Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,957 members, 7,814,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? (3189 Views)

Fact And Statistics About The Old And New Testament / Why Can't Christians Worship One True God Solemnly Like The Moslems Do? / Birds Following Me, I Need Some Explanations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by hopefulLandlord: 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2017
vaxx:
psychology says talking to your self can help relieve stress. it is scientifically proven.

talking to yourself? yes, it can help and you also talk to yourself when you think or soliloquise but keyword here is "talking to yourself", add imaginary friends to the mix, especially one which you believe is looking out for you and would definitely get you out of the shithole you find yourself and the ensuing disappointment can make you feel worse

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by vaxx: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

talking to yourself? yes, it can help and you also talk to yourself when you think or soliloquise but keyword here is "talking to yourself", add imaginary friends to the mix, especially one which you believe is looking out for you and would definitely get you out of the shithole you find yourself and the ensuing disappointment can make you feel worse
this is part of life I have chosen. it is working for me. why do you want me to suddenly change to your way of life? don't you want my progress ? Mr real Friends are not productive .I love my imaginary friend to the core.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by hopefulLandlord: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
vaxx:
this is part of life I have chosen. it is working for me. why do you want me to suddenly change to your way of life? don't you want my progress ? Mr real Friends are not productive .I love my imaginary friend to the core.

oh! you misunderstood me, I'm not saying you should change bro grin

but was there a time you didn't have imaginary friends? have you tried not having imaginary friends? if no, how them are you so sure your dropping imaginary friends would mean you not progressing?

I'm not having a go at you

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by 124mumsy: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
the bible says it is only a fool that think's in his heart there is no GOD.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by hopefulLandlord: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
124mumsy:
the bible says it is only a fool that think's in his heart there is no GOD.

Toooo Much Fallacies in that empty rhetoric Christians spill from that verse in that book of theirs

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good." (Psalms 14:1)

Fallacies committed:

ad hominem fallacy : An argument is discounted based on attacking the character of the person making the argument. ("He is wrong when he says there is no God, because he is a fool." )

strawman fallacy : Arguing against a position by creating a different, weaker, or irrelevant position and refuting that position instead of the original. ("There is no God" misrepresents "There isn't sufficient evidence that God exists." )

circular reasoning : The truth of the conclusion is assumed in order to justify the premises. ("The fool says there is no God, because anyone who says there is no God is a fool." )

begging the question : The argument creates a secondary proposition that is related to the primary proposition, which requires a similar argument that is missing. (The existence of God is assumed, while addressing propositions of whether God exists.)

fallacy of inconsistency : The argument is inconsistent with other arguments within the same context.
In the Christian context, Jesus commands against the invective in Psalms 14:1, warning that
"whoever says 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire" in Matthew 5:22.

special pleading : The inappropriate attribution of emotive functions to objects that do not have that capability. (Hearts are not capable of "knowing" or of feeling emotions.)

redundancy : Psalm 53 is identical to Psalm 14.

questionable premise : It is obviously not the case that all atheists do nothing but bad deeds. This premise is invalidated by a single example of an atheist doing a single charitable act.

those are the different fallacies committed by just one verse

lmao!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by vaxx: 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

oh! you misunderstood me, I'm not saying you should change bro grin

but was there a time you didn't have imaginary friends? have you tried not having imaginary friends? if no, how them are you so sure your dropping imaginary friends would mean you not progressing?

I'm not having a go at you
simple answer. I know atheist food very well. it is science. I only get my self enlightened by following the basic psychology instruction. self talk realises stress and since then it has been working for me. since you guys are men of science. why don't you try try the theory?

i bet you . you will appreciate science the more.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by hopefulLandlord: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
vaxx:
simple answer. I know atheist food very well. it is science. I only get my self enlightened by following the basic psychology instruction. self talk realises stress and since then it has been working for me. since you guys are men of science. why don't you try try the theory?

i bet you . you will appreciate science the more.

you haven't answered the question

anyways, we all self talk one way or another, I already showed this earlier, so its not a new thing that I didn't know before today

I'm just asking how you're so sure you won't progress if you don't have imaginary friends
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by 124mumsy: 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
bro u are a very good writer an a very inteligient guy i must confess. but the things of the spiret can not be judge carnally. when jesus left the desciple they where just ordinary men. but when the holy spiret come into them they became ordinary men with extraordinary pawers. have u position ur mind so that the holy spirit envelope ur soul? you can never understand things abt God if u keep reading and summarising the bible like a comprehesion book.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by vaxx: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you haven't answered the question

anyways, we all self talk one way or another, I already showed this earlier, so its not a new thing that I didn't know before today

I'm just asking how you're so sure you won't progress if you don't have imaginary friends
are you trying to disagree with science?

use condom before sex it protect you against STD. you want me to go raw before I know it is true.

no, prevention is better than cure. I rather listen to the instruction.

my guy i
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by hopefulLandlord: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2017
vaxx:
are you trying to disagree with science?

use condom before sex it protect STD. you want me to go raw before I know it is true.

no, prevention is better than cure. I rather listen to the instruction.

my guy i

erhm, seems I'm talking through you
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by vaxx: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

erhm, seems I'm talking through you

am only giving you your food . logic and science. anyway I like your name. hopefullandlord
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by analice107: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
Humanistme:

it's riddance not radiance a lot of people make this mistake on nairaland.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by hopefulLandlord: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
vaxx:
am only giving you your food . logic and science. anyway I like your name. hopefullandlord
thanks for the compliment
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by Bolaji21(m): 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
purem:
it seems like the theists are pressing on the artheists on their pointless debate and arguments, if we could take all that aside and talk about REALITY here.

If you're a devoted CHRISTIAN, THEIST or THEOLOGY am expecting you to give a meaningful answer to this issues otherwise you're a SLAVE TO RELIGIOUS;

What can you say about a brother that has been a devoted CHRISTIAN for the years of his life and been praying and fasting to the Lord his God to help his predicament of been born has an impotence but the Lord is testing his faith, just same church a brother is worshipping, there was a new member that has the same problem but the Lord didn't test his faith he healed him. (God if you're reading this you need a psychiatrist to check your upstairs)

Now I know what y'all xtians be thinking "the gospel is for people like the new member so as to believe there is God"

OK on the second Sunday his influential told him about church but he was afraid to go thinking that he is not one of them perhaps the Lord may come and return him to the state he was before.

NB: let your explanation be a reality not a figment of your imagination, I don't argue with imagination.

Still more to come on the mean time.

Were una dey;
vaxx
Butterflylion
Nma27
felixomor
There's an explanation to everything. I may not have the explanation, but God definitely does (he's the omniscient).

If you meet a religious fella, he'll tell you God understands and he'll definitely fix it sooner or later. If you meet an atheist, he'll tell you just curse/ditch God and live your life whichever way. And if you meet a deist, he may just tell you the solution is inside of you.

But we have scripture to comfort us,
Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This I must leave you with: every man comes to this point of asking WHY. Some break at this point and denounce God totally, some just backslide, some change religion. But I'd implore you to stay on God's side.

NB: The above applies to the other stories the OP listed later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by CAPTIVATOR: 1:06am On Aug 30, 2017
purem:

Now u can misinterpret my msg, it's a sign that this set of people run away from reality.

U shud av just ignore since u don't want me to mention u

Sir , Am really touched by all you mentioned ... They are not cool aspects of life . But the only mistake we do make most times is thinking God rules this present world . But I doubt if a God of Love will rule a world filled with oppression and tyranny .

who rules the World .

' The whole world is in the hands of the wicked one , Satan " Says the Bible @ 1 John 5:19 . that explains why bad things happen to good people at times . A world ruled by a wicked person will definitely be filled with chaos

IS GOD NOW UNCONCERNED ?

Sir , He is and that is why he sent his Son to teach us about the Kingdom of God . Under this Kingdom , there will be no sickness, nor death anymore ( for reference see Rev 21:4 ) we shall build houses and live in them , we won't build for others to inherit ( See Isaiah 65:17, 21-25 ) . You could remember this popular prayer called our Lords prayer ... a part said " LET YOUR KINGDOM COME " Only the Kingdom of God will bring everlasting peace to mankind ( Psalm 37:29 )

you can follow this Link to see answers to questions you and I do ask ..

- Why Is There So Much Suffering?

- Does God Care?

- Life Without Suffering—A Trustworthy Promise.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201107/why-so-much-suffering/

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by vaxx: 8:53am On Aug 30, 2017
CAPTIVATOR:

Sir , Am really touched by all you mentioned ... They are not cool aspects of life . But the only mistake we do make most times is thinking God rules this present world . But I doubt if a God of Love will rule a world filled with oppression and tyranny .

who rules the World .

' The whole world is in the hands of the wicked one , Satan " Says the Bible @ 1 John 5:19 . that explains why bad things happen to good people at times . A world ruled by a wicked person will definitely be filled with chaos

IS GOD NOW UNCONCERNED ?

Sir , He is and that is why he sent his Son to teach us about the Kingdom of God . Under this Kingdom , there will be no sickness, nor death anymore ( for reference see Rev 21:4 ) we shall build houses and live in them , we won't build for others to inherit ( See Isaiah 65:17, 21-25 ) . You could remember this popular prayer called our Lords prayer ... a part said " LET YOUR KINGDOM COME " Only the Kingdom of God will bring everlasting peace to mankind ( Psalm 37:29 )

you can follow this Link to see answers to questions you and I do ask ..

- Why Is There So Much Suffering?

- Does God Care?

- Life Without Suffering—A Trustworthy Promise.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201107/why-so-much-suffering/
why is so much suffering? please stop blaming Satan or God for this. olodumare has created a benevolent environment for each one of us. it is our birth right to be joyous ,happy and be successful.

suffering comes with its own goodies.

If you are have never experience suffering, you are not growing, and if you are not growing you are dying.

All the wonderful experiences and lessons life has to offer are yours just by overcoming challenges.

think about your life, you will find that your best memories are made up of those moments in life where you chose to accept the challenge made by the emergence of an uncomfortable experience. therefore suffering bring wisdom and maturity.

imagine if it rains 365 days a year, how will farmer cultivate or harvest their crops ? suffering is part of life accept and deals with it. do not blame any one for your misfortune.. my God is wise.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2017
purem:
The second issue will be about the disaster that is befalling the Christians back then in the north, the Lord is watching while his children are dying tragically (o lord God if you're viewing this post I will say you're heartless more than shekahu even more than Osama Bin Laden)
Scriptures can't be broken. What's happening in the northern part of Nigerians to Christians isn't different from the middle east. "And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don't panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won't follow immediately" Matthew 24:6.
Matthew 5:8-10 "10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2017
purem:
Now the last not really the least will be about my uncle that passed last year.

He is a pastor not just a pastor but the one that as been helping the ministry of his Lord by building numerous churches and gaining many followers for his God.

By so doing I feel he's honoring his God but it turns out that his lord didn't honor him in return by living him to die in mysterious and fatal accident.

I know y'all been thinking he's old enough to die but is this a least best way for a man of God to die

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD."
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by analice107: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
Humanistme:

you should know analice107's reasoning is weird. Op never mentioned that he is impotent but she quickly assumed he was referring to himself.

op replied by saying that her comment is not valid, she took offence funny cheesy
At least with my wired reasoning, i can engage in a coherent and sustained discussion, but you, with your sound reasoning, can't. You'd want to tell why?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by analice107: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

that doesn't sound "rude" though, perhaps our perception of rude differ
Yeah, i see it defers. Since you can't see that him saying my opinions aren't valid to be rude.

I know what you are trying to do. Go ahead, encourage the baby to grow in arrogance as an atheist. He complained of not knowing how to handle critics, so you jump in to play big brother by urging him in the part of self destruct, weldone.

I see how at war he is with himself already. That anger and bitterness will eat him up and destroy him. Satan has no compassion for fools.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by Humanistme: 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2017
analice107:

At least with my wired reasoning, i can engage in a coherent and sustained discussion, but you, with your sound reasoning, can't. You'd want to tell why?

cheesy I can see how coherent you are. by stupidly jumping to conclusion and getting offended when the Op suggested your comment wasn't valid.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by analice107: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
124mumsy:
bro u are a very good writer an a very inteligient guy i must confess. but the things of the spiret can not be judge carnally. when jesus left the desciple they where just ordinary men. but when the holy spiret come into them they became ordinary men with extraordinary pawers. have u position ur mind so that the holy spirit envelope ur soul? you can never understand things abt God if u keep reading and summarising the bible like a comprehesion book.
Are you a Necromancer? Pls stop talking to the dead. He is dead.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by hopefulLandlord: 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2017
analice107:

Yeah, i see it defers. Since you can't see that him saying my opinions aren't valid to be rude.

I know what you are trying to do. Go ahead, encourage the baby to grow in arrogance as an atheist. He complained of not knowing how to handle critics, so you jump in to play big brother by urging him in the part of self destruct, weldone.

I see how at war he is with himself already. That anger and bitterness will eat him up and destroy him. Satan has no compassion for fools.

slow down a bit please

first off, you'll never see me call someone "rude" just because they regard my opinion as invalid so I'm not playing any big brother here I'm rather saying it as I see

secondly, many people on this platform have called your opinion invalid many times over the years and I haven't seen you call them rude, what you usually do is to clarify your opinion further and I'm almost certain you've never taken offense over the fact that someone regarded your opinion as invalid which makes me suspect you're in fact the one playing a game here, I think you don't regard the post as rude but it became rude when you thought of who its coming from (new atheist), so the messenger is rude not the post

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by analice107: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
Humanistme:

cheesy I can see how coherent you are. by stupidly jumping to conclusion and getting offended when the Op suggested your comment wasn't valid.
How did i jump into conclusions? If he's not the impotent one, how did he know about it?
Have you ever met a guy who goes around telling friends he is impotent?

There are so many guys with dead peni.s, how many have come telling you about it?

He is able to throw it open here becos he knows it's a faceless forum.

See, you think you smart, but you are so daft you can't connect the dots.

Am looking out for a day i'd see you having a discussion, no matter how unintelligent.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by analice107: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

slow down a bit please

first off, you'll never see me call someone "rude" just because they regard my opinion as invalid so I'm not playing any big brother here I'm rather saying it as I see

secondly, many people on this platform have called your opinion invalid many times over the years and I haven't seen you call them rude, what you usually do is to clarify your opinion further which makes me suspect you're in fact the one playing a game here, I think you don't regard the post as rude but it became rude when you thought of who its coming from (new atheist), so the messenger is rude not the post

The baby atheist's mind is what is reflected in the post. You can't separate the one from the other. in your closet, maybe you should tell him that life won't be easier for him now that he is an atheist and arrogant, it'll worst.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by Humanistme: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
analice107:

How did i jump into conclusions? If he's not the impotent one, how did he know about it?

There are so many guys with dead peni.s, how many have come telling you about it?

Am looking out for a day i'd see you having a discussion, no matter how unintelligent.

if he was referring to himself, he would have said so since it is a faceless forum and he can always deactivate and create a new account no need to lie.

you are not in his life neither are you in his mind and you do not know how close he is to his siblings or friends.

yet again you have shown your foolishness when he disagreed with your comment you started showing out and throwing insults..

Mrs born again grin
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by Humanistme: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
[quote author=purem post=59933792]

Bro dis ur stupidity ehn How come u came to the conclusion dat d dude was me. Well maybe av found a cure sha.

/quote]

c.c analice107
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by godfromGod: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
analice107:

Why do they all sound like this? So bitter, so angry and almost close to tears?

It really bits me.

@Purem, now that you have been liberated from God, do well to find a cure for your impotency.

You are a teenager and already impotent, wow.

Who is this poo self... Obviously a kid behind this moniker.
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by godfromGod: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
analice107:

Do you normally read your texts

Totally Immature undecided
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by godfromGod: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
purem:
it seems like the theists are pressing on the artheists on their pointless debate and arguments, if we could take all that aside and talk about REALITY here.

If you're a devoted CHRISTIAN, THEIST or THEOLOGY am expecting you to give a meaningful answer to this issues otherwise you're a SLAVE TO RELIGIOUS;

What can you say about a brother that has been a devoted CHRISTIAN for the years of his life and been praying and fasting to the Lord his God to help his predicament of been born has an impotence but the Lord is testing his faith, just same church a brother is worshipping, there was a new member that has the same problem but the Lord didn't test his faith he healed him. (God if you're reading this you need a psychiatrist to check your upstairs)

Now I know what y'all xtians be thinking "the gospel is for people like the new member so as to believe there is God"

OK on the second Sunday his influential told him about church but he was afraid to go thinking that he is not one of them perhaps the Lord may come and return him to the state he was before.

NB: let your explanation be a reality not a figment of your imagination, I don't argue with imagination.

Still more to come on the mean time.

Good Point Bro... They will rather attack you than to answer the question.

You should have noticed that, especially this cell107 or whatever its damn name is
Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by godfromGod: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2017
obisco4u:
Lord Devos to Lord Stanis Baratheon

"Prayers and Scarifices do not win wars. Soldiers and real men on the ground do."

The quickest way to make any problem worse is by praying to God about it. If you gat a problem, face it yourself.

Very very true and working

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Christians Came Up With Fact And Explanations About This Issues? by godfromGod: 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2017
Humanistme:

if he was referring to himself, he would have said so since it is a faceless forum and he can always deactivate and create a new account no need to lie.

you are not in his life neither are you in his mind and you do not know how close he is to his siblings or friends.

yet again you have shown your foolishness when he disagreed with your comment you started showing out and throwing insults..

Mrs born again grin

E tire me self

She gets brain not grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

According To Scriptures, RAPTURE Already Happened. Next Major Event Is Amageddon / Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja / Jesus Healed Using Cannabis, Study Shows - Exodus 30, Verses 22 – 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.