Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims (1536 Views)

Michael B. Jordan And Lori Harvey Break-up After Over 1 Year Of Dating / Anonymous Sending 2 Millions To Nigerian Account Today / 6 Very Popular Nigerian Celebrities That Have Had S*x With Tonto Dikeh (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hello Guy, its your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

On the 25th of August, residents of Houston Texas were forced out of their homes by mother nature. Hurricane Harvey came in full force displacing hundreds of thousands and even scientists are still shocked at the impact of the storm.

With over 40 dead and over 100,000 people displaced, the government has a hell of a task helping the victims. It is just like the flood which displaced hundreds of thousands in Benue State, Nigeria. The effects of climate change could never have been more evident.

Here are 10 American celebrities including The President of the United States who have donated millions to the flood victims. I hope that Nigerian celebrities do such to Benue flood victims.

1. Sandra Bullock

Just 4 days after the flood hit wetlands of Houston, Texas, American actress, producer and philanthropist Sandra Bullock stepped up and donated $1million to the Red Cross.

You can call that giving back to the society.

2. The Kardashians

The most popular reality tv family, The Kardashians didn't want to be left behind. Khloe announced that her family would donate $500,000 to the victims.

3. Miley Cyrus

Ellen DeGeneres of #TheEllenShow announced on Twitter that Miley Cyrus donated over half a million dollars ($500,000) for the people of Texas on August 31st. That tweet got tens of thousands of retweets.

4. Chris Young

Musician Chris Young joined in on the challenged and donated $100,000. He shared a video on Sunday, stating "that he is worried about the people there and he wants to help".

Even I, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor would love to donate to Benue State Flood victims if there an organization stand up to receive donations and help them out.

5. Ellen DeGeneres

Ellen DeGeneres herself announced her sizeable contribution to the victims in a video she shared on her youtube channel.

In total, she donated $75,000 to the Red Cross and the SPCA of Texas.

6. Ruby Rose and Jack Antonoff

Ruby Rose and Jack Antonoff donated $10,000 each to the Montrose LGBT center in Houston for Harvey relief.

7. Sean "Diddy" Combs

Sean "Diddy" Combs also came to give his quota, he pledged $25,000 via Twitter on Tuesday.

8. Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez

The two love birds pledged to donate $25,000 each. In a joint video, she said her heart goes out to the children who had to experience the tragic incident and she was ready to help.

9. Dj Khaled

Record label producer and record label executive Dj Khaled pledged to donate $25,000 to the victims.

10. Kevin Hart

Comedian Kevin Hart challenged his fellow celebrities to give to the Harvey flood victims with himself setting an example by donating $25,000.

Source http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/celebrities-donated-millions-harvey-flood.html

cc: lalasticlala

Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Victornezzar: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
11. Senator Victor
I donated 2 benue flood victims
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Chuknovski(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2017
12. crownking aka chucknovski
I donated all my girlfriends
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by pTomz(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
It's terrible, tho am still trying to recall how many of our celebs donated to our own floods

Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by LordBaelish: 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
I'd like to donate this "K" for the post
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
Victornezzar:
11. Senator Victor
I donated 2 benue flood victims

Senator!!! with all your millions, including your wardrobe allowance, you wouldn't even give two boxers at least

Chuknovski:
12. crownking aka chucknovski
I donated all my girlfriends

So what about your ex girlfriends, they can help mop the water.... hahahaha
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Lewaluv(f): 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hmmm Drake donated 200k but you forgot him. Also Bey too
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Immaculatesnow(m): 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
There donate because there can afford to do so, mr OP what can you afford to do other than waste your time finding a crappy top 10 list for your blog to drive nairaland trolls to it.
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Chuknovski(m): 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Senator!!! with all your millions, including your wardrobe allowance, you wouldn't even give two boxers at least

So what about your ex girlfriends, they can help mop the water.... hahahaha

the exes have been flooded already. lol
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Victornezzar: 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Not at all Bro
I did
I av 2 lead by example na
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
Chuknovski:

the exes have been flooded already. lol

hahaha.. are they from Benue?
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Chuknovski(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

hahaha.. are they from Benue?
lol
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
Can't imagine this shii in Nigeria
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Divay22(f): 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
That was a nice move...
I wonder if such a thing gets to happen here in Nigeria, will our celebrities lift a finger (some will tho) but our politicians, I don't think so o...

Miley Cyrus was even crying when they were interviewing her.
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
Immaculatesnow:
There donate because there can afford to do so, mr OP what can you afford to do other than waste your time finding a crappy top 10 list for your blog to drive nairaland trolls to it.

It depends on how you see it... Why would I donate to the Americans when I have my fellow citizens in Benue suffering the same fate..

Think about it
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
Lewaluv:
Hmmm Drake donated 200k but you forgot him. Also Bey too

Queen Bee's donation is not yet confirmed and I actually missed Drake..

Thank you by the way
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
Victornezzar:

Not at all Bro
I did
I av 2 lead by example na

hahaha... I agree
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by vchykp(m): 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
no b lie
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Homeboiy: 11:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
I ichie ome mgbe oji aka the homeboy

will be donating free time to Benue flood victims
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by ChuksEpells: 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Treyknowles(m): 12:02am On Sep 02, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Queen Bee's donation is not yet confirmed and I actually missed Drake..
Thank you by the way
Bey Don Donate $7million,do Your Research Well Sir.

1 Like

Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 12:21am On Sep 02, 2017
Treyknowles:
Bey Don Donate $7million,do Your Research Well Sir.
That was done in 2014, you can search google and then correct me if I am wrong.
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Treyknowles(m): 1:19am On Sep 02, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
That was done in 2014, you can search google and then correct me if I am wrong.
Nope It Wasnt 2014
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Ruggedfitness: 6:21am On Sep 02, 2017
Treyknowles:
Nope It Wasnt 2014

You can at least visit these links, some sites even said it was in 2007

www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/09/beyonce-hometown-houston_n_5570609.html

popcrush.com/beyonce-donated-7-million-housing-houston-homeless/

www.bet.com/news/.../beyonce-donates-7-million-for-houston-housing-project.html

Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 02, 2017
Chuknovski:
12. crownking aka chucknovski I donated all my girlfriends
You think its funny.
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by FitnessDoctor: 10:23am On Sep 02, 2017
Rorachy:
You think its funny.

Happy New Month
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 02, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Happy New Month
Same to you.
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Bitcoiin: 10:38am On Sep 02, 2017
ChuksEpells:

Wetin you dey book space for?
Re: 10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims by Chuknovski(m): 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2017
Rorachy:
You think its funny.

don't take life too seriously my dear, this is internet goofing around is allowed OK?

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper For Your Girlfriend Or Wife To Make Unclad Video Chat With You / I Am In Love With My Sister - 2019 True Life Story / What Do You Suggest I Do Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.