Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,195 members, 7,864,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:57 AM

The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism (846 Views)

Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) / Top 20 Misconceptions About Feminism / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2017
Feminism is an interesting fact which so many people have misunderstood and some people didnt take their time to realy understand it.....

. . 1 .FEMINISM simply means belief in the equality of sexes.

Chiamanda Adichie gave quite the perfect definition in her iconic TED TALK titled "We Should All Be Feminists ".....
Feminist is a person who believes in the social, political .economic equality of the sexes... - Chiamanda Adichie.

Equality is a straightforward term to understand and believe in,. If you believe in equal opportunity for all people , surprise you probably are a feminist and you didnt even know it....

. 2. FEMINIST dont hate men.. People who hate men are called Misandrists, not feminist....feminism is about being given the same options and opportunities that men and women are given....Funfact, alot of men are feminists..so do male feminist hate men?? ...

. 3. FEMINISM is not just for Women.... Feminism is all inclusive and not just for women.. Any person of any gender . Colour, religion, shape, size . Etc, can be a feminist....

. 4. FEMINISM HELP MEN ALSO.... Men are held to so many unfair standard in society... They are expected to be tough and manly, supress their emotions at all terms...feminists fights against patriarchy and helps men to fully express themselves .. Feminism is all about fighting for women to be seen as strong as men are perceived and the ability for men to be vulnerable as women are perceived.....

. 5. FEMINISM is still very necessary in today's world..... Alot of people claim that feminism is not necessary anymore because women are not allowed to vote and work the same jobs as men.... However women are still treated as less all over the world .In africa, some girls have little or no access to education and child marriage is prevalent. Lets not forget that sometimes women are paid less for doing the same job men do...

. So many people dont realy understand the meaning of feminism thus the hate...some girls who realy didnt get the concept has used the term as a medium to hate men or feel like women should be ontop men.. Wel this is wrong...feminism is a good concept, its different from misandrist. Its all about equality in males and females.....

..Are u against gender discrimination and believe that all genders should be treated equally.?? Guess what, you are a feminist..
. We should all be FEMINIST and shun gender inequality.. For the bettering of our lifes, our children. Country and continent.........peace....

2 Likes

Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by 2SWT(f): 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
grin
Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by lifedynamics: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
That no.5 is the biggest load of crap ever invented since the "biography " of king Arthur...

LMAO... If were a business man and I paid women less... I would only hire women na grin...nonsense

No. 1 Is crap too... It should be called "equality" not "feminism"...men have rights too

No. 2 Sadly... Many of you do hate men... And it's more common among younger women... Older women are too busy enjoying their husbands and kids undecided

No. 3 Whatever grin

No. 4 I believe this is very true... I agree with you Op... But it's impossible... Men have been conditioned like this since the time of Caesar

No. 5 Again grin...it's funny how there are more feminists in relatively liberal areas e.g. the US Of A, Germany, even Nigeria
Y'all vote, work, divorce, get paid, have sex, have friends, go out and drink, ask guys out etc and claim you're not free and need feminism grin grin

The areas where it is needed lack it... Go to the Middle East... Some parts of Africa and northern Nigeria...(not like the women there are complaining anyways)

Go and start your movements there and dodge the Ak-47s while at it grin grin
Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
Feminism in Nigeria sounds like I WANT TO BE ALONE LEAVE ME!

its wack in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by EmperorLee(m): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2017
Feminism is Bull ****
Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by babyfaceafrica: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
Story
Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2017
I will come back to say what I have in mind if this hits FP
Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by tracyfemmmm: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
Op u r very correct. Only ones that will not like this are people who want to be willfully ignorant because it benefits them to think of feminism as evil.
Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2017
lifedynamics:
That no.5 is the biggest load of crap ever invented since the "biography " of king Arthur...

LMAO... If were a business man and I paid women less... I would only hire women na grin...nonsense

No. 1 Is crap too... It should be called "equality" not "feminism"...men have rights too

No. 2 Sadly... Many of you do hate men... And it's more common among younger women... Older women are too busy enjoying their husbands and kids undecided

No. 3 Whatever grin

No. 4 I believe this is very true... I agree with you Op... But it's impossible... Men have been conditioned like this since the time of Caesar

No. 5 Again grin...it's funny how there are more feminists in relatively liberal areas e.g. the US Of A, Germany, even Nigeria
Y'all vote, work, divorce, get paid, have sex, have friends, go out and drink, ask guys out etc and claim you're not free and need feminism grin grin

The areas where it is needed lack it... Go to the Middle East... Some parts of Africa and northern Nigeria...(not like the women there are complaining anyways)

Go and start your movements there and dodge the Ak-47s while at it grin grin
pure ignorance....... Feminist dont hate men.... D fact dat ur girlfrnd came complainin to u dat she is a feminist now and doesnt lyk guys anymore doesnt actually mean she is a true feminist... True feminist dont hate men...most of dem r married with kids...and also some feminists are men.....
Did u say AK47?? Y? Who would wanna shot me?? Ignorant men or women who stil think men shud b above ?? Or women shud b above??,,...
Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2017
selflessposhheart:
Feminism in Nigeria sounds like I WANT TO BE ALONE LEAVE ME!

its wack in Nigeria
i bliv things would change soon though...very soon a woman would be able to contest for presidency in naija.... I want to b alone leave me?? I dont think so dear...
Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
Feminists in this part of the world take it to the extreme.

3 Likes

Re: The Real Meaning Of FEMINISM........5 Facts About Feminism by HMZi: 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
YOUR DEFENCE sounds good on paper but in reality,it has to do with a lot of * man hating**.....

the ideas of so called feminism should be agressively pushed in non-secular muslim countries/regions...In Nigeria,females have as much freedom as the want these days......

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Slams Man Who Begged For Money On Social Media / Can U Advice Ur Sister(a Christian) To Marry A Hausa Moslem?? / See What This Man Was Gazing At In A Public Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.