Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. (63115 Views)

Not All 30yrs Old Ladies Were Approached By Serious Men In Their 20's / I'm 30yrs Male In Love With A 19yrs Old / Am 18 And Am In Love With A 30yrs Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by chachanga: 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
RuggedArab:
Menh...... look at analysis! Even with the over 139k monthly before pension and tax, siblings don't ask money from me (infact they will want to give me), mom, very okay and will even give me which I always turn down (she packs plenty of food for me when I visit) and I can't still find my salary before 24th of every month?

Now, where is all the money going? All these karashika (slay queens) monitoring spirit girls? My V6 Avalon whip? abi the Aso Rock rats are eating my money? I can dash money sha.

..... And Mom will shout bring one girlfriend let's start from there and I am like what is she gonna eat? with this my peanut take home? Nah! It is also funny how family, friends and colleagues tell you their own quota for the whole marriage thingy and I'll be like you guys should convert the while sh!t to money and wire into my account..... because sure I'll receive alert of over 1.5mil. lol.

I raise my hand for the analyzers and all, it is not really easy. I wish I can cut down on some excess though but wouldn't it cause ulcer? lol.... the mouth don too wide jare. Me that is thinking of quitting my job because of the change compared to my experience and all.

Ladies, this thread is for you to encourage aspiring young men like me/us who are trying to get ''THERE'' and not to milk the little that is left of us. Encourage us, stand by us whether na 1 naira, 35k, 1 million or 30billion till we get where we are very comfortable. Is that too much for you all ladies to do?

Alot of you ladies praising the Original Poster will not still follow him just 1 out of 1,980. Let the truth be said.

Yeah, you'll most likely have to contend with the tastes and demands of the type of ladies you date anyway.

If all one reads on this forum is any reflection of how in Naij must be now, then you might have to go looking for a sweet, god-fearing, intelligent and ambitious diamond-in-the-rough to own and polish for yourself too. And pls remember, you don't majorly marry a woman for now but for the future. While everyone's shouting on the guy as per his prospects, he needs to be carefully weighing his prospective partner on her potential contributions to the union, his life and destiny.

You will need a lady who's able, and desirous of her own self, not only to help you plan what you have but to also ensure you have savings leftover to tackle other personal and family goals as time goes on. Just go with this formula "While, sometimes the "marry-able girls are not slays, most times the "slays" are not often directly 'marry-able'" and get the much-needed sagely and strategic wisdom to plan your way and make your choice for bliss, betterment and a great posterity.

Leave the aproka noise-making slays to later come and coo all over your wedding pics on social media. grin They're often good at regretfully bemoaning lost suitors especially when it's already too late and the guys now happily married to some other sweet chic 10x better than them who was willing to start small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2017
ImaIma1:

How do you get to work and back. What about little miscellaneous expenses you might need. You cnnot leave the house everyday with 0naira in your wallet.

I don't believe all this 35k marriage thing or 60k,etc. Because what this people will not tell you is their plan B. They wont tell you that they have another source of income. Salary might not be all they depend on. Then some will sheepishly follow what they say and discover that they were deceived. Look before you leap. Don't follow people's mouth o.

I already responded to how I get to work n back somewhere, nairaland is simply filled with pretenders forming what they are not on social platforms, I cannot come and bring down myself to make a point, FYI my first job post nysc was 10k per month in 2011, I still made a commitment to save 2k5 from it every month, my second job as a teacher, private school in asaba was 20k, I saved 7k monthly, and God is always faithful, again I live in d heart of the capital of delta state asaba, nobody should come with that its about the city crap, it only shows nativity, I drive a 2005 accord, I bought it when things were more rosy not direct toks but 9ja used buy n drive for 650k b4 dollar sky Rocketed. I can go on and on, but no need, I have passed my msg to those who have brains and not indomie.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Bestie93(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
donpata:
I was moved to write this epistle cos of the fp topic of marrying someone who earns 35k yesterday. I have seen such questions on NL but I normally ignore them. Someone even asked if a lady can marry someone who earns 100k embarassed. I normally laugh at the comments and move on. I laughed at the sheer ignorance of many commenters, and the foolish statements many made. I decided to assume that 70% of the people who commented are either undergraduates still studying who have a big Disney picture of the sweet employment awaiting them or some who have not really known what is out there in the world. The remaining 20% earn well probably and so feel life should be like that for everyone. The remaining 10% commenters are those who really see life as it is in reality – DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. Now am gonna be objective and subjective at the same time. And let me warn you – IT’S LONG tongue

Me? 30yrs, had my BSc in the north but did my MSc at UI. Hoping to register for Phd by next year.
My fiancée? 24ys old and currently awaiting 300 lv registration. Will be done by 2019.

Fact: without any serious research, I think I am save to say that at least 50% of families (basically father and mother) in Nigeria earn a combined income of less than 40k in a month.
Fact: The federal govt claims it has about 100k civil servants. Add paramilitary and military with about 500k personnel and public office holders, I think 800k people in active service on FG’s payroll is a fair judgment. For the sake of argument, let’s assume fg has another 800k retired personnel on pension. That’s like 1.6 million people. Nigeria has a population of 180million people. The WB estimate Nigeria has a workforce of about 60 million in 2016. If we delete the 1.6million on FGs payroll, we still have about 58.4million people left. Obviously, the remaining are left for the State and Local govt as well as private sector to employ. How many are employed?
Lagos state claims it has about 100,000 workers in its payroll. Let me be liberal enough to use it as a benchmark for all Nigerian states and fct. 100k by 37 = 3.7million employees.
Obviously, we still have over 50million people to employ. How many will the Real private sector pick? Yeah those that will pay a graduate from 60k above – how many can they pick? Now many will have to be entrepreneurs, “self-employed” people, petty traders, artisans etc. How much can they really earn monthly?

Fact: 80% of state and LGA workers between level 1 and 10 earn less than 50k in a month. Apart from states like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and a few others, most states, especially in the North, pay quite low. On level 8, with Kad Govt, I earn 35-37k. It fluctuates monthly. Note that there are married people with at least 3 children that are on lev 1 - 6. Do the maths.

Wedding:
Many asked how one will pay bride price. Well, I have crossed that bridge. I know my status so before I even got a lady, I started buying some stuff like wrappers to keep. More so, my savings, family and friends rally round me and that was solved. Only a foolish lady will think of bride price as an issue here. Except if her family is poor, why should they demand too much?. 2 of my sisters that married had their bride price pegged at 5k each. The total money paid on the first was 25k and 50k for the 2nd. Mind you, they are currently running their masters programme so they ain’t illiterates. Let me stop here.

So the Wedding? How will I handle it? SIMPLE: I AM CUTTING MY COAT ACCORDING TO MY POCKET

Box: I went to the market and saw boxes of 100-200k. I was showed a set of 5 for 30k as well. I opted for a set of 5 at 60k. That’s my own level too. Mind you there were people picking that of 30k too. Different strokes for Different folks.

RECEPTION VENUE: Church Premises. My church got a lot of space so why should I spend 200-500k (that I don’t even have) renting a hall for a 2hr event? A guy who got married last month in my Church did not do reception at all. Again, Different strokes for Different folks.

Wedding Cards: Saw a nice foreign one. They said it will cost me 30k per 100. I needed 500. I was showed another that will cost 5k per 100. I Finally opted for the one of 10k per 100. Even got a 5k discount.

My suit? I opted for a 16k suit and my best man decided to pay for it.

My shoes? I got really nice shoes but coz it’s my day, I opted for new ones. I picked up a very nice one for 2k. It aint top notch quality but it should take me through the day. It can actually pass for a ck or d&g when viewed from a distance.

My Chairs and Canopies? My organizers are 20. Lol grin. They have paid 80% of the money.

Cake? My aunt who has a HND in catering bla bla and has been in it for almost 15yrs running has taken that as her contribution.

DJ and Camera man? My men in suit, (5 in number) have paid for that service. tongue

MC? A friend is good at it. That is his contribution.

Wedding Gown: My cake designer linked me to a lady who rents out. She thus charged us 10k for a nice wedding gown. I deposited 5k. Will pay 5k after the event.
Need I continue? I don’t think so.

The main thing – The marriage life
Yeah I know you are saying all I have said na wash. You are waiting for how reality will hit me after the marriage cos that’s the main deal. You gonna say you await my regret thread after some few months. Sorry, your expectation will be cut short.

Fees:
Now, my to-be wife will be registering for a new session by December. Her fees is just arnd 30k so I kept that amount and I have promised myself not to touch it until its time. I don’t even need to touch it. Everything appears almost set and done.

Clothing: I filled my wife’s box to the “brim” with both native and English wears. coolSo for now, cloths aint really an issue.

Accommodation: Here in KD, a 1 bedroom mini flat cost between 80-150k depending on the location. Am not talking of a 2 room flat cos, truly, I don’t need it now. But I am not even thinking of taking the mini flat either. A room and parlor (real face me I face u) cost between 18k-45k depending on the location. There are better ones; mostly new houses that cost 40-60k. I’ve gotten a very nice one for 55k. Just 2 tenants in the house and the other guy is single so we just gonna be sharing the toilet with him. It’s not that I can’t afford it but wisdom must direct me. I got 2plots of land already so I don’t even intend staying in that house beyond a year or 2.

My building: I already have 2 plots of land. I’ve struck an agreement with some guys who will supply me mud blocks at N20 each. At my estimate of 3000 blocks, that’s 60k grin. Havent paid but after my wedding, I will do it jejely. My plan is to rush the building and roof it b4 the rains come next year. I paid some guys in my area 7k so by next week, they are gonna go there and dig the foundation of a 2bedroom flat for me. Not that I am building now but I have to dig during the rainy season cos the land gets hard during the dry season. My intention is to use just ¼ of the land for that so that when I am blessed wella, I will use the remaining ¾ of the land to build my pent house. Need I tell you that by estimates, I need 6 bundles of those “aluminum” sheets to roof it? I bought 3 last year when it was 16k. I could not add cos it went up to 30k. I heard it’s 20k now but I can’t buy the remaining 3 now cos of my wedding preps. Will do that after my wedding when I have relaxed a bit.

Feeding?
A 50kg bag of rice takes me over 5 months now that I am alone. I believe in varieties so I got different things stocked in my room. Adding one or two extra plate should not make life difficult. I planted maize on my 2 plots. Once harvested, I won’t need to buy semovita all the time. If you have been to the north, you will know that with my harvest, Tuwo is served. Need I continue? I don’t think so. Let me not bore you further.

My support to extended Families
Someone asked in that thread that how do one take care of his families and inlaws. Well, my family aint rich but they can cater for themselves. My dad and mum earn and have only one child left in the university. Moreover, they are sensible enough to know that they should not expect from me. Rather, what is sensible is for them to support me if need be tongue. My fiancées’ parents aint rich either. But I know they aint so poor to demand me to take care of their own responsibility when they know I have their daughter to cater for. Of coz, once in a while, I will do what I can for our families.

Children
Just a child and I will pause until she is done with school. I know it’s gonna come with challenges but I don’t think you expect me to plan out every day of my life and budget for same here. I know that I will cross the bridge when I get there.

Other wants
I am a gadget freak. Before my wedding preps, I buy things impulsively. Now I know I have to control that. I know what lies ahead of me. That’s why I didn’t go for an iphone but went for a hot note. When the hot note packed up, I didn’t kill myself for a Samsung s7 even though I love it. I went for my sweet Ulefone Tiger @ 31k. When I went for a tab, I didn’t go for an ipad; not even a tecno pad. I went for imose xii tongue. Instead of ps3 console, I download games to my laptop and play them. That serves me.

I CAN TRULY GO ON AND ON BUT CALLING SOMEONE A FOOL AS MANY DID ON THAT THREAD YESTERDAY IS QUITE ILLOGICAL. My dad married at 24. My mum was 19 then. Both are now degree holders. Things have changed and that’s why I am marrying at 30. I don’t want to clock 50 and yet taking my first child to write Common Entrance. If you like say I am rushing.
Firstly, I love my fiancée die. 2ndly, I am a Christian and my bodily desires are building up strongly. Marriage is the way out. 3rdly, I love kids. Since they are an inheritance, I can’t wait to have one as God wills. Lastly, I wanna retire in peace. Not old man using my pension to train undergraduates and Jambites.
Finally, I am not complacent with where I am. I have handled a few millions before but this is where I am now. I wanna go for my phd and I hope to reestablish myself in business. But I can’t again let my social life suffer cos of where I am today. I have a job now; low paying as it is, I know if well managed, I will make it out. Even if I remain in the employ of the State Govt, I cant earn 35k forever. I am young and will keep moving on.

DISCLAIMER: grin This is not meant to force anyone to get married when he is not ready - Not at all. I just want some people to know that there are different strokes for different folks. There are too many factors that determine happiness and success in life and marriage. Your salary is just one. YOU CANT CALL ME A FOOL FOR MY DECISION. I HAVE CAREFULLY WEIGHED MY CIRCUMSTANCE AND PROSPECTS AND I FEEL I AM READY TO TAKE THE LEAP. I KNOW IT WONT BE A WALK IN THE PARK; BUT IT WONT BE TOO DIFFICULT EITHER.
FOR THE “FOOLS AT 40” WAITING FOR THEIR MILLIONS TO BUILD UP BEFORE SETTLING DOWN, TILL UNA COME.
FORGIVE ME FOR THE LONG EPISTLE.
HAD TO TAKE MY TIME SO THAT SOME PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE THAT NO TWO PEOPLE HAVE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES AND SITUATIONS.

I PROMISE TO RAISE ANOTHER THREAD ANNUALLY TO TELL YOU HOW FAR WE HAVE GONE. wink
Great analysis Bro... I love you strategies God will definitely help you because you have a well focused life. Kudos....
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by ImaIma1(f): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
princeeze1:

I already responded to how I get to work n back somewhere, nairaland is simply filled with pretenders forming what they are not on social platforms, I cannot come and bring down myself to make a point, FYI my first job post nysc was 10k per month in 2011, I still made a commitment to save 2k5 from it every month, my second job as a teacher, private school in asaba was 20k, I saved 7k monthly, and God is always faithful, again I live in d heart of the capital of delta state asaba, nobody should come with that its about the city crap, it only shows nativity, I drive a 2005 accord, I bought it when things were more rosy not direct toks but 9ja used buy n drive for 650k b4 dollar sky Rocketed. I can go on and on, but no need, I have passed my msg to those who have brains and not indomie.

I understand your point brainy man. Try to respond without insults or did i insult you.
My misunderstanding is where you get money for daily expenses if you give your wife 50k and you save 15k. I know for an average of 30 days in a month, you cannot say you won't spend a kobo. It doesn't add up.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by ikemesit4477: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
HardMirror:
abeg ignore the mumu girl.
real mumu!
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Rtopzy(f): 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
donpata:
I was moved to write this epistle cos of the fp topic of marrying someone who earns 35k yesterday. I have seen such questions on NL but I normally ignore them. Someone even asked if a lady can marry someone who earns 100k embarassed. I normally laugh at the comments and move on. I laughed at the sheer ignorance of many commenters, and the foolish statements many made. I decided to assume that 70% of the people who commented are either undergraduates still studying who have a big Disney picture of the sweet employment awaiting them or some who have not really known what is out there in the world. The remaining 20% earn well probably and so feel life should be like that for everyone. The remaining 10% commenters are those who really see life as it is in reality – DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. Now am gonna be objective and subjective at the same time. And let me warn you – IT’S LONG tongue

Me? 30yrs, had my BSc in the north but did my MSc at UI. Hoping to register for Phd by next year.
My fiancée? 24ys old and currently awaiting 300 lv registration. Will be done by 2019.

Fact: without any serious research, I think I am save to say that at least 50% of families (basically father and mother) in Nigeria earn a combined income of less than 40k in a month.
Fact: The federal govt claims it has about 100k civil servants. Add paramilitary and military with about 500k personnel and public office holders, I think 800k people in active service on FG’s payroll is a fair judgment. For the sake of argument, let’s assume fg has another 800k retired personnel on pension. That’s like 1.6 million people. Nigeria has a population of 180million people. The WB estimate Nigeria has a workforce of about 60 million in 2016. If we delete the 1.6million on FGs payroll, we still have about 58.4million people left. Obviously, the remaining are left for the State and Local govt as well as private sector to employ. How many are employed?
Lagos state claims it has about 100,000 workers in its payroll. Let me be liberal enough to use it as a benchmark for all Nigerian states and fct. 100k by 37 = 3.7million employees.
Obviously, we still have over 50million people to employ. How many will the Real private sector pick? Yeah those that will pay a graduate from 60k above – how many can they pick? Now many will have to be entrepreneurs, “self-employed” people, petty traders, artisans etc. How much can they really earn monthly?

Fact: 80% of state and LGA workers between level 1 and 10 earn less than 50k in a month. Apart from states like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and a few others, most states, especially in the North, pay quite low. On level 8, with Kad Govt, I earn 35-37k. It fluctuates monthly. Note that there are married people with at least 3 children that are on lev 1 - 6. Do the maths.

Wedding:
Many asked how one will pay bride price. Well, I have crossed that bridge. I know my status so before I even got a lady, I started buying some stuff like wrappers to keep. More so, my savings, family and friends rally round me and that was solved. Only a foolish lady will think of bride price as an issue here. Except if her family is poor, why should they demand too much?. 2 of my sisters that married had their bride price pegged at 5k each. The total money paid on the first was 25k and 50k for the 2nd. Mind you, they are currently running their masters programme so they ain’t illiterates. Let me stop here.

So the Wedding? How will I handle it? SIMPLE: I AM CUTTING MY COAT ACCORDING TO MY POCKET

Box: I went to the market and saw boxes of 100-200k. I was showed a set of 5 for 30k as well. I opted for a set of 5 at 60k. That’s my own level too. Mind you there were people picking that of 30k too. Different strokes for Different folks.

RECEPTION VENUE: Church Premises. My church got a lot of space so why should I spend 200-500k (that I don’t even have) renting a hall for a 2hr event? A guy who got married last month in my Church did not do reception at all. Again, Different strokes for Different folks.

Wedding Cards: Saw a nice foreign one. They said it will cost me 30k per 100. I needed 500. I was showed another that will cost 5k per 100. I Finally opted for the one of 10k per 100. Even got a 5k discount.

My shoes? I got really nice shoes but coz it’s my day, I opted for new ones. I picked up a very nice one for 2k. It aint top notch quality but it should take me through the day. It can actually pass for a ck or d&g when viewed from a distance.

My Chairs and Canopies? My organizers are 20. Lol grin. They have paid 80% of the money.

Cake? My aunt who has a HND in catering bla bla and has been in it for almost 15yrs running has taken that as her contribution.

DJ and Camera man? My men in suit, (5 in number) have paid for that service. tongue

Wedding Gown: My cake designer linked me to a lady who rents out. She thus charged us 10k for a nice wedding gown. I deposited 5k. Will pay 5k after the event.

Yeah I know you are saying all I have said na wash. You are waiting for how reality will hit me after the marriage cos that’s the main deal. You gonna say you await my regret thread after some few months. Sorry, your expectation will be cut short.

Fees:
Now, my to-be wife will be registering for a new session by December. Her fees is just arnd 30k so I kept that amount and I have promised myself not to touch it until its time. I don’t even need to touch it. Everything appears almost set and done.

Clothing: I filled my wife’s box to the “brim” with both native and English wears. coolSo for now, cloths aint really an issue.

Accommodation: Here in KD, a 1 bedroom mini flat cost between 80-150k depending on the location. Am not talking of a 2 room flat cos, truly, I don’t need it now. But I am not even thinking of taking the mini flat either. A room and parlor (real face me I face u) cost between 18k-45k depending on the location. There are better ones; mostly new houses that cost 40-60k. I’ve gotten a very nice one for 55k. Just 2 tenants in the house and the other guy is single so we just gonna be sharing the toilet with him. It’s not that I can’t afford it but wisdom must direct me. I got 2plots of land already so I don’t even intend staying in that house beyond a year or 2.

My building: I already have 2 plots of land. I’ve struck an agreement with some guys who will supply me mud blocks at N20 each. At my estimate of 3000 blocks, that’s 60k grin. Havent paid but after my wedding, I will do it jejely. My plan is to rush the building and roof it b4 the rains come next year. I paid some guys in my area 7k so by next week, they are gonna go there and dig the foundation of a 2bedroom flat for me. Not that I am building now but I have to dig during the rainy season cos the land gets hard during the dry season. My intention is to use just ¼ of the land for that so that when I am blessed wella, I will use the remaining ¾ of the land to build my pent house. Need I tell you that by estimates, I need 6 bundles of those “aluminum” sheets to roof it? I bought 3 last year when it was 16k. I could not add cos it went up to 30k. I heard it’s 20k now but I can’t buy the remaining 3 now cos of my wedding preps. Will do that after my wedding when I have relaxed a bit.

Feeding?
A 50kg bag of rice takes me over 5 months now that I am alone. I believe in varieties so I got different things stocked in my room. Adding one or two extra plate should not make life difficult. I planted maize on my 2 plots. Once harvested, I won’t need to buy semovita all the time. If you have been to the north, you will know that with my harvest, Tuwo is served. Need I continue? I don’t think so. Let me not bore you further.

Someone asked in that thread that how do one take care of his families and inlaws. Well, my family aint rich but they can cater for themselves. My dad and mum earn and have only one child left in the university. Moreover, they are sensible enough to know that they should not expect from me. Rather, what is sensible is for them to support me if need be tongue. My fiancées’ parents aint rich either. But I know they aint so poor to demand me to take care of their own responsibility when they know I have their daughter to cater for. Of coz, once in a while, I will do what I can for our families.

Children
Just a child and I will pause until she is done with school. I know it’s gonna come with challenges but I don’t think you expect me to plan out every day of my life and budget for same here. I know that I will cross the bridge when I get there.

Other wants
I am a gadget freak. Before my wedding preps, I buy things impulsively. Now I know I have to control that. I know what lies ahead of me. That’s why I didn’t go for an iphone but went for a hot note. When the hot note packed up, I didn’t kill myself for a Samsung s7 even though I love it. I went for my sweet Ulefone Tiger @ 31k. When I went for a tab, I didn’t go for an ipad; not even a tecno pad. I went for imose xii tongue. Instead of ps3 console, I download games to my laptop and play them. That serves me.

I CAN TRULY GO ON AND ON BUT CALLING SOMEONE A FOOL AS MANY DID ON THAT THREAD YESTERDAY IS QUITE ILLOGICAL. My dad married at 24. My mum was 19 then. Both are now degree holders. Things have changed and that’s why I am marrying at 30. I don’t want to clock 50 and yet taking my first child to write Common Entrance. If you like say I am rushing.
Firstly, I love my fiancée die. 2ndly, I am a Christian and my bodily desires are building up strongly. Marriage is the way out. 3rdly, I love kids. Since they are an inheritance, I can’t wait to have one as God wills. Lastly, I wanna retire in peace. Not old man using my pension to train undergraduates and Jambites.
Finally, I am not complacent with where I am. I have handled a few millions before but this is where I am now. I wanna go for my phd and I hope to reestablish myself in business. But I can’t again let my social life suffer cos of where I am today. I have a job now; low paying as it is, I know if well managed, I will make it out. Even if I remain in the employ of the State Govt, I cant earn 35k forever. I am young and will keep moving on.

DISCLAIMER: grin This is not meant to force anyone to get married when he is not ready - Not at all. I just want some people to know that there are different strokes for different folks. There are too many factors that determine happiness and success in life and marriage. Your salary is just one. YOU CANT CALL ME A FOOL FOR MY DECISION. I HAVE CAREFULLY WEIGHED MY CIRCUMSTANCE AND PROSPECTS AND I FEEL I AM READY TO TAKE THE LEAP. I KNOW IT WONT BE A WALK IN THE PARK; BUT IT WONT BE TOO DIFFICULT EITHER.
FOR THE “FOOLS AT 40” WAITING FOR THEIR MILLIONS TO BUILD UP BEFORE SETTLING DOWN, TILL UNA COME.
HAD TO TAKE MY TIME SO THAT SOME PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE THAT NO TWO PEOPLE HAVE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES AND SITUATIONS.

I PROMISE TO RAISE ANOTHER THREAD ANNUALLY TO TELL YOU HOW FAR WE HAVE GONE. wink
Where you dey for Kaduna? I will love to attend ur wedding.

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by veraiyke(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thix
Is
So.
Nice. May
God
Continue to
Provide
For
U
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Valobit(f): 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2017
WetinConsignMe:
Op, I know someone (could be me) who pays his wife 200k a monrh and she still complains. I'll tell him to show your write-up to her. Thanks.

this may sound harsh, but that woman is an ingrate

person wey get head no get cap. the person wey come get cap no get head.

this life is really unfair

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by jejemanito: 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
Marcelo290:
5 Things I deduce from your write up

1. You are intelligent and smart, intelligent people go far in life.

2.You refuse to be moved nor follow the crowd, you are my type of person and I admire you for that.

3. You refused to be moved by negativity, stay positive, I commend you for that, keep being optimistic.

4. You got your life well planed, an unexamined life actually is not worth living, kudos!

5. You have future goals and ambitions, that's a good one.

But also, if your fiance isn't an understanding person, you would have problems and everything you stated there won't work out.

I respect intelligent people, all the best Sire.

EOD

I will rather take a bullet to my balls than attempt the OP's route.

But from his write-up and his thought process, I knew he WILL succeed.

This thread's title may be screaming 35k! 35k! buh honestly, a wise person will know that donpat is worth much much more.

"Prospects" people!

Prospects!

2 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Priest69(m): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
donpata:

Wedding:

Fees:

Feeding?

Children

Other wants

Very inspiring, kudos to your planning as most people don't do that. One advice I'd chip in is; you and your wife to be should lead a healthy lifestyle. HML in advance.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Valobit(f): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
tonididdy:
@OP ;if i was your father-in-law to be and i read this before the marriage....i would not allow my daughter anywhere near you anymore

in fact if the FIL sees this, he will be even more encouraged to give out his daughter.
mind you the northerners are very simple people. during service year around 2010, a corper survived on 2k monthly.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Valobit(f): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
vizkiz:

Shallow mentality.

You seem like a liability though.

i concur
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Valobit(f): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
Coolgent:

Bro, I salute your courage!
My salary as of today Tuesday 05-09-2017 is 35k
* am married with one kid
* we are living in two bedroom flat
* am driving 2005 accord
* am currently building 3 bedrooms flat
* am taking care of my elderly parents
* I got married on 16-08-2015
* i personally sponsore my wife from UG2 to 4
* my standard of living has really improved from the Sept 2015 to date, cos i hustle more knowing i have dependants.
* the funds i used to spent on slay queens recklessly can now be put to other productive things grin

All i can say is dont depend on your salary alone the poorest people are salary earners no one among the world Millionaires/Billionaires is salary earner.
Hustle, Hustle & Hustle legitimately.

NB i can help u with some tips on how to manage your home economically & efficiently

i am interested

2 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Timblaze(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
i feel ur post!!
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by tonididdy(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
Valobit:

in fact if the FIL sees this, he will be even more encouraged to give out his daughter.
mind you the northerners are very simple people. during service year around 2010, a corper survived on 2k monthly.
oh I have never been there but the few i know are damn too content. good tho, good

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Aquariann: 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Don't join in with it own Epistle, just explain this :

pls explain how he will fund 2 cheap meals a day, monthly transport n monthly house rent for 2 of them with 35k.

Let's start with you telling us where you live.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by tonididdy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
Painting POVERTY SO RICHLY

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Valobit(f): 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
DEBJOCH1:
I AM FORCED TO COMMENT HERE, OP BRAVO FOR THAT, I HARDLY READ ON PEOPLES ON SUCH TOPIC LIKE THAT, BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MOST COMMENT HERE WILL COME FROM THOSE WHO ARE STILL BEING FED BY THEIR PARENTS. I WORK HERE IN THE HEART OF LAGOS, SURULERE, I EARN ABOUT 60K A MONTH, SOME WILL SAY THAT'S THEIR POCKED MONEY FOR WEEKEND, BUT TO THE GLORY OF GOD, I AM MARRIED TO A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN BLESSED WITH 2 WONDERFUL KIDS, LIVE IN A VERY DECENT 3 BEDROOM APARTMENT, MIND YOUR WIFE IS HER 400 LEVEL IN UNIVERSITY, MIND YOU ALL THESE WHERE ACHIEVED WITH N60K SALARY, AND GOD IN HIS MERCY IS DAILY BLESSING AND INCREASING US, SOME OF MY FRIENDS AS I TYPE ARE STILL SINGLE WAITING UNTIL THEY GET N200K JOB.

how do you do it? there must be a way out. school fees no be beans, health care.
i want to know how you do it
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Emperorking20(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
donpata:

Wedding:

Fees:

Feeding?

Children

Other wants

NOW THIS IS MY OPINION. ITS FORMED BASED OFF MY COLLECTIVE EXPERIENCE IN LIFE.

But if I had a kid, a brother or friend i will advise him about the mentality of the op. Relax! Now people can survive in Nigeria with that amount, especially in the North, with careful and intricate planning and self discipline. However, in my opinion, several variables will be in place. Now I will not presume to know all the variables but this is the little I will offer.
First, one has to consider income stream, asset - - - - then liability.
Now assuming liability is greater than the income or expected income as is usually the case in Nigeria, debt will arise. Now more debt creates more liability. And this creates a cycle of paying off debt with income. Thinking of borrowing as collecting money from your future self. When you spend more than what you normally get, it creates a vacuum, there comes a time in the future when you have to spend less than you normally get. Imagine you borrow 10k, just have it at the back of your mind that at some point you're going to have to spend only 25k out of your 35k. It may be postponed but you never escape it except in where the debt is funded by another entity entirely or the unusual case of the debt being forfeited. Now this whole scenario can be combats by simply doing one of two things or the both.
1. Reduce liabilities significantly to make sure income exceeds it.
2. Increase income by creating multiple streams of income.
After that, you'll try to keep the balance.
I get ALL you're trying to say. ALL OF IT. But believe me when I tell you that theory is different from practical. Yiu have it all figured out but in reality it is much more complex than you see it. That is life! A plan like yours is simply a framework to organize your your life and finances around. The MISTAKE you are making is to simply depend on it, BROS IT SHOULDN'T BE LIMITED AND CONFINED TO THE PLAN!!
Bros life will shock you! Pray all you want but eventualities will arise, little and minor issues will come up that will tackle your 35k like it's a rugby match. Now you have 35k chilling for her school fees. Are you saying it's 100% Absolutely impossible for something to happen that will make you remove 1k from it that will make it 34k. If you honestly can't guarantee a 100% then trust me a need might arise that will make you go borrow another 35k add to your 35k and spend it all. I can think of alot of it but I will not proceed to list.
And Bros! Sorry to say! You're being a simpleton, well a Nigerian by simply thinking life is just about marrying, building a house, getting kids. When in truth it could be so much more.
Bros with the way I see it you've already given up the fight to be truly rich. Living a meager life of making money and spending and saving a penny if you even can.
Life could be so much more, it'll be difficult but it could be so much more.
I won't even elaborate on this, you should understand what I'm saying. Well people will. But the way you've planned it yiure setting up yourself for well. The average Nigerian life. Well it's a good life I'm sure. But if that's what you really want then have at it.

MAIN POINT : YOU ARE BASICALLY LEAVING YOUR HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS OF YOUR LIFE NOT JUST MARRIAGE TO FATE AND THE ECONOMY. ALL UNSTABLE VARIABLES. THINGS CHANGE AND THAT IS WHAT I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND. SO THINK CAREFULLY. THINK. COS THE WAY I SEE IT. YOU'RE IN FOR MANY SURPRISES. AND I'M NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE WAY YOUR TO BE WIFE OR PEOPLE MAY FEEL. IT'S SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. IF IT COMES, IT WILL BE BIGGER THAN ANY OF YOU cheesy

The later part of my epistle is more of a plea, a rant. The earlier part is reason. By all means bash me, don't listen to me, listen to me. I don't care. But trust me, you'll remember someday, and said I told you so. And I sincerely hope it's because I opened your eyes to a few good things and you're better of for it. smiley
But then again, it's all my opinion, it's not fact, just an opinion.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Emperorking20(m): 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
vladimiros:
anybody praising this OP is just as foolish as the op
n

30k salary and he wants to get married .

op let me make u feel bad.

I am 23 and last month I made over 800k, what do I do? agro trading..simple

I started with 50k. I currently have 3 employees..

and the 800k even small sef.

op u better fing money or else..

I have warned you

Applause! Thumbs up.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Blonchilli(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
donpata may you live long! Life is planning not get millions to throw around. That's the sad reality of Nigerians today, Waste!!! I keep saying was Obama earning millions or was he a senator when Michelle married him? His first campaign it was like he was begging, read 'The Audacity of Hope'. No! No!! Our slay mama will be looking for that rich funky dude that will give them swollen eyes.
Lalasticlala, Seun keep this one in check o! He must update us September 7 2018 and onwards. God bless your ancestors
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Blonchilli(m): 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
jejemanito:
EOD

I will rather take a bullet to my balls than attempt the OP's route.

But from his write-up and his thought process, I knew he WILL succeed.

This thread's title may be screaming 35k! 35k! buh honestly, a wise person will know that donpat is worth much much more.

"Prospects" people!

Prospects!
Exactly! He even owns a land. Some people earning millions don't even have one. I notice the Op seems to be a great planner and probably in the past has other investment, note he said he handled huge some of money

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Emperorking20(m): 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
Oyindidi:
You don't need 2 bedroom flat for a start. One bedroom is okay. 70k is more than enough to start a family.
This is sad. sad
I feel a profoundly sadness. These are the simple and micro causes of the larger problem that has encompassed Nigeria. Sadly our youths like the lady above no even wan hear. Smh!
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by ksuccess(m): 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
Wow! This is a well written piece and I really commend the OP for this inspiring write up. Indeed, the issue of marriage ceremony as it were is not a thing of being in competition with anyone and should not be viewed in that light. I believe and share in the OP's opinion that careful planning is what makes one ready for marital life. Just plan with God and you are good to go as long you know your strength and take one step at a time
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by jaxxy(m): 7:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
Rorachy:
As in eh, I can't even imagine a life with someone on 35k salary, he wants to subject the poor girl to a life of penury.

U 4got smtn hes not stagnant hes developing himself and growing by next year he may have a far better job and a landlord. He has good management skills also. Look beyond the now and project. However the child thing is a no More yet wen the gal is still in skol.
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Happyfellow147: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2017
Life is easier in the north.
From your write-up, food and housing is very cheap. Good luck to you but please don't try this in the elsewhere
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by pedi(m): 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
donpata:

Wedding:

Fees:

Feeding?

Children

Other wants

bro I raise hand for you twalli baba,am also think of such,am 25 my fiance 24 will be getting married by 2019/ 2020,_I currently got a job with and NGO buy yet to know the pay,but am sure to earn about 50k a month from now to 2020 I should save enough for my weeding and from the little bit coin business am doing ,and support from my friend in US,I hope to get thing done, but some 1 said am too young to get married that why am I in a rush_but am 25,thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Nobleking2000(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
vladimiros:

op is a madman, I fvcking mad man

I have warned you

What type of business is that?
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
vladimiros:

op is a madman, I fvcking mad man

I have warned you
pls what is agrotrading?
Re: I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. by Oyindidi(f): 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
Emperorking20:

This is sad. sad
I feel a profoundly sadness. These are the simple and micro causes of the larger problem that has encompassed Nigeria. Sadly our youths like the lady above no even wan hear. Smh!
I no understand you oga

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? / Lady Praises Her Husband's Manhood For Being Faithful For 18 Years (Photo,Video) / Ladies, Can You Date A Man That Is Shorter Than You?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 240
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.