Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women (23566 Views)

My View On Nairaland As A Home For Diffrent Cultures... / African Culture, Nigeria -my View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2010
ifedy:

Hope no be Tuface dey inspire you sha

na who bi tuface? hin fine reach me?

ifedy:

Seven seas kpere, she suppose add seven mountains join am tongue tongue tongue tongue

i didnt count the mountains as a big deal, i actually climbed nothing less than 14 wink wink wink

Mhismole:

Oh honey iv been looking for you! yday was soo dry, kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

yday i slept all day for some strange reason but i have had my neck deeply buried in books but hopefully i will get a breather soon kiss kiss
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by MissJulez(f): 3:20am On Mar 01, 2010
MzDarkSkin, i feel as though someone misguided you into thinking you could come to a NIGERIAN forum, and badmouth nigerians, without people taking it badly and attacking you back.

If someone came to attack Jamaicans on a Jamaican board would you not do the same??

"Every African man I have dated has exclaimed/declared they will nolonger date African women because apparently you all are "dramatic and over the top not to mention loud". - This comment highlights the fact you are a HYPOCRYTE. You come on this site to complain about Nigerian women saying this that and the other, yet you yourself engage in such foul and degrading language, Pot calling kettle black perhaps

I feel as though the reason behind this post is flawed, in my own experience if anything its the OTHER CARRIBEAN NATIONS that badmouth jamaica the most,

YES, there are some people on this board that take it too far, but not everyone in this world is going to like you, or your country. FACT.

The same way, certain people dislike Nigerians, is the same way people will dislike Jamaicans, Americans, British, French etc.

Your a grown woman, and im sure you have better ways to spend your time. instead of cyber fighting with people, undecided
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2010
MissJulez:

MzDarkSkin, i feel as though someone misguided you into thinking you could come to a NIGERIAN forum, and badmouth nigerians, without people taking it badly and attacking you back.

If someone came to attack Jamaicans on a Jamaican board would you not do the same??

"Every African man I have dated has exclaimed/declared they will nolonger date African women because apparently you all are "dramatic and over the top not to mention loud". - This comment highlights the fact you are a HYPOCRYTE. You come on this site to complain about Nigerian women saying this that and the other, yet you yourself engage in such foul and degrading language, Pot calling kettle black perhaps

I feel as though the reason behind this post is flawed, in my own experience if anything its the OTHER CARRIBEAN NATIONS that badmouth jamaica the most,

YES, there are some people on this board that take it too far, but not everyone in this world is going to like you, or your country. FACT.

The same way, certain people dislike Nigerians, is the same way people will dislike Jamaicans, Americans, British, French etc.

Your a grown woman, and im sure you have better ways to spend your time. instead of cyber fighting with people, undecided

FACT !!!!!!! JUST LIKE MOST AFRICANS BASH 9IJA PEEPZ
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by MissJulez(f): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2010
follypimpi:

FACT !!!!!!! JUST LIKE MOST AFRICANS BASH 9IJA PEEPZ

Exactly!!!! She came here to start trouble, rather than state a point, abeg no mind am!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2010
[b]Ok missjulez  smiley lets reread the the original post in it's ENTIRETY instead of picking out the ONE part that offended us shall we? That way you will see my intentions were not to offend but defend and enlighten. For those who wanted to be enraged for any reason lol I apologized however I wont again. Simply stating my take on the foolish beef between black women so what? Take it or leave it. Like my mom said people tend to over dramatize issues instead of focusing on the key points. Nevermind me trying to close the gap, focus on what I was told by African men right? Please. Other west indians hating on Jamaicans? Mi nuh cyah! They still beg for our friendship and go to our parties to imitate so it doesn't matter to us lol. As for cyber fighting please. They attacked THEN asked questions later, I'm not going for that. If they shoe was on the other foot I'd ask THEN react and not look closed minded and ethnocentric in the process.[/b]
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2010
MissJulez:

Exactly!!!! She came here to start trouble, rather than state a point, abeg no mind am!

She's only letting her emotions/passion takes the best of her judgement/Opinion.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2010
Folly in a way you are right. I do tend to get aggrivated easily. sad
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

I know the feeling B,i have loads of Jamrocks surrounding me,so i knw gwan !!!!

Also not all Jamaicans(@least the ones around my location) love to be called Yardie,the term has been modified to gangsterism/being a bad man or fresh of the boat.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 01, 2010
Yea 4real? That's cool!

In the UK the term "yardie" is synonymous to being a "thug" but Jamaicans know what it means, back home in Jamaica it's a form of greeting/identification and it's even a greeting between Jamaicans in the states. The Yardies in the UK for the most part go to England/Ireland and forget who they are and some give the whole community a bad name. undecided
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Yea 4real? That's cool!

In the UK the term "yardie" is synonymous to being a "thug" but Jamaicans know what it means, back home in Jamaica it's a form of greeting/identification and it's even a greeting between Jamaicans in the states. The Yardies in the UK for the most part go to England/Ireland and forget who they are and some give the whole community a bad name. undecided

Well a big % of Jamaicans down here find it much of an insult calling em Yardie,they get propa vex.Is like you are termin em Ghetto !!!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2010
"Ghetto"? awe poor them  grin I told my sister that just now and she smiled. That's unfortunate but such is life pretty soon if you call the UK yardies "Jamaican" they're gonna be mad eh? sad.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

"Ghetto"? awe poor them  grin I told my sister that just now and she smiled. That's unfortunate but such is life pretty soon if you call the UK yardies "Jamaican" they're gonna be mad eh? sad.

Esp. the girls they get propa vex,the dudes don't really mind is more or less calling em Rude boi/Bad man dem.Over here Yardie = Purple,Green,Pink,Red,Yellow weave + bleached skin + 0 fashion sense + Tatoos on Chest,Thighs,Arm,Neck +extremely Loud and no 1 wants to get associated with such.Just like seein a Yoruba man with his Agbada(Dashiki),shouting on the phone = Fresh off the boat african Man.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2010
follypimpi:

Esp. the girls they get propa vex,the dudes don't really mind is more or less calling em Rude boi/Bad man dem.Over here Yardie = Purple,Green,Pink,Red,Yellow weave + bleached skin + 0 fashion sense + Tatoos on Chest,Thighs,Arm,Neck +extremely  Loud  and no 1 wants to get associated with such.Just like seein a Yoruba man with his Agbada(Dashiki),shouting on the phone = Fresh off the boat african Man.

There is a difference between separating based on actions vrs. descriminating anything that reflects who you truely are; meaning that same "yardie" or "African man off the boat" may be who they are and are acting upon that but because you (not YOU but anyone) are ashamed of yourself then you find someone like you and shun them. Example thats like me listening to oldies at home but because my friends dislike it, I roll the windows up when my mother blasts the records loud in the car on the way to school. I am not ashamed to be Jamaican, I love the term yardie grin when ppl hate on Jamaicans especially when Jamaicans act like they are ashamed it makes me want to parade around with my flag all day cheesy.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 12:34am On Mar 02, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

understatement! ! ! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 1:48am On Mar 02, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

There is a difference between separating based on actions vrs. descriminating anything that reflects who you truely are; meaning that same "yardie" or "African man off the boat" may be who they are and are acting upon that but because you (not YOU but anyone) are ashamed of yourself then you find someone like you and shun them. Example thats like me listening to oldies at home but because my friends dislike it, I roll the windows up when my mother blasts the records loud in the car on the way to school. I am not ashamed to be Jamaican, I love the term yardie grin when ppl hate on Jamaicans especially when Jamaicans act like they are ashamed it makes me want to parade around with my flag all day cheesy.

I get what you mean though but we are all obliged to what we think fit for our eyes & what not,some pple think weezy tatooin his body is pretty cool yet when they see a yardie with tatoo on their body they might term em ghetto or classless,Samuel L jackson shouting in movies sounds awesome but an african dude shouting while talking to his friend over the phone BUSHY or local,as far as am concerned do whatever makes u happy.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 02, 2010
follypimpi:

I get what you mean though but we are all obliged to  what we think fit for our eyes & what not,some pple think weezy tatooin his body is pretty cool yet when they see a yardie with tatoo on their body they might term em ghetto or classless,Samuel L jackson shouting in movies sounds awesome but an african dude shouting while talking to his friend over the phone BUSHY or local,as far as am concerned do whatever makes u happy.

LOL@ Samuel Jackson and the comparison!  grin you're right, i understand what you are saying. Some times I'm not gonna lie not just my fellow Jamaicans, but my fellow Americans, females ANYONE/group I identify with can be embarrassing, but at the end of the say they are allowed to do as they please so I understand you.  wink
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by MissJulez(f): 2:07am On Mar 03, 2010
MsDarkskin i read your response, but i still feel as though you havent communicated the main point you wanted to communicate. YES i understand your annoyed by posts blasting your people, but it seems as though you assume ONLY nigerian women say such things. You use jamaician slang when you want to say certain things, yet you sarcastically insinuate that you aren't here to cyber beef

But anyway, i didnt come here to start an argument with you, merely stating an opinion (like you did)

I'll leave it there.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 03, 2010
Ifedy and Madlady I know you all still read this forum, do not keeping typing crap about me on other topics and then reporting me about "respecting my elders" give it to get it. I'm done.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 6:49am On Mar 03, 2010
sighs, after the peace and quietness comes the storm again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 03, 2010
na2day?:

sighs, after the peace and quietness comes the storm again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Abi o my brother see me see wahala. The girl don kolo finally
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 8:17am On Mar 03, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Ifedy and Madlady I know you all still read this forum, do not keeping typing crap about me on other topics and then reporting me about "respecting my elders" give it to get it. I'm done.

wink

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Scooby1(m): 8:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
Let the peace process begin! grin grin

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8onbDZmAwhE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^ should be Jamaica's national anthem atleast we are open to other cultures =]

@Na2day? just admit it. . . kiss

@ MadLady that is an EXCELLENT book, you should read it. wink
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2010
Scooby1:

Let the peace process begin! grin grin

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8onbDZmAwhE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

damn! i just finished listening to this song, abi are u spying on my computer? angry angry angry
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^^ should be Jamaica's national anthem atleast we are open to other cultures =]

@Na2day? just admit it. . . kiss

@ MadLady that is an EXCELLENT book, you should read it. wink

I have, that's  a must read for all YARDIES undecided  who play like bad men and bad gal. wink
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2010
^Well I enjoyed the book that CLEARLY STATED THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A THUG AND A JAMAICAN/YARDIE.  wink
It's supposed to enlighten Jamaicans and. . .JAFAKIN's alike cool
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^Well I enjoyed the book that CLEARLY STATED THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A THUG AND A JAMAICAN/YARDIE. wink
It's supposed to enlighten Jamaicans and. . .JAFAKIN's alike cool

It also clearly shows the types who LOVE to play bad gal and bad man, the types who curse and swear and give JA folks a bad name. lipsrsealed
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
Well not really. Being that I ACTUALLY read the book, I know it more so focuses on REAL issues like corrupt governments and political warfare, that spoiled ashamed to be-Jamaicans fail to realize is why some of the youths act certain ways and why real Jamaicans try to build each other not bash our native homeland cool esp for the benefit of others. Well since it seems you are into the negativity you should read Shower Posse. Plenty of stereotypical flavor for you to enjoy. Adios.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
^ I have read it also, hence me posting it to you.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Have a good evening.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
You do the same ma'dear. grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by agabaI23(m): 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
Kissed and made up. One love! grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 12:55am On Mar 04, 2010
nobody told me the movie was back on? no i missed it all? angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13)

Which Top Ten African Countries to you Contribute To The Image Of Africa Today? / Alaafin Presents Car To Journalist Sanni Agboola / Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.