Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women (23576 Views)

My View On Nairaland As A Home For Diffrent Cultures... / African Culture, Nigeria -my View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
platinumnk:

Nigerians are too funny,
Up and down Nigerian women are bashed.

Now they are in defence.
Funny,
Jamaicans and  Haitians are cool.

You are BEAUTIFUL! Anyway we are all one people at the end of the say just so happens history was played out differently for us. The beef is petty. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by agabaI23(m): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Lol. I understand. thats funny.
What's funny? wink
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by platinumnk(f): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

You are BEAUTIFUL! Anyway we are all one people at the end of the say just so happens history was played out differently for us. The beef is petty. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks sweets, I like your pics as well  kiss kiss I'm Nigerian American, raised abroad, but I am very open and interested in the different cultures that we as a people share.
I had skipped over this thread before, because I really dont see a difference in our culture besides the few details but I feel we are all the same.
My father told me that olden Haitan songs have the same meaning as Igbos songs.
So I feel we are one.
Our different societies that we grow in shapes us with our culture.
There is no typical "Nigerian", or "Jamaican" to me, yes everyone had their own form of culture but it doesnt mean that everyone is the same, and I dont generalize.
I cant, lol there was this stiffy White American that looks like a typical banker, heavy pea coat and all, I passed by his car and hes bumping Juvenile outta his car, so not every person is the same.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
platinumnk:

Thanks sweets, I like your pics as well  kiss kiss I'm Nigerian American, raised abroad, but I am very open and interested in the different cultures that we as a people share.
I had skipped over this thread before, because I really dont see a difference in our culture besides the few details but I feel we are all the same.
My father told me that olden Haitan songs have the same meaning as Igbos songs.
So I feel we are one.
Our different societies that we grow in shapes us with our culture.
There is no typical "Nigerian", or "Jamaican" to me, yes everyone had their own form of culture but it doesnt mean that everyone is the same, and I dont generalize.
I cant, lol there was this stiffy White American that looks like a typical banker, heavy pea coat and all, I passed by his car and hes bumping Juvenile outta his car, so not every person is the same.

Lol@ the white guy. I understand you though. You are open minded, well spoken and full of class. I dig that. Stay sweet.

@Agaba I laughed because I feel the same way. lol. Occasionally I'd see someone who is caramel or lighter and find him attractive but I dont know if it is prejudice or what but I wouldn't date them. I know it's wrong but for some reason I find darker skinned men more masculine. In Nigeria you all don't have the "colorism" disease too? What I mean is the "light vs dark" crap? In America and some parts of the caribbean its a big deal tongue, for some.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by agabaI23(m): 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@Agaba I laughed because I feel the same way. lol. Occasionally I'd see someone who is caramel or lighter and find him attractive but I dont know if it is prejudice or what but I wouldn't date them. I know it's wrong but for some reason I find darker skinned men more masculine. In Nigeria you all don't have the "colorism" disease too? What I mean is the "light vs dark" crap? In America and some parts of the caribbean its a big deal tongue, for some.

There is colour preference esp with men. It appears most guys prefer fair skinned girls or kinda associate lighter skins with beauty. So it is not just American but not such a big deal anyway.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
agabaI23:

There is colour preference esp with men. It appears most guys prefer fair skinned girls or kinda associate lighter skins with beauty. So it is not just American but not such a big deal anyway.

well in Jamaica bleaching creams are purchased more than basic necessities according to several studies. Some girls/women would use their last dollar to buy "Nice and White" instead of buying a loaf a blasted bread. Pretty sad. Most Jamaican girls dont approve but some bleach and are PROUD.  cry
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by agabaI23(m): 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

well in Jamaica bleaching creams are purchased more than basic necessities according to several studies. Some girls/women would use their last dollar to buy "Nice and White" instead of buying a loaf a blasted bread. Pretty sad. Most Jamaican girls dont approve but some bleach and are PROUD.  cry
Bleaching is also common among Nigerian girls and I have seen a guy who bleached. However I hate a bleached skin as it can never be natural.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
platinumnk:

Nigerians are too funny,
Up and down Nigerian women are bashed.

Now they are in defence.
Funny,
Jamaicans and  Haitians are cool.

sleeping with the enemy, are we?  angry angry angry angry
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by platinumnk(f): 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

sleeping with the enemy, are we?  angry angry angry angry

haba, you told me you were haitian    You know I find haitian dudes Hot with thier Afrofrench accents  cool
U're not haitian?  embarassed

But seriously, there are hundreds of Nigerian Women bashing threads,  but "now" your mouths are filled with praises grin grin
Wishywashy people tongue
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2010
platinumnk:

haba, you told me you were haitian    You know I find haitian dudes Hot with thier Afrofrench accents  cool
U're not haitian?  embarassed

But seriously, there are hundreds of Nigerian Women bashing threads,  but "now" your mouths are filled with praises grin grin
Wishywashy people tongue

just like there are thousands of nigerian men bashing threads. we have the sole right to bashing nigerian women lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and why on God's green earth will i wanna be haitian?
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
The product of Portuguese, Chinese, Jamaican and Jewish roots, Sean Paul Henriques was educated at Jamaica's Hillad.
Given your Jewish roots, what do you make of Jewish hip-hop acts like Matisyahu and Hip Hop Hoodios?

I'm Jewish, but I grew up as a Catholic. I'm not a practicing Catholic, either. I'm just someone who has taken in different religions and different music. Definitely Matisyahu is an interesting concept. Someone who is going to flow about his faith and religion is definitely a lot reminiscent of people like the great Bob Marley.

@Poster just to prove a point, that above is from his mouth to gods ears.

@Poster cool cool your comments about your regret, fair enough. sad

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

just like there are thousands of nigerian men bashing threads. we have the sole right to bashing nigerian women  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and why on God's green earth will i wanna be haitian? 

wow. are you Nigerian at all? secondly wtf is wrong with being Haitian? What makes you any better than Haitian people? wow. anyway, outee grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2010
like i was saying plat . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

like i was saying plat . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thats right child. Change the subject. Ppl's lies are catching up to them, sad.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 11:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
is that a nigerian talking? i think not, NEXT!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by platinumnk(f): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

just like there are thousands of nigerian men bashing threads. we have the sole right to bashing nigerian women lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and why on God's green earth will i wanna be haitian?

Haba u lied u said u know your name was Jaques right after I said I digged afro french accents embarassed angry
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
platinumnk:

Haba u lied u said u know your name was Jaques right after I said I digged afro french accents embarassed angry

u and ur nightmares sef, better see the doctor asap!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 26, 2010
platinumnk:

wink That explains the high estrogen level, and sensitivity OOOKAY! Ain't crap without the "homies".
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by platinumnk(f): 12:04am On Feb 26, 2010
na2day?:

u and your nightmares sef, better see the doctor asap!

Well, I am no longer intrested tongue
MzDarkSkin:

wink That explains the high estrogen level, and sensitivity OOOKAY! Ain't crap without the "homies".
grin grin grin grin grin grin
poor na2day, maybe he should have stuck to retirement grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 26, 2010
^
grin but dont worry he'll bring the heat to you when his cronies log on. Trust me, alone he doesnt say much.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 12:35am On Feb 26, 2010
platinumnk:

Well, I am no longer intrested tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin

fair enough, i can begin shopping else where

platinumnk:

poor na2day, maybe he should have stuck to retirement grin

she doesn't know me very well does she? grin grin grin i didnt say anything yesterday and she was already worked up not to talk abt if i decided to have her time, she will hate nigerians for life wink wink wink wink anywayz, back to my books cool cool cool
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by oyinda3(f): 3:20am On Feb 26, 2010
na2day and mzdarkskin sitting on the wall. . . tongue
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by henry101(m): 4:44am On Feb 26, 2010
na2day?:

WTF, Naija men have the sole right 2 bash naija women? shocked
Wondas will neva end.
Abeg wen the contract go expire?
Bt ma mama is a naija mama, so mzdarkskin, u ve got no rite 2 bash naija women on a naija site.
It wont be tolerated next time.
Anyywayz, U r 4given cos u r a "newcomer", I knw once u ovastay or ur "ITK reach one level", U n NL members go enta one trouser.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by oyinda3(f): 4:49am On Feb 26, 2010
rotflmao
naija men r funny
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 4:51am On Feb 26, 2010
I agree with what you said sha. . . .

My best friend is Jamaican and still thinks [b]Some [/b]Jamaicans are loud, ghetto, baby mamas,and weed smokers etc.

Sometimes, you just have to admit that some stereotypes are true, but doesnt necessarily pertain to everyone the stereotype is targeted at.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 6:42am On Feb 26, 2010
oyinda.:

na2day and mzdarkskin sitting on the wall. . . tongue

God forbid bad thing ! angry angry angry angry
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 26, 2010
henry101:

WTF, Naija men have the sole right 2 bash naija women? shocked
Wondas will neva end.
Abeg wen the contract go expire?
Bt ma mama is a naija mama, so mzdarkskin, u ve got no rite 2 bash naija women on a naija site.
It wont be tolerated next time.
Anyywayz, U r 4given cos u r a "newcomer", I knw once u ovastay or your "ITK reach one level", U n NL members go enta one trouser.

Please keep my name out of your mouth I did not type that nor have I bashed Naija women. Thank you.

@Oyinda although I love African men, I would never lower my standards for any man or, shell of a man wink
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2010
FL Gators:

I agree with what you said sha. . . .

My best friend is Jamaican and still thinks Some [/b]Jamaicans are loud, ghetto, baby mamas,and weed smokers etc.

Sometimes, you just have to admit that some stereotypes are true, but doesnt necessarily pertain to everyone the stereotype is targeted at.

[b]exactly. some of us are loud, GHETTO AS HELL, and alot of us proudly smoke weed not that I do but I wont judge. Its like this my ppl arent perfect and we dont pretend to be thats what I love about us. We accept our faults and move on. I respect you for using SOME as opposed to all. cheesy
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by platinumnk(f): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2010
Haba- Nigerians Smoke weed too

Went to the Beach in VI with friends, one friend asked for "bbq fish" to a server
I thought he was going to bring back food, the guy brought back a blunt. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

exactly. some of us are loud, GHETTO AS HELL, and alot of us proudly smoke weed not that I do but I wont judge. Its like this my ppl arent perfect and we dont pretend to be thats what I love about us. We accept our faults and move on. I respect you for using SOME as opposed to all. cheesy
Ok, if you know that some of the points that we Nigerians make are true, why the fuss?

It's not like anybody that makes a criticism is perfect themselves. Nigerians arent perfect o, far from it.

Even if you decide to write a book, the stereotypes aint going no where, ma dear. People will continue to be people.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by agabaI23(m): 5:04pm On Feb 26, 2010
FL Gators:

Ok, if you know that some of the points that we Nigerians make are true, why the fuss?

It's not like anybody that makes a criticism is perfect themselves. Nigerians arent perfect o, far from it.

Even if you decide to write a book, the stereotypes aint going no where, ma dear. People will continue to be people.
When you are not fighting, you talk sense. Nice!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by henry101(m): 7:10pm On Feb 26, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Please keep my name out of your mouth I did not type that nor have I bashed Naija women. Thank you.
/quote]

Abegi, y will I want 2 kip ur name in ma mouth?
Ur name doesn't taste like honey.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

Which Top Ten African Countries to you Contribute To The Image Of Africa Today? / Alaafin Presents Car To Journalist Sanni Agboola / Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.