Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (38164 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB In Aba When Jonathan Was In Power (Video) / Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 12:47am On Sep 04, 2017
CzarChris:
You had my undivided attention on your write up, until you played the 1967 card.
I am an igboman and I have always seen the biafran agitation as a waste of time, because it's way too late in the day to divide Nigeria now. In my opinion these are the reasons for the current upsurge in the call for Biafra.

1) Jonathan ignored the biafran agitators and in his actions as president he included all parts of the country in his appointments(much to the chagrin of the northern oligarchy) that alone spoke volumes in calming down the polity, unlike our current president who through his actions and inactions sidelined a particular section of the country and his 5% comment only added more fuel to the fire of marginalisation burning in the east. His arrest of Kanu only made the young man more popular.

Never play that 1967 card again, because lightening never strikes the same spot twice.

Agreed we have huge unexploited oil fields in the east, why haven't the government encouraged exploitation? It's simply to get a strangle hold of Eastern economy and deprive us of the accruing benefits. All the seaports close to the east have been killed to suppress the igboman and make him go to faraway lagos to get his goods. Why did the North and West go crazy when Jonathan made Enugu airport an international airport or when he started building a deep seaport in Ibaka, Akwa Ibom? Why is Tinapa free trade zone comatose till this day? Don't get me started on the much publicised gift of £20 to every igboman no matter the amount you had in the bank prior to the Nigerian Biafran civil war. But the west and the north still can't phantom how the igboman can still rise and flourish with all the obstacles your likes put in our path. Owerri, Awka, Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Umuahia where razed to the ground during the civil war, but I make bold to claim that no other path of this nation is as developed (apart from Lagos and Abuja) as these places I mentioned. Never in the history of Africa has a group of people contributed to build an airport not to talk of an international cargo airport, but Imo airport was born through self help contributions, donations and taxes, but the government out of fear reduced it to an airport. I believe it was Prof. Wole Soyinka that said that "it is only an Igboman that can squeeze water out of a stone". We build our own roads, provide our own water what has this contraption called Nigeria done for the East?
I believe in one Nigeria, but never see the gentle strides of Lion as a sign of weakness. Oil is the thin thread holding this country together, let's hope that by 2035-2040 when oil will become obsolete that that thread won't break.

I am glad nobody wants a war.

Can you name one Yoruba man in the top 5 of Jonathan's administration? I don't think the Yoruba Nation started a protest for that.

You said, what has Nigeria done for the east? I ask what had Nigeria done for any part of Nigeria. The average Igbo man is still much better off than the average Hausa Man. Has the decades of rule really favored the North or any part of Nigeria. The only difference is that maybe the people embezzling the funds are more from a part of the country, not that the fund is being used to develop a single part to the detriment of the others.

My point is, we are all victims. We all share in the fate of Nigeria and have suffered enough so we should not shoot ourselves in the foot by trowing political stability into the wind.

Any protest must be peaceful and strategic.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:48am On Sep 04, 2017
Vutseck:

with merit of course
after spending years in prison and still standing on the cause he believes in
can you muster the courage to dare the FG...we know your answer.. NO .

Don't mind dem, dey thought it is easy to stand n fight for wat one believe in

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:49am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

My friend we are not in d courtroom or in any official gathering, so don't expect me to use words dat u n odas can't comprehend. Hweva d main purpose of language is communication, once u understood d message am trying to pass through, dat purpose is achieved..

Datz why I detest you guys some much always resort to personal abuse n looking for tinx we dey are not
I didn't insult you in any way, I only said incitement to violence or whatever you call it in law will still be used against him because violence occurred few years back, Search for the thread even with pictures. Most of us were perplexed for Christian to Christian hate due to tribe all because of IPOB.
I'm sorry if you feel offended though
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:51am On Sep 04, 2017
Nightwolf1:

U are a cakewalk as opponent on matters arising. grin
This morning sign ur death warrant
Lol, with all ears and please wake up those other IPOB miscreants, we all have a night meeting now
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by komekn(m): 12:51am On Sep 04, 2017
mazimee:
Jonathan ignored them, but Buhari didn't.
He arrested Kanu, that worsen the whole issue.

Rubbish.

They were all busy sharing national cake.

Now there is no national cake to share they have remembered Biafra.

I have often wondered who is sponsoring Nnamdi, it's definitely not the hungry ill informed hallelujah crowd that run around him.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:52am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Can you name one Yoruba man in the top 5 of Jonathan's administration? I don't think the Yoruba Nation started a protest for that.

You said, what has Nigeria done for the east? I ask what had Nigeria done for any part of Nigeria. The average Igbo man is still much better off than the average Hausa Man. Has the decades of rule really favored the North or any part of Nigeria. The only difference is that maybe the people embezzling the funds are more from a part of the country, not that the fund is being used to develop a single part to the detriment of the others.

My point is, we are all victims. We all share in the fate of Nigeria and have suffered enough so we should not shoot ourselves in the foot by trowing political stability into the wind.

You kip on emphasizing on dis ur peaceful protest n war, don't worry broda cus d Igbo's I know are not d violent type expect wen dey had no option

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:52am On Sep 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Because Jonathan was keeping their mouth sealed with money?
Gej and Nnamdi kanu were and are both clowns
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nightwolf1: 12:54am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Lol, with all ears and please wake up those other IPOB miscreants, we all have a night meeting now

My question is waiting for answer. Or u wanna cower as usual?

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:55am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
I didn't insult you in any way, I only said incitement to violence or whatever you call it in law will still be used against him because violence occurred few years back, Search for the thread even with pictures. Most of us were perplexed for Christian to Christian hate due to tribe all because of IPOB.
I'm sorry if you feel offended though

Yyeske:
He might know law, his grammar though but he doesn't know what happened and when it happened.
Search nairaland for the thread some years back

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Eastfield1: 12:56am On Sep 04, 2017
Adminisher:

You are unstoppable but Nigeria is indivisible so all I see is bloodshed and misery for your generation. Some of you will waste your entire lives fighting and Nigeria still won't divide .
lol
see dream.
you guys have no idea the plans we have for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:56am On Sep 04, 2017
komekn:

Rubbish.

They were all busy sharing national cake.

Now there is no national cake to share they have remembered Biafra.

I have often wondered who is sponsoring Nnamdi, it's definitely not the hungry ill informed hallelujah crowd that run around him.
Nnamdi kanu is scamming his deluded miscreants, wetin consign me
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 12:58am On Sep 04, 2017
Nightwolf1:

My question is waiting for answer. Or u wanna cower as usual?
Which is?
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:58am On Sep 04, 2017
Eastfield1:
lol see dream. you guys have no idea the plans we have for Nigeria

Don't mind dem, it will be lyk a Chinese movie to dem n deir one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 1:00am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

Was that an insult? Sorry if something I felt and noted but it really didn't go down well with you.
My apologies
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 1:02am On Sep 04, 2017
Eastfield1:
lol
see dream.
you guys have no idea the plans we have for Nigeria
Divide Nigeria today if you can
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nightwolf1: 1:04am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Which is?

This is a cute dementia bro. Go get some treatment.
If u don't have the capacity to scroll up and read the question I asked don't expect I do it a second time. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 1:05am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Was that an insult? Sorry if something I felt and noted but it really didn't go down well with you.
My apologies

Lol, is not an insult, rada a cow and onions from d North
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Eastfield1: 1:05am On Sep 04, 2017
Kazim88:

You northerners lack the brain capacity to withstand the heat. I understand.. I really feel for you guys.

If you are looking for war... BH is battle ready. take on them.

If fighting with bullet was better, Nigeria would had been Down since...

But we know the Law... international laws...

we know our bounds... but you know nothing.

God would punish you all if Oct 1st come and go and nothing happened after all ur online chest beating.
damn.
nigga you are on fire.
Ride on.
we gat ur back

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 1:05am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

You kip on emphasizing on dis ur peaceful protest n war, don't worry broda cus d Igbo's I know are not d violent type expect wen dey had no option
Not violent but harassing Obiano and other politicians in Anambra state
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 1:06am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

Lol, is not an insult, rada a cow and onions from d North
lol, bad pikin from good parents. lol
But like seriously I know so many anyi bu ndigbo cholu Biafra mana we need to take things and do them in the right way to avoid what our parents and grandparents painfully suffered and built up all over again.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 1:08am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Not violent but harassing Obiano and other politicians in Anambra state

Violent and harassment are two different tinx brodaly

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Reinvented: 1:09am On Sep 04, 2017
In my opinion, Jonathan's CONFAB gave hope to many 'marginalized ' groups or people. The decision by Buhari to 'park' the CONFAB report meant ststus quo remained, which is false hope for a diverse nation like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 1:11am On Sep 04, 2017
KingsJohnson:

Violent and harassment are two different tinx brodaly
I could sue somebody for harrasments and or being violent to me
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by sorom4: 1:13am On Sep 04, 2017
What makes you think that you or any relative of yours (Wherever they may be) will not be a victim of war whenever it happens?
Adminisher:

You are unstoppable but Nigeria is indivisible so all I see is bloodshed and misery for your generation. Some of you will waste your entire lives fighting and Nigeria still won't divide .

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Eastfield1: 1:13am On Sep 04, 2017
Abagworo:
PDP is behind Radio Biafra and IPOB which is purely a party affair trying to create war between Igbos and Nigeria. There's been agitations in the past including MASSOB that still exists but those ones were based more on Igbo interest than PDP interest.
and ur stupidity continue

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 1:15am On Sep 04, 2017
Reinvented:
In my opinion, Jonathan's CONFAB gave hope to many 'marginalized ' groups or people. The decision by Buhari to 'park' the CONFAB report meant ststus quo remained, which is false hope for a diverse nation like Nigeria.
The confab report was submitted to GEJ but he never did anything about it all because of....... I wouldn't know
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by jpphilips(m): 1:15am On Sep 04, 2017
ocelot2006:
Because there was a sense of inclusion and fair play among the Igbos. The administration wasn't perfect, but it tried to ensure that the Igbos indeed felt that they belonged.

That changed under Buhari.

So once igbos are excluded, Nigeria must break up right? You guys are junkies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 1:17am On Sep 04, 2017
sorom4:
What makes you think that you or any relative of yours (Wherever they may be) will not be a victim of war whenever it happens?
Nobody prays for war and anyone who wishes that....
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 1:18am On Sep 04, 2017
jpphilips:

So once igbos are excluded, Nigeria must break up right? You guys are junkies.
E tire me
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by kikake: 1:25am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

Yoruparasite. One just couldn't read beyond your filthy self-serving first paragraph where you said Biafra is only Igbo affair. Many many nob Igbos gun for restoration of Biafra.

Methinks, these yorupigs believe that the non Igbos in the SS are truly clueless and ogogoro drinkers - separate the non-Igbos of SS from Biafra, it then becomes easier to fcuck the SS in Nigeria, and even impose Islam upon them. Foolish yorupigs with their area boys sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by CzarChris(m): 1:29am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Olusegun Aganga was minister for trade under GEJ's government. But that apart, the average igboman is has a can do mentality that pisses other people from other tribes off. There is this Igbo adage that says "someone who is rejected cannot and will not reject himself". That is why the east is what it is today. What prompted me to put up that write-up was the young man's recall of 1967, that to me is totally unacceptable. I believe the over centralization of power is the problem of this country. If we don't retrace our steps the vast non-oil potential of this country will keep lying untapped.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by kikake: 1:33am On Sep 04, 2017
mazimee:
Jonathan ignored them, but Buhari didn't.
He arrested Kanu, that worsen the whole issue.

Even MASSOB people were imprisoned during Jonathan govt. This Yorupig didn't know?

Agitation for Biafra became more intense after Fulani/Sokoto Caliphate/Kanem Bornu unilaterally adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia Criminal codes during the first administration of Obasanjo.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Instructions Written Down For Buhari, Man Raises Concern / Anambra Decides: Results Coming In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.