Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (38078 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB In Aba When Jonathan Was In Power (Video) / Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
chinoxstock:

Have you experienced war? We all shall die somebody. So if the war wants to come let it come.
Only in a zoo does referendum translate into war. In other nations referendum means referendum but in the zoo referendum means war. Fools!

Let the war come. Nobody is scared of the useless war. Cowards!
I never pray for a war but you that want it Shall have your wish granted and nobody going with you
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

Obiano Apology

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/obiano-apologizes-ipob-may-30-2016-killing-members-onitsha/

Biafra vs Buratai, Obiano and 13 others.
200 million dollars suit. (John Doe vs Buratai et al)

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/43288-Biafra-Suit-Intersociety-releases-evidence-against-Buratai-Arase-other-Military-and-Police-top-shots-46

You think 1967 is 2017.

You think the world is still a jungle. wake up.

Let's Nigeria start war

it would be 1 billion dollars suit this time.

You people should stop mentioning war na. War should be the last option. There still a lot of viable options. Vote for Nnamdi Kanu. Once all your governors are pro-biafran, then you can press your demand both nationally and internationally IN A PEACEFUL MANNER

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Because Jonathan didn't divide the country into 97% and 5% constituencies.

So should we put the lives of millions at risk because of a silly old man?

Ojukwu lived to a ripe old age. About 3 million people that died in the war had no such luck.

I don't mean to insult an Hero but we must learn from history or we are doomed to repeat it.

6 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

Obiano Apology

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/obiano-apologizes-ipob-may-30-2016-killing-members-onitsha/

Biafra vs Buratai, Obiano and 13 others.
200 million dollars suit. (John Doe vs Buratai et al)

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/43288-Biafra-Suit-Intersociety-releases-evidence-against-Buratai-Arase-other-Military-and-Police-top-shots-46

You think 1967 is 2017.

You think the world is still a jungle. wake up.

Let's Nigeria start war

it would be 1 billion dollars suit this time.

And ICC are currently investigating state involvement in Herdsmen and Nigeria Army Human Rights Abuses... this one is not a civil or monetary is straight execution of life imprisonment in Hague.
Read the first link was all only trying to exonerate himself from the killing and Buratai 's so called trial started yet and in which court have they already invited him to

6 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

You people should stop mentioning war na. War should be the last option. There still a lot of viable options. Vote for Nnamdi Kanu. Once all your governors are pro-biafran, then you can press your demand both nationally and internationally IN A PEACEFUL MANNER
Since they don't want things done normally then let them have their war in peace
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

They shouldn't be war but Nigeria bring war... it's not a bad idea..

UN is already aware of state plan to commit genocide against Igbos...

Biafra would fight not with bullets... Naa no necessary... bullet are for Lower mind..

Buhari would be jailed at his old age for genocide... go and ask Charles Tailor.

Nigeria Economy would crumble... to ashes.

War is madness in 2017... you gain nothing. absolutely nothing.

Nigeria only weapon is violence and War... believe me they have lost the battle... 100% sure.... port to Biafra because they have already win... War is a losing tool.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by izombie(m): 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

A better strategy would be to vote for Nnamdi Kanu and his compatriots as Governors in all the Southeast. That is the wise thing to do unless the people of the southeast are not really in support of the biafran movement.
dude wake up. You think putting nnamdi kanu in the senate or him becoming a governor in nigeria would change anything? Nigeria was programmed in a way that what the north doesn't want does not happen and what they want happens. You still need a two third majority vote in the senate to pass any bill and only the north has that population in the house. So even if south eastern senators bring a bill for referendum in the house, the northern senators will vote against it and the bill will not get passed. They already did the same thing with restructuring.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

Biafra would fight not with bullets... Naa no necessary... bullet are for Lower mind..

Buhari would be jailed at his old age for genocide... go and ask Charles Tailor.

Nigeria only weapon is violence and War... believe me they have lost the battle... 100% sure.... port to Biafra because they have already win... War is a losing tool.
Stop repeating radio Biafra rhetorics, declare Biafra today and the war starts, I only hope you'll be at the warfront

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

As long as there is no violence.

The Yoruba people are in support of any arrangement that do not lead to war, whether Biafra of Nigeria. We will not fight to keep you neither will we fight to help you go. Its not pride, its fact. Our only enemy is the one who picks up arms against us, either Igbo or Hausa.

You guys need to be strategic and think of the body count. When the choice is between the status co and what happened in 1967, we will choose the status co.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by izombie(m): 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

listen, igbos were indifferent when buhari won the election. We were ready to move on but then buhari made the 97%, 5% comment. Then he banned radio biafra. The worst he did was to arrest kanu. If buhari had ignored kanu when he came to nigeria, he would not be as popular as he is now. Someone like me never took interest in kanu until he was arrested. It was only after his arrest that he got my support and obviously millions of igbos support.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Read the first link was all only trying to exonerate himself from the killing and Buratai 's so called trial started yet and in which court have they already invited him to

He was exonerating himself the killings.... Amazing.
I thought he was the same Governor that label IPOB miscreants... that signed that nobody was killed.
now he is dancing bata.

Young man Obiano don't know what he is up against... same as buratai.

believe me... In this world of today... Nigeria could be jungle but but the world as a whole is sane... and something are not allowed.

If Buhari can stop internet in Nigeria perhaps his bullshit could be hidden with propagandas...

but today's world.... the same world is at ur finger tip... and Nigeria is slave to the same world, we have no level.. we are under the law.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

As long as there is no violence.

The Yoruba people are in support of any arrangement that do not lead to war, whether Biafra of Nigeria. We will not fight to keep you neither will we fight to help you go. Its not pride, its fact. You guys need to be strategic and think of the body count. When the choice is between the status co and what happened in 1967, we will choose the status co.
The thing is that in a sovereign country such as ours, there are laws but these ones don't want to follow it. You ask for referendum as if you are asking me for a bottle of beer. Since radio Biafra had already told them to prepare for anything, hope they are ready and not waiting on UN

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2017
izombie:
listen, igbos were indifferent when buhari won the election. We were ready to move on but then buhari made the 97%, 5% comment. Then he banned radio biafra. The worst he did was to arrest kanu. If buhari had ignored kanu when he came to nigeria, he would not be as popular as he is now. Someone like me never took interest in kanu until he was arrested. It was only after his arrest that he got my support and obviously millions of igbos support.

Just think of ways to get what you want without violence.

Nobody should sit down and decide to start a war and then blame the Yoruba man for not risking his life to join in a fight that was never his.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
lalasticlala seun, front page?

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Stop repeating radio Biafra rhetorics, declare Biafra today and the war starts, I only hope you'll be at the warfront

You northerners lack the brain capacity to withstand the heat. I understand.. I really feel for you guys.

If you are looking for war... BH is battle ready. take on them.

If fighting with bullet was better, Nigeria would had been Down since...

But we know the Law... international laws...

we know our bounds... but you know nothing.

God would punish you all if Oct 1st come and go and nothing happened after all ur online chest beating.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

He was exonerating himself the killings.... Amazing.
I thought he was the same Governor that label IPOB miscreants... that signed that nobody was killed.
now he is dancing bata.

Young man Obiano don't know what he is up against... same as buratai.

believe me... In this world of today... Nigeria could be jungle but but the world as a whole is sane... and something are not allowed.

If Buhari can stop internet in Nigeria perhaps his bullshit could be hidden with propagandas...

but today's world.... the same world is at ur finger tip... and Nigeria is slave to the same world, we have no level.. we are under the law.
Stories, you mentioned case of genocide against Buhari and Buratai, what about that of Nnamdi kanu calling for actual killing?
Go declare that Biafra now and let the war begin. Let's see who the world will support just like 1967

7 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

You northerners lack the brain capacity to withstand the heat. I understand.. I really feel for you guys.

If you are looking for war... BH is battle ready. take on them.

If fighting with bullet was better, Nigeria would had been Down since...

But we know the Law... international laws...

we know our bounds... but you know nothing.

God would punish you all if Oct 1st come and go and nothing happened after all ur online chest beating.
You Malians we know should know much about international law, just make sure you are at the warfront when it starts

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
The thing is that in a sovereign country such as ours, there are laws but these ones don't want to follow it. You ask for referendum as if you are asking me for a bottle of beer. Since radio Biafra had already told them to prepare for anything, hope they are ready and not waiting on UN

Its like setting your house(Nigeria) on fire with the hope that your neighbor (UN) would come and quench it. What if they decide they have bigger issues like North Korea?

6 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by attackgat: 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

The call for the return of Biafra was an upward swing as soon as Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999. It was kick started by Ralph Uwazuruike with MASSOB in the same year.

However, the Biafran was really galvanised when two radical elements in the name of Nnamdi Kanu and Benjamin Onwuka broke away from MASSOB and formed IPOB (Indigenous people of Biafra) and BZF (Biafran ZIonist Federation)

Unfortunately for Benjamin Onwuka, he ran foul of the law and was detained while Kanu who was in London used his Radio station to build an international network of followers.

By the later half of GEJ's tenure, Radio Biafra already had a large followership. But GEJ largely ignored them.

Buhari was the natural catalyst that moved the Biafran movement the next level. Buharis 'born to rule' mentality, his lack of understanding the dynamics of Nigeria, his analogue mindset and the fact that his administeration made Nigeria harder for Nigerians exploded the Biafran agitation.

Igbos now marvel at having their own independent nation where they dont have to worry about Northerners like Buhari any more.

It is now all about freedom by referendum.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:

We are waiting for "your" anything.... You guys would always act foolishly and indirectly promote the cause.

Roll your tank . Attempt a genocide... we would continue from there.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Its like setting your house(Nigeria) on fire with the hope that your neighbor (UN) would come and quench it. What if they decide they have bigger issues like North Korea?
I tire, always calling on UN as if anything said in the UN can change our laws just like that

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by attackgat: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Was Nnamdi Kanu on radio speaking against the unity of Nigeria at the time Jonathan was in power?

Kanu started Radio Biafra in 2009 before GEJ came to power

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
attackgat:

The call for the return of Biafra was an upward swing as soon as Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999. It was kick started by Ralph Uwazuruike with MASSOB in the same year.

However, the Biafran was really galvanised when two radical elements in the name of Nnamdi Kanu and Benjamin Onwuka broke away from MASSOB and formed IPOB (Indigenous people of Biafra) and BZF (Biafran ZIonist Federation)

Unfortunately for Benjamin Onwuka, he ran foul of the law and was detained while Kanu who was in London used his Radio station to build an international network of followers.

By the later half of GEJ's tenure, Radio Biafra already had a large followership. But GEJ largely ignored them.

Buhari was the natural catalyst that moved the Biafran movement the next level. Buharis 'born to rule' mentality, his lack of understanding the dynamics of Nigeria, his analogue mindset and the fact that his administeration made Nigeria harder for Nigerians exploded the Biafran agitation.

Igbos now marvel at having their own independent nation where they dont have to worry about Northerners like Buhari any more.

It is now all about freedom by referendum.

I think any sane human being should support referendum at this point.

Likewise, only an insane person with no lesson in history would call for war or issue quit notices, deadlines or death threat

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

We are waiting for "your" anything.... You guys would always act foolishly and indirectly promote the cause.

Roll your tank . Attempt a genocide... we would continue from there.
Nnamdi kanu didn't ask you to commit genocide against hausas and yorubas abi?
Go declare that Biafra then leave the rest

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by attackgat: 10:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Just think of ways to get what you want without violence.

Nobody should sit down and decide to start a war and then blame the Yoruba man for not risking his life to join in a fight that was never his.

IPOB has never been violent, it is Nigeria that has been violent to them

IPOB has never killed anyone, it is them that have been shot and killed

IPOB talks about referendum, Nigeria talks about war.

Your advice should be to the Nigerian government, not IPOB

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Sunnynwa: 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

So should we put the lives of millions at risk because of a silly old man?

Ojukwu lived to a ripe old age. About 3 million people that died in the war had no such luck.

I don't mean to insult an Hero but we must learn from history or we are doomed to repeat it.

Is it not easier to let them go and the rest of Nigeria continue in peace than to fight war?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
attackgat:

Kanu started Radio Biafra in 2009 before GEJ came to power

I will take your word for it and I agree that the Buhari government did not handle this well.

However, my point is, pro biafrans should attempt to grab political power either regionally or nationally. This will make their cause easier and also proof that they have follower ship. Then you can get the international and political support you need. Either that or we keep making comments that will drive innocent young men to take action that might lead to death or incarceration without achieving anything.

It is naive to expect that an Hausa man would give you what you want to the detriment to his own people.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
I tire, always calling on UN as if anything said in the UN can change our laws just like that

Its not about UN.

it's just a simple issue... All of you believe in federal might... and believe in Nigeria war machine... Good.

We on the other side believe that Federal Might is week and Nigeria in recession, facing Challenges, facing BH, Facing Militancy is weak and need our help.

we also believe that Being right in the law (internationally) and mental strong (planning 5 steps ahead) , with is a more powerful weapon

we believe in being civil, fighting a 2017 warfare requires brain.... Core North lack that brain... If they do, they won't have been shooting themselves on the foot.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

I think any sane human being should support referendum at this point.

Likewise, only an insane person with no lesson in history would call for war or issue quit notices, deadlines or death threat
The call for referendum is not the issue, it can be done either the Quebec, Scotland form where a formal constitutional way was followed or the Eritrea, South Sudan pattern which was granted after decades of war.
They should choose one, radio Biafra only tells them of the first example and all they can do is shout everywhere and Nigeria just grants them.
If that easy, please tell the president to grant me yyeske state and I'd be the governor please

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Is it not easier to let them go and the rest of Nigeria continue in peace than to fight war?

You are a smart man. You know my point. Therefore, no further comment
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

I will take your word for it and I agree that the Buhari government did not handle this well.

However, my point is, pro biafrans should attempt to grab political power either regionally or nationally. This will make their cause easier and also proof that they have follower ship. Then you can get the international and political support you need. Either that or we keep making comments that will drive innocent young men to take action that might lead to death or incarceration without achieving anything.

It is naive to expect that an Hausa man would give you what you want to the detriment to his own people.

Biafra would Benefit Hausa Fulani more... infact more than Yorubas.

Am 100% sure.

They have nothing to lose... everything to gain.

5 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

Its not about UN.

it's just a simple issue... All of you believe in federal might... and believe in Nigeria war machine... Good.

We on the other side believe that Federal Might is week and Nigeria in recession, facing Challenges, facing BH, Facing Militancy is weak and need our help.

we also believe that Being right in the law (internationally) and mental strong (planning 5 steps ahead) , with is a more powerful weapon

we believe in being civil, fighting a 2017 warfare requires brain.... Core North lack that brain... If they do, they won't have been shooting themselves on the foot.
Go through the normal procedure under the law and get the referendum and Biafra peacefully or you risk what you never pray for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / Pictures Of Tinubu At "South West Youth Rally For BAT 2023" / Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.