Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women (23573 Views)

My View On Nairaland As A Home For Diffrent Cultures... / African Culture, Nigeria -my View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by agabaI23(m): 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
madlady:

grin grin grin Scooby 1 was not around, leave him nah. Would you believe i[b]t but baybootz came to my aid[/b], but it's all good.

I really do not think this thread helps at all embarassed embarassed, why rack up muck, do you think it will do any good, i cool cool cool trouble.

Bless her soul. Who was the blood clot?
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Gekko(m): 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
mi sista. wa gwan!. go cool yourself, lyf too shot.   cool
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by maximized(m): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2010
OMO IBO:

I don't think we've ever seen eye to eye on any issue but on this issue, I agree with you ma'am.

Threadstater, you come across as a very intelligent, refined and above all passionate lady.
While I agree with the larger part of your post i think is rather out of place. Now, i'm beginning to think if you are actually intelligent and refined. Your passion, however is not in doubt.
Surely, you do not need a juju priest to tell you that you need to ignore podunk and asinine comments especially if they are made by some troglodyte.

Apart from the highlighted, I think you have a brilliant post up there.

I agree!

He expressively said it more than I could ever put it.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bawomolo(m): 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
tit_squeez:

Akata plus Jamo = double wahala  grin

double wahala for dead body grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 7:10pm On Feb 23, 2010
As regards the colourfull weaves just utube PASSA PASSA or Dancehall Queens and u surely will see for yourself,I live in Brummie there are countless Jamos here,so i know was up.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by chic2pimp(m): 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2010
follypimpi:

As regards the colourfull weaves just utube PASSA PASSA or Dancehall Queens and u surely will see for yourself,I live in Brummie there are countless Jamos here,so i know was up.
Chei my fellow p.i.m.p shocked shocked shocked grin
Dat one nah p.or.n.o on the dancefloor cheesy cheesy.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
follypimpi:

Come on that's just one type of JA girl, a decent guy like yourself must have been around some normal JA girls.

I could stereotype  all nations but I will not stoop to that.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by princekevo(m): 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2010
Yawwwwwwn!!! brb, let me get my glasses. shocked shocked
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by ladej(m): 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2010
Quote from: MzDarkSkin on Today at 05:52:10 AM
Well first and foremost let me introduce myself before I rant. Yes I am a newbie here. I actually found about this site while looking up relations between Africans (from the continent) and African descendants. Unfortunately I came across BULL. I've read posts about "why are nigerian men dating jamaican women?", "why dont nigerian men in the UK get along with Jamaican women?" I've seen some of the most pathetic posts about "Jamo women smoke weed (90 percent of them)", "Jamo women wear blue. black, lime green, yellow, blonde weave", "Jamo women will cut off your male anatomy" etc. Complete, utter RUBBISH. Let me just say I come here with NO disrespect intended, as I am a black woman therefore of the African vine that you all born on the land or to parents who were. I have dated African men and I adore them. I will also have you all know I am the product of a Jamaican mother and an African American father. What I read burned my soul because I was raised by a Jamaican women with so much dignity, respect and pride that it has rubbed off on me. The disrespect is MAJOR! I could not believe a people who claim to be the "super powers of Africa" and intelligent would say such vile, and disgusting stereotypical junk that has plaqued ALL black people. I do NOT appreciate the slander what so ever. I have NEVER worn blonde, lime green, pink, purple, blue, yellow etc weave, I do not find it cute nor will I ever. As for SOME of my Jamaican sisters? to each his own. Every orchard has its spoiled apples, Africans should know this first hand as African ppl are by far the most stereotyped humans on the planet.

Futhermore this issue between some of you rude and envious Nigerian women and Jamaican women is childish and pitiful. If a Nigerian MAN, not child, not boy but MAN, should decide that he will like to wed, bed or even get to know a Caribbean/Jamaican woman, so be it. This anomousity is rediculous. To the fool who claimed that 90 percent of my sisters smoked weed let me ask you this there are nearly 3.5 million Jamaican ppl on my island, to every man there is about 4 women, so let me ask you this "you really want me to believe that you have actually spoken to/met millions of Jamaican women to be sure that 90 percent of us smoke weed?" you are but a fool. You are ignorant and should be ashamed of yourself. Nigerian women who dislike us GET OVER YOURSELVES! Every African man I have dated has exclaimed/declared they will nolonger date African women because apparently you all are "dramatic and over the top not to mention loud". Sure SOME of you may be but I am woman enough to know that some do not speak for all, futhermore I am also woman enough to tell them that African woman birthed you so you cannot turn your back on them. I am a fair person and a proud college bound HARD WORKING Jamaican woman. If you want to know why is it Nigerian/African men like us, ask yourselves "what is wrong with us to make them stray?"; that statement alone by now has spawned fire inside of some of you because you are biased but I could careless.

The reason Africa and other black nations cannot thrive is foolishness such as this. This ethnocentric, tribalistic crap has despoiled us of years and chances of elevation generation after generation! Is My Jamaican blood enough to make me not a good choice for an African man? or is it my character that should be questioned? Ask yourself that. Someone said "isnt there other Caribbean women? why Jamos?" I guess as if to say we are the bottom of the pit and should be overlooked. Let me explain this clear so that I am not to repeat myself: Jamaican women are WOMEN. We are not extraterrestial beings we are not inbetween the sexes we are WOMEN; and like ALL women we range from mild mannered to extreme ignorance. Like ALL women you have (excuse my language) "Ladies" and "b.tches" (again pls excuse me). If you go to Trinidad same story. Barbados? same story. Colombia? Same. America? Same. Africa? You fill in the blank. We are more than worth it after all we are also of African descent which regardless of how you all feel connects us. The only division between us that should be evident is the Atlantic Ocean nothing more. Grow up and educate yourselves on the tribes that make up Jamaica: Igbo and Yoruba are among the many f.y.i.

To my Nigerian brothers and sisters who understand me, bless up and respect. I look forward to conversing with you all and getting to know Nigerian culture and history to all else grow up!, AND FAST.

EXCELLENT POST MY JAMAICAN SISTER. smiley
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by chika98: 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2010
Poster is only 21 so that might explain it. @ the bit about Nigerian women being loud and such. . . I hope you know that a lot of men will say anything to bed you.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

Chei my fellow p.i.m.p shocked shocked shocked grin
Dat one nah p.or.n.o on the dancefloor cheesy cheesy.

Alakori,Onisekuse.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 7:19pm On Feb 23, 2010
chika98:

Poster is only 21 so that might explain it. @ the bit about Nigerian women being loud and such. . . I hope you know that a lot of men will say anything to bed you.

CORRECT.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by ladej(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
*Hauwa*:

Nig guys would do anything to land a puzzie so let them dream on, at the end of the day, they still prefer us cool
puzzie puzzie. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bawomolo(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
follypimpi:

Alakori,Onisekuse.

you self how you take youtube passa passa?
research uh?
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2010
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
madlady:

Come on that's just one type of JA girl, a decent guy like yourself must have been around some normal JA girls.

I could stereotype  all nations but I will not stoop to that.

Am not stereotyping,I have more yardie friends than 9ija both Female/male and yes there r decent JA girls most are british by birth but the propa Yardie from Kingston & so on,come summer time u will c colourfull weaves,tatoos on tights n so on,doesnt bother me really whatever works rock your world.
[/font]
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2010
bawomolo:

research uh?

I was doing a research now for my skl work !! grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2010
follypimpi:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Am not stereotyping,I have more yardie friends than 9ija both Female/male and yes there r decent JA girls most are british by birth but the propa Yardie from Kingston & so on,come summer time u will c colourfull weaves,tatoos on tights n so on,doesnt bother me really whatever works rock your world.
[/font]

My Mother was born in Kingston, pls do not say these things, you really do not know what you are saying.

The types you refere to are just one set.

Have you ever been to Kingston, they are not all gangsters and dance hall chicks. I go home twice a year, yet to met a tatto chic  embarassed embarassed.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
madlady:

My Mother was born in Kingston, pls do not say these things, you really do not know what you are saying.

The types you refere to are just one set.

Have you ever been to Kingston, they are not all gangsters and dance hall chicks. I go home twice a year, yet to met a tatto chic  embarassed embarassed.

Am not being rude swear down,i do know what am saying.In my post i never implied all Kingston girls or dudes wear colourful clothings or weaves,the ones i have come across r mostly colourful,to be sincere the JA i knw are so cool headed with gr8 attitude.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by chic2pimp(m): 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
follypimpi:

Alakori,Onisekuse.

O se ooo. O ku ife tongue

bawomolo:

research uh?
No mind am jare
Billions of things dey youtube but no nah Passa passa him dey check grin grin
Bloody ashewo cheesy cheesy
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by ladej(m): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2010
the bottom line is DO NOT GENERALISE. its poor judgement and a distinct lack of perceived education. you say you are educated yet you generalise. because george bush made president doesnt mean any C grade student can make president. because some whites are racist doesnt make all whites racists. because some nigerian do fraud doesnt mean all nigerians are fraudsters. because some chinese people produce fake quality goods doesnt mean they cant produce great products, because some jamacians seem rough doesnt mean you dont have proper educated clean ones. the same goes for every nationality. generalisation is one of the tenets of being perceived as educated but not really educated. a real educated person doesnt generalise. treat each individual on their merit and make your opinions on that specific event. just because a national of a country was bad to me doesnt mean another national of the same country wont be nice tomorrow. as chimamanda adozie said in a speech delivered in Oxford university last year, 'dont tell a story as a SINGLE STORY'. educate your minds people.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by collinx(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2010
Sorry dear and welcome to the jungle.
Its survival of the fittest here and thats why its so unique.
Here you can rave and rant,curse and bless all you care, some people will surely and definitely find joy in it.
I missed that thread  that pissed you off so bad into writing this book of lamentations [ you have time oooo], am  going to fish it out later before I comment on the issues raised,once again welcome to Naija!Nothing do you!!!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Sauron1: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Well first and foremost let me introduce myself before I rant. Yes I am a newbie here. I actually found about this site while looking up relations between Africans (from the continent) and African descendants. Unfortunately I came across BULL. I've read posts about "why are nigerian men dating jamaican women?", "why dont nigerian men in the UK get along with Jamaican women?" I've seen some of the most pathetic posts about "Jamo women smoke weed (90 percent of them)", "Jamo women wear blue. black, lime green, yellow, blonde weave", "Jamo women will cut off your male anatomy" etc. Complete, utter RUBBISH. Let me just say I come here with NO disrespect intended, as I am a black woman therefore of the African vine that you all born on the land or to parents who were. I have dated African men and I adore them. I will also have you all know I am the product of a Jamaican mother and an African American father. What I read burned my soul because I was raised by a Jamaican women with so much dignity, respect and pride that it has rubbed off on me. The disrespect is MAJOR! I could not believe a people who claim to be the "super powers of Africa" and intelligent would say such vile, and disgusting stereotypical junk that has plaqued ALL black people. I do NOT appreciate the slander what so ever. I have NEVER worn blonde, lime green, pink, purple, blue, yellow etc weave, I do not find it cute nor will I ever. As for SOME of my Jamaican sisters? to each his own. Every orchard has its spoiled apples, Africans should know this first hand as African ppl are by far the most stereotyped humans on the planet.

Futhermore this issue between some of you rude and envious Nigerian women and Jamaican women is childish and pitiful. If a Nigerian MAN, not child, not boy but MAN, should decide that he will like to wed, bed or even get to know a Caribbean/Jamaican woman, so be it. This anomousity is rediculous. To the fool who claimed that 90 percent of my sisters smoked weed let me ask you this there are nearly 3.5 million Jamaican ppl on my island, to every man there is about 4 women, so let me ask you this "you really want me to believe that you have actually spoken to/met millions of Jamaican women to be sure that 90 percent of us smoke weed?" you are but a fool. You are ignorant and should be ashamed of yourself. Nigerian women who dislike us GET OVER YOURSELVES! Every African man I have dated has exclaimed/declared they will nolonger date African women because apparently you all are "dramatic and over the top not to mention loud". Sure SOME of you may be but I am woman enough to know that some do not speak for all, futhermore I am also woman enough to tell them that African woman birthed you so you cannot turn your back on them. I am a fair person and a proud college bound HARD WORKING Jamaican woman. If you want to know why is it Nigerian/African men like us, ask yourselves "what is wrong with us to make them stray?"; that statement alone by now has spawned fire inside of some of you because you are biased but I could careless.

The reason Africa and other black nations cannot thrive is foolishness such as this. This ethnocentric, tribalistic crap has despoiled us of years and chances of elevation generation after generation! Is My Jamaican blood enough to make me not a good choice for an African man? or is it my character that should be questioned? Ask yourself that. Someone said "isnt there other Caribbean women? why Jamos?" I guess as if to say we are the bottom of the pit and should be overlooked. Let me explain this clear so that I am not to repeat myself: Jamaican women are WOMEN. We are not extraterrestial beings we are not inbetween the sexes we are WOMEN; and like ALL women we range from mild mannered to extreme ignorance. Like ALL women you have (excuse my language) "Ladies" and "b.tches" (again pls excuse me). If you go to Trinidad same story. Barbados? same story. Colombia? Same. America? Same. Africa? You fill in the blank. We are more than worth it after all we are also of African descent which regardless of how you all feel connects us. The only division between us that should be evident is the Atlantic Ocean nothing more. Grow up and educate yourselves on the tribes that make up Jamaica: Igbo and Yoruba are among the many f.y.i.

To my Nigerian brothers and sisters who understand me, bless up and respect. I look forward to conversing with you all and getting to know Nigerian culture and history to all else grow up!, AND FAST.

Naija men LOVE Caribbean babes in the UK.
You can only hear such gibberish from the fickle minds.
Every learned grown man will tell you a woman is a woman. It doesn't matter if she's African, Oriental or Caucasian.
Women are the same everywhere.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Naija men LOVE Caribbean babes in the UK.
You can only hear such gibberish from the fickle minds.
Every learned grown man will tell you a woman is a woman. It doesn't matter if she's African, Oriental or Caucasian.
Women are the same everywhere.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness another voice of reason.

Now I can leave this FLAME making thread. lipsrsealed
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by N101: 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ madlady

I swear we meet the wrong kind of Jamaicans by comparison to follypimpi.

I have a friend, 100% Jamaican, who was asked by someone if she knew where they could get some weed. All because she's Jamaican!  Irony is that she's a staunch church lady  cheesy  

Her nephew - bless him - got angry because people asked why his spoken English is so good, like people are only used to hearing these "back a' yard" Jamaicans and presume everyone should sound like that.

People who've only met the tattooed, multi-coloured weaved ladies needs to reach a new level.  I've never met these people but I'm aware they exist!!

Anyway Nigerian, Jamaican, same difference to me grin
(lights a flame and steps back)
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by styles2009: 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ Poster
Welcome to Nairaland and believe me , you havent seen anything yet.
Am dead sure some Busy body are already planning to reply and start a fight no one would ever win.
But enjoy yourself and stay out of some rooms like Business and Co, 419plc  grin
Respect!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by ladej(m): 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
madlady:

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness another voice of reason.

Now I can leave this FLAME making thread. lipsrsealed
dont leave, wassup grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2010
N101:

@ madlady

I have a friend, 100% Jamaican, who was asked by someone if she knew where they could get some weed. All because she's Jamaican! Irony is that she's a staunch church lady cheesy

Her nephew - bless him - got angry because people asked why his spoken English is so good, like people are only used to hearing these "back a' yard" Jamaicans and presume everyone should sound like that.

People who've only met the tattooed, multi-coloured weaved ladies needs to reach a new level. I've never met these people but I'm aware they exist!!

Cheers my brother.

Why was this thread put on the front page, many more important issue than this on NL .
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by follypimpi(m): 8:12pm On Feb 23, 2010
N101:

@ madlady

I have a friend, 100% Jamaican, who was asked by someone if she knew where they could get some weed. All because she's Jamaican!  Irony is that she's a staunch church lady  cheesy  

People who've only met the tattooed, multi-coloured weaved ladies needs to reach a new level.  I've never met these people but I'm aware they exist!!

Brethren,I go to JA raves from Bham to Gloucestershire and so on,where there are propa yardie and in fairness none of em smoke weed,they r cool headed pple who love to have fun.they call me JAFRICAN,the wannabes are to be blamed,who thinks being a bad man is when u smoke weed & hoodies.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by N101: 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2010
madlady:

Cheers my brother.

Why was this thread put on the front page, many more important issue than this on NL .

Uhm, the pedant in me couldn't help but notice that the word Caribbean is spelt wrong. . .  cheesy 

follypimpi:

Brethren,I go to JA raves from Bham to Gloucestershire and so on,where there are propa yardie and in fairness none of em smoke weed,they r cool headed pple who love to have fun.they call me JAFRICAN,the wannabes are to be blamed,who thinks being a bad man is when u smoke weed & hoodies.

No probs brother, Jamaicans, like every other people, span a whole range.  The wannabes are mimics, get close enough and you'll find them to be Jafakeians grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2010
^ This is not my post. The @Poster will  correct it I am sure.

The last part of your statement really is true, as long as you are black you are an African.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by martyns303(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2010
On a more serious note, whats up with jamos and bright colours? Their entire culture is so questionable, and am sure that passa passa sh!t is suppose to be some carnival, mcsheeeew. Am sorry poster, admitted every society has its share of good and bad, am sure its called norms but jamaicans need to clean up their act they need omo.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by sizzlers(m): 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
Spit it out girl grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Which Top Ten African Countries to you Contribute To The Image Of Africa Today? / Alaafin Presents Car To Journalist Sanni Agboola / Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.