine leading one into his destiny.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by banmee(m): 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
DrholuwaTOBI:

So what's your take?

We are the architect of our own destiny. Society has provided a pathway to how each person will succeed. Back in the day, it used to be who could fight the best was seen as the most successful individual. Today, we live in more calmer times where the brain is mightier than than the sword. To succeed, all one needs do is get some kind of education, be hard working and apply what you've learned and most likely you will achieve anything you want. I do not believe in destiny but i believe in luck and opportunity which in turn means my god is math and science.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Joel3(m): 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
destiny started from your root the family you came from. example is ojukwu was not destined to set Biafra free. just like david was not destined to build Gods temple. Nnamdi KANU might be destined to free Biafra if that's his destiny. if it's not his destiny to free Biafra he will fail. goodluck Jonathan was destined to be president. this guys didn't use much effort to get there unlike others.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Karleb(m): 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
No! There's nothing like destiny. That idea is what's used to keep people under control, to pacify them in bad times because that's what a whole lot of them wants to hear.

Your future is in your hands

There's this story of a man who was told would become great but became lazy as a result of that, he became poor later in life and his hardworking friend that was told would be a failure later became a success. I know that's just a story, but that's reality.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by mrakin(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
1. Why not jump down from a ten storey building, what will be will be
2. Why not decide to stay indoors without going to work, what will be will be
3. Why do you take your bath, brush your teeth and clean your hands regularly, what will be will be.
4.why not close your eyes while driving or riding a bike, what will be will be.

God will not do for you whatever you can do by yourself. Be responsible only pray for God's guidance

7 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Jamiubond009(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
How do you want your life to be?
Let us say I want my life to be how I wish.
Then I work towards it. I make things
happen for myself. Set goals and map my
actions towards them. Some goals I would
not achieve, some I will. There will be
failures, there will be rejections, and there
will be sorrows on the path. There will also
be triumphs, victories and wins. I learn and
turn those failures around. When I win I am
grateful for the win and get back to work.
Keep at it. I am in control of the action. Not
the results. Remember, I wanted this. I chose
to not leave my life in anybody’s hands. I
chose to create my destiny.
Or
I can believe that everything is predestined
and find solace in a God or Nature deciding
my destiny.
Again, I get ready for the grind. Nothing
nature chooses is simple and easy. It is
forceful and tough. Nature decides what I get
based on what I have done with a situation.
So, when there are problems, failures,
defeats, I remind myself that nature chose
them for me and work. When there are
wins, triumphs, victories; I celebrate and
remember that nature gave them to me. I
express my gratitude and get back to work.
Keep at it. I can only work. The results are
in the hands of nature. Remember, I laid my
trust in it. I work so nature can give me the
results.
Do you see what happened here?
Life doesn't care what I believe in. Whether
free will or destiny decided by a God or
nature, life just needs me to evolve. Keep
moving. It does not matter to it whether I get
what I want or what I deserve or what I
think I am entitled to. It only needs me to
work. To keep at it. Results are immaterial
and irrelevant to me. In both the cases, I must
put in the work. The results; call it destiny or
whatever is beyond my control anyway.
So, I work my friend. I Keep at it.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
Qui sera sera

I dont know what to believe in anymore
If am confused about God
Is it destiny i will now know about

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
Destiny can be delayed but it can never be denied.
I believe in destiny.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by ekiticoach(m): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
Whatsoever you destine from God must manifest no matter situation. A case study of biblical Esau and Jacob.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by josh123(m): 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
We all have our destiny,and yes it can be changed through d decisions we made either physically or spiritually,that's why there is always need to pray to God before we make drastic decision financially or otherwise.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by vaxx: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
JustCalMeDBoss:

I want to know more can u refer me to a book or online publication
most of the books are not free and accurate. it might not really help in the long run
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by positivetaught: 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2017
I once read an article title "the phenomenon of God and natural catastrophe", the author made a statement that stuck with me, he wrote that God created the world with the laws to guide human existence on earth,those laws are perfect n unchangeable so is either we obey them n succeed or we disregard them n continued to encounter catastrophes in which we shall continued to call on God in vain.Again in the book" The richest man in Babylon ",the author argue that success or luck comes when preparedness meets opportunity, so to me the concept of destiny itself is fractured the onus is simply on us to prepare ourselves by a acquiring relevant knowledge n skills to empower us to take control of our environment n its opportunities for our prosperity n comfort.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by jamace(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
The Gods are not to blame.

Mere mortals must bow to the decrees of the Gods.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Wisedove(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
Philosophically speaking there is nothing like "destined to be this or that" The destiny of a man is in is own hand. All men are borne equal only that some might be fortunate or the opposite base on the family or environment they were been borne into. Despite this some people becomes successful based on what they think, believed and acted upon
Quoting Mahatma Gandhi "your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions ,your actions your beliefs, and your believes become your your destiny.

It is in the moment of thought that destiny is been shaped.
Wisedove

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by topaz321: 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2017
Destiny is not made for us but by us- Barrack Obama
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by TheWiX(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2017
A friend was dating this girl, good girl wife material. Things started to improve in his life and he all of a sudden decided to break up with the girl and get another girl.
Turns out that things started going horribly wrong in his life till eventually the new girl left him for someone better.

So was it his destiny to be with his first girl but he ruined it by being selfish
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by bubbychis(m): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
The fact is dat ur destiny can not be altered but can be delayed... Destiny is pre installed app in human system it has no option for uninstall...it might take u time to discover the usual use of dat app..���

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
There's nothing like "what will be will be"
It's just one of the few lines they use to keep frustrated people going. If you work smart you will make it, not because you were destined to make it. Nobody is destined to be poor neither is anybody destined to be rich
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by vaxx: 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
Christane:
vaxx ...pls sir are u a babalawo?? if yes ..i wud need ur help to know more about my destiny.
am a student of the faith. not yet a qualify or an expert babalawo. I can only give you a guidelines of what to be expected. remember your character is vital. meaning whatever will be the outcome of your future is in your own hand.

some of the examples of destiny.

Wa Wo Iran .with this type of destiny the person has come from heaven as an observer. Their destiny is to just look and not to act or participate.

Asiniwale Aye, the person with this type of destiny has come to earth worship another person.

Eni To Wale Aye Wa Se Rere, a person with this destiny has come to earth with the sole purpose of doing good. there is a difference between destiny and behavior. Where behavior is a choice, one’s destiny cannot be changed as it come with us from heaven. It is not possible to change one’s destiny. One’s destiny can sometimes not be fufilled do to their choice in behaviors.To care for one’s Ori, it is important.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
banmee:

We are the architect of our own destiny. Society has provided a pathway to how each person will succeed. Back in the day, it used to be who could fight the best was seen as the most successful individual. Today, we live in more calmer times where the brain is mightier than than the sword. To succeed, all one needs do is get some kind of education, be hard working and apply what you've learned and most likely you will achieve anything you want. I do not believe in destiny but i believe in luck and opportunity which in turn means my god is math and science.

Althest
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
Naomi222:
Yes what wil be wil be.Know matter how much we try our destiny can never be change at all.

So the man riding okada was destined to ride okada?

It all depends on determination, there is nothing like destiny.

You decide what you will become in life and not destiny. The environment you find yourself also play a bigger role.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by banmee(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
DrholuwaTOBI:

Althest

Heck yeah. You should be too for your own good.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Princewell2012(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
I don't believe in destiny, it's an African mentality. Even man plays a major role in determining his future.

When people die untimely death, it's not that it has been destined that the person will be killed by Boko Haram, robbers or the person will die in an auto crash. Human errors, person decisions, carelessness and environment factors determine people's destiny.

However, nobody is destined to be rich or poor. It all depends on how life treats you. The fairness and unfairness of life makes people rich or remain poor

To each his own opinion

You have made a very good point. Even the bible does not also believe in destiny. He said whoever did not work, let him not eat. so your destiny is your hand, and thsts where prayer comes in. What you sow is what you read. God bless you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry / PMB Will Win War Against Corruption – Kumuyi / Biodun & Busola Never Dated: COZA Reacts To Rape Scandal, Blames Jealous Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.