Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79348 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2007
It wasn't baro who said that keke used to organize shows for 2face,it was me and thats the truth,if you watched primetime africa those days when 2face was still an up and coming musician,you wont dare to argue this with me.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2007
Yeah you go ahead insult me, the truth really hurts right?

I wasn't the one who made that post you just credited to me, ok. Anway my take on that is this; i dont see anything wrong with Keke organising shows 4 his artistes, what i have against them is how they come on air to hype and blow them out of proportion, so annoying. Am happy that viewers are less gullible these days as the growth in the industry is cutting down on their monopoly and have also enhanced viewer consciousness/awareness

With your version of the KORA Award Stuff which is not so different from mine, isnt it easy to read between the lines? i.e that the award was wrested from Sasha?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2007
sect:

Haha world class indeed,just because kennis can 'afford' to organize a show for 2face abroad and in a black community to be precise doesnt mean he's world class,even femi kuti who won a grammy nomination isn't refered to as world class.

I can see the state of denial you're on is on another level. Honestly, I do not like to insult people online but Sect please I know you're way smarter than what u wrote down. You guys have put together 2 people that are not on the same level and thats the reason u guys have to come up with these kinds of ridiculously absurd posts. If u must know, I find sponsors for concerts (i've mentioned it before, do it 4 fun not full time at all). I have been able to get sponsors for 2 shows so far, when 2face came and when D'banj came earlier in the yr. Here's how concerts work. . . a promoter, that wants to make money for his own pocket, meets up with artists management team and agrees on something and blah blah. Its the duty of the promoter to organize the event, promote it, if necessary market the artist in that area, pay for anything the artists requires (so far its in the contract obviously) and so on. No Keke involvement, Don Jazzy was around but it wasn't in his place to even pay 5cents for anything. D'banj went out to DC and shopped on these promoters. Thats what promoters do. Keke paid for his shows wow. Sect r u kidding? Its sounds more ridiculous as I write. 2face is in high demand, people that are trying to take him around the world are in a line that goes around the corner. He just left Sweden and we all know theres nothing "black" about Sweden, the swedes are the whitest of the whites with their bleach blond hair. So sect please if this comparison is going to make u keep writing stuff like this down please look for another artist you can compare faze to. I'm sure they're so many out there that u'll be able to put him up against that won't make u sound the way u do.

And i'm sure it was Keke that paid the DC/Baltimore tv station that invited 2face to their show too right?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2007
Dis is most def not d time to argue abt tu or faze esp wen we already have dumb arguements in favour of faze on floor . Theres bigger fish to fry rite now, wil be back on dis thread 2day, wen we GUN dem down and beat them black and BLUE.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2007
Mrmetoo When u say someone is world class,it means such a person is one of d 'best' in d 'world',just cos 2face won mtv & mobo award or cos he's able 2 stage shows abroad doesn't make him a world class artist.When a world class artist stages a show anywhere u see ''millions'' of fans gather 2 watch him,heavy security mounted from airport 2 destination,infact don't let me go further,its very funny dat 1 can call 2face world class lol, 2 silly.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 2:13am On Dec 17, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2007
sect:

Mrmetoo When u say someone is world class,it means such a person is one of d 'best' in d 'world',just because 2face won mtv & mobo award or because he's able 2 stage shows abroad doesn't make him a world class artist.When a world class artist stages a show anywhere u see ''millions'' of fans gather 2 watch him,heavy security mounted from airport 2 destination,infact don't let me go further,its very funny that 1 can call 2face world class lol, 2 silly.

Oh i see
well to let you know, When 2 was in Barbados, the Security was heavy
i have some pics of him in barbados , tried attaching it but it wont cos the file is too big
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2007
@effa lets not kid ourselves here,world class artists are the likes of r kelly beyonce,akon,madonna,eminem,shakira,michael jackson,bob marley,lucky dube,2pac,elton john inshort i'll take it that you guys are cracking jokes here and its a very very funny one,hahaha i'm always laughin my ass off whenever i remember this topic,try to compare 2face wit the above list and lets see what you'll make out of it.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2007
Thats all u just have to do
Keep laughing while 2 is climbing the ladder to reach for more greatness
Come to think of it, if they were to mention top 15 or 20 artist in Africa do you think ur boy will make it
Mind you tuface leads the park of artist in Nigeria
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2007
Effa you're making it sound as if i'm jealous of 2face,so cos i'm admitting that 2face isn't world class means i'm wishing him failure?ok faze isn't world class,does dat statement mean that i dont want him 2 progress on the 'ladder of greatness' ? NO. And what do you mean by pack of artists in naija,please can you elaborate that statement for me,i dont get it.Infact this thread is getting more ridiculous day by day,we all know who's album is better and lets pray they both improve their works next year.Adios
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by goldenboy3(m): 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2007
sect:

Effa you're making it sound as if i'm jealous of 2face,so because i'm admitting that 2face isn't world class means i'm wishing him failure?ok faze isn't world class,does that statement mean that i don't want him 2 progress on the 'ladder of greatness' ? NO. And what do you mean by pack of artists in naija,please can you elaborate that statement for me,i don't get it.Infact this thread is getting more ridiculous day by day,we all know who's album is better and lets pray they both improve their works next year.Adios

Effa:

Thats all u just have to do
Keep laughing while 2 is climbing the ladder to reach for more greatness
Come to think of it, if they were to mention top 15 or 20 artist in Africa do you think your boy will make it
Mind you tuface leads the park of artist in Nigeria

sect,
Guy, who have not answer his question! cool
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zikk(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2007
Faze  is  simply  outstanding,call  him a  dark  horse
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2007
Guess my last post was incomplete.Effa you asked if they were to mention top 15 or 20 artists in africa,will faze's name be there? Well i cant answer ur question cos i dont know whom you are refering 2 as 'they' anybody could be 'they' so you should be more specific.Personally i know faze is undoubtedly one of the best artist in africa as well as sound sultan, paul dairo,asa etc.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
hey y'all, I've been around watching and one thing I've realised about this thread is that there are visitor posters and regular poster. The regular posters are we that argue all the time and the visitors are the ones that just drop by and drop their opinion. Out of all the visitor poster, over 70% of them are for faze cos their eyes are open to the truth, faze is being appreciated more everyday, those that were bliind to the truth are having their eyes now open. It's only a matter of time before y'all will realise.
It's Pheesayor!!!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by goldenboy3(m): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2007
phessayor,
You dis boy you ve started ur empty contributions again!You are thereby sentence to 2 weeks reading only-airing your view is prohibited hence you receive more sanctions.Okay cool
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2007
@pheesayor

pheesayor:

hey y'all, I've been around watching and one thing I've realised about this thread is that there are visitor posters and regular poster. The regular posters are we that argue all the time and the visitors are the ones that just drop by and drop their opinion. Out of all the visitor poster, over 70% of them are for faze because their eyes are open to the truth, faze is being appreciated more everyday, those that were bliind to the truth are having their eyes now open. It's only a matter of time before y'all will realise.
It's Pheesayor!!!

I didn't know u had to see a vision to appreciate good music sha. All this they've seen the truth like its some conspiracy we're dealing with here. Its music my brother, people listen and appreciate. If you want to know go by internet props go to their myspace page and many other forums and websites and see how many hits and comments these guys get. Don't limit yourself to Nairaland, the www is such a huge community to base your conclusion on Nairaland

@sect

Apart from the numerous pressmen that met up with 2face at the airport, other VIPs including Miss Barbados went to welcome him at the airport. If those are not part of the perks of being a world class artist, I don't know what is
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2007
Like i said earlier on lets not kid ourselves here,i made a list of A plus artists,why dont you compare them 2face,someone like 2face cant even perform in a grammy award ceremony cos its for classic artists,2face is not an artist that can attract hundreds of millions of fans to watch his show,there's more to being a world class artist other than music performance in different countries,2 be world class,you av 2 be one of d best in the world,its like sayin mikel obi is world class cos he's in chelsea.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2007
Like i said earlier on lets not kid ourselves here,i made a list of A plus artists,why dont you compare them 2face,someone like 2face cant even perform in a grammy award ceremony cos its for classic artists,2face is not an artist that can attract hundreds of millions of fans to watch his show,there's more to being a world class artist other than music performance in different countries,2 be world class,you av 2 be one of d best in the world,its like sayin mikel obi is world class cos he's in chelsea.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ baro,
batman samini won the MOBO award in 2006,tetuila was nominated in the same year,how come you are saying he was under kennis?.it seems you dont understand all so many but pretend to know a lot.his contract with kennis end in 2005 and he was nominated for an award in 2006,how come the kennis influence?.
about sasha nd 2face,the award then was the most promising artist in 2005,it is a selection of new artists from all the geographical regions in africa.the screening use to take plce in all these region,they dont screen by profile or resume,all they do is to call you on stage to perform.and this they did in ghana where sasha came first and 2face second,like i dis post earlier,after the regional screening there was still another screening in south africa for the award and this entail the video and some other details which then sasha didn't have.she was disqualified some days before the award.baro,you are not well informed because even though 2face was nominated he did not win the award in that year,it was even an 11 year old boy from one country that i've 4gotten that won the award,if truly there was keke influence, i'm sure 2face must have had 2 kora in his shelf .
kaha and 2face,when kaha released his first effort 2face was still a member of p'boiz,how come kennis was bringing him dowm.you may go and watch kaha video again,it features the p'boiz not only 2face,and now he just release two singles after one year of grass2grace in the market.i just think you guys should believe that we have the fact so you shud beware of what you post.i know you are lawyer or what ever but i'm also a philosopher so i have all my evidence before i post.i will love to reply to ur reply,hope to hear frm you soonest.
sect, going by ur list,you mean there is no world class artist in africa?.wake guys in africa right now apart from akon there is no artist that is bigger than 2face idibia,he's been there done that.if you want to believe we have world class artist in africa then you should think 2face.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2007
Please answer this simple question, with which albulm did Tetuila get that MOBO nomination, please be precise
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2007
The fact is that , the MOBO nomination was like a parting gift from "Almighty Keke" to Tetuila. Tony got that UNDESERVED nomination courtesy his Ego Better Album which had tracks like Ego Better, Fefe na fe etc, and that album was released under Kennis. When an album is released under a label, the label is responsible for everything concerning that album; promotions, awards etc, so what are we arguing about? It's like 2face winning an Award with his Grace to Grass Album, and you say he wasnt won under Kennis, when we all know that musical contracts, especially in Naija is signed with express reference to albums, i.e Tu's contract with Keke was for 2 albums and as such Keke is to work for the success of the 2 albums, simple. The only way you can convince me is when you prove to me that Tetuila got that Nomination with his last effort; "Free Soldier" which is even a worse album compared to the wack Ego Better" and  that would only make the nomination more undeserved. But offcourse that nomination was certainly a product of  Kennis Ego better album. Up Keke undecided
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2007
^^^^^^^^

BWAHAHAHAHahhaha

am I really reading this right? so now tetuila's nomination was PARTING gift?

some faze fans have become rather pathetic. all these excuses are just hilarious

pele faze fans. pele
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2007
and LMFAO at nairaland's small poll being the say-all be-all of faze's popularity. faze is in trouble if that's the case

i've said this before so i'll say it again, if you're so hell bent on thinking that nairaland is that important, then also take a look at EVERY thread that has the word "2face" or "tuface" in it. shouldn't be hard b/c most of them have the most views and are always near the top.

too bad hardly anyone discusses faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2007
Funny enough Faze appear in more topics on the Nairaland Music front page, that's if i am to judge your Tu by your yardstick
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2007
you're either delusional or a flat out liar

LOL at faze appearing in more topics

LOL

so sad
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2007
they're in roughly the same amount and that's not even considering the "celebrities" section

LOL
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
Baro:

Funny enough Faze appear in more topics on the Nairaland Music front page, that's if i am to judge your Tu by your yardstick

LOL

and i just LOVE how those subjects ONLY recently come onto the front page only after akon DENIED faze on national tv

don't worry. i'm about to start another faze/2face one. hold on a second
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2007
This is the reason why i said this thread is becoming ridiculous everyday and even boring,everyone av run out of points to the extent that number of artist's name appearance is being used to judge them,very very very ludicrous.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by playmate(f): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
yeah i agree dis thread is bcomin ridiculous.pple re nw postin senseless stuffs. undecided
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2007
concrete:

LOL

and i just LOVE how those subjects ONLY recently come onto the front page only after akon DENIED faze on national tv

don't worry. i'm about to start another faze/2face one. hold on a second

I was going to say the same, the only reason faze has appeared so much is because of Akon's denial. All other faze's threads get more hits because some faze fan decides to include 2face's name, maybe to increase traffic, just to increase the number of pages on a faze thread.

@sect
Its actually you guys that ran out of stuff to say about your darling faze a long time ago. Thats the reason u guys have created all these theories and conspiracies and stuff, talking about kennis and paying for shows. . . that still cracks me up. You guys knew a long time ago that if we had simply tabulated their qualities, music and accomplishments, this argument would have been over a long time ago. Every ridiculous argument has stemmed from a faze fan and one of their ridiculous excuses or arguments
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2007
Any publicity is good publicity, the only time i can rememeber Tu having threads everywhere was the period he was shot, so please spare me

Ridiculous you call it, but your co fans, who have attempted to disprove the "ridiculous" have all ended up inadvertently confirming it or intentionally avoiding it, i.e the KORA stuff, Tetuila's MOBO  just to name a few. Let me ask you, have you ever tried to do an independent research on Kennis, or  better still try going through any thread on Kennis right here on Nairaland (please dont tell me it's not your biz, cos it would shape your subsequent posts)

Keke can can make any ordinary artiste a SUPERSTAR, examples abound. That is the point
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 5:17am On Dec 18, 2007
all the ridiculous stories against kennis have yet to be substantiated. PERIOD. fact. it is just speculation from little faze fans that have NOTHING yet to hang onto. i can't wait for 2face's new material to come out in 2008 so that WHEN (not if but WHEN) he also gets nominated for it, you guys will have to scramble to find who to credit

about 2face topics: what are you even talking about?
all you have to do is search 2face's name within nairaland. there are countless threads relating to his love life, his shows/appearances, his finances/wealth, comparisons with akon/jay z/dbanj/faze among others and the list goes on

again, you already know this so why bother lying. stop acting like people only talked about him when he was shot. they talked about him before that and CONTINUE to do so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (72) (Reply)

Music: Download Travis Scott – Sicko Mode Ft. Drake / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive / Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.