Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through (1449 Views)

6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences / Why Do Ladies Go To The Toilet And Urinate Immediately After Sex / When Ladies Go To The ATM With Their Boyfriends (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by magazineguy(m): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2017
Breakups are never easy to deal with. Relationships can go wrong so fast. One minute you’re telling each other how much you’re in love and the next minute you’re lying in bed with a pillow over your head, sheets soaked in tears wondering where it all went wrong. Of course this only applies if you’re the dumpee and not the dumper.

Just like there are stages of grief, there are also stages of heartbreak which any girl who has ever been dumped should be able to relate to.

Disbelief

This is the first stage. You get dumped and you really can’t believe it. If you get dumped via text, you read the message over and over again. If you get dumped in person or over the phone, you replay the entire scenario repeatedly in your head. Telling yourself that maybe you missed something, maybe you misunderstood…like the message wasn’t clear enough.

Sadness

This stage can come after anger (which is the third stage) but in most cases it comes before. This is when you sit in bed and cry if you’re a crier or you listen to songs that remind you of your now ex. You wear his hoodie, you read old text messages. You want to call but you really don’t want to feel pathetic so instead you eat and eat and eat and cry and eat some more. You cuddle with the teddy he bought you, you look at old pictures. This stage is usually the longest. It could last from a couple of days to a week or even more in some cases. If you can pass through this stage without calling or sending a text then you’re greater than most dumpees.

Anger

In this stage,you’re pissed that you got dumped. You want to know the reason or reasons. You want a clearer understanding of what went wrong. You delete pictures, delete text messages. Write a few hateful texts which you read and reread and then delete. Tempted to throw out his hoodie but then it’s really comfortable so you decide to keep it till you get a new one from the next guy. You call your friends and vent and you all hate him together.

Acceptance

This is the stage where you begin to accept that you’re broken up and there’s no changing what happened. You stop getting excited every time your phone rings hoping it’s him. You stop hoping he’ll text. You go about your usual activities without a knot in your chest, you breathe easier. You sleep better. This stage lasts the longest. You tell yourself you’ll remain single, take a break from relationships for a while and usually that’s what happens. This should be the last stage but no, there’s one more.

Flirt Stages

When you can finally go out and flirt meaninglessly. Give wink or two. You go out with your friends and meet new people. When you’re able to do all that without thinking of your ex then you have successfully completed one breakup cycle.

After going through all the stages from disbelief to acceptance and finally the flirt stage, then you can start a new relationship whenever you meet that person. Most people take weeks to go through the stages, some take months and they relapse interchangeably going from sadness to anger and back to sadness again. It’s important to know that this is normal and a lot of dumpees go through it.

Keep in mind that if the same person makes you go through all five stages more than twice, then that person isn’t right for you and you should not accept the next apology.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-stages-heartbreak-ladies/

cc
lalasticala, mynd44, dominique
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by TrapHedges(m): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
if it makes FP... I'll comment my opinion
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by tosyne2much(m): 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nice write-up. Permit me to add mine

Condemnation Stage

At the condemnation stage, all they do is to condemn guys, throw tantrums and call them all sorts of derogatory names. They become feminists and discourage their fellow ladies from being submissive and loyal to any man based on how they have been mayweathered by fcck boys. They are usually very pessimistic and are fond of saying, "guys are dogs, no guy can try nonsense with me, guys are not worth the stress jawe, never date broke guys" , etc cheesy

Consolation Stage

At this stage, they begin to console themselves with all sorts of adorable names due to how bad they have been treated by guys. They take to their social media page to heap loads of praises on themselves. You will see updates like "I know I am a woman of virtue, any man should be lucky to have me, any guy who loses me loses diamond, etc cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by VargasVee(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nice one. Also this

REBOUNDING

As a guy, when a lady is at this stage, run for your life. You'll only be an item to make her forget about her ex. There's factually no way you can ascertain she actually cares for you.

Usually at this stage induced relationships you hear the incessant comparison between you and the ex.

Her ex does this, you don't.

One day she'd probably wake up an tell you it's over for no concrete reason.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Blackhawk01: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
Flirt stage, my favourite stage. cheesy

Blowing kisses, giving naughty winks... wink
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by ImDharay: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
Uhm heart broken ladies?
what happened to the guys...

1 Like

Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Headlesschicken(m): 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
undecided
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Obodo999(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
You can NEVER completely get over someone if a child is involve. Quote me anywhere cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
Haven't experience any of those stages!i broke up with all my ex bfs. grin grin
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Dillusionist(m): 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
it doesn't take some people anything to forget whoever that may be..and there won't be any need for the aforementioned stages

1 Like

Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by subtlemee(f): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
I don't ever want to experience heart break again...I never thought I'll live to tell the story,i was stuck in sadness stage for God knows how long
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by luminouz(m): 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
subtlemee:
I don't ever want to experience heart break again...I never thought I'll live to tell the story,i was stuck in sadness stage for God knows how long
Really??
Tell me more!!!
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by hkidola00(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
subtlemee:
im serious,,,can u just brief it a little,no joke
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
Nice write-up. Permit me to add mine

Condemnation Stage

At the consolation stage, all they do is to condemn guys, throw tantrums and call them derogatory names. They become feminists and discourage their fellow ladies from being submissive loyal and submissive to any man based on how they have been mayweathered by fcck boys. They are usually team "being single rocks" cheesy

Consolation Stage

At this stage, they begin to console themselves with all sorts of adorable names due to how bad they have been treated by guys. They take to their social media page to heap loads of praises on themselves. You will see updates like "I know I am a woman of virtue, any man should be lucky to have me; all guys are dogs, marriage if not for everybody etc cheesy
isnt it supposed to be 10
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by tosyne2much(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
drunkcow:
isnt it supposed to be 10
That will be like I hijacked the thread nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
That's not my stages o.

stage 1-I try to change the person's mind for some weeks(if I was dumped o)

Stage 2- I accept its over after many trials

Stage 3- I stop giving a flying fuuuck

Stage 4-I'm already over the person and maybe in a new relationship, that's how fast I move on.

My sadness is not that the person left(I can always date another person), but the time wasted.
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by magazineguy(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2017
lalasticala, let's help get more ladies thoughts on this
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Lalas247(f): 8:34am On Aug 30, 2017
Nice one op so true
1 and 3 na my go to be dat lol grin
After that I forgive and then you become dead to me like DEAD ( don't exist)

Toysne2much u know it's guys that condemn u know most not mature ladies hardly do that only when pushed
That's a guy thing even rejection does that
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by DarkMagic(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2017
The sooner u stop giving fvcks...the better
No need to go thru all this grin
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by okabe(m): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
trying to get back together

I don't know the stage this happens but it almost always does

being difficult (aka punishing the next guy)

this one is a must! Na the last stage. E be like the trademark of naija girls grin just pray you're not the one. Na so funmi do me shege that year embarassed
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 31, 2017
Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 31, 2017
1. Disbelief/denial

I can't believe he broke up with me, I'm sure he will come back he just wants me to beg him

2. begging/trying to fix the relationship

you start calling him 10times+ in a day crying and asking him what you did, always saying you are sorry when you see him.

3. Deleting his contact/details from your phone

At this stage you will be forming I don't care, I won't call him, he can go to hell, he can die, this is also when u tell your friends not to speak about him again and you insult him to whoever cares to listen. you will actually slip up and still call him tho

4 Acceptance

finally you accept he doesn't want you anymore and you slowly begin to heal and it doesn't hurt as much as before.

The best step is to just find a rebound.

find a guy to rebound on and your feelings for ur ex will go away faster/easier

The best way to get over a guy is to get under another guy

1 Like

Re: 5 Stages Of Heartbreak Ladies Go Through by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 31, 2017
If all this stages won't fetch me money, abeg why stress myself, when niggas don't even date anymore.

Chai , cry but i remember one girl like that cheesy , omo this girl cried eh, but i felt sorry because i only played her. We still friends till today, because she will call, text and do all kinds of things just to make me realize that breaking her heart is wrong and she's sorry. Omo , i come begin dey reason the matter self grin . But you know nah ......

(1) (Reply)

I Spent 200k On Her Birthday But My Turn, She Bought Me Only Cake & Colored Sock / Kenyan SEXY Mama Shaking Her Booty / Lady Sends Back Christmas Gift God Sent Her, Demands For Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.