Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women (23575 Views)

My View On Nairaland As A Home For Diffrent Cultures... / African Culture, Nigeria -my View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2010
agabaI23:

When you are not fighting, you talk sense. Nice!
I am going to take this as a compliment and say thank you, then call it a day.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Mhismole(f): 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2010
wooow. heated thread. phew!

nyway, mzdarkskin, you got your point across.
just wanted to tell you tho,
you dont have to reply every post.
it gives you a classless image, esp after all that hollering,
and im sure you dont want to come off such.
just friendly advice. let ur peaceful side come out abeg. k??
smiley
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by crown22: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2010
WHETHER YOU COME FROM BARBADOS
WHETHER YOU COME FROM HAITI
WHETHER YOU COME FROM CUBA
WHETHER YOU ARE KNOWN AS JAMO
WHETHER YOU ARE CALLED JAH MAN
WHETHER YOU ARE FROM JAMAICA
AS LONG AS YOU ARE A BLACK MAN/WOMAN
IT MEANS THAT YOUR GREAT GREAT GREAT GRAND DAD
YOUR GREAT GREAT GREAT UNCLES
ORIGINATE AND MIGRATE FROM AFRICA
IT THEN MEANS THAT YOU ARE AN IBO MAN/DELTA WOMAN BUT NOT YORUBA
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Poster, thought you would  like to know, you made a mistake when you said the word "yardie"has been used for hundreds of years.
My Grandmother whose a born and bred JAMAICAN, said the term comes from the people who lived in "government yards" in KINGSTON JAMAICA.

I have also checked this fact, it is clearly shown on WIKIPEDIA if you doubt me cool

She also said  she would never call herself said because she does not come from that part of JAMAICA.

The word yardie is  also used by ppls who like to prove they are badmen and gangsters, but like the word nigger it's been reclaimed by some ppls.

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 26, 2010
crown22:

BIG UP! grin

@ Mhismole YES MAM
wink

[b]& @ MadLady since when was the 1930's to the present 100 years? It's either you aren't good at math or you exaggerate too much!  KINGSTON ONLY YARDIES?! are you kidding me?! HA. No disrespect, actually take it as you want to but your grandmother couldn't be Jamaican, a mi seh dat!  My mother is from SAINT CATHERINE, NOT KINGSTON AND STILL CALLS HERSELF YARDIE, so I have NO idea what you are talking about, obviously neither do you. For someone who "claims" to be Jamaican you sure use the internet to "prove your Jamaican points" alot. Incase you didn't know wikipedia is an "editing site" meaning it is constantly altered and posted based on opinions and at times fact. I am not asking you I am TELLING YOU as a BONIFIED JAMAICAN that we call ourselves YARDIES, no 'website' can tell me different. Yardie means "nigger/ bad man?" ARE YOU SERIOUS?! MADLADY you're not Jamaican sweetheart I am sorry but this is crazy, you're probably 1/3 but you're not Jamaican. Mi born an grow as a Jamaican American, my mother, her mother, my aunts, cousins, friends, siblings etc are YARDIES and refer to ourselves as such why? NOT because we are gangsters or killers or niggers but because ALL Jamaicans refer to Jamaica as their "yard". When we approach another jamaican we either say "you from the islands" or "Yu a yaadie/yardie? End of story. Go start drama with some else. Tek weh yuself por favor.[/b]
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 10:34pm On Feb 26, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

BIG UP! grin

@ Mhismole YES MAM
wink

[b]& @ MadLady since when was the 1930's to the present 100 years? It's either you aren't good at math or you exaggerate too much!  KINGSTON ONLY YARDIES?! are you kidding me?! HA. No disrespect, actually take it as you want to but your grandmother couldn't be Jamaican, a mi seh dat!  My mother is from SAINT CATHERINE, NOT KINGSTON AND STILL CALLS HERSELF YARDIE, so I have NO idea what you are talking about, obviously neither do you. For someone who "claims" to be Jamaican you sure use the internet to "prove your Jamaican points" alot. Incase you didn't know wikipedia is an "editing site" meaning it is constantly altered and posted based on opinions and at times fact. I am not asking you I am TELLING YOU as a BONIFIED JAMAICAN that we call ourselves YARDIES, no 'website' can tell me different. Yardie means "nigger/ bad man?" ARE YOU SERIOUS?! MADLADY you're not Jamaican sweetheart I am sorry but this is crazy, you're probably 1/3 but you're not Jamaican. Mi born an grow as a Jamaican American, my mother, her mother, my aunts, cousins, friends, siblings etc are YARDIES and refer to ourselves as such why? NOT because we are gangsters or killers or niggers but because ALL Jamaicans refer to Jamaica as their "yard". When we approach another jamaican we either say "you from the islands" or "Yu a yaadie/yardie? End of story. Go start drama with some else.[/b]

I said some ppls call themself that. 
You always answer in a very rude way I hoped  you would show the really good side that I know you have.

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2010
I'm right and then I'm rude. Ok. If you say so. You threw your corn and called this fowl, now the fowl come you have a problem. I'm rude and you're an instigator ano nuttin. You dont have to like me hun. I dont like fakes, posers and ppl who like to kick off for absolutely no reason. The first time I felt bad, this time I am justified. If a misquito is in my face constantly despite me obviously trying to avoid it, after a while it will find itself well smashed. 
*annoyed. lipsrsealed
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2010
^@Poster there are ppls on this site who have been to my home, my sis-in-law is on this site.

You can be very nice when you want to pls show that side.

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2010
madlady:

^@Poster there are ppls on this site who have been to my home, my sis-in-law is on this site.

You can be very nice when you want to pls show that side.

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by nihun(m): 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2010
^You really are crazy.

Are the only yard person in the world.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by nihun(m): 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Poster you have been smoking your weed grin grin grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2010
hmmm. I am noticing a pattern here, indeed!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bawomolo(m): 11:10pm On Feb 26, 2010
why does your pic show up with every post you make?
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2010
^Its my signature.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by platinumnk(f): 12:19am On Feb 27, 2010
crown22:

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bawomolo(m): 12:51am On Feb 27, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^Its my signature.

no problem, just be careful of the bees you would attract.  grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 2:22am On Feb 27, 2010
madlady:

I said some ppls call themself that. 
You always answer in a very rude way I hoped you would show the really good side that I know you have.

oh plz, she won't know a good side if it smacked her right in her face lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 3:49am On Feb 27, 2010
bawomolo:

lol dont worry i'll take them on. wink
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by doyin13(m): 4:09am On Feb 27, 2010
bawomolo:

hehehehe. . .Soldier bee reporting for duty grin grin grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by sulad82i(m): 4:23am On Feb 27, 2010
wELLCOME to NLand omo Jamo.
@first I was a bit insulted when I saw how lame some pple's post are
but then I think,
Its a Blog!
So anything goes
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by sulad82i(m): 4:26am On Feb 27, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

hmmm. I am noticing a pattern here, indeed!

Hey, how do yu get those emoticons on there
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 27, 2010
sulad82i:

Hey, how do yu get those emoticons on there

I have some saved on my comp. but that one in particular I went on the internet. Thank you for the welcome; I hope I didn't offend you because it really wasn't my intention at all.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
[size=13pt]DUDE WTF?! THAT IS DISGUSTING! Wam tu sum ppl man? Somebody please ban this blasted idiot![/size]
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2010
hmmmmm, do i sense a desperate attempt to keep a useless thread alive?
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 28, 2010
Are we still on this thread,
*yawn*,
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 28, 2010
Boring thread = Don't go to. Simple.
*reported him & he's gone*
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 3:56am On Feb 28, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Boring thread = Don't go to. Simple.
*reported him & he's gone*

reported him and he is gone? i suppose that is ur highest achievement in life, like ppl's life actually depends on NL, plz get urself a life, arrant nonsense! angry angry
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 4:03am On Feb 28, 2010
^ Never said anything to him, he writes me "trying to" insult me? and I need a life? Oh I think they like me betta yet I kno grin.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 4:21am On Feb 28, 2010
^^^^ Gosh!!! Do you have to reply to every post?
You better get over NL
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 4:23am On Feb 28, 2010
ifedy:

^^^^ Gosh!!! Do you have to reply to every post?
You better get over NL

can't u see she is talking to herself? na rehab get this one
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 4:25am On Feb 28, 2010
na2day?:

can't u see she is talking to herself? na rehab get this one

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 4:27am On Feb 28, 2010
ifedy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously both of you are children I dont HAVE to do anything. I am a grown woman. I do as I choose. Get it right. Don't insult me and expect me to be quiet, not this one. So keep giggling like a little girl and looking foolish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13)

Which Top Ten African Countries to you Contribute To The Image Of Africa Today? / Alaafin Presents Car To Journalist Sanni Agboola / Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.