Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (20792 Views)

Do You Really Believe In Destiny? / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Do You Believe In Destiny? Maybe You Should........this Is What Ifa Says ...... (2) (3) (4)

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
prinzfavian:
First let's consider the meaning of destiny:

1. That to which any person or thing is destined; a predetermined state; a condition foreordained by the Divine or by human will; fate; lot; doom.

2. The fixed order of things; invincible necessity; fate; an irresistible power or agency conceived of as determining the future, whether in general or of an individual.

From the above definitions, destiny is said to be fixed..perfectly mapped out from the very beginning of such person's life.... Then, whatever happens to that person must be according to his or her already written script...

Now here are some few questions if destiny were to be true....

Why do we look left and right when crossing the road or run out of the road if we saw an oncoming vehicle trying to hit us... If our time to die has been predestined why take any precaution to save oneself, if it's not your time to die then you won't, you don't need to do anything, remember your whole life and action has been mapped out which means you're not in control of your life.

Also, if there was anything like destiny, means whatever is happening now is what has been mapped out or planned from the onset.... It's been destined that you'll open this thread on Sunday, and I'll be commenting right now as I am on this thread... The list goes on,..... The concept of destiny opposes the concept of free will...
Everyone is wherever they are today because of the decisions they made and actions they took moments before now not according to some perfectly planned out script... That's what I call freewill not destiny...
I like people with rational thinking and you belong to one

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by OrdercityWeb: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2017
thoth:
Destiny is the most stupidest thing ever invented by religionists. most philosophers that i have read including St Paul described it as a load of trash.
You mentioned St Paul, if i may ask was his conversion his doing?
Did he influence the divine appearance of Yeshua Hamashiach to himself?

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Unedith(f): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
Is it possible that your type of person had been determined before you were born... that your actions are determined by the type of person you are...or in other words, your actions are determined by who you are...and your actions determine your outcome in life? Is it right then to say your destiny had been determined, before your birth, since your type of person had been determined and so, would always act as expected to create whatever that had been predestined?

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nipeks:

The future is certain. What will be will be.

The future of the universe can only be altered from the outside for the same reason a stone cannot turn itself.

Control is an illusion.

Every event in the universe is caused by something. That something is caused by another thing. On and on.

You might argue that the choice you make is the cause of your destiny but the choice you made is also caused by something else... YOU.
YOU are not responsible for who YOU are. In other words, YOU is caused by something else.

Again, control is just an illusion. Humans need to feel they are in control to avoid existential crisis.

It is very hard to accept your future is not in your hands

You need to think deep to grab the concept of causality.

The reverse is the case, poor religious individuals like to believe in destiny and how everything is out of their control, they like to blame it on the unseen hand, unlike successful men in ALL fields that take life by the horn, Your mindset is what has brought Nigeria to her knees, there is control, we are not destined to have thieving leaders or live without electricity, its called cause and effect, you touch fire you get burnt, nothing like the fire was destined to burn you, you elect useless leaders you get useless leadership, if you don't save and re-invest in yourself you would be poor.

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
OrdercityWeb:
Good morning everyone,

Okay so i was discussing with a friend some time back and i told him i was going to do my research on this.
Do you believe what will be will be?
Do you believe in destiny?
Or do you believe the course of the life of man can be altered?

I'll need factual replies for or against not just some personal religious biases.
OK let's look at it like this..

A man was asked to go to his father's house in the village which is in Anambra state, from Lagos. So it's destiny is to go to meet his father, and his destination is the village in Anambra. At the middle of the road, he met thieves and they robbed him of his money, their destiny is to rob and he got in their way, so they fulfill their purpose on him. He's left with nothing to continue to his destination, should he turn back? If he did he would have failed his destiny, he decided to continue to his destination. Along the journey, he met a good man that gave him more than the money he took from home, he was very happy and was glad that he can continue the journey with ease. Few hours to the village, in the mood of ecstasy, he went to a hotel, and he met a prostitute coming out with a man, her destiny is to kill any man she sleeps with. He was tempted to have her, and he went in with her not knowing her mission, while they were about to start having fun, she felt a banging on her head and she dropped dead. She was expected to kill 50 men through her mission, and the guy she came out with just gave up the ghost in the accident scene that just took place in the city center, unknowning to her, he's the 50th person, and since she's completed her mission, she too has to die. The man was arrested and thrown behind bars, his people and the whole village heard about it, he was so ashamed of himself, and after a week, he was released. But should he go back to Lagos without seeing his father in the village, he decided to go back to Lagos, he felt ashamed of the whole issue and doesn't want to bring more shame to himself. As he was going back, he met a man on the road who was coming from that village and the man narrated how he met an elderly man who has transformed his life, the description of this elderly man reflects that of his father, in a twinkle of an eye he decided to return back, on getting to the village he was well received, his father welcomed him and made a great feast for him, and he said to him, my son, you have gone away from me since childhood into Lagos, but today you are here, and I will tell you something that will shock you, he took him to the Kings palace and said, I tell you today my son that I'm not your father but your father is the king who has just departed to meet our ancestors, you've been away from him since you were born, and I was taking care of you till I sent you to Lagos, but thank God that you are here today, the Oracle demands such to happen in order for you to be crown and thank God you made it here today, we have been waiting for you for the past 2years since the king fell ill until he departed yesterday, if you had not come after his demise within the next two weeks, we would have crown someone else. And so the man was crown a King after his Father.

In a nutshell, everyone has a destiny, a happy ending. And you must find out what yours is, having find out, you must strive and be determined to fulfill it, because there are going to be distractions, setbacks, depression, but only your firm resolve will make you fulfill your destiny, Gracias.

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
Kylekent59:
It's a NO from me.
You have to make a move to make a change.

If you didn't practise, you won't be perfect.

Life can be fair or unfair to man at his starting point. It is now left for man to make his/her decision whether to progress in life or not. You have to be your self and don't compromise.

destiny can also be altered. Let us use politics as a case study.
A politician was aspiring for a post and he needed the post willingly. He bribed the youths and at the end he won,then in return the youths are suffering. Had it been d youth voted the right person, they would have gotten a benefiting job, but because of ignorance they voted d wrong choice.
Destiny can be bought, we call it wisdom of man.
An example is that of Goodluck Jonathan. Many people voted for him as a result of empty promises and ignorance coupled with the amount of bribe being dished out. He wasn't destined to become the president of Nigeria. Election can take another turn and then come in favour of the unexpected.

Or let me use the case of someone who was born blind. There are many biological factors responsible for that. It's not that anybody has been destined to be blind

Over spirituality is keeping us backward in Nigeria, and that's why we are the most unproductive people in the world
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by OrdercityWeb: 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
Tosinex:
OK let's look at it like this..

A man was asked to go to his father's house in the village which is in Anambra state, from Lagos. So it's destiny is to go to meet his father, and his destination is the village in Anambra. At the middle of the road, he met thieves and they robbed him of his money, their destiny is to rob and he got in their way, so they fulfill their purpose on him. He's left with nothing to continue to his destination, should he turn back? If he did he would have failed his destiny, he decided to continue to his destination. Along the journey, he met a good man that gave him more than the money he took from home, he was very happy and was glad that he can continue the journey with ease. Few hours to the village, in the mood of ecstasy, he went to a hotel, and he met a prostitute coming out with a man, her destiny is to kill any man she sleeps with. He was tempted to have her, and he went in with her not knowing her mission, while they were about to start having fun, she felt a banging on her head and she dropped dead. She was expected to kill 50 men through her mission, and the guy she came out with just gave up the ghost in the accident scene that just took place in the city center, unknowning to her, he's the 50th person, and since she's completed her mission, she too has to die. The man was arrested and thrown behind bars, his people and the whole village heard about it, he was so ashamed of himself, and after a week, he was released. But should he go back to Lagos without seeing his father in the village, he decided to go back to Lagos, he felt ashamed of the whole issue and doesn't want to bring more shame to himself. As he was going back, he met a man on the road who was coming from that village and the man narrated how he met an elderly man who has transformed his life, the description of this elderly man reflects that of his father, in a twinkle of an eye he decided to return back, on getting to the village he was well received, his father welcomed him and made a great feast for him, and he said to him, my son, you have gone away from me since childhood into Lagos, but today you are here, and I will tell you something that will shock you, he took him to the Kings palace and said, I tell you today my son that I'm not your father but your father is the king who has just departed to meet our ancestors, you've been away from him since you were born, and I was taking care of you till I sent you to Lagos, but thank God that you are here today, the Oracle demands such to happen in order for you to be crown and thank God you made it here today, we have been waiting for you for the past 2years since the king fell ill until he departed yesterday, if you had not come after his demise within the next two weeks, we would have crown someone else. And so the man was crown a King after his Father.

In a nutshell, everyone has a destiny, a happy ending. And you must find out what yours is, having find out, you must strive and be determined to fulfill it, because there are going to be distractions, setbacks, depression, but only your firm resolve will make you fulfill your destiny, Gracias.
Thanks for your response. Appreciated!
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jiang:
Look dis people wasting brain cells

Make i tell you

WHAT WILL BE, MUST BE unless God says otherwise

This otherwise can happen due to

1- Prayers
2-Wickedness of homo-sapiens

in short only God knows whats best for you, though your destiny is already written & shown to you way b4 you were born into this world & YOU ACCEPTED. Just pray for the best. As God can change anything instantly without you even realizing.

If you can understand this simple truth, then my brother you have already reached halfway to everlasting happiness in this miserable world
And this is coming from an educated person.

Was the destiny written on a sheet of paper or on the marble?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by OrdercityWeb: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
mascottboy:
Pls for does of u dat need book pls read T.D Jakes book title "Destiny". He wrote it 2015, ur eyes will open nd u will tnk me later. Dat book open my eyes dis yr as i bought it. Bible said dat Esau will serve Jacob(destiny), isreal will be in captivity for yrs(destiny). God is a giver of destiny, but u hav a role to play. Tnks.
Nice!

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by OrdercityWeb: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
Unedith:
Is it possible that your type of person had been determined before you were born... that your actions are determined by the type of person you are...or in other words, your actions are determined by who you are...and your actions determine your outcome in life? Is it right then to say your destiny had been determined, before your birth, since your type of person had been determined and so, would always act as expected to create whatever that had been predestined?
Interesting twist there.

Can i ask, what then determined your type of person?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by yetty247(f): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2017
What Do I Stand To Gain By Joining Happy World Meal Gate?
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL GET BY JOINING HAPPY WORLD MEAL GATE:

Membership benefits in HAPPY WORLD MEAL GATE are in stages.

At the point of registering with $32 (N6,500), your page will be created on our members website and you become a full member of the company. At the FOOD FARM STAGE, you can either register for 1 account, 3 accounts or 7 accounts (registering 7 accounts automatically takes you to the next stage which is STAGE 1).

Summary of your Earnings in Happy World Meal Gate....

A) FOOD FARM STAGE
When you register and introduce 6 people to register under your account, you will automatically move to STAGE ONE and get the following benefits:
Referral Bonus: $6.4
Level Bonus (LB):$38.4
Complete Stage: $16
Total: $54.4 (N10,880 naira)

NB: All payments at FARM STAGE are in FOOD ITEMS.

B) STAGE ONE:
When 14 persons come to meet you at STAGE ONE, you will get the following benefits and automatically move to STAGE TWO:
Level Bonus (LB):$224
Complete Stage (CS):$160
Total: $384 (N76,800 naira)
NB: All payments at this stage are in FOOD ITEMS. (Meaning the company will give you N76,800 naira worth of food stuff and not money at this stage)

C) STAGE TWO:
When 14 persons come to meet you at STAGE TWO, you will get the following benefits and automatically move to STAGE THREE:
Level Bonus (LB):$560
Complete Stage (CS):$360
Total: $920 (N184,000 naira)
Free food items worth $150 (N30,000 naira) for Seven (7) months. (This means that apart from the earnings above, the company will be visiting your address with food stuff worth N30,000 for 7 consecutive months)

NB:payment is 40% food items and 60% cash. (This means that at this stage your total earnings of N184,000 naira will be split in the proportion of 40% <N73,600> food items and 60% <N110,400> money paid into your bank account)

D) STAGE THREE:
When 14 persons come to meet you at STAGE THREE, you will get the following benefits and automatically move to STAGE FOUR:
Level Bonus (LB):$700
Complete Stage (CS):$3,500
Total: $4,200 (N840,000 naira)
A brand new car worth $22,000.
Free trip to Saudi Arabia for Hajj or Umrah (Lesser Hajj) or free trip to Israel or Dubai. All expenses paid inclusive of $5,000 (N1,000,000 <One million naira>wink Travelling Allowance.
NB:payment is 40% food items and 60% cash
(This means that at this stage your total earnings of N840,000 naira will be split in the proportion of 40% <N336,000> food items and 60% <N504,000> money paid into your bank account)

E) STAGE FOUR:
When 14 persons come to meet you at STAGE FOUR, you will get the following benefits and automatically move to STAGE FIVE:

Level Bonus (LB): $2,240
Complete Stage (CS):$5,000
Total: $7,240 (N1,448,000 naira)
Supply of $250 (N50,000 naira) worth of food items for 12 months.
GRAND AWARD of a brand new SUV worth $30,000 (Six million naira)
NB:payment is 40% food items and 60% cash.
(This means that at this stage your total earnings of N1,448,000 naira will be split in the proportion of 40% <N579,200> food items and 60% <N868,800> money paid into your bank account)

F) STAGE FIVE:
This is the dream stage of every Happy World Meal Gate member.
At this final stage, you live to earn $6,000 (N1,200,000 naira)

MOVING FROM STAGE1 TO 5 IS NOT A DAY'S JOB BUT ITS QUITE ACHIEVABLE! THE 2 BASIC THINGS ARE
1. JOIN NOW
2. GET YOUR 6 REFERRALS ...

Interested fellow should Contact me on 09021408991
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
TinaAnita:

Is romance/love not part of life?
It's part of life but what I'm trying to say is that, that someone refuses to date you has nothing to do with destiny

It has to do with personal choice and preference. It might just be that you're not the person's taste, hence, things will never work out no matter how much you try to convince that person to date you

Hope you get me?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by jonath0012(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
I did not want to comments, but I'm forced having read series of comments based on fallacies about destiny. For bible students, Let look at it this ways: When God created Adam and Eve, the goal was for them to live forever if only they would not disobey God's directive. Unfortunately, they disobeyed God's instruction, and thus face death penalty and other catastrophe.
Now think deeply about this: If the concept of destiny is true why would God make a law or give an instruction He already knew Adam and Eve would not be able to keep? What will now be the essence of creating humans when He has a pre knowledge that they would not obey him?

Now think about Job again. When Satan challenged God that Job was only serving God because of the blessings he enjoyed from God, and that when those blessing are taken away, he would curse God. Thus God's sovereignty was questioned. What was God's response to this challenge? Did God pre determine Job's fate?

Now think again.. If the concept of destiny is true, then what about the concept of free will?

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by donnaD(f): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
TinaAnita:
No one can respond to that question accurately except the Creator..
Life is a mystery and the things we don't know are bigger than whatever we know.

But in my opinion I'd say destiny is real and I believe it can be twisted/manipulated/altered by our actions and inactions. I also believe that one can take destiny into her hands. One can achieve anything life can offer.

However, there are certain things that are beyond one's control and that's where "what will be will be" comes to play. Take for instance, if someone is not destined to love you there is nothing anyone can do about it.
I hope my opinion helps.. Hmm
May God bless u for this

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2017
TinaAnita:

Is romance/love not part of life?
Of course it is, but what I'm trying to say is that, that someone refuses to date you has nothing to do with destiny

However, it might just be due to the fact that you're not the person's taste, hence, it will never work out no matter how much you try to convince that person to date you

Hope you get me?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2017
teesmarth:

You are right to some extent.

However "WHAT WILL BE WILL BE" this is the ultimate fact bro.

This life is like a movie and we all acting the script.
Every decision we make, every actions and inactions that we make which we think is our own doing, which we think is to the best of our wisdom at any moment have all been premeditated by the creator.
Even our subconsciousness and reflexes are all premeditated to fufill the sole aim of the universe existence

We are pawns on the grand scheme of things

And yes our destiny lies in our hands we can change and shape our lives to whatever and whoever we want to be through our actions and decisions. It is all premeditated and that is our destiny it is what will be and will definately be
Hope you understand
Sure. I understand you well
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Unedith(f): 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
Whatever that predetermined certain things that man had been trying to explain; for instance,
the earth, the universe, etc.
OrdercityWeb:

Interesting twist there.

Can i ask, what then determined your type of person?

In my opinion, destiny is the summary of one's life, not certain good or bad events that happened in one's life, though these events are what add up to form the summary.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nipeks(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
prinzfavian:
First let's consider the meaning of destiny:

1. That to which any person or thing is destined; a predetermined state; a condition foreordained by the Divine or by human will; fate; lot; doom.

2. The fixed order of things; invincible necessity; fate; an irresistible power or agency conceived of as determining the future, whether in general or of an individual.

From the above definitions, destiny is said to be fixed..perfectly mapped out from the very beginning of such person's life.... Then, whatever happens to that person must be according to his or her already written script...

Now here are some few questions if destiny were to be true....

Why do we look left and right when crossing the road or run out of the road if we saw an oncoming vehicle trying to hit us... If our time to die has been predestined why take any precaution to save oneself, if it's not your time to die then you won't, you don't need to do anything, remember your whole life and action has been mapped out which means you're not in control of your life.

Also, if there was anything like destiny, means whatever is happening now is what has been mapped out or planned from the onset.... It's been destined that you'll open this thread on Sunday, and I'll be commenting right now as I am on this thread... The list goes on,..... The concept of destiny opposes the concept of free will...
Everyone is wherever they are today because of the decisions they made and actions they took moments before now not according to some perfectly planned out script... That's what I call freewill not destiny...

To answer your question, even though your time and cause of your death are certain, they are not known.

The truth is that you don't want to die now. Even if someone claims that it is now, you don't want to believe it. You will try your best to stay alive. Hence, you will always look left and right before you cross.

Free Will is an illusion. You think you are making the choices you want to make but what you want is the result of the situation you find yourself in.

- Y
ou choose to eat because you are hungry or because it's tasty or for whatever reason you have no control over.

- You are commenting on Nairaland because you are bored or because it's fun or for whatever reason you have no control over.

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Blissquare(f): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
Is it destiny or free will to be born with spinal bifilar or Down's syndrome? Is it destiny or free will to be born blue ivy? Is it destiny or free will that Olajumokeorisaguna Orisaguna appeared on BBC or CNN when she doesn't even know what it is? Is it destiny or free will that Dana plane crashed into homes of people that have never been on a plane?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by ojoisimi(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
An example is that of Goodluck Jonathan. Many people voted for him as a result of empty promises and ignorance coupled with the amount of bribe being dished out. He wasn't destined to become the president of Nigeria. Election can take another turn and then come in favour of the unexpected.

Or let me use the case of someone who was born blind. There are many biological factors responsible for that. It's not that anybody has been destined to be blind

Over spirituality is keeping us backward in Nigeria, and that's why we are the most unproductive people in the world
Good luck Jonathan is a solid example to prove that destiny is real. just checkout the guy's history to understand what I'm saying. you said he became the president cos of empty promises that caught the electorates and bribery right? buy do you know a lot of aspirants have done the same thing but were not voted for? the biological factors you are talking about are just human idea and assumption that we are taught to believe in school. ask yourself why a medical doctor dies from a migraine while a mad man who consumes all filthy things live longer. is it that the doctor refuses to apply medication or what really happened? people have been talking about working hard to be successful but do you know a lot of people didn't do half the work you are doing and are swimming I'm millions? is it that they are more brilliant? I Dont think so. what can you say about a Prof who has really worked hard to attain that level but not as successful as an illiterate gambler who made one big hit and shoot up from their. some things are beyond human comprehension and control while some are within our control.

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
ojoisimi:

Good luck Jonathan is solid example to prove that destiny is real. just checkout the guy's history to understand what I'm saying. you said he became the president cos of empty promises that caught the electorates and bribery right? buy do you know a lot of aspirants have done the same thing but were not voted for? the biological factors you are talking about are just human idea and assumption that we are taught to believe in school. ask yourself why a medical doctor dies from a migraine while a mad man who consumes all filthy things live longer. is it that the doctor refuses to aplly medication or what really happened?
You this man ehn cheesy

Issokay ooo
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by ojoisimi(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
You this man ehn cheesy

Issokay ooo
I think the word 'destiny' is too deep than what one can easily decipher like that. the bottom point is we should just do our possible best and hope for the best irrespective of destiny
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
ojoisimi:

I think the word 'destiny' is too deep than what one can easily decipher like that. the bottom point is we should just do our possible best and hope for the best irrespective of destiny
That's true bro. That's the highest we can do
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Kylekent59: 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
tosyne2much:

Why goodluck jonathan
Let us use buhari jor
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
Kylekent59:

Why goodluck jonathan Let us use buhari jor
Hahaha.. Be like say you dey Anti Buhari crew? tongue
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by teesmarth(m): 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nipeks:

The future is certain. What will be will be.

The future of the universe can only be altered from the outside for the same reason a stone cannot turn itself.

Control is an illusion.

Every event in the universe is caused by something. That something is caused by another thing. On and on.

You might argue that the choice you make is the cause of your destiny but the choice you made is also caused by something else... YOU.
YOU are not responsible for who YOU are. In other words, YOU is caused by something else.

Again, control is just an illusion. Humans need to feel they are in control to avoid existential crisis.

It is very hard to accept your future is not in your hands

You need to think deep to grab the concept of causality.

Nice one.

I must disagree not to agree!
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
Yes, this is a very big topic only for the mature minds. You see, what will be will only be concerning those things that God has programmed them to be. While, there are actions or activities that man must react to OR engage in so as satisfy his personal desires and needs. So, when we say, what will be will be, it simply means those things or occurrence that will always take place at their own appointed time according to God's plan. For example, there will always be brightness in the morning, because God has made it so, Man will always feel the need to eat when Hungary... These are destinies already programmed to happen by God. On the other way round, someone may dash you some food today but, there is no assurance that the same will happen everyday. So, the need to engage in activities arised to enable man create additional opportunities for himself. Therefore, what will be will be is pre-destined by God but, as things evolved, Man must also engage in activities to enable him create new opportunities that were never there.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by stilldoingokay(f): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
yes but in African destiny can be changed
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by dustar: 12:18am On Aug 28, 2017
YOU CANT TALK ABOUT DESTINY WITHOUT BELIEVING IN THE SUPERNATURAL... A man's destiny is designed to fulfil another mans destiny..its a cycle and there are all connected to fulfil a greater purpose to sustain the universe/nature. But most people deviate from it, Cus dey think dia path is difficult. But KARMA knows how to pay them back.. There is a reason why Jesus came as a poor man at that time. And if you remember he did not want to die at a point..but he said."FATHER, LET YOUR WILL BE DONE ". ...I Love the man called Jesus Christ.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by prinzfavian(m): 12:35am On Aug 28, 2017
Nipeks:

To answer your question, even though your time and cause of your death are certain, they are not known.

The truth is that you don't want to die now. Even if someone claims that it is now, you don't want to believe it. You will try your best to stay alive. Hence, you will always look left and right before you cross.

Free Will is an illusion. You think you are making the choices you want to make but what you want is the result of the situation you find yourself in.

- You choose to eat because you are hungry or because it's tasty or for whatever reason you have no control over.

- You are commenting on Nairaland because you are bored or because it's fun or for whatever reason you have no control over.

lol, are you for real?
Free will is an illusion, really? I choose to eat cos I'm hungry, hence I have no control over that.... What about when I fast, am i not hungry? .... Why could I've had control over my hunger?.. .. Oh, it's been destined that I was gonna fast... Right? Tar!

I'm commenting on Nairaland cos am bored... Really? No where else to go... Facebook, Twitter, insta.... and the likes... What about if I don't have any megabytes to browse on my phone... But I'm bored... I guess I just have to steal to get mb... Since it's been destined that I must come on Nairaland when I'm bored. Haba, think now...

So God that predestines stuffs, also destined atheist not to believe that he exist... Wawu, for real? For what purpose would he have done that? Think dear.... Even the likes of Evans and boko haram is God's doing... Is just a script he has written long ago that is playing out right? Abegi...

He has given us the gift of freewill... And what we have today individually is as a result of our actions... There is no such thing has destiny, we ain't robots... Even animals aren't controlled by destiny, not to talk of humans...

When we tend to overcome this notion of destiny, then we are a step closer to knowing the truth about life.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nipeks(m): 12:37am On Aug 28, 2017
teesmarth:

Nice one.

I must disagree not to agree!

You mean the opposite of "agree to disagree"?

Some Annoying Things People Do In Church / My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry / PMB Will Win War Against Corruption – Kumuyi

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131