Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard (68298 Views)

Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing / Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu / Anambra Governorship Election: Don Okonkwo Rooted For By Federation Igbo Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Elliot2(m): 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
NafeesaAA:
THE IPOB FRAUD AND THE BURDEN OF RESPONSIBILITY

BY Ahmed Musa Husaini

EXCERPT:

"... Only when Kanu threatened the elections in Anambra that the region's political leaders remember that they have a responsibility to rein Kanu in.

By feeding their people on a steady diet of ethnic propaganda in order to distract attention from their own failures, the South-east leadership must take disproportionate blame for the present situation. The irony is, the Igbos cannot be the most persecuted ethnic group and at the same the most geographically spread nationally, with Igbo men and women eking out a living in all obscure corners of the Nigerian space.

By choosing hate and incitement, Kanu and his Ipob cheerleaders have proven that they are intellectually and temperamentally incapable of leading a nonviolent self-determination. Their struggle is borne out of political blackmail and therefore devoid of any moral legitimacy. They do not represent the Igbos and do not know how to do any of those things that are of benefits to the average Igboman.

Ipob thrives on hate and incitement. But human beings and nations cannot live on hate and incitement alone, yet hate and incitement are all that Ipob has to offer. But this can neither fix their present level of social and developmental malaise nor bring the South-east any political gain. It can only lead them to self-destruction with its utter, unspeakable consequences.

Since its resurgence on the back of Jonathan's 2015 election defeat, the Nigerian state has tolerated Ipob more than it did any other rogue group. Ipob cannot be more-Jonathan than the ND militants who have moved on from 2015 elections and embraced the initiatives pursued by the FG through Vice President Osinbajo.

Given the choice between order and anarchy, the Nigerian state has no option than to put Nnamdi Kanu where he belongs no matter the price. The only victims, as in every conflict situation, are those who are unfairly targeted on both sides. That is why we need to draw a line between the average law-abiding Nigerian Igbo wherever he is, and Ipob thugs bent on stoking an all out ethnic war.

There is no moral equivalence between the Nigerian security forces and Ipob thugs. The Nigerian security must do everything to protect civilians from Ipob terrorism in the South-east and possible reprisals elsewhere. They must avoid any act of collective persecution that will feed into Ipob's narrative of collective Igbo victimhood.

.... But those who support evil out of primordial allegiances have their consciences to live with, and if they don't have any, they cannot escape its consequences..."
as long as u keep seeing ipob as an offshoot of jonathan's election loss but not as a chain of several events,u will continue to miss out in d discourse.

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by wristbangle: 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2017
NothingDoMe:
For some reason I liked you more than the other Zombified sai Baba worshippers. Dunno why.
However with all due respect your question is silly at best. Army laid seige to his house and you are asking where he is? Are you for real?
Buhari is the right person to answer that question.

I also condemn the act of Nigeria Army but an elder needs to draw Kanu's ear to lay low on this issue

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
wristbangle:

I also condemn the act of Nigeria Army but an elder needs to draw Kanu's ear to lay low on this issue
Pesin no dey benefit anything from a union.. And he can't agitate to leave too. Haba!

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by wristbangle: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
elfmann:

Pesin no dey benefit anything from a union.. And he can't agitate to leave too. Haba!

If na like so Nelson Mandela agitation be, we for neva hear South Africa today

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mpowa(m): 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Well, here we are unfortunately. Now there's reports that he's picked up Kanu again. If that's true how will that solve this issue. Another wrong move. Sigh.
Well it seems things will just get worse, nobody is having restraints, we've been shouting this, but it seems it's because we're weak. This doesn't pay anyone, Nigerians are already suffering enough, we don't need this. Buhari should be a father, and other parties too should shelve their swords. Things like this, you might know the beginning, you don't know the end.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by steph2sweet(f): 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
alizma:
I am beginning to hate Igbo's like never before. I hate the way the play the victim game. for some days now their people have been misbehaving and terrorising malams in the east and they felt cool with it. even when u try to mention it before those who are supposed to be civilize per say, they play down on it but just this night that the northern youths have decide to display their own bad side, they Igbo's are shouting and claiming is Buhari that cause this. was it buhari that said ur brothers should fight the northerners in aba or it was buhari that said they should be searching for Hausa man in every vehicle that pass by? if you don't want the Hausa man in your land, kindly vacate his own land for him that is called justice and fairness. u can't eat your cake and have it.
You are a capital fool. Go lick ur dirty ass, na hate go kill you ediot.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
wristbangle:

If na like so Nelson Mandela agitation be, we for neva hear South Africa today
What? Mandela later ruled and blacks are still looting there in SA.
Catalonia, Kurds, Scotland are asking for referendum on independence. South Sudan and Britain seceded from a union.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by GetMeRight: 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
Kazim88:

Buhari is the person Unknownly turning the country upside down..
Kanu was playing with his head...

he fell for it.. wholesale... and he just destroyed the country.

Not just Buhari.. people like you also.. that was pushing Buhari to "crush "... Without being able to see the consequences
Talking about playing with heads, I would rather say that Kanu was playing with the head of jobless youths.

And talking about consequences, you know the consequences for dissent.

What you're advocating that Buhari should have done wasn't an option. As a president of the country, it is either you give them what they are asking for or put an end to the madness that would make country ungovernable for you one day.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
Elliot2:
as long as u keep seeing ipob as an offshoot of jonathan's election loss but not as a chain of several events,u will continue to miss out in d discourse.
Ask him why he won't let the Igbos go since they are full of negatives.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by wristbangle: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
elfmann:

What? Mandela later ruled and blacks are still looting there in SA.
Catalonia, Kurds, Scotland are asking for referendum on independence. South Sudan and Britain seceded from a union.

Bro, u don't seems to understand my point clearly. I said if mandela adopted kanu style of secession, there wouldn't have been south Africa today
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mpowa(m): 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
magoo10:
the Nigeria govt and her army should be held responsible for eruption of violence in the country .

those who support the army invasion of abia state are the real enemies of democracy and history will not forget them,what goes around comes around.

now the fire has been lit hope they can now peacefully conduct referendum.
People To Be Blamed...

#Buhari And Nigerian Army

#Nnamdi Kanu and The Ipob Warriors (Both Online and Offline)

#The South-East Leaders and Elders

#The Northern Leaders and Elders

Now apportion the blame proportionately
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Kazim88: 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2017
mpowa:

Well it seems things will just get worse, nobody is having restraints, we've been shouting this, but it seems it's because we're weak. This doesn't pay anyone, Nigerians are already suffering enough, we don't need this. Buhari should be a father, and other parties too should shelve their swords. Things like this, you might know the beginning, you don't know the end.
Most sensible post... we have to hold restrain...

No particular group can swallow the other..

I just hope it is not too late... the FG went too far... ended up losing their legitimacy and trust.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by BabbanBura(m): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2017
steph2sweet:

You are a capital fool. Go lick ur dirty ass, na hate go kill you ediot.

see what this steph.aloccocus is ranting here! illmannered gal, go back to ya mothers breast and learn respect for your fathers

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Daboomb: 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
NothingDoMe:
This what I've been saying but the idiotic BMC and sai Baba chanters were too happy with the attack on IPOB to see consequences.

Blind like their leader Buhari

Something very BAD really dey do you for head!

Since Cownu has been urging you miscreants on all the past weeks, did your fathers call him to order?
Even his own foolish father said he supports what his son is doing!

Now that the other side is responding in-kind, you useless cowards have started pointing your stubby fingers as usual
. angry angry

Go and confront the Army now and lets see you walk the talk.
Bloody, shiverling cowards.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Daboomb: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2017
Kazim88:

Most sensible post... we have to hold restrain...

No particular group can swallow the other..

I just hope it is not too late... the FG went too far... ended up losing their legitimacy and trust.

Yea, as usual, IPOB Piglets always living in denial.
You killed Policemen, killed innocent Mallams, stone the Army with sticks and bottles, yet you claim to be non-violent, abi?
Oloshi.

Govt is just starting and they have the backing of NIGERIANS.
Igbos can roast in their own urine.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2017
wristbangle:

Bro, u don't seems to understand my point clearly. I said if mandela adopted kanu style of secession, there wouldn't have been south Africa today
Were u in SA when Mandela was struggling? Kanu hasn't taken up arms. Meanwhile, Igbo people are tired of d present system of government in Nigeria. It is not just abt Kanu. If u like the system, another person doesn't .. If u can't agitate, another person can.

People are tired of claiming a benue man to be admitted in Unijos.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Litmus: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2017
lordwar:
I made a bow from my uncles koboko and was able to sharping arrow heads from the wooden bed in our house try get any weapon and hide if anyone try to break in position your self and attack

lol
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mavinc4u(f): 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2017
Alexis11:
Funny how some people did not see anything wrong with KANU hate speeches.

May the blood of innocent Igbos that is about to be spilled in this country be upon Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB miscreants.

Answer me, did you see anything wrong with GMB hate speech? Just be honest.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mavinc4u(f): 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
benedictac:
OMG! This has been my fear oooh. O God pls help us. What's Buhari saying na? Why is the President quiet na?

What do you want him to say? Has he spoken a word since he came back?

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by QuestSeeker: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
"The death of one man diminishes me because I am part of humanity"

I have never commented on issues that have a tribal slur on this forum because I vowed never to be a party to ethnic bigotry.

However, with recent occurrences I feel compelled to advise our teeming youths to desist from heating the system up any further.

Name Checkers Association members should kindly remember that the seeds of discord they sow can decide to germinate and fruit in several ways that they may end up regretting.

The South Eastern elders must counsel Nnamdi Kanu and co to jettison their style of agitation. While it is the right of any group of people to seek self determination, if they so choose, it is not fair to stereotype other people and call them names and incite your people against others all in the name of fighting for your rights. Citizens rights and responsibilities are not mutually exclusive. You can demand for your rights without being abusive; when you tow that path you alienate a lot of people who may be sympathetic to your cause.

President Buhari should be advised equally to find peaceful means of defusing tensions in all areas of the country.

Please let us all remember that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve and such we are brothers and sisters.

May peace return to our country.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by MaryKaku007(m): 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
And so was the start of the Rwandan Genocide!
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Daboomb: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
mavinc4u:

What do you want him to say? Has he spoken a word since he came back?

That Albino goat called Cownu, has been the one doing all the talking, incitement and boasting.
He suddenly lost his voice in d last three days since he saw Phyton. shocked shocked

BLOODT COWARD IN HIDING
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Daboomb: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2017
QuestSeeker:
"The death of one man diminishes me because I am part of humanity"

I have never commented on issues that have a tribal slur on this forum because I vowed never to be a party to ethnic bigotry.

However, with recent occurrences I feel compelled to advise our teeming youths to desist from heating the system up any further.

Name Checkers Association members should kindly remember that the seeds of discord they sow can decide to germinate and fruit in several ways that they may end up regretting.

The South Eastern elders must counsel Nnamdi Kanu and co to jettison their style of agitation. While it is the right of any group of people to seek self determination, if they so choose, it is not fair to stereotype other people and call them names and incite your people against others all in the name of fighting for your rights. Citizens rights and responsibilities are not mutually exclusive. You can demand for your rights without being abusive; when you tow that path you alienate a lot of people who may be sympathetic to your cause.

President Buhari should be advised equally to find peaceful means of defusing tensions in all areas of the country.

Please let us all remember that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve and such we are brothers and sisters.

May peace return to our country.

If only IPOB Uoots will listen. undecided

They just burnt down Ariria Police station, just now
. undecided undecided
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mavinc4u(f): 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
Daboomb:

That Albino goat called Cownu, has been the one doing all the talking, incitement and boasting.
He suddenly lost his voice in d last three days since he saw Phyton. shocked shocked

BLOODT COWARD IN HIDING

Abeg make I hear word. Do you actually know the definition of coward? Is only cowards that fight with weapons, brave men don't fight with weapons. If you are not tired of this country does not mean others are not tired. If people are happy in this country tell me why everybody is running away at the slightest opportunity.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Kazim88: 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2017
GetMeRight:

Talking about playing with heads, I would rather say that Kanu was playing with the head of jobless youths.

And talking about consequences, you know the consequences for dissent.

What you're advocating that Buhari should have done wasn't an option. As a president of the country, it is either you give them what they are asking for or put an end to the madness that would make country ungovernable for you one day.

If the government wanted to solve Nnamdi Kanu case... legally or via sorting...
They have all the resources and finance to do it in 1001 ways...

Out of hate and Envy you guys just wanted to just drink Igbo People's Blood (It was high in 2015 election) and you saw Kanu as a good excuse to.

The way Notherners were dancing and jubilating over Nigeria Army drowning unarmed civilians was the momment I realise you guys are not humans... Even Aminals have feelings for life.... you guys are maggots... and you guys would soon get more blood to drink in the coming week.. till you all chook

Soon they would be reprisal in the North, go and put your straw to suck more blood..

in the end you would understand why maggots end up in sewage

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Daboomb: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2017
mavinc4u:

Abeg make I hear word. Do you actually know the definition of coward? Is only cowards that fight with weapons, brave men don't fight with weapons. If you are not tired of this country does not mean others are not tired. If people are happy in this country tell me why everybody is running away at the slightest opportunity.

I hear you, IPOB Proffessor! grin grin

American soldiers must be the worst coward because they have the most sophisticated weapons they fight with.
I hear ya, iPOB miscreant. undecided undecided

I just hope you are not anywhere near the South West, selling Gaala in their beautiful traffic. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mavinc4u(f): 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2017
lordwar:
we are only protecting our self from those trying to kill us all our doors and Windows have been silled tight we are armed and on the alert this is my first time of taking a life
shocked taking a life? babe do you mean you just killed somebody? Has it gotten to that stage?
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by GetMeRight: 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
Kazim88:

Out of hate and Envy you guys just wanted to just drink Igbo People's Blood (It was high in 2015 election) and you saw Kanu as a good excuse to.

The way Notherners were dancing and jubilating over Nigeria Army drowning unarmed civilians was the momment I realise you guys are not humans... Even Aminals have feelings for life.... you guys are maggots... and you guys would soon get more blood to drink in the coming week.. till you all chook

Soon they would be reprisal in the North, go and put your straw to suck more blood..

I thought you were one of the few educated and refined online Igbos but I mistook you for one. Now, you're sounding more like Kanu.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Daboomb: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
Kazim88:

Verbiage and gabbage!

If you know you cant fight, why confront the Army ....because on edranged Albino who kept his own famil in london, said yo are brave! shocked shocked grin grin grin
If you know you are afraid, why kill innocent Northerners in Rivers state?
Why burn Ariaria Poilice station built with Public funds?
Why throw bottles at military APC if you are not looking for trouble?
Why thrratena whole nation when you are just 5% of it? grin grin

No be only maggots, sense would soon fall on all of you, very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mavinc4u(f): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2017
Acidosis:

Politicians and their families.

You are on point but gullible will not know.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Daboomb: 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
GetMeRight:

I thought you were one of the few educated and refined online Igbos but I mistook you for one. Now, you're sounding more like Kanu.

You'll be lucky if you find one in 5million! grin grin

They all sleep facing the same side, sleeping and waking-up in self-delusion. grin grin

did you not hear Kanu's fatheryarning rubbish and supporting what his son is doing?
undecided undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bemused Osinbajo Watched Helplessly As Buni Refused To Obey Directive - THISDAY / Atiku Lauds Nigerians, Says Collated Results Show He’s Leading / Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.