Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,256 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? (7136 Views)

Poll: Which one suits you best for marriage:

Nigerian raised abroad.: 11% (12 votes)
Nigerian raised at home.: 24% (27 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly abroad and partly at home.: 18% (20 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly at home and partly abroad.: 45% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by WesleyanA(f): 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2007
davidylan:

I miss the thieves so long as they never came to my home. Waking up to do nothing but hang around the neighbors itching to hear some hot gossip on who the suspect could be. Cant beat that! grin

lipsrsealed undecided

you suck. how old were you.
you miss thieves. God help you tongue
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2007
old enough to walk! cheesy
You miss thieves so long as they only attack your enemies on your street.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by WesleyanA(f): 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2007
some of the stories weren't bad either. some guy jumped from a 3rd floor. he injured his shoulder but that was it. He was my hero for a long time.
some guy got shot like 6 times and it all missed him. he was running from his car.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2007
u funny welsyane lol that was ur hero lmao aww
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2007
I can imagine David sitting among the women with his polished nails go "ehen, I think it's that Mama Peju's son. That useless boy with his dada hair" yes o. That boy is just trouble yad yada yada
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2007
lol your mean TOH grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by WesleyanA(f): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I can imagine David sitting among the women with his polished nails go "ehen, I think it's that Mama Peju's son. That useless boy with his dada hair" yes o. That boy is just trouble yad yada yada

LMAO! grin grin
not hard to imagine
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by MP007(m): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2007
the ones here have lost their cultural values , and i cant marry a lady in naija cos its gona take time to bring and adpt her into my american lifestyle,
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by omogenaija(f): 6:11am On Jun 24, 2007
MP007:

the ones here have lost their cultural values , and i can't marry a lady in naija because its gona take time to bring and adpt her into my american lifestyle,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked not true o , i still value my culture angry
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by MP007(m): 6:16am On Jun 24, 2007
i didnt say all of them, most of them .
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by omogenaija(f): 6:17am On Jun 24, 2007
iwo lo mo cool
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Orimili(m): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2007
I seriously doubt that where the person was raised should matter. Values and culture are very important attributes in a spouse, but it is doubtful that those are strictly related to where one was born and/or raised.

There are plenty if people who were born and raised abroad, never seeing Nigeria, who retain the cultural values of their parents, and there are plenty of people who were born and raised at home in which such attributes are absent. It shouldn't really matter where person was brought up. If one wants to marry a Nigerian with values, one must look for a Nigerian with values. Just cutting out an entire group of potential spouses because of their locale would just be stupid. There is a chance that your perfect future wife or husband may not be from the place you want them to be from, but from this place where you assume that they don't have what you are looking for.

Anyway, I think that we should be careful about such preferences, as it can disrupt the unity of this board and cause a falling out between nairalanders home and abroad.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by teeirl: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2007
Been a european woman i would prefer a Nigerian that has been raised abroad as they are more sincere and loyal. Most Nigerians that were raised at home are full of these lame excuses well its in my culture to cheat, its in my culture to be a 419 rather than work and this shit man they ar just bad guys with no morals or respect so yeah definitely Nigerians raised ABROAD or partially abroad, grin grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by OmoEko1(f): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2007
I will prefer any guy that meet my "Credibility", both abroad and Naija guy are useless, so what is the difference undecided
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by SweetT1: 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2007
@Omo Eko
Wzup, Baby ??
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by hotchic1(f): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2007
Omo Eko:

I will prefer any guy that meet my "Credibility", both abroad and Naija guy are useless, so what is the difference undecided

y u dey yab 9ja guyz lyk dt,abeg take am easy wit dem ooooooo @least,u can still get on useful 9ja guy in a million.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by OmoEko1(f): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2007
hot chic:

y[b] u dey yab Nigeria guys like dt,abeg take am easy wit them ooooooo[/b] @least,u can still get on useful Nigeria guy in a million.
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, and do you know how much wahala the girl have to go through before meeting a useful and poilite Naija guy
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by debosky(m): 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2007
Omo Eko:

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, and do you know how much wahala the girl have to go through before meeting a useful and poilite Naija guy
Na lie oh, the wahala is meeting useful and polite naija girls, they front too much angry cry grin grin

useful naija guys are plenty all over
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by OmoEko1(f): 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2007
debosky:

Na lie oh, the wahala is meeting useful and polite naija girls, they front too much angry cry grin grin

eya talking from experience lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

"Use" is the only word associated with Naija guy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed but "Useful" and Naija guys doesn't cross the same path at all wink
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by debosky(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2007
Omo Eko:

One of them known as Omo. . . . . .

Ijesha grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by OmoEko1(f): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2007
Me shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, so what did i do oh
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by debosky(m): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2007
are u omo eko or omo ijesha? cos its omo ijesha that i know is useless lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by hotchic1(f): 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2007
debosky:

I can't bliv dat,guys make una check ursef

Omo Eko:

"Use" is the only word associated with Naija guy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed but "Useful" and Naija guys doesn't cross the same path at all wink

10q u oooo my sister,all dem gyyz just wan still stufffs 4rm ya shop!!!!!!they're all thieves.

Omo Eko:

Too much stress!Kai
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by OmoEko1(f): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2007
debosky:

are u omo eko or omo ijesha? because its omo ijesha that i know is useless lipsrsealed
Thanks for clarifying it for moi
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by OmoEko1(f): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2007
hot chic:

10q u oooo my sister,all them gyyz just wan still stufffs from ya shop!!!!!!they're all thieves.

Yes oh grin grin grin grin grin, Naija guys and their sweet mouth angry angry

Too much stress!Kai
Yes oh becos have see girls complain about it
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by GNature(m): 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2007

both abroad and Naija guy are useless, so what is the difference undecided

It is very unfortunate that you'll just label us naija guys like this. If you've had bad experiences with some of us in the past, that's understandable, but haba, how are you just going to call all of us useless ? Take time oh.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by OmoEko1(f): 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2007
GNature:

It is very unfortunate that you'll just label us naija guys like this. If you've had bad experiences with some of us in the past, that's understandable, but haba, how are you just going to call all of us useless ? Take time oh.

There is nothing unfortunate about it grin grin grin, i know the truth hurt cry cry cry

See them coming out now like ants trying to attack me grin grin, between speak for yourself, if you claim not to be among those "Useless" naija guys, so why stress about my comment wink
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by farad(m): 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2007
Be sincere with yourself every where or everything dat U are doing, cool
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by GNature(m): 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2007
You can't make blanket statements like that. Something in the lines of "some nigerian guys" would've been more appropriate.

There are some naija ladies who could use some work with their attitude that I know of personally, but that wouldn't make me assert that all naija ladies are useless. This is the point I am getting at. Don't let your emotions take over everything, before you know it, mr. right will come along.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by dinnerm(f): 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2007
i would chose the nigerian raised mostly at home cos its the best for me.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by OmoEko1(f): 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2007
farad:

Be sincere with yourself every where or everything that You are doing, cool
, who are you talking to ? me

@GNature

How can i use "some" when 90% of Naija are "Useless"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend's Younger Sister / 'just Tell Me What's On Your Mind?' - True Meaning? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.