Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. (63018 Views)

Not All 30yrs Old Ladies Were Approached By Serious Men In Their 20's / I'm 30yrs Male In Love With A 19yrs Old / Am 18 And Am In Love With A 30yrs Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Windflower(f): 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
omoelerin1:
you can be the OP's second wife.
sad,we don't do second wife in my family,its prohibited

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Onedibe1: 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
Bagehot:

You must be silly.
Just like your fada.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by chachanga: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
rheether:
I pity you cry
Haba, ur on another level nah undecided? Try doing your research very well before handing out pity to those who don't need it nah?

sonofoluku:

Pity urself biiiitch!!!!This guy is a very smart dude.Ive veen a fool.Ive been earning over 500k monthly since last year and spending it on biiiitchy slay hoookers like you.I wanna get a good girl and settle down too.Shut up biiiitch!

Everybody's entitled to their dreams, standards and idiosyncrasies as long as it they don't offend anyone with it; it's her opinion which I personally know to be very very off-base!

I know at least 4 other couples who did their wedding on this lowkey level and immediately relocated 2 to US and are still doing great, and 2 others to UK where one of the spouses got a Database Mgt job with Marks & Spencers, the other one went working for Arsenal, enough sef! AND THESE ARE COUSINS AND FAMILY FRIENDS o, all of whom started with not-too-much!

Where she missed it is "Ladies have to ensure that, while in the midst of eating dinners, getting tripped and, unfortunately getting screwed silly, that they are at least hooked to a man with potentials, prospects, plans and structures in place to get those plans working"! Most ladies keep getting recycled from hand2hand by guys who have one or two but not all of the above plus some present resources that get spent up in the course of relationship, yet they keep gold-digging upandan, to no avail, while knocking those who are busy starting small!

NB
And for all those busy disbelieving the OP, well, here are hints for you!
1. Living expenses in the cities and major metropolitan areas don't always add up to what you get in the suburbia. That's the truth anywhere in the world and I can assure you, humbly enough, av bn around a bit!

2. Economics of scale always come in to help further when you frequent local marts to shop in bulk, you keep tabs on cheap promos, discount sales and possibly, are a coupon gatherer like me.

3. Cost-cutting measures are more readily available in rural areas and townships than major cities; they're there for people who scout closely enough. Was in Nigeria last year and had enough time with my NASS bro.
While expecting his wifey to go shopping the popular Wuse market, the lady took her driver, one of the Tundras and headed out to someplace she called the Orange Market in Nassarawa state for her monthly foodstuffs shopping. They left in the morning, came back, late afternoon. I made inquiries, she started naming other markets, mostly outside Abuja city, and the fact that she prefers devoting just a day for her shopping because of the high influx of house guests, they entertain, who must be catered for; all other stuffs come in from the local Shoprites, Next Mall & co.
And they also told me people at those ends fare very well getting things cheaply plus government schools which they supplement with private lessons for their kids.
If these avenues are there, and people exploit them, they may actually be able to live below some figures which are gonna be quite outrageous to the rest of us.

4. One person's necessity may actually be considered a luxury, that can be dispensed with to free up much needed funds, by another person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
blessingee:

They don't do Iya Basira. They buy what they need in bulk to last the whole month.

Lmao.

I understand now.

It's Obvious u can't list it out.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Gentkode(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
some folks be saying i pity you and shit. the op wrote not only out of his own reasoning but with facts to back it up as well. some poor folks and girls that have only hope, don't even have a job be saying; "i pity you". i don't intend to get married on a 35k monthly salary. but the op did good with his analysis. thumbs up @op, some ppl never see life.

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by ikemesit4477: 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Because he's a senseless nigga lying n confusing gullible Nigerians like u...grin
madam focus on your boyfriend and leave someone husband alone OK.

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by kendylet(f): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
donpata:
I was moved to write this epistle cos of the fp topic of marrying someone who earns 35k yesterday. I have seen such questions on NL but I normally ignore them. Someone even asked if a lady can marry someone who earns 100k embarassed. I normally laugh at the comments and move on. I laughed at the sheer ignorance of many commenters, and the foolish statements many made. I decided to assume that 70% of the people who commented are either undergraduates still studying who have a big Disney picture of the sweet employment awaiting them or some who have not really known what is out there in the world. The remaining 20% earn well probably and so feel life should be like that for everyone. The remaining 10% commenters are those who really see life as it is in reality – DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. Now am gonna be objective and subjective at the same time. And let me warn you – IT’S LONG tongue

Me? 30yrs, had my BSc in the north but did my MSc at UI. Hoping to register for Phd by next year.
My fiancée? 24ys old and currently awaiting 300 lv registration. Will be done by 2019.

Fact: without any serious research, I think I am save to say that at least 50% of families (basically father and mother) in Nigeria earn a combined income of less than 40k in a month.
Fact: The federal govt claims it has about 100k civil servants. Add paramilitary and military with about 500k personnel and public office holders, I think 800k people in active service on FG’s payroll is a fair judgment. For the sake of argument, let’s assume fg has another 800k retired personnel on pension. That’s like 1.6 million people. Nigeria has a population of 180million people. The WB estimate Nigeria has a workforce of about 60 million in 2016. If we delete the 1.6million on FGs payroll, we still have about 58.4million people left. Obviously, the remaining are left for the State and Local govt as well as private sector to employ. How many are employed?
Lagos state claims it has about 100,000 workers in its payroll. Let me be liberal enough to use it as a benchmark for all Nigerian states and fct. 100k by 37 = 3.7million employees.
Obviously, we still have over 50million people to employ. How many will the Real private sector pick? Yeah those that will pay a graduate from 60k above – how many can they pick? Now many will have to be entrepreneurs, “self-employed” people, petty traders, artisans etc. How much can they really earn monthly?

Fact: 80% of state and LGA workers between level 1 and 10 earn less than 50k in a month. Apart from states like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and a few others, most states, especially in the North, pay quite low. On level 8, with Kad Govt, I earn 35-37k. It fluctuates monthly. Note that there are married people with at least 3 children that are on lev 1 - 6. Do the maths.

Wedding:
Many asked how one will pay bride price. Well, I have crossed that bridge. I know my status so before I even got a lady, I started buying some stuff like wrappers to keep. More so, my savings, family and friends rally round me and that was solved. Only a foolish lady will think of bride price as an issue here. Except if her family is poor, why should they demand too much?. 2 of my sisters that married had their bride price pegged at 5k each. The total money paid on the first was 25k and 50k for the 2nd. Mind you, they are currently running their masters programme so they ain’t illiterates. Let me stop here.

So the Wedding? How will I handle it? SIMPLE: I AM CUTTING MY COAT ACCORDING TO MY POCKET

Box: I went to the market and saw boxes of 100-200k. I was showed a set of 5 for 30k as well. I opted for a set of 5 at 60k. That’s my own level too. Mind you there were people picking that of 30k too. Different strokes for Different folks.

RECEPTION VENUE: Church Premises. My church got a lot of space so why should I spend 200-500k (that I don’t even have) renting a hall for a 2hr event? A guy who got married last month in my Church did not do reception at all. Again, Different strokes for Different folks.

Wedding Cards: Saw a nice foreign one. They said it will cost me 30k per 100. I needed 500. I was showed another that will cost 5k per 100. I Finally opted for the one of 10k per 100. Even got a 5k discount.

My suit? I opted for a 16k suit and my best man decided to pay for it.

My shoes? I got really nice shoes but coz it’s my day, I opted for new ones. I picked up a very nice one for 2k. It aint top notch quality but it should take me through the day. It can actually pass for a ck or d&g when viewed from a distance.

My Chairs and Canopies? My organizers are 20. Lol grin. They have paid 80% of the money.

Cake? My aunt who has a HND in catering bla bla and has been in it for almost 15yrs running has taken that as her contribution.

DJ and Camera man? My men in suit, (5 in number) have paid for that service. tongue

MC? A friend is good at it. That is his contribution.

Wedding Gown: My cake designer linked me to a lady who rents out. She thus charged us 10k for a nice wedding gown. I deposited 5k. Will pay 5k after the event.
Need I continue? I don’t think so.

The main thing – The marriage life
Yeah I know you are saying all I have said na wash. You are waiting for how reality will hit me after the marriage cos that’s the main deal. You gonna say you await my regret thread after some few months. Sorry, your expectation will be cut short.

Fees:
Now, my to-be wife will be registering for a new session by December. Her fees is just arnd 30k so I kept that amount and I have promised myself not to touch it until its time. I don’t even need to touch it. Everything appears almost set and done.

Clothing: I filled my wife’s box to the “brim” with both native and English wears. coolSo for now, cloths aint really an issue.

Accommodation: Here in KD, a 1 bedroom mini flat cost between 80-150k depending on the location. Am not talking of a 2 room flat cos, truly, I don’t need it now. But I am not even thinking of taking the mini flat either. A room and parlor (real face me I face u) cost between 18k-45k depending on the location. There are better ones; mostly new houses that cost 40-60k. I’ve gotten a very nice one for 55k. Just 2 tenants in the house and the other guy is single so we just gonna be sharing the toilet with him. It’s not that I can’t afford it but wisdom must direct me. I got 2plots of land already so I don’t even intend staying in that house beyond a year or 2.

My building: I already have 2 plots of land. I’ve struck an agreement with some guys who will supply me mud blocks at N20 each. At my estimate of 3000 blocks, that’s 60k grin. Havent paid but after my wedding, I will do it jejely. My plan is to rush the building and roof it b4 the rains come next year. I paid some guys in my area 7k so by next week, they are gonna go there and dig the foundation of a 2bedroom flat for me. Not that I am building now but I have to dig during the rainy season cos the land gets hard during the dry season. My intention is to use just ¼ of the land for that so that when I am blessed wella, I will use the remaining ¾ of the land to build my pent house. Need I tell you that by estimates, I need 6 bundles of those “aluminum” sheets to roof it? I bought 3 last year when it was 16k. I could not add cos it went up to 30k. I heard it’s 20k now but I can’t buy the remaining 3 now cos of my wedding preps. Will do that after my wedding when I have relaxed a bit.

Feeding?
A 50kg bag of rice takes me over 5 months now that I am alone. I believe in varieties so I got different things stocked in my room. Adding one or two extra plate should not make life difficult. I planted maize on my 2 plots. Once harvested, I won’t need to buy semovita all the time. If you have been to the north, you will know that with my harvest, Tuwo is served. Need I continue? I don’t think so. Let me not bore you further.

My support to extended Families
Someone asked in that thread that how do one take care of his families and inlaws. Well, my family aint rich but they can cater for themselves. My dad and mum earn and have only one child left in the university. Moreover, they are sensible enough to know that they should not expect from me. Rather, what is sensible is for them to support me if need be tongue. My fiancées’ parents aint rich either. But I know they aint so poor to demand me to take care of their own responsibility when they know I have their daughter to cater for. Of coz, once in a while, I will do what I can for our families.

Children
Just a child and I will pause until she is done with school. I know it’s gonna come with challenges but I don’t think you expect me to plan out every day of my life and budget for same here. I know that I will cross the bridge when I get there.

Other wants
I am a gadget freak. Before my wedding preps, I buy things impulsively. Now I know I have to control that. I know what lies ahead of me. That’s why I didn’t go for an iphone but went for a hot note. When the hot note packed up, I didn’t kill myself for a Samsung s7 even though I love it. I went for my sweet Ulefone Tiger @ 31k. When I went for a tab, I didn’t go for an ipad; not even a tecno pad. I went for imose xii tongue. Instead of ps3 console, I download games to my laptop and play them. That serves me.

I CAN TRULY GO ON AND ON BUT CALLING SOMEONE A FOOL AS MANY DID ON THAT THREAD YESTERDAY IS QUITE ILLOGICAL. My dad married at 24. My mum was 19 then. Both are now degree holders. Things have changed and that’s why I am marrying at 30. I don’t want to clock 50 and yet taking my first child to write Common Entrance. If you like say I am rushing.
Firstly, I love my fiancée die. 2ndly, I am a Christian and my bodily desires are building up strongly. Marriage is the way out. 3rdly, I love kids. Since they are an inheritance, I can’t wait to have one as God wills. Lastly, I wanna retire in peace. Not old man using my pension to train undergraduates and Jambites.
Finally, I am not complacent with where I am. I have handled a few millions before but this is where I am now. I wanna go for my phd and I hope to reestablish myself in business. But I can’t again let my social life suffer cos of where I am today. I have a job now; low paying as it is, I know if well managed, I will make it out. Even if I remain in the employ of the State Govt, I cant earn 35k forever. I am young and will keep moving on.

DISCLAIMER: grin This is not meant to force anyone to get married when he is not ready - Not at all. I just want some people to know that there are different strokes for different folks. There are too many factors that determine happiness and success in life and marriage. Your salary is just one. YOU CANT CALL ME A FOOL FOR MY DECISION. I HAVE CAREFULLY WEIGHED MY CIRCUMSTANCE AND PROSPECTS AND I FEEL I AM READY TO TAKE THE LEAP. I KNOW IT WONT BE A WALK IN THE PARK; BUT IT WONT BE TOO DIFFICULT EITHER.
FOR THE “FOOLS AT 40” WAITING FOR THEIR MILLIONS TO BUILD UP BEFORE SETTLING DOWN, TILL UNA COME.
FORGIVE ME FOR THE LONG EPISTLE.
HAD TO TAKE MY TIME SO THAT SOME PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE THAT NO TWO PEOPLE HAVE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES AND SITUATIONS.

I PROMISE TO RAISE ANOTHER THREAD ANNUALLY TO TELL YOU HOW FAR WE HAVE GONE. wink
i am wowed at how you got it all planned out! may GOD see you and your family through...he works in mysterious ways and i bet he knows your struggle cause he said he has thoughts of good and never evil... happy married life in advance, may the almighty bless your union!!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
ikemesit4477:

lmao, gay people everywhere
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by DVC1: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
Nice one bro. God grant your heart desires. Am inspired

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by ikemesit4477: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I didn't know you are a goat! undecided
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by omoelerin1: 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
Windflower:

sad,we don't do second wife in my family,its prohibited
I was only joking.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by ikemesit4477: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I didn't know you are a goat!
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by ITbomb(m): 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Bros pls explain how he will feed his wife n himself with 35k salary, just feeding.
a half bag of rice which will last min of 3 months (spreading the cost is 3k a month) = 3k
Soup of 3k can last a week (assuming they have fridge and light) 3 x 4 weeks = 12k
In between food (beans or stew = 2k x 4) = 8
Gas 2.5k 7kg

Total = N25k for feeding
Reducing ratio can take it down to 20k

Change remain

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by HardMirror(m): 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
Marcelo290:
5 Things I deduce from your write up

1. You are intelligent and smart, intelligent people go far in life.

2.You refuse to be moved nor follow the crowd, you are my type of person and I admire you for that.

3. You refused to be moved by negativity, stay positive, I commend you for that, keep being optimistic.

4. You got your life well planed, an unexamined life actually is not worth living, kudos!

5. You have future goals and ambitions, that's a good one.

But also, if your fiance isn't an understanding person, you would have problems and everything you stated there won't work out.

I respect intelligent people, all the best Sire.

honestly, the guy is very focused. i must confess i am a wasteful chap, to imagine someone could manage that amount of money and have such daring plans inspires me to be more prudent

4 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by HardMirror(m): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
ikemesit4477:
abeg ignore the mumu girl.

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Bibors(m): 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
I married with less in 2008, I am blessed with a beautiful wife and 3 wonderful kids now. I now own my house with tenants and the family have 2 functional cars.
People may not understand you but I am a living testimony.
God bless your marriage. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from God.

4 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by MightyFortress: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
I can relate.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by crunchyg: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
Merryglad:
Thank you
You are welcome dear, how are you doing?
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by RuggedArab: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
Menh...... look at analysis! Even with the over 139k monthly before pension and tax, siblings don't ask money from me (infact they will want to give me), mom, very okay and will even give me which I always turn down (she packs plenty of food for me when I visit) and I can't still find my salary before 24th of every month?

Now, where is all the money going? All these karashika (slay queens) monitoring spirit girls? My V6 Avalon whip? abi the Aso Rock rats are eating my money? I can dash money sha.

..... And Mom will shout bring one girlfriend let's start from there and I am like what is she gonna eat? with this my peanut take home? Nah! It is also funny how family, friends and colleagues tell you their own quota for the whole marriage thingy and I'll be like you guys should convert the while sh!t to money and wire into my account..... because sure I'll receive alert of over 1.5mil. lol.

I raise my hand for the analyzers and all, it is not really easy. I wish I can cut down on some excess though but wouldn't it cause ulcer? lol.... the mouth don too wide jare. Me that is thinking of quitting my job because of the change compared to my experience and all.

Ladies, this thread is for you to encourage aspiring young men like me/us who are trying to get ''THERE'' and not to milk the little that is left of us. Encourage us, stand by us whether na 1 naira, 35k, 1 million or 30billion till we get where we are very comfortable. Is that too much for you all ladies to do?

Alot of you ladies praising the Original Poster will not still follow him just 1 out of 1,980. Let the truth be said.

5 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Ifine(f): 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
[/color][color=#000099]i love ur courage. Ride on. u don't have to plan everybit of ur life cos u don't own it. God does and I believe He does all things well if u seek his assistance. once the right man is here even if he about to work I will settle with him as he wish

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by DJperdurabo: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2017
donpata:
I was moved to write this epistle cos of the fp topic of marrying someone who earns 35k yesterday. I have seen such questions on NL but I normally ignore them. Someone even asked if a lady can marry someone who earns 100k embarassed. I normally laugh at the comments and move on. I laughed at the sheer ignorance of many commenters, and the foolish statements many made. I decided to assume that 70% of the people who commented are either undergraduates still studying who have a big Disney picture of the sweet employment awaiting them or some who have not really known what is out there in the world. The remaining 20% earn well probably and so feel life should be like that for everyone. The remaining 10% commenters are those who really see life as it is in reality – DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. Now am gonna be objective and subjective at the same time. And let me warn you – IT’S LONG tongue

Me? 30yrs, had my BSc in the north but did my MSc at UI. Hoping to register for Phd by next year.
My fiancée? 24ys old and currently awaiting 300 lv registration. Will be done by 2019.

Fact: without any serious research, I think I am save to say that at least 50% of families (basically father and mother) in Nigeria earn a combined income of less than 40k in a month.
Fact: The federal govt claims it has about 100k civil servants. Add paramilitary and military with about 500k personnel and public office holders, I think 800k people in active service on FG’s payroll is a fair judgment. For the sake of argument, let’s assume fg has another 800k retired personnel on pension. That’s like 1.6 million people. Nigeria has a population of 180million people. The WB estimate Nigeria has a workforce of about 60 million in 2016. If we delete the 1.6million on FGs payroll, we still have about 58.4million people left. Obviously, the remaining are left for the State and Local govt as well as private sector to employ. How many are employed?
Lagos state claims it has about 100,000 workers in its payroll. Let me be liberal enough to use it as a benchmark for all Nigerian states and fct. 100k by 37 = 3.7million employees.
Obviously, we still have over 50million people to employ. How many will the Real private sector pick? Yeah those that will pay a graduate from 60k above – how many can they pick? Now many will have to be entrepreneurs, “self-employed” people, petty traders, artisans etc. How much can they really earn monthly?

Fact: 80% of state and LGA workers between level 1 and 10 earn less than 50k in a month. Apart from states like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and a few others, most states, especially in the North, pay quite low. On level 8, with Kad Govt, I earn 35-37k. It fluctuates monthly. Note that there are married people with at least 3 children that are on lev 1 - 6. Do the maths.

Wedding:
Many asked how one will pay bride price. Well, I have crossed that bridge. I know my status so before I even got a lady, I started buying some stuff like wrappers to keep. More so, my savings, family and friends rally round me and that was solved. Only a foolish lady will think of bride price as an issue here. Except if her family is poor, why should they demand too much?. 2 of my sisters that married had their bride price pegged at 5k each. The total money paid on the first was 25k and 50k for the 2nd. Mind you, they are currently running their masters programme so they ain’t illiterates. Let me stop here.

So the Wedding? How will I handle it? SIMPLE: I AM CUTTING MY COAT ACCORDING TO MY POCKET

Box: I went to the market and saw boxes of 100-200k. I was showed a set of 5 for 30k as well. I opted for a set of 5 at 60k. That’s my own level too. Mind you there were people picking that of 30k too. Different strokes for Different folks.

RECEPTION VENUE: Church Premises. My church got a lot of space so why should I spend 200-500k (that I don’t even have) renting a hall for a 2hr event? A guy who got married last month in my Church did not do reception at all. Again, Different strokes for Different folks.

Wedding Cards: Saw a nice foreign one. They said it will cost me 30k per 100. I needed 500. I was showed another that will cost 5k per 100. I Finally opted for the one of 10k per 100. Even got a 5k discount.

My suit? I opted for a 16k suit and my best man decided to pay for it.

My shoes? I got really nice shoes but coz it’s my day, I opted for new ones. I picked up a very nice one for 2k. It aint top notch quality but it should take me through the day. It can actually pass for a ck or d&g when viewed from a distance.

My Chairs and Canopies? My organizers are 20. Lol grin. They have paid 80% of the money.

Cake? My aunt who has a HND in catering bla bla and has been in it for almost 15yrs running has taken that as her contribution.

DJ and Camera man? My men in suit, (5 in number) have paid for that service. tongue

MC? A friend is good at it. That is his contribution.

Wedding Gown: My cake designer linked me to a lady who rents out. She thus charged us 10k for a nice wedding gown. I deposited 5k. Will pay 5k after the event.
Need I continue? I don’t think so.

The main thing – The marriage life
Yeah I know you are saying all I have said na wash. You are waiting for how reality will hit me after the marriage cos that’s the main deal. You gonna say you await my regret thread after some few months. Sorry, your expectation will be cut short.

Fees:
Now, my to-be wife will be registering for a new session by December. Her fees is just arnd 30k so I kept that amount and I have promised myself not to touch it until its time. I don’t even need to touch it. Everything appears almost set and done.

Clothing: I filled my wife’s box to the “brim” with both native and English wears. coolSo for now, cloths aint really an issue.

Accommodation: Here in KD, a 1 bedroom mini flat cost between 80-150k depending on the location. Am not talking of a 2 room flat cos, truly, I don’t need it now. But I am not even thinking of taking the mini flat either. A room and parlor (real face me I face u) cost between 18k-45k depending on the location. There are better ones; mostly new houses that cost 40-60k. I’ve gotten a very nice one for 55k. Just 2 tenants in the house and the other guy is single so we just gonna be sharing the toilet with him. It’s not that I can’t afford it but wisdom must direct me. I got 2plots of land already so I don’t even intend staying in that house beyond a year or 2.

My building: I already have 2 plots of land. I’ve struck an agreement with some guys who will supply me mud blocks at N20 each. At my estimate of 3000 blocks, that’s 60k grin. Havent paid but after my wedding, I will do it jejely. My plan is to rush the building and roof it b4 the rains come next year. I paid some guys in my area 7k so by next week, they are gonna go there and dig the foundation of a 2bedroom flat for me. Not that I am building now but I have to dig during the rainy season cos the land gets hard during the dry season. My intention is to use just ¼ of the land for that so that when I am blessed wella, I will use the remaining ¾ of the land to build my pent house. Need I tell you that by estimates, I need 6 bundles of those “aluminum” sheets to roof it? I bought 3 last year when it was 16k. I could not add cos it went up to 30k. I heard it’s 20k now but I can’t buy the remaining 3 now cos of my wedding preps. Will do that after my wedding when I have relaxed a bit.

Feeding?
A 50kg bag of rice takes me over 5 months now that I am alone. I believe in varieties so I got different things stocked in my room. Adding one or two extra plate should not make life difficult. I planted maize on my 2 plots. Once harvested, I won’t need to buy semovita all the time. If you have been to the north, you will know that with my harvest, Tuwo is served. Need I continue? I don’t think so. Let me not bore you further.

My support to extended Families
Someone asked in that thread that how do one take care of his families and inlaws. Well, my family aint rich but they can cater for themselves. My dad and mum earn and have only one child left in the university. Moreover, they are sensible enough to know that they should not expect from me. Rather, what is sensible is for them to support me if need be tongue. My fiancées’ parents aint rich either. But I know they aint so poor to demand me to take care of their own responsibility when they know I have their daughter to cater for. Of coz, once in a while, I will do what I can for our families.

Children
Just a child and I will pause until she is done with school. I know it’s gonna come with challenges but I don’t think you expect me to plan out every day of my life and budget for same here. I know that I will cross the bridge when I get there.

Other wants
I am a gadget freak. Before my wedding preps, I buy things impulsively. Now I know I have to control that. I know what lies ahead of me. That’s why I didn’t go for an iphone but went for a hot note. When the hot note packed up, I didn’t kill myself for a Samsung s7 even though I love it. I went for my sweet Ulefone Tiger @ 31k. When I went for a tab, I didn’t go for an ipad; not even a tecno pad. I went for imose xii tongue. Instead of ps3 console, I download games to my laptop and play them. That serves me.

I CAN TRULY GO ON AND ON BUT CALLING SOMEONE A FOOL AS MANY DID ON THAT THREAD YESTERDAY IS QUITE ILLOGICAL. My dad married at 24. My mum was 19 then. Both are now degree holders. Things have changed and that’s why I am marrying at 30. I don’t want to clock 50 and yet taking my first child to write Common Entrance. If you like say I am rushing.
Firstly, I love my fiancée die. 2ndly, I am a Christian and my bodily desires are building up strongly. Marriage is the way out. 3rdly, I love kids. Since they are an inheritance, I can’t wait to have one as God wills. Lastly, I wanna retire in peace. Not old man using my pension to train undergraduates and Jambites.
Finally, I am not complacent with where I am. I have handled a few millions before but this is where I am now. I wanna go for my phd and I hope to reestablish myself in business. But I can’t again let my social life suffer cos of where I am today. I have a job now; low paying as it is, I know if well managed, I will make it out. Even if I remain in the employ of the State Govt, I cant earn 35k forever. I am young and will keep moving on.

DISCLAIMER: grin This is not meant to force anyone to get married when he is not ready - Not at all. I just want some people to know that there are different strokes for different folks. There are too many factors that determine happiness and success in life and marriage. Your salary is just one. YOU CANT CALL ME A FOOL FOR MY DECISION. I HAVE CAREFULLY WEIGHED MY CIRCUMSTANCE AND PROSPECTS AND I FEEL I AM READY TO TAKE THE LEAP. I KNOW IT WONT BE A WALK IN THE PARK; BUT IT WONT BE TOO DIFFICULT EITHER.
FOR THE “FOOLS AT 40” WAITING FOR THEIR MILLIONS TO BUILD UP BEFORE SETTLING DOWN, TILL UNA COME.
FORGIVE ME FOR THE LONG EPISTLE.
HAD TO TAKE MY TIME SO THAT SOME PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE THAT NO TWO PEOPLE HAVE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES AND SITUATIONS.

I PROMISE TO RAISE ANOTHER THREAD ANNUALLY TO TELL YOU HOW FAR WE HAVE GONE. wink

Here is a man indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by DJperdurabo: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
pocohantas:
You have lots of support system, not everyone is this lucky.
You also didn't tell us you most likely have another source of income.
You buy impulsively according to your writeup, who does that with 35-37k salary?

If they say they can't marry with 35k, leave it for them.
Wish them the best...
While they wish you same.

They are not rare. They are everywhere.
OP, is very discerning that's why he could pick her out of all the karashikas. Some of you want a girl with the so called 'slay queen' looks and body ...someone you can flaunt around as high class babe.

That's how you guys end up ignoring the modest babe because she doesn't look overly flashy. When slayqueen slays una pocket, you come to NL and shout all girls are the same.

Start observing pre-wedding pictures henceforth. Watch how modest young men go for modest young women. The best thing that can happen to anyone...male or female, is to know your size, it's not an insult...it's for ones peace of mind.

Wisdom speaks!
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by HardMirror(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Lmao, he lives in a village n works with kaduna state government, A village where 1 bedroom flat goes for average of 100k per year as he specified

Nne Dress abeg.

Even in a village, U can't survive on 35k monthly except u don't pay any rent, u don't pay for water, u don't buy pure water, u don't pay electricity bill n the village u live in plants heavily n u get all ur foods from there n oh I forgot, he would trek to office n his wife will trek to skol everyday...grin.

i cant survive on 100k a month with a wife. but i was born in the north and i believe the op should have no trouble managing in kaduna with that amount and the kind of life he wants to live. he does not seem like the amibitious type, seems he is contented with lifes basics. with that he would survive. he is basically living on the fringes and with contentment. wish him the best and move on. i dont advice anyone to try what he is undertaking tho.

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Valobit(f): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
edoman2016:

What kind of agro trading are you into? Can you please explain better? Maybe I could be interested.

that makes two of us
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
Olayemi244:

Good one Bro, though I don't like to criticize you but according to what you said, you earn 65k monthly though it was slashed. And you said you gave your wife 50k every month for normal stuffs buy also save 15k monthly. What about your transportation to your workplace... ...you forget to explain that.

You cannot criticize me because my analysis is the very truth, my wife had it planned and written down too, I practically collected the written budget from her to write it here. As for trans, my office has q company ride, fully maintained by coy for senior staffs, na forming make me dey drive go office b4.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by HardMirror(m): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
Bibors:
I married with less in 2008, I am blessed with a beautiful wife and 3 wonderful kids now. I now own my house with tenants and the family have 2 functional cars.
God bless your marriage. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from God.
planning, prudence and contentment is key. this should be a wakeup call to those who earn much more but dont plan. unfortunately i am one

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by verygudbadguy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
Bibors:
God be with you and your family for this testimony you shared. I got married when i was out of job in 2012. We survived fairly during the period. I got another job 3 months after the wedding and so far, i have not had any reason to regret my decision to have a wife. I am blessed with 2 girls and i am also expectant because i have deposited already. grin

I started slowly but when it was time for me to run, God placed the tyres. I am praying for wings so that i can fly and touch the sky and beyond. Marriage is a good changer for those who choose right.

5 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by HardMirror(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
Valobit:

that makes two of us
chai! 800k don enter ur eyes grin
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by HardMirror(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
RuggedArab:
Menh...... look at analysis! Even with the over 139k monthly before pension and tax, siblings don't ask money from me (infact they will want to give me), mom, very okay and will even give me which I always turn down (she packs plenty of food for me when I visit) and I can't still find my salary before 24th of every month?

Now, where is all the money going? All these karashika (slay queens) monitoring spirit girls? My V6 Avalon whip? abi the Aso Rock rats are eating my money? I can dash money sha.

..... And Mom will shout bring one girlfriend let's start from there and I am like what is she gonna eat? with this my peanut take home? Nah! It is also funny how family, friends and colleagues tell you their own quota for the whole marriage thingy and I'll be like you guys should convert the while sh!t to money and wire into my account..... because sure I'll receive alert of over 1.5mil. lol.

I raise my hand for the analyzers and all, it is not really easy. I wish I can cut down on some excess though but wouldn't it cause ulcer? lol.... the mouth don too wide jare. Me that is thinking of quitting my job because of the change compared to my experience and all.

Ladies, this thread is for you to encourage aspiring young men like me/us who are trying to get ''THERE'' and not to milk the little that is left of us. Encourage us, stand by us whether na 1 naira, 35k, 1 million or 30billion till we get where we are very comfortable. Is that too much for you all ladies to do?

Alot of you ladies praising the Original Poster will not still follow him just 1 out of 1,980. Let the truth be said.

you hit the nail in the head. i had to start checking the dp og the ladies praising the op to see if the at least look like ladies that would carry the ops cross, co to be honest i cant manage that money with another mouth to feed daily.

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by blessingee: 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
HardMirror:

chai! 800k don enter ur eyes grin

Na yahoo yahoo na. You suppose sabi these boys na. No be only Agro trading, na agro yahoo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Maxbull: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
Guy, wink kudos to you. may God see you through.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by julietm123: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
Pity him for what exactly? He has everything planned out. I pray God perfects and blesses his plans. Amen.
rheether:
I pity you cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype / Got Cheated On And This Is How. / After Sex Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.