Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! (21256 Views)

What Does He Mean / How Did He Know She Cheated? / When A Guy Says He Needs A Break,wat Exactly Does He Mean By That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by ceasyc(f): 11:58am On Mar 01, 2010
@poster
u say u're not even a 9jan, how did
u manage to spell the pidgin n igbo?
"na you be my madam, na you biko"?
u try oh
Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by earthrealm(m): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2010
there is anoda angle to this s-h-i-t,

@poster, if the NA U BE MY MADAM was said in a question like manner/asked as a question.then it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, ,,,,,,,
Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by fiswu: 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2010
earthrealm:

there is anoda angle to this s-h-i-t,

@poster, if the NA U BE MY MADAM was said in a question like manner/asked as a question.then it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, ,,,,,,,

PLease, what is the other meaning?
Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by kech(f): 6:20am On Mar 22, 2010
Fiswu please don't let nairaland confuse u ooo. Pidgin English, a kind of lingo in Nigeria,is kinda hard to interpret in plain English.  People will interpret it different ways. You have to look at the context in which it's used. If you interpret it literally (From pidgin to plain English), it means:
Na you be my madam -You're my boss
Na you biko - It's you please.

But the above makes no sense in the context you are talking about. Pidgin english should not be read literally. Most times it looks like one thing and means another.

In the context in which he's using it (judging from what you said), he probably means:
Na you be my madam - You're my girl, I know you so well/You know me so well ( Note: "girl" could mean a close friend or a girl friend)
Na you biko - a slang that means " I doff my hat to you!" or "My hat goes off to you" or " I hail you!".

Platnumnk also gave a good interpretation.

platinumnk:

in english its like you are mine,
My madam, can be close friend thats a woman.
since you are not in a relationship nor sleeping together
is justs a friendly way of saying he knows u very well.
Sorta like a friend calling you about something but you already know why shes calling.
So you would be like I know u chick, your my friend.

if he was meaning my madam as in gf, there are better sweet words to use ( like nkem) and since he hasnt used them then hes justs being funny with you  smiley

Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by fiswu: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2010
@kech

Thanks a lot! You did a wonderful job!!!
Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by TewMuch: 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
why are these nairalander's always narrating everything for foreigners? soon they will know everything we say behind their backs. mscheew. tongue. You guys should please stop. angry
Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by austin09: 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2010
Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by queeneve: 12:20am On Apr 01, 2010
Oblong,

All kind of hookers in Nigeria, WHY WOULD HE GO TO HAITI OR WANT SOMEBODY FROM HAITI IF HE JUST WANT SOME ARSE?

Ein,

I don't know if you are aware, THERE ARE COMPUTERS IN WORK OFFICES, I wasn't sure if you was aware, undecided
Re: What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2014
fiswu:

I'm haitian. I still don't get it.
okay... On clearer grounds, it means that you are his one and only love... Biko in igbo mean please so direct translation is ' you are my woman. You and only you please....' its clearer if you probably accused him of maybe not being in love with you or accused him of having more than one woman

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Places For Valentine Dates In Lagos / ₦360million, Would You Breakup With Bae For $1million, See Reactions(shots) / Plus-Sized Lady Shares Her Love Success Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.