Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79328 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Inkie: 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2007
, seems we are gettin somethin wrong here!

nobody is arguin the fact that 2baba is an established star, yeah he is

but his new album is no way the one that is meant to come from an "established star" ,

I still repeat HE IS A STAR

but grass 2 grace is a flop, it cant cross Naija border xcept for some patriotic Nigerians dat will listen 2 it abroad

anywhere the 2 of them enters 2face will definitly be accorded more attention dan faze

angry, but that is not the argument?

d argument is not who is the STAR but WHO IS BETTER

to me faze is better, 4get sentiment and take a decision

using today as a premise 4 tomorrow

FAZE is BETTER QED grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Tayotere(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2007
smiley wink cool

if yu ave a good ear for good muzic

yu will come to the understandin that Faze is fast outrunnin 2baba

it might take time but he will get there

I got hold of "The Beginning Body & Soul" Plantashun's 1st album

and I must confess Faze was nowhere in that album everythin was 2 and black

that marked the beginnin for 2face

when they finally broke up no thanks to big bros

faze was caught unawares but his response was not a bad one at all, his first album made some impact at least it got him an award

The follow up to dat album "Independent" is the main thin now

That album will rake in some award for the guy

if he doesnt win continental am very sure he will be nominated

Faze is good let us shenk sentiment

Do Goooooooooooooood cheesy

If yu no send me, me I send yu cool
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2007
finally i have listened to independent and i have to give ma man faz some crdits especially for all those skits in the album cuz i like dem.anyway i guess faze was listening to loads of psquare songs when he was writing that album
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by kateflow(f): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2007
faze independent is the best
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2007
I'm so sorry i just listened to the faze's full album on duduradio.com to all faze fans out there i still can't here it. Maybe because the website is not all that clear (that'll be my excuse). I've tried to hear this THING u guys hear but I just still don't get. For faze fans out there I think I'm about to admit I don't have good ear for music because I'm really trying. Y not compare some songs side by side

Letter to my brother vs See me So - Tuface kills faze
One Love vs Need Somebody - My vote is still 2face
True Love vs Tattoo girls - thats kind of a tie for me

Even if 2face didn't do as well as his 1st album I still can't hear what make faze's album better

please if anyone has faze's album can u upload it. Maybe its because of the quality I've listened to most of the songs i don't dig them
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 8:36am On Mar 17, 2007
Check it out on www.duduradio.com

Tell me wat u tink?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2007
9ja4eva:

Check it out on www.duduradio.com

Tell me what u think?
girl stop arguing 2face is better than faze angry angry angry, and Are u Faze PR or what angry angry angry

anyway how have u been
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by LORD101(m): 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2007
Shaka,

Why dont you just commend whats the best, instead of looking 4 an inexistent lapse.  Maybe i didnt get you right, or did you mean Psquare's songs influenced Faze's Album? Please dont start this, cos you would certainly get battered in the process. FAZE COPYING COPIERS? Gush, abeg no think am, say something else or hush
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by LORD101(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2007
Mr Me Too,

You do not feel an Album by listening to it once, ok

And on ur comparison;

See me so  -  Letter to my brother = i give it to Faze( cos dt reply track was composed, written and done in just 2 days)

One love - Need somebody = Faze again (Better lyrics)

True Love and Tattoo girls = Faze ( More innovative)

Try Alphabeltic love and On a Plane

Listen to INDEPEDENT for just half of the time you have used  for GRACE TO GRASS, and u would know you have hitherto been unfair
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2007
@lord 101,is it our biznezz that faze composed [letter to my brother]in just 2 dayz,whot are u tryin to say,i don't even know wot he is replying to,because even if tuface was trying say something to faze in [see me so]it wasn't obvious that it was targeted to face but faze own was clear,i don't know why he is cashing on 2face to sell albums,anyway that song[letter to ma brother]is ma favorite song but not because OF all this bullshit around it as in a reply to tuface because tuface didn't say anything to faze in that song.if i should give credits to both  albums because of content and versatility then i will give 2baba 100%. i love letter to brother,alphabeltic love and kpo kpo di kpo and others are jus okay. abeg loRd101 ,how do u know that faze wrote that song in two dayz,are the producer or wot
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2007
Am watching KOLOMENTAL now on MTV, that video is tight, FAZE 4 LIFE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by star01(m): 2:27am On Mar 20, 2007
punk dey lie 4 ursef am always on MTV 24 ve nt seen shyt like dat
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 2:37am On Mar 20, 2007
LORD101:

Mr Me Too,

You do not feel an Album by listening to it once, ok

And on your comparison;

See me so - Letter to my brother = i give it to Faze( because dt reply track was composed, written and done in just 2 days)

One love - Need somebody = Faze again (Better lyrics)

True Love and Tattoo girls = Faze ( More innovative)

Try Alphabeltic love and On a Plane

Listen to INDEPEDENT for just half of the time you have used for GRACE TO GRASS, and u would know you have hitherto been unfair
what are u smoking are u kidding me, everything u said he false.
Tattoo girl is wack compared to True love, anyway ur comparison is just wrong
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2007
@star01 ma nigga for shizzy,i guess he is watching it in mtv base nigeria cuz is different from yankee mtv
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2007
You guys must be blind and  deaf, KOLOMENTAL VIDEO was an EXCLUSIVE  VIDEO(was played atleast 7 times daily) on MTV 4 the first 2 weeks of its release, and now its played DAILY on MTV NON STOP HITS. Bad  bele people, for ur information truth is sacred, if you lie, i dont.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2007
@LORD 101
First off I haven't listened to most of the songs on the album more than once but the ones everyone raves about are on my playlist and I keep listening to it every time. So its not that accurate for u to say I'm basing my comparison by listening to it once. Secondly, I guess everyone would just love what they love. Can't see the big deal with faze YET. So i'll still keep jamming my 2Baba. Tattoo girls more innovative, hmmm (there's something about u, o girl o girl o girl) Hmmmm!!!. So "Letter to My Brother" was a reply to 'see me so". Why does that dude love crying over tuface that he had to quickly write a reply in 2 days. Wow so tuface still makes that guy rich haha. Don't worry we'll beg tuface to keep bringing songs like that more often so that faze would keep eating

Omo Eko:

what are u smoking are u kidding me, everything u said he false.
Tattoo girl is wack compared to True love, anyway your comparison is just wrong

shaka mc:

@lord 101,is it our biznezz that faze composed [letter to my brother]in just 2 dayz

true talk
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2007
@baro,we are not doubting it but u have to understand that we watch different mtv from the one u watch,mtv base nigeria is different from uk and us.do u get it  emptyhead.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2007
I WATCHED THE AMAA AWARD WHERE 2BABAA PERFORMED.MENNNNNNNN!! I KNOW ALL FAZE FANS WATCH THAT AWARD HE THRILLED THE CROWD TO ORGASM!!!!!!!!!!!!.WELL THERE IS NO NEED 4 ARGUEMENT KOLOMENTAL ENJOY MASSIVE AIRPLAY SOME FEW WKS AFTER IT'S RELEASE BUT NOW IN NIGERIA 2BABA DON STEAL D AIRPLAY WITH SEE ME SO,IF LOVE IS A CRIME,NO SHAKIN,FOR INSTANCE,E BE LIKE SAY,ONE LOVE,TRUE LOVE,MY LOVE, DJ'S NOW PLAY ALL THESE MUSIC MINUTE IN MINUTE OUT.THOSE IN NIGERIA KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING.DESPITE YOUR CLAIM 2BABA IS HEADLINING MAJOR SHOWS IN NIGERIA FROM HIPHOPWORLD AWARD TO IBOM 2OO6 TO AMAA AWARD.I KNOW FAZE IS EITHER IN LASPOTECH OR EKPOMA DISHING OUT KOLOMENTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO GOD HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by DeLimit1: 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2007
You do not need to bring down FAZE by all means cos you want to raise TUFACE, as for me i will go for INDEPENDENT, Nigerian artistes are coming of age
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 11:57am On Mar 21, 2007
@eleshin,thanks for the info,dis is the time for real shows and not campus shows. grin grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by derinsola(f): 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2007
I WILL GIVE FAZE 2 THUMBS UP FOR HIS ALBUM

BUT I THINK 2 FACE DIDN'T DO THE WORK BY HIMSELF JUST GIVE HIM A LITTLE CREDIT FOR TRYING
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Pointblank: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2007
Tuface's first album was way tighter than his sophomore, while Fazes's INDEPENDENT beats his debut, this is progress as far as i am concerned. Faze is on the rise , INDEPENDENT is better and tighter than GRASS TO GRACE.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2007
THIS IS NOT ABOUT BRINGING SOMEONE DOWN.CAN YOU TELL ME A MAJOR SHOW THAT FAZE HAD FEATURED IN AFTER THE RELEASE OF HIS ALBUM.AND TO YOU POINTBLANK 'GRASS TO GRACE' IS MORE MATURE THAN 'FACE 2 FACE'.RICHER IN CONTENT,TARGETED MORE AUDIENCE AND THE MIXING WAS EXCELLENT.EVEN YOU PUNDITS CAN NOT DO WITHOUT LISTENING TO HIS MUSIC I MEAN THE BALE OF NIGERIA.DO YOU KNOW THAT HE JUST BOUGHT 25MILLION NAIRA DUPLEX IN FESTAC,HE IS ABOUT TO ACQUIRE 2 POWERFUL AUTOMOBILE TO COMPLIMENT THE EDIFICE.HI STUDIO IS ALMOST READY FOR BUSINESS AND HE IS THE CEO OF HYPERTEK ENTERTAINMENT.
WHO GOD HA BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Pointblank: 1:57am On Mar 22, 2007
Cut the crap, if its money then Obesere would be it, apart from acquiring the whole world, please tell your Mumu friend to get a private English teacher too, so he would drop less dumb lines like: That was why the late tortoise FALL from the sky. Anyway i wish him well if he wants to go INDEPENDENT like FAZE. I love that track Kpo kpo di kpo kpo di kpo kpo di kpo.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2007
Pointblank:

Tuface's first album was way tighter than his sophomore, while Fazes's INDEPENDENT beats his debut, this is progress as far as i am concerned. Faze is on the rise , INDEPENDENT is better and tighter than GRASS TO GRACE.

Yeah that is it oh.As for those saying Faze has not featured in any major show i want to say that 2face being with Kennis helped i promoting him.Faze is rising high so watch him.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2007
@9ja4eva,please,i want u to know that record labels don't bring shows for their artists,show and events organisers seek for the best and popular artist to perform in their shows or events according to their budjet.this popularity is judged by radio airplays,video plays and djs,i don't just mean popularity as in anybody afterall there are people like daddy showkey,idris and so on.please i want u to know dat kennis music have notthing to with 2face apperances in big shows.good music brings good shows and it brings good money and the the record label takes their percent.i hate it when u people open ur mouth and talk rubbish that u don't know.are u a show promoter or event manager?wot gives u the gut to open ur mouth say buillshit.i hate it,wot we need here is real info!! embarassed embarassed
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Tunes: 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2007
Whoa this is an interesting read, nice arguments from both sides. Dont really know much about Faze, but Tuface got skills, how do I know well I happen to be one of the producers on Grass to Grace, we did "No Shaking", and I remember when we arrived Chicago (I live in NY) to record, Tuface had only verse and the hook (which he did the first time I played the beat for him in his house in naija), he wrote the 2 n 3rd verse b4 we left for the studio in the night, his delivery was on point and he did all his takes in one shot (very impressive), Anyways am not crazy crazy about naija singers like that, but when I met 2face I knew the guy knows his stuff, from his whistling (which he puts on some of his songs), to his voice texture, tonality, I had to give it up to him.

I know arguments are good n entertaining, but let us not put any of them down, appreciate them, and I know they have more to offer n will continue to grow as artists, Support the music as long as it is good
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2007
@TUNES,U RE WELCOME TO DA HOUSE BUT SOON MOST OF THESE EMPTYHEADS WILL START BEEFING U CUZ U WERE ONE OF THE PRODUCERS OF GRASS TO GRACE,THEY THINK NAIRALAND IS JUS FOR LOSERS AND THAT IS WHY MOST OF THEM DOUBT PEOPLE DAT GIVE DEM FACTS.KEEP DOIN UR THANG TUNES BUT MAKE U SURE U MAKE MORE FUNKY TUNES LIKE NO SHAKING YH.1 wink wink
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2007
@Tunes
Thanks for explaing to the mumu's and 2face haters in the house wink grin grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2007
@ pointblank
2face is richer than 90% 0f the english professorS in NIGERIA.why do you pessimist always look at the dark side of your fellow brother.what have you achieve with your fluent english.adedibu is a stark illiterate but he is ruling oyo state indirectly,abacha a half educated man wud have become the richest man in the whole world if not 4 the intervention of death.prof. wole soyinka is of the same peer group with obasanjo and prof. is far more academically sound than obj. but d dull one is a president of a nation while the brilliant one is just a mere lecturer.I THINK THIS FORUM SHUD BE AN AVENUE FOR PRECOCIOUS PPLE WHO HAVE INTELLECTUAL SKILL TO SUPPORT THEIR INTELLIGENCE, NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO BESIDES THEIR INTELLECTUAL DEFORMITIES THEY DONT POSSESS MORAL INFIRMITIES OF AN AVERAGE STANDARD TO DISCUSS ISSUES.MIC TUNES I SAW UR PRODUCTION SKILL IN NO SHAKIN AND I FEEL IT TO THE MARROW,KEEP IT UP BWOY!.TO ALL HATERS 2FACE IS FLYING AND HE WILL CONTINUE TO SOAR HIGHER
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Tunes: 7:47pm On Mar 22, 2007
Thanks Shaka Mc, by God's Grace we will continue to make hot beats, and I have been a member for a min, just a reader though.

@Eleshin, the fact is he probably speaks better english than some people on this site, he just chooses to express himself in pidgin english, esp in interviews, an he writes songs in english, so I dont know why people think he cant speak english, but hey its all good

And lets not forget that they are both good for the naija music, one tree cant build a forest, the better artists/musicians we have, the bigger naija music gets, and the better the quality.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Pointblank: 1:10am On Mar 23, 2007
Thats how someone without sentiments speaks, props TUNES. My brother, in case you don't know, FAZE was the 3rd of the three in the group; PLANTASHUN BOIZ, the group had TUFACE AND BLACKFACE too(heard they are doing a reunion album soon). FAZE is tight, i mean very tight, he is presently with AKON'S CONVICT MUSIC. I hope you feel him soon, i know you will; surely. Keep keeping it real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply)

Music: Download Travis Scott – Sicko Mode Ft. Drake / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive / Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.