Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? (25790 Views)

A Touching Story About Love ( Will Make You Cry ) / How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / She Came With 3 Friends To Meet Me At The Eatery - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Ayemokhia: 10:00am On Feb 26, 2010
Love they say is blind. But that no longer seems true today as our women are becoming more exposed, on the issue of love and marriage. Getting married is one thing but marrying a man who can carry out his responsibilities as father and husband in the home is another.
This is why we have taken time to listen to the views of some of our youths on what they think about marrying a jobless man, and this is what they have to say. Enjoy it

A jobless man isn’t ripe for marriage — Elo Obokia, Actress
I may be tempted to start byb saying that it depends on the man involved, or if I’m in love with him, and so on. But the truth still remains that a jobless man shouldn’t be looking for a wife.
Most men are generally uncomfortable when their women become more successful than they are. You can imagine what it will be if the man has no job at all. When you do not have a job, the translation is that you are not ripe for marriage. For any man to be ready and ripe for marriage, he should at least have a job, own a house and be willing to cater for someone else. Outside that, the man himself will never be happy.
Even his family members and friends will not be happy with him. He’ll put himself in the position of a joker where he is be seen as a woman wrapper and no woman will equally be happy when she’s seen as the commander- in- chief while her husband becomes the follower. A lot of women have had to go through pains in the hands of some jobless men who squander their money, beat them up, accuse them of having extra-marital affairs, and finally divorce is always the solution to such marriages because it just won’t work out.
I’ll give you an example of a woman who’s a pharmacist but her husband is jobless. Fom my own view, I can say that this woman has never known peace in her marriage. Her husband got jealous of her to the point that he had to start seeking for admission to study pharmacy, and when he couldn’t get one, he became frustrated.
Firstly, he never saw the walls of a university. Secondly, he cannot be a pharmacist because even if he finally gets the admission, he has no money to fund it. So, we just have to be careful of the choices we make in life. The choice of a life partner is not a very cheap one. It’s a decision that can destroy your joy for a whole lifetime, so be wise.
The Bible also told us that the woman is a helper. She’s not supposed to bear all the burden in the family alone. So, what has happened to that version of the holy book, my fellow sisters out there? Did we throw it away or have we not read that portion of the Bible? How long are we going to continue living in ignorance of the word of God?
I don’t want to be the burden bearer. My position in the home as a wife is that of a helper, and I’ll not do otherwise. Why do you think most marriages crash today?
Finance is a major factor for any home to succeed. Some men are not only jobless but also lazy, especially when they know that their wives can put food on their table, they become so lazy that they can hardly think positively.They go out to gossip and come back to molest you for food and sex because they are not thinking of how to make money.
I think both the man and the woman planning to get married should have something doing because nobody will come from elsewhere to pay their bills.

Love won’t put food on my table — Genevieve Nnaji, Actress

Love can’t put food on my table. The fact is that the man in question is jobless. That will only succeed in frustrating whatever I put in the relationship. So, I won’t marry a jobless man, nor will I advise anybody I know to do so.
No matter how much love any man would profess, don’t forget that money makes the world go round. You need both finance and love to make any relationship survive. If you want to remain in the light of love is everything, don’t forget that someday, you may fall sick and there’ll be no money for treatment. Will your lover boy also tell the doctors of his undying love to save your life?

That’s a lifetime mistake — Eva Ogoro, Musician
Well, it depends on the kind of man. I don’t see anything wrong in marrying a man who has just lost his job, especially, if I was in a relationship with him and he had proposed marriage to me before losing his job. It won’t be nice to leave him for someone else. But to say I want to dream of marrying a man who has no job at all will be a lifetime mistake. When you get yourself tied to such a man, then you would have signed your death warrant because he’ll milk you financially, emotionally, psychologically and otherwise.
In fact, my parents will destroy me first before I get hooked to such a man. All the love in the world can’t make up for joblessness because the man will end up being envious of all your effort to make money.

He shouldn’t be looking for a wife — Nike Johnson, Artist
Why on earth will a jobless man be looking for a wife? A man who has no job obviously cannot take care of himself. How then is he supposed to take care of someone else?
Even in the Bible when God created Adam, he gave him a job first, which is taking care of the garden. And it was after giving him a job that God saw the need for him to have a helper and gave him a wife. So, the woman is meant to be a helpmate and not the head of the family. Some of our women go into marriage all in the name of love while they overlook an important factor like finance.
Yes, it is good to love but open your eyes while doing that. I won’t marry a jobless man for any reason.

He’s worse than an infidel — Lisa Onu, Actress
Ah! I’ll not marry a jobless man…o. What will he teach my children?
A jobless man is a lazy man because I get very uncomfortable,
even as a woman when I’m jobless. God himself made it clear that a man should soil his hands and be
able to put food on the table for his home. The fact that our women are beginning to do all kinds
of stressful jobs does not take away the responsibility of the man as the provider. There’s also a portion of the bible which says that a man who cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel. So, why should I marry a jobless man?
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Ben13: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2010
These are public figures. . .
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by MissyB1(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2010
Nah!!
Jobless men should think of getting a Job before a Wife.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by googles: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2010
[size=13pt]why would i marry a jobless man?
that kinda man will be asking his wife for toiletries' money or wat?
or be a full time house-husband. . . . .
i can date yea. . . .but he has to get a job
before we can walk the aisle
no matter how small the pay package is he has to work  [/size]
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2010
Any lady who says she'll be comfortable with a jobless man, is simply deceiving herself period! No matter the love she has for him!

Its a different case if you were married to him already and he lost his job. . .

A jobless man has got no business getting married. . .We are talking of a family here. . .With the present economy now the average family needs the income of two people to raise a child. . .

Men are known for their ego. . .no matter how supportive and understanding a wife is. . .most men (especially the NIGERIAN MAN) would not be comfortable with his wife being the sole bread winner of the family!
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2010
Well its a trick question I know families that started out with the wives better off and now the men are millionaires so Ladies dont just shut out the jobless man because who knows what tomorrow will bring eh?

2 Likes

Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Ayemokhia: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2010
so u girls are looking 4 already made guy abi?
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Kelvinj(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]why would i marry a jobless man?
that kinda man will be asking his wife for toiletries' money or wat?
or be a full time house-husband. . . . .
i can date yea. . . .but he has to get a job
before we can walk the aisle
no matter how small the pay package is he has to work  [/size]
i tink u have a point.
Well, a man should be able to get a job no matter how lil it pays b4 tinking abt getting married,
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:05am On Feb 26, 2010
Ayemokhia:

I cannot stand when dudes say this! Did anyone say they want a millionaire?

As someone said no matter how small the paycheck is. . .the point here is he has something doing before he thinks of marriage!

1 Like

Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by honeric01(m): 11:12am On Feb 26, 2010
What about a man with no current job but has the potentials to become a successful man (just having capital delays)?
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2010
we can date, but we can't get married until he has a secured job.
you people are making it seem like it means "either get a job, or im out the door"
i can wait for you to get a financially stable job, and THEN we can talk about walking down the isle.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by ucheebere: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2010
honeric01:

What about a man with no current job but has the potentials to become a successful man (just having capital delays)?
till then
but he shuld wait till he has covercome the delay, @ least he must have somthing doing half bread they say  is beta than none, if he doesnt have any thing, how is he going to take care of his family when the kids start coming in.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by honeric01(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2010
ucheebere:

till then
but he shuld wait till he has covercome the delay, @ least he must have somthing doing half bread they say  is beta than none, if he doesnt have any thing, how is he going to take care of his family when the kids start coming in.

If he's capable of handling the wedding bills and all that without problems, then he's capable to getting a job or a business to take care of the marriage.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Duniverse(m): 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2010
No body wan suffer.
Ayemokhia:

who nor like better tin?
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by sistajay(f): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2010
Ayemokhia:

Yup, you got it right. . . . . He gotta have a J.O.B if he wants to be with me! cool
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Freiburger(m): 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2010
Look at all these broke ass putting having a job as a top criteria for marring, forgeting that a man can a nice proffesion and still not get well paid.
But u all will also like to marry a jobless man whom his father is rich.
Well it's all not their fault 9ja have enough hardship with both eyes that makes them feel that being poor in a sin.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Moyola(f): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2010
Nope! won't thingz turn nastie?! undecided
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Freiburger(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2010
Moyola:

Nope! won't thingz turn nastie?! undecided

What do u mean with that?
break it down.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by dwayne1: 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2010
a lot of us 4get 2 understand that a joblessman ll not remain jobless 4ever.u might b d person he is lookin 4 to get his breakthru.so pls dont crucify, ,
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Moyola(f): 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2010
Freiburger:

What do u mean with that?
break it down.

Say. . .he after 1,2,3. . yrz he's still jobless all sort creep into such marriage e.g not trustin d wife anymur, kuz hez beginning to doubt her movements, some men might take it out on thier wife when d frustration sets in which. in some cases lead to doemstic violence etc, and how's the family gonna survive on the income of 1 person. . .bills, rent, kidz school fees, feeding, etc.! undecided

There're sooo many ways such situation can turn 'nastie'! tongue
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Moyola(f): 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2010
dwayne1:

a lot of us 4get 2 understand that a joblessman ll not remain jobless 4ever.u might b d person he is lookin 4 to get his breakthru.so pls dont crucify, ,

Is there 'forever'?! 2-5yrz could seem forever for some? Yu got a point tho?!
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2010
Freiburger:

Look at all these broke backside putting having a job as a top criteria for marring, forgeting that a man can a nice proffesion and still not get well paid.
But u all will also like to marry a jobless man whom his father is rich.
Well it's all not their fault 9ja have [b]enough hardship with both eyes that makes them feel that being poor in a sin.[/b]
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin

@Topic, it would depend on whether it was "Can't" or "Won't".

if I loved the person and wanted to be with them, it wouldn't matter much to me if they were having difficulty holding down a job,
as long as they cared enough to *Try* if their income was necessary to support their loved ones.

if I was working to support us while they sat on their arse complaining and making excuses, then I'd dump them quicker than
you can say "Welfare Line". But if they had say,  Lost a job and were still in the process of finding a new one, or if they were
physically incapable of working, I'd be willing to put up with that.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by henryhemon(m): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
Its only a man without brains will think of getting married without a job.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by WarHorse1(m): 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2010
Naija girls and women tire me oooooo. one time una go say una dey near 30 year and no husband. Another time una go say d man must to got job.

Watin una want!!!!!!!!!? Make una just talk am out say na money we wan marry not husband. Thats is why men dey treat una like nonsense. you wen be woman and man, most of una na graduate o. make man wen be graduate find job. you wen be graduate nkor? abi nor be work make you go school? if the work easy to find why you do find man when get work? Na this make am say I can never sorry for girl or woman wen say e dey find husband. Na lie. Na man wen e go chop him money nai e dey find. make una bear watin una see o. Little bird wen nor fit fly today go fly one day.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Spyker: 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2010
I will support my sister or friend to marry a Jobless on certain condition

(1) He must be a graduate looking for a Job (Prospects)
(2) The marriage should not bear fruit (child(ren)) until either one of them gets a job (Family planning)

If these conditions are reach, i don't see anything wrong in marrying a Jobless man.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Tonyet1(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

we can date, but we can't get married until he has a secured job.
you people are making it seem like it means "either get a job, or im out the door"
i can wait for you to get a financially stable job, and THEN we can talk about walking down the isle.

Ammie,

Whats the use waiting for him when u cant get into it with him. Should i take it that you prolly want him to struggle with life and finances first b4 coming to pick his royal princess. whatever happened to wife and help-mates. undecided
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:54am On Feb 27, 2010
WHY WOULD ANYONE MARRY SOMEONE WHO IS NOT FINANCIALLY STABLE?
DIDN'T YOU READ WHAT I WROTE?!?!
i said that doesn't mean i'll leave you, i just can't marry someone who doesn't have a job.
any man that gets married and doesn't have a job is an idiot anyway. i mean for crying out loud!!!! HOW DO YOU INTEND TO SUPPORT ONCE YOU START A FAMILY?
this is only logical. only a person with no brain will get married with no money in his account.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by sexyLeamon(f): 4:13am On Feb 27, 2010
I don't want someone that would possibly rely on me to survive. and I really think that men who don't have a stable job should think twice about marrying. I mean, no offense, but they just really have to do something about it. and I have to stress out, you can't live on love alone. What happens if the feeling is gone? You just can't simply trust your feelings. We all have to be really practical, seriously
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Tonyet1(m): 9:00am On Feb 27, 2010
THE AMAKA:

WHY WOULD ANYONE MARRY SOMEONE WHO IS NOT FINANCIALLY STABLE?
DIDN'T YOU READ WHAT I WROTE?!?!
i said that doesn't mean i'll leave you, i just can't marry someone who doesn't have a job.
any man that gets married and doesn't have a job is an idiot anyway
. i mean for crying out loud!!!! HOW DO YOU INTEND TO SUPPORT ONCE YOU START A FAMILY?
this is only logical. only a person with no brain will get married with no money in his account.

hmmmm, then prolly we aint gat no lessons on Marriage yet, do we? The problem today is that we want the perfect marriage and perfect home, but sorry gal there aint no such thing as perfect

what happens if u get married to the one who's got "a job" a drug biz that is and later got a life sentence with finance confiscated where would YOUR STABLE FAMILY NOW RELY ON. have YOU thought about that. Marriage aint about having a Job or stable biz, its about under[b]stand[/b]ing

Stand : standing for each other  wink
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2010
Nigerian girls are one of the dumbest and most hypocritical creatures I have ever come accross. I thank God there are still some few girls out there who are sincere. Listen to this : There is this colleague of mine (a girl of 28) who had a jobless fiancee . This guy has an NCE , While she is an HND holder. She singlehandedly sponsored their wedding . Thank God, the guy got a teaching job in the civil service . I just want you girls out there to understand that what counts is the level of determination and drive that the guy has and not the present jobless state.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by adosjun(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2010
Take dis situation: a lady is base in overseas workin and met a guy in naija dat is jobless but a graduate. Ok ladies if u r dis gurl will u marry such a guy?
@ebonsexy, i love hw u view life. Gurls like usually hv a spendid future.
If u really luv ur man why don't u get him somtin to do. Just baffled by dis lazy gurls here dat still wants to marry.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by MissyB1(m): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2010
tosag:

Nigerian girls are one of the dumbest and most hypocritical creatures I have ever come accross.
Na You get Your mauth. You can spew bull-crap with it.

tosag:

There is this colleague of mine (a girl of 28) who had a jobless fiancee . This guy has an NCE , While she is an HND holder. She singlehandedly sponsored their wedding  .
. . . . .and b'cuz Your colleague did it, every other female creature must?
A man should possess certain things (Corporeal and intangible)
before he gets involve in a Deal as Big as Marriage.
Any Right-thinking man WOULD Get a Job before a Wife.
tosag:

I just want you girls out there to understand that what counts is the level of determination and drive that the guy has and not the present jobless state.     
We know that already.
No one (at least not me) is asking for a Bill Gate$.
He should just have a foundation on which we can start building and
Determination to go higher. Is that too much for a NIGERIAN LADY to ask? grin

Offtopic - I Love Tonye-t's Siggy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Everyone MUST get married / Sisters, Kindly Give Three Reasons Why A Man Will Be Lucky To Marry You. / Why Do People Cheat On People They Love??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.