Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Three Sides Of A Coin - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Sides Of A Coin (156753 Views)

Messiah's Poem: The Poverty Alleviation Coin (PAC) & Naira Marley Coin (NMC). / *sides Of Love* / sides Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 7:25am On Sep 25, 2017
Dynamik007:
good morning fiyah... nice update... hmm what is DON.... fiyah.. hmm you are a suspect fiyah this update hmm...... kudos friend... who I wish we could go just fast..

Lol. I didn't even know how the don got there. It was a typo Sir. Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dynamik007(m): 7:32am On Sep 25, 2017
thanks anyway.... you are a genius... thumbs up... I love your write up(s)...

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by mhizcutie(f): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2017
lovely story fiyah

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2017
oh my my .....Ann love already..... dalu nwanne

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
update bikonu plssssss

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Honeydawealth(f): 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ooooooh! Oooooooh! Fiyah,why did u av to stop there now? Pls give us more...... I'm enjoying it..... MORE!!!! I repeat......... Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Amenya96(f): 5:13am On Sep 27, 2017
my sweet fiyah, oh how I miss you. you're a great writter and I will always read your stories. why did you stop silhouette?

3 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bimberry1307(f): 2:48am On Sep 29, 2017
oh fiyah baby, please update oooo

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Slimeesha(f): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
Fiyah darling pls coman update

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by 123456dr(f): 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by wizsolzy(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
Can I get some updates please

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by spiceybae(f): 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Fiyah hwfr na...i nid update biko

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Gloria007(f): 7:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
Fiyah,what is going on?In other news,I checked you out on Twitter... Beautiful and Young

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by pitlaterine(f): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Are you a freelance writer? Do you want to earn money by writing articles?

Join www.ni-lance.com now and write yourself into fame.

P.S: www.ni-lance.com is a Nigerian freelance website.
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
*EHI*

'You are really going on a date with him?' David's voice boomed from right behind me. He was standing at the foot of the stairs and how I missed him while descending the stairs still amazes me.

To say I was stunned would be an understatement, I was simply shocked. Concealing my shock as hard as, I could, I turned my gaze to look at him.

'David.' I said forcing an excited smile. He had his hands in his trouser's pocket and was wearing a green blazer underneath of which was a white shirt. On the shirt, a black tie was held with a tie clip.

'Should I take your evasion as 'guilty as charged'?' He said again as he walked toward me. His accusing tone was enough to drag me off the edge.

'I don't know how long you've been standing there but judging by the tone of your voice and the only word you are emphasizing, I am afraid you might have misconstrued me.' I replied trying to not sound fazed by his intimidating pose.

'It doesn't matter whether I met the conversation halfway or at the end, fact remains, you were going to go on a date with him.' He said stopping before me, his hand still stuck in his pocket.

'Come to think of it, I never knew going on a DINNER with MY BOSS to discuss WORK RELATED ISSUES would require a thorough investigation from no other person than my MY COLLEAGUE who also happens to be MY BESTFRIEND'S BOYFRIEND' I said while etching up a nervous smile on my face.

'Is that a subtle way of saying this is none of my business?' He asked, pointing his index finger at his chest.

'Maybe. Cos I fail to understand how my professional relationship with my boss would raise this many questions' I said, holding the smile in place even though I was just boiling inside.

'I think it is my business once your professional relationship with your boss requires you shoving unsolicited and ridiculous advice down my girlfriend's throat.' He leaned closer to say that to me while putting an air quote on the 'professional'.

I felt my mouth widen in surprise as I tried hard to blink out what he was insinuating.

'Are we having this interrogation because I thought it right to advice my best friend to drop the childishness and make up with her father and her brother?' I rhetorically asked while silently wishing all these to be a very bad hallucination.

'No, we are having this conversation because you wanted Rhoda to make up with your boyfriend.' He dropped that like a time bomb. And yeah, he did a good job cos that exploded right in my face.

My brain wasted a few minutes processing that then it dawned on me he actually meant what he was said.

'Seriously? You really think I am dating Peter?' I asked scoffing.

'I KNOW you are dating him… The cafeteria, in the office… you guys act like couples. Rumours has been making rounds that you guys are seeing each other. I didn't want to believe it but you just had to prove me right.' He said with a smirk lingering on his face like a detective who has succeeded in cracking a century old case.

'So, you have been stalking me. Us rather. Peter and I.' I asked to be sure I heard him correctly.

'I wouldn't call it stalking but if you call it that, then it fits. Anyway, that isn't even the point here. The point is you are using your position as someone Rhoda trusts to make things easy for your boyfriend.' He said again, as-a-matter-of-fact kind of.

'Wow, that makes sense. How I wish I have a tape recorder to have everything you say taped down so that you can listen to how very ridiculous you sound.' I said, getting offended.

I never thought I would be here getting pissed at David but he was somehow creeping me out with his questions.

There was something in his eyes I couldn't place.

'How did he even win you over? Is it the money? Or is it, you know…. Sex?' I was taken aback by his last statement. I felt my mouth dry up in an instant and my cheeks seemed to be in flames. I glanced around to see if anyone heard him, but it appeared nobody did. People were busy filing out of the almost empty basement.

'No offence actually,' It appeared he wasn't done because he continued, ignoring my terminal volcano state. 'But judging by your past relationships and everything, I couldn't help thinking you would jump in bed with anybody that comes your way just to feel loved again. But, dammit, the sex must have been really good.' He ended with a sly wink.

Okay that was it.

He simply went way overboard and I was thirsty to feel my palm on his cheeks but I couldn't. My hands felt numb and too heavy for me to lift.

'I am done talking to you.' I blinked away the tears welling up in my eyes and turned to walk back to my office.

'Quick question though, does Jane knows Jack has been visiting you?' He yelled after me.

I didn't bother looking back to see his expression when he said that. I tried not to trip off my shoes as I carefully strode to my office while madly wanting to convince myself that the weird dude I just talked to wasn't David.

The David I've known all my life would never say such insensitive things and if I were someone who believed in demons, I would have thought he was possessed by one.

I got to my office and flung myself on the swivel chair. I relaxed comfortably in it while twirling left and right with closed eyes. That was a strategy to flush out the nasty episode that occurred a few minutes ago off my head.

I was partly glad I was going to have dinner with Peter. As his friend. He trusted me enough to admit he doesn't have a friend and I believed him judging by the sincerity in his eyes.

When Peter first came to the office, he was a snob. He shut everyone out. A reason I eventually had to link to his terrible childhood.

He deserves a chance to trust someone now especially since he is willing to let someone in and I just can't deny him that on an excuse as flimsy as my friendship with Rhoda.

It would just be an harmless dinner.

David doesn't have to ruin this. It is totally harmless.

But is it?

Am I suddenly feeling comfortable with Peter even though I shouldn't?

Is Peter really worthy of giving up my decade old friendship?

I felt the need to weigh the magnitude of my decisions on whether or not to go for a dinner that could make or mar.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by gr8skillz(m): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
Nice story
But don't you think this is too short? or is it just an appetizer? 'cos I'm famished for more already.

Much love

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Joislim(f): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
fiyah.... I thought you have forgotten us
how are you doing dear

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Joislim(f): 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
how are you doing dear

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
Joislim:
how are you doing dear
I can't now
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Akazeta(f): 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
Just starting this story,i think i like it already

2 Likes

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Fshalom7(f): 3:10am On Oct 02, 2017
Thank u 4 dat bt we want more!!

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:46am On Oct 02, 2017
gr8skillz:
Nice story
But don't you think this is too short? or is it just an appetizer? 'cos I'm famished for more already.

Much love

Another update should be coming right up

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 6:47am On Oct 02, 2017
Gloria007:
Fiyah,what is going on?In other news,I checked you out on Twitter... Beautiful and Young

Thanks Ma'am
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dynamik007(m): 6:57am On Oct 02, 2017
fiyah, am falling in love with you... .... this is good... I wait to read the updates.... thumbs up to you and the Reader's too..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Dynamik007(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2017
True intelligence comes when you can see all sides of an issue.

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by pezysolemn(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2017
Nice writeup fiyah...u are indeed good
Very good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by bellefidel(f): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
David is a bastard .....mtchewww #Ehipet

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
David a real villain

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by crislyn(f): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
A4dams:
David a real villain
That guy is seriously up to no good.
Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by gr8skillz(m): 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
fiyah:

Another update should be coming right up

I've been refreshing this page since..., just give me the IP address to your medulla, let me hack in there and demodulate the remaining episodes biko

Don't keep me waiting, I'm seriously serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2017
crislyn:

That guy is seriously up to no good.
seriously he is acting too desperate. Why can't he face peter so that one can punch his faces. Madman wanna marry CEO of a company his father didn't build

1 Like

Re: Three Sides Of A Coin by fiyah(f): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2017
*RHODA*
'You are five minutes behind time! You need to get dressed as fast as possible.' I said as I shuffled through the dresses hanging inside Ehi's closet.

I took a particular interest in a yellow, short jumpsuit which had glistening silver stones adorning its neck.

'This is nice… How come I've never see you wear it?' I said, throwing the jumpsuit at her. She made no move to catch it as it ended up right at her feet.

Ehi sat on the bed, her PC on her outstretched leg while a pair of glasses hung loosely on her nose. Her lack of interest got me folding my hands across my chest while I gave her a stomach turning frown.

'What?' She said, her eyes still fixed on her laptop screen. She must have seen me from the corner of her eyes. 'I thought I made myself clear when I said I am not going anywhere.' She said finally shutting the PC which she shoved to her side.

'What did this guy ever do to you to deserve this? You are making it seem like loving you is some big crime.' I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air to ascertain my point.

She bit her lower lip to finally look at me in the face.

'You get carried away easily when it comes to my business. Nobody asked you to go through my phone in the first place. In some cultures, that is considered very rude and you could go to jail for it.' She said glaring at me before continuing. 'Besides you are getting it all wrong, there was never a date or love or romance of any sort. You don't even know who I was texting before you snatched the phone off my hands!' She said as she removed the glasses from her eyes.

'I don't need to know who it was. You were calling off a dinner with someone and that is enough reason for me to snatch your phone off of your hands. I knew it was Fred even though you chose not to save his contact. You not trying to dismiss my suspicion proves my point.' I tried to explain myself.

'Okay. Thanks very much for your concern and for creeping up on me while I personally text someone. I have resorted to take no offence so, can I have my phone back now.' She held out her hands while a stern look graced her face.

'Of course. Right after I…' I said, fishing out her phone from my back pocket. I unlocked it and typed a short message to the anonymous number Ehi was trying to text earlier. '… send this.' I completed as I pressed the send button on the phone

I watched Ehi spring up to her feet to snatch her phone from my hands. But she was late. The message was sent already.

'Seriously?' She exclaimed as she took a glance at her phone.

She threw her phone on the bed and gave me a reprimanding stare.

'You don't have to act all worked up. 'I am sorry I am late but I am on my way already' isn't too much a text to drive you crazy.' I calmly said as I picked up the jumpsuit I threw at her earlier. 'So, how about you get dressed?'

'Look, just because you sent him that message doesn't mean I would go.' She said climbing back into bed.

I sighed while my eyes followed her every step.

'Okay. Why don't we settle this once and for all.' I said joining her on the bed. 'Do you like him?'

'I don't.' She hurriedly said just before I completed my question. The speed at which she averted her gaze made me deduct she was simply faking.

'Look, I know you have had troubles with your past boyfriends and it would be pretty hard on you trusting someone and getting into another relationship this quick.' I said, pulling myself up beside her with my legs folded.

'I know it seems like there ain't no good guys out there anymore. But if you keep shutting out everyone, you would eventually shut out the good guys as well. I have a hunch Fred is a good guy and he just deserves a chance from you.'

'You also thought Francis was a good guy. Your hunch isn't a very reliable source boo.' She smirked, and even though that was meant to be humorous, she had a shade of sadness carefully hidden behind her bright eyes.

I gave a soft smile to ease the tension in the air and we both remained quiet.

There was a long pause and I knew it was on me to break it.

'See, we don't have keep going round in circles. You are old enough to know what is right for you and I don't need to decide that for you.' I paused stretching out my folded legs as they started to hurt.

' If you really think it is right, if you really want to be at that dinner why don't youjust go for it. You don't have to be shy about it and if you feel otherwise, then fine too. You can just plainly tell him you ain't interested in the advances. It is your choice to make. Just make sure it is the right one.' I finished my lecture with an encouraging smile.

'Rhoda… I don't know… It just… I don't even know what to say' I watched Ehi become a sudden stammerer and that was amusing enough to get the sides of my lips lifting up in surprise.

'You know the funny thing about this whole thing? You had me thinking for a moment that you are scared of something… like you are scared of me. I am not your mum and you are not thirteen anymore. Just make the right choice. It doesn't doesn't even have to be perfect, it just has to be right.' I grinned at her in assurance and watched her reply me with a nervous smile.

I gave her some minutes to make her choice.

'Why don't you just get me something nice and red from my closet then?' She flashed me a smile as she made the announcement.

'Way to go…' I said, beating my palms together in excitement. I sprang from the bed just in time to jump down from it near the closet.

'You are specific with the colour I'm guessing was a special demand.' I said, teasing her with a wink.

'Maybe.' She replied lightly while trying so hard to avoid eye contact. She also stood up from the bed to join me as I flipped through the hung clothes in the closet.

'You don't really have much red dress…' I said holding two red gowns out from each of my hands. 'But. If I would go for anything in your closet, I would go for either of this.'

Giving both dress a thoughtful look, she pointed to the one on my right hand. It was a short, strapless ball gown.

'Nice choice.' I said as I handed it to her. She accepted it with a grateful smile and an almost 'inaudible' thanks lingering on her lips

'What colour are you going with for the shoe and the bag?' I asked as I watched her pull her body out of the plaid shirt she had been wearing all day

'Black.' She didn't even give that a second thought. She was now in a pair of matching black undies while she held the red gown in her left arm.

'By black, you don't mean that very terrible grandma bag you call your favourite bag right?' I asked hoping her answer wouldn't be the affirmative.

'Exactly that very terrible grandma bag I call my favourite bag.' She answered chuckling lightly at the hilarious description I gave her fav bag whilst slipping the gown on.

'Why was I scared you were going to say that?' I scowled in disgust 'Anyway, I won't have you leaving this house with that thing. You can take one of my bags.' I said picking up a black bag lying carelessly on the closet shelf.

'There is nothing wrong with my bag. You just don't like it cos it doesn't match your taste.' She argued.

Ehi was now in the red, knee-lenght gown which hugged her hourglass figure like a second skin.

'Anything that doesn't match my taste is terrible and wow! That dress looks breathtakingly amazing…' I said, my mouth hanging loosely in the air. I couldn't help complimenting her attire.

'Wow! Am I surprised you are using two very positive adjectives to qualify me?' She rolled her eyes as she walked to the bedside mirror to damp her face in a light shade of make-up.

'Truth is, I am complimenting the dress not you. It is so gorgeous anybody would look like a queen wearing it.' I quickly lied. 'Even you.' It is our thing to never admit how pretty the other looks.

I believe it is every best friends' thing.

'Here.' I handed her the bag I had picked for her the other time as she slipped on a black heeled shoe

She stood before me looking like an homecoming queen and I felt proud of myself while letting my brain do a cerebral calculation of how much I would make as a life coach slash shrink slash hot dinner date advisor.

'With the way you are staring at me like two horns just sprouted out of my scull, I can't help thinking it could only be for two reasons. It is either I looked really great that even you couldn't raise a bad comment or two horns really grew out of my head.' She asked her eyes searching mine inquisitively.

'Did I, perhaps damp my face in too much make-up?' She added with a slightly worried expression spreading across her face.

'Nah, the make-up is just fine.' I said patting her lightly on the shoulder like a football coach stirring up his new player with inferiority complex

'So,….' I let the 'so' trail off for a while before continuing. 'This is it, I guess.' I added clasping my palms together while sighing.

'Have a wonderful night cupcake.' I said pulling her into a warm, sudden and unexpected hug which got her stunned for a little while before she eventually reciprocated.

She wiggled herself out of the embrace which lasted a minute or so and when she was done, she had this suspicious look on her face.

'Why did you hug me?' She asked, her eyebrow creasing curiously.

'It is nothing. I just… I just feel so very happy for you tonight…' I stammered while blinking back the tears threatening to erupt out of my eye.

Ehi didn't change her pose nor did the clueless expression leave her face.

'Don't mind me. Just go have a wonderful night.' I quickly wiped the drop of tears damping my eyelashes.

She remained at the same spot while the side of her lips lifted up in abysmal surprise as the surprise suddenly changed to worry.

'You don't have to get all emotional about this. It isn't even a date and even if it was, I don't want you crying for me and making me feel all pathetic.' She said that with the clueless plus worried expression she plastered on her face.

'No, I am not crying.' I said as I quickly wiped off the tears forming in my eyes with my palm and immediately wiping the palm accross my denim trousers.

'You know what?' I started again and simultaneously, shoved Ehi out of the door. I didn't want my weird show of emotion to discourage her from going to this date that had required so much energy convincing her to go in the first place.

'You are late already and.... here's a bit of advice. Try to make this night fun and enjoyable for both of you.' I said my hands still on her shoulder.

She was standing in the door way while I was only thing between her and the opened door.

'Once again, Goodnight.' I concluded, lifting my hands off her shoulder and waving at her. And just before she could say another word, I shut the door in her face with a smile.

I was soon alone and after a few minutes of standing behind the door, I heard her car drive out of the compound.

Sighing, contentedly, I threw myself across one of the sofas, grappling the remote as I did.

I turned the TV on, reclining comfortably into the chair, I silently hoped nothing goes wrong with whatever is brewing with those two this time around.

As soon as I did relax, a knock from the door drew me out of my comfort zone.

'Who is there?' I asked as I took a short trio to the door. I placed my hand on the door handle while waiting for a reply.

'David.' I didn't need to reaffirm that, I turn the door handle and standing there before the door was David.

'Hi.' I waved at him as I slid behind the door, making way for him to enter.

I followed him into the house, locking the door behind me while trying to figure out why he showed up so unexpectedly.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control / Delayed Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.