Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre (40731 Views)

Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son / I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret / Biafra:what Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Getting Right- Philip Effiong [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
akulaxx:

it is geopolitical zones not regions

the regions are north, west, mid-west and east

and were is south??...their are 4 directions in geografie....north,east,south and west...

north is hausas fulanis and many others.....east is igbo and sub-groups....south is the delta and many none igboid tribes,west is yoruba and sub-groups.....

simple....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by akulaxx: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
tsdarkside:

simple and clear...

if the ipobians like make dem listen or we shall meet on the battlefields to deceid wheather the delta is part of biafra or not....

afonja
dreamer
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by akulaxx: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
nairanaira12:

The truth here is that you supported Ojukwu (a man from the igbo tribe) and neglected effiong (a man from the Niger delta) . How do you deal with this truth that you can never change?

but ojukwu and effiong were together and ojukwu handed over to effiong who forced him to leave

cant you see you are talking nonsense afonja afonja

trying to divide brothers

all hail biafra
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by ABDUS419: 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
Goddygee:
I am an Akwa ibomite and am strongly against Biafra rather I would prefer each region should be separated and allowed to manage its resources, this federal system has done more harm than good, I will also advice other ethnic groups in the niger delta not to join in the quest for Biafra because when Biafra is achieved other minor ethnic groups will also be marginalized, I would prefer that Biafra be given to the Igbo's only, my two cents

People like Nnamdi Kanu and Asari Dokubo are proposing that Biafra becomes a confederation which I believe it should be. Igbos get their Region, Ijaw/Ogoni gets its own Region, Efik/Ibibio get their own Region. Every Region controls 100% of its resources and pays an agreed percentage to the center, nobody will be able to marginalise anybody. It wont even matter who the ruling class are.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2017
akulaxx:

afonja
dreamer

we deltans are not going to joke with you.....kwantinu your online blabla...but at the end you will still have to deal with deltans like me face to face....forget biafra...online propaganda will not work.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
igbo deltans have no right to lump the ol delta into biafra maps.....because you speak igbo and deltan too doesnt mean i have to listen to you....

i dont speak igbo!!!!!!....thats is a problem adding none igbo speaking tribes into biafra...thats is a hugh problem...

forget dokubo...he is a criminal....fat pig....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Elliot2(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ekinematics:

Gerarahere iboman. Go form your biafra in your landlocked erosion ravaged barren SE. We don't need no Biafra in the SS.
you will have to move ur compound to the north,if it pains you to see south align with biafra.
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
Elliot2:
you will have to move ur compound to the north,if it pains you to see south align with biafra.

and who is south??..the delta is south not you...you are east....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by nairanaira12: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
akulaxx:

but ojukwu and effiong were together and ojukwu handed over to effiong who forced him to leave

cant you see you are talking nonsense afonja afonja

trying to divide brothers

all hail biafra

You are talking like an idiot. Ojukwu handed over to him; and so what?

And when the time of compensation came, why didn't Ojukwu remember him?

Compare your comment with the topic of discuss and you will agree that you have no point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Elliot2(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
Goddygee:
I am an Akwa ibomite and am strongly against Biafra rather I would prefer each region should be separated and allowed to manage its resources, this federal system has done more harm than good, I will also advice other ethnic groups in the niger delta not to join in the quest for Biafra because when Biafra is achieved other minor ethnic groups will also be marginalized, I would prefer that Biafra be given to the Igbo's only, my two cents
people like ur kinds r not needed in biafra,were u will go about shouting ''our oil o'',instead of working with your brain to make impacts. what is needed in biafra is human capital!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
nairanaira12:

You are talking like an idiot. Ojukwu handed over to him; and so what?

And when the time of compensation came, why didn't Ojukwu remember him?

Compare your comment with the topic of discuss and you will agree that you have no point.

they never make sense...they only blabla what they heared in radio biafra.....

what they dont know is,not every nigerian listens to radio biafra....they always forget that fact....

for example:
they got the word zoo from radio biafra...i dont think any igbo will ever dare to call were they were born a zoo no matter how messed up nigeria may be.........i dont think sooo....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Elliot2(m): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
ernieboy:

should Biafra succeed it will be made up only the Igbo's. no other right thinking ethnic nationality will want to be a in ion dominated by igbos.
should biafra comes,it will be made up of free people with a mind of their own!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by deji17: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Another unity beggars association of Nigeria powered article just to cause division.
Effiong was granted amnesty wen he surrendered to the Nigerian government. He didn't die as a rebel.
eDiots.

But Ojukwu and the Igbos should have insist that Effiong be given the same treatment as Ojukwu now? The truth is that the Igbos did not see Effiong or the minority as equal partners in the Biafla project. That is called Selfishness.
What stops Ojukwu and the Igbo from saying, well, we led the struggle and before any compensation to Ojukwu or the Igbo, the minority group in Biafra led by Effiong should first collect their pension and gratuity in the Nigerian army before Ojukwu.

Not surprised at all. If you have to eat with the devil, you need a long spoon. That is the lesson that the minorities have been taught. It does not matter whether you keep living in denial till you die, the whole world knows the truth. The whole world know the rebel that abandoned the minorities that he led into war, only to come back and receive crumbs from the FG. Zero honour. Just pure shame.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
Elliot2:

you cant have biafra on nigerian soil..thats a pipe dream...surely not without a war!!!....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
we will end like syria if we kwantinu like this...

is this what you want for your children and women.....the most vunerables?...

you,biafrans should ask una selfs that question.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
madridguy:
Only a foolish fly follows a corpse into the grave.

Gen. Effiong signed the instrument of surrender but when the Igbo were talking of payment of gratuity and pension, they only presented Gen. Ojukwu and refused to mention Gen. Effiong.

I'm sure Gen. Effiong will be bitten his fingers in regret now inside grave tongue

I hope they won't pay you for this post too. If they will, use the money to improve your tense. a. bite b. bit c. bitten d. biting...... chose wisely and correct your post.
You can thank me later.
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Yuji: 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
tsdarkside:

what do you mean with these minorities??..are you trying to talk down on us??...we are deltans not these minorities...!!!.... angry

shey una dey see their mindset....
Its isn't the Igbos who asked to be made one of the three major tribes. Its just hard fact! Even the British knew it. Google knows it.
You are so funny. Please are you Anioma or ughelli or urhobo or itshekiri or igala? Even the deltans have been fighting amongst themselves the same way ogoni and some other tribes in Rivers State fight every time. All because of this same oil. Una no dey tire?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
mykl01:

I hope they won't pay you for this post too. If they will, use the money to improve your tense. a. bite b. bit c. bitten d. biting...... chose wisely and correct your post.
You can thank me later.

you have a duty as a man to protect the weak......its natural order......better reject biafra project on nigerian soil and protect the weak...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yuji:

You are so funny. Please are you Anioma or ughelli or urhobo or itshekiri or igala? Even the deltans have been fighting amongst themselves the same way ogoni and some other tribes in Rivers State fight every time. All because of this same oil. Una no dey tire?

am mostly not in umukoko to care sef....i only go when to asset my cornfarm to eat corn and crickets...

am mostly in lagos...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Elliot2(m): 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
nengibo:

Any ss person willing to join biafra will be given free bus or boat to go, as for our Niger delta territory no inch will be in their map
i will go with biafra,any day any time.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by ernieboy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
Elliot2:
Elliot2:
why would anyone want to be in a nation whose very name is derived from one of its constituent ethnic groups as If the others are just appendages. Biafra is a name coined by the Igbo's for the nation they aspire to build, they are only including the ss because of the resources of he ss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Yuji: 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
tsdarkside:

am mostly not in umukoko to care sef....i only go when to asset my cornfarm to eat corn and crickets...

am mostly in lagos...
What is Umukoko? I don't get?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
Elliot2:

i hope you know what that means,because am not becoming biafran...forget it...

been nigerian is already crazy enough..
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Elliot2(m): 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
tsdarkside:

simple and clear...

if the ipobians like make dem listen or we shall meet on the battlefields to deceid wheather the delta is part of biafra or not....

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
tsdarkside:

you have a duty as a man to protect the weak......its natural order......better reject biafra project on nigerian soil and protect the weak...

I take that as a thank you note for your friend undecided.
Au revoir grin
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
Elliot2:

do you speak igbo...??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Yuji: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
ernieboy:

why would anyone want to be in a nation whose very name is derived from one of its constituent ethnic groups as If the others are just appendages. Biafra is a name coined by the Igbo's for the nation they aspire to build, they are only including the ss because of the resources of he ss.
If it were so,why did Gen Effiong and others still fight for Biafra? Or are you wiser than them? Please grow up and stop reasoning through your anus.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by Yuji: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
tsdarkside:

do you speak igbo...??
He doesn't have to speak Igbo to be a Biafran. Gen. Effiong didn't speak Igbo too,stop being a tribal bigot.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yuji:

What is Umukoko? I don't get?

kikikikikikiki.... grin grin

soooo,you dont know me,but you want me to join biafra.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by tsdarkside(m): 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yuji:

He doesn't have to speak Igbo to be a Biafran. Gen. Effiong didn't speak Igbo too,stop being a tribal bigot.

mbanu,abegi dont come with that rubbish to the darkside....we all know how arrogant igbos are speaking igbo while other none igbos are around...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre by attackgat: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2017

Can you mention anyone in modern history who got a country based on ethnic configuration? quit comparing a country with a town union.

Japan. It is still about 98% homogenous.

This is the reason we insist that kanu is a lunatic, not because he is running Unclad on the streets of Umuahia but because he is completely detached from reality, in the real world, there is nothing like "resource control", so their proposal is dead on arrival, designed to deceive individuals who have no grasp how resources are converted to money, like you said, resources will not be paid to the government at the center but its proceeds thereof. meaning that along the food chain, someone will make the investment that will convert resources to money, you are sure not gonna go near those owned by the fG else you have a Sudan on your hands, so who makes the investments in that obnoxious arrangement of yours? while at it, ensure you state the capability of such person or group. Will the Niger delta people make the investments or the biafran nation?

There is something called resource control and your British invented colonial contraption of a country called Nigeria is currently practicing it by putting Oil and Gas in the 'exclusive list' thus giving the federal government to control of the use, management, development and distrubution of resources arising from crude Oil. In Biafra, the government will have no business in operating of mineral resources except as a regulatory body. It will be up to the Regions to find the investment and techical know how needed to develop the minerals on their lands and pay the centre the agreed percentage from the royalties that accrue from such.

Another disastrous part of that proposal is that once the units are confederated, igbos will definitely dominate at the federal level as a result of their population, huge population will have socio economic and political consequences, let us use a popular confederation for example, have you bothered to ask why the state of California (unit of confederated united states) gets 5 times federal allocation more than Wyoming a fellow confederating entity? have you bothered to find out why the state of California produces 53 house of reps members while Wyoming produce just 1? America practise indirect democracy where electoral college elect the presidency, are you aware that California has 55 electoral college votes while Wyoming has just 3? what it means is that minorities are hugely marginalized in a confederated democracy, 

All confederations have a weak centre. The confederating Regions are more powerful than the center. So even if one ethnic group managed to gain control of the center, it would not impact greately since the Regions are largely autonomous.

Kanu knows that most of you don't know this so he is throwing the bait to niger delta, if there is any truth in your proposal, a confederated biafran police, army, immigration, senate, house of reps, civil service will be igbo dominated, how is it different from what Niger delta is suffering in Nigeria?

If the minorities think that Igbos will use their huge numerical advantage to emasculate them, they should look at the current deal they have in Nigeria where they have no voice. If I was a minority, would it be better to have 3 majorities emasculating me or just one?

If this proposal of kanu and Asari is put to use in biafra, in 10yrs time, most of the federal taxes paid by Niger deltans will be used to develop Igbo land, isn't that the same marginalization?

Kanu as an Igbo man is proposing that because he knows that most of you don't know how confederation works, confederates benefit from the federation on a scale of population only?? once you are not the majority in a confederation, you are finished, that is the part Kanu is not telling the Niger delta. Any niger deltan supporting biafra is a f00l!!

This just a stupid statement by someone who wants to to keep the failed state of Nigeria together

This is not a statement of fact but a baseless misinterpretation of historical facts, Aguiyi Ironsi enacted decree 34 that dissolved the regions, he was still working on the state creation before he was assassinated, Gowon merely continued from where Aguiyi stopped, if Aguiyi was alive, he would have done exactly what Gowon did.

Any talk about what Ironsi would have done is just speculation. We can only go by what he did and we know he created no states. Which means that whatever he did, Gowon did far much worse by creating states.

The sharing formula you gave above of the region is a baseless hogwash, I told you abinitio that nobody has ever controlled resources anywhere in the world, what you control is investments, the Eastern region made no investments in any of the flourishing sectors hence they did not receive a kobo, from the ogbete drift mine in Enugu, to the railway corporation, to the shipping line, to the ports authority were all british investments, after independence, Nigeria was splitting proceeds with Britain pending when the investment cost was paid off, that happened in 1975. Niger delta saw their first kobo during the Obj administration with the offshore-onshore dichotomy and 13% derivative. Also OBJ gave them 3% of all nigerian revenue, oil and non oil spent through an agency called NDDC.
You guys are making your bogos claims unattractive with cheap

By resource control, the regions negotiate the investment that comes into its domain, taxed the profits that accrued and gave the center an agreed percentage of this tax.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Signpost Destroyed In Owerri (Photos) / Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends / Peter Obi's Convoy Attacked In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.