Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard (68293 Views)

Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing / Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu / Anambra Governorship Election: Don Okonkwo Rooted For By Federation Igbo Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
lordwar:
I made a bow from my uncles koboko and was able to sharping arrow heads from the wooden bed in our house try get any weapon and hide if anyone try to break in position your self and attack

From Lagos island ba? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2017
Alexis11:
Funny how some people did not see anything wrong with KANU hate speeches.

May the blood of innocent Igbos that is about to be spilled in this country be upon Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB miscreants.
we reject it in Jesus name. You blood sucker, it will never be

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by wristbangle: 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Hian! Buhari enjoy the fracas you have created.

I don't know why we went to protest for him to come back.

He is clearly pissed off and is heating up the polity in reprisal for disturbing his UK rest.

This is the problem of an average IPOB P and I crooks. You often allow emotions to becloud your sense of reasoning. So Cownu's way of agitation is right in your eyes right? Please since the outbreak of this situation, where is he?

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by caesaraba(m): 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
AdaNri1:

Lol. E never even start una Don dey call Bros J enter dey matter. This one isn't a Nairaland e-fight. This is not going to be televised.

IPOB: 150, Zoo Army:0
You guys are winning. Please have mercy on the northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by ChiefAIE(m): 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
oh my God, how I wish it's not Jos again cos dis state has really suffered crisis alot
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Gamesmart: 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
alizma:
When a man who has little or know knowledge of how much his people depend on others decide to fight for them without consulting them, this is what follows.
I am neither an Hausa man nor an Igbo man but I have spent over a decade in the east and I have travel to at least 8 states in the North and I can tell you that 1 Hausa man in the East is to 40 Igbo men in the North.
that is why I keep asking; how many state of the north Nnamdi Kanu has been to?
Is so unfortunate that Kanu has chosen to kill a fly that perch on his scrotum in anger. it is stupidity to strike a beehive just because a bee stung you.

Kanu has mental health problems.

And he is surely going to get many Igbo people slaughtered inconsequentially with his provocations.

That is what you get when you let a belligerent mental patient represent you with stupid chest-beating.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by ordize: 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
DIRECTORATE OF PRESS & PUBLIC AFFAIRS
OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR, PLATEAU STATE

PRESS RELEASE

The Executive Governor of Plateau State has expressed great dismay and shock at the sudden build up of tension in Jos Metropolis on account of the conduct of some disgruntled elements, who have decided to throw the metropolis into confusion on account of their negative reaction to the agitations of Independent People of Biafra (IPOB) in the South East.

Consequently, the Governor has directed an immediate imposition of curfew from dusk to dawn (6pm – 6am) within the Greater Jos – Bukuru Metropolis, until further notice. The deployment of security personnel to all flash points within the metropolis has also been directed to ensure compliance with the curfew order and to avert any further breach of law and order.

The Governor wishes to assure all citizens that the security and welfare as the primary concern of Government is assured by the Rescue Administration. He is therefore enjoining all citizens to go about their business with the assurance that their safety is guaranteed. He further appealed to all religious and community leaders, neighbourhood vigilantes as well as all law abiding citizens to ensure nobody is allowed to take advantage of this unfortunate situation to engage in criminality.

The Governor wishes to restate that Plateau State remains home to all citizens of Nigeria irrespective of religion, ethnic extraction or political persuasion.  He therefore enjoins all peace loving citizens to ensure that nothing is allowed to upset the hard earned peace in the State.

Samuel, Emmanuel Nanle
Director, Press & Public Affairs
14th September, 2017........ Copied as sent to my phone by a friend in jos
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Abeyjide: 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
immediately I saw ipob guys searching on moving vehicles in a video online in the morning, what I said in quote was 'not to start what you can't end, let peace abide' two wrong makes no right.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mpowa(m): 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Hian! Buhari enjoy the fracas you have created.

I don't know why we went to protest for him to come back.

He is clearly pissed off and is heating up the polity in reprisal for disturbing his UK rest.
This issue is not Buhari alone, everybody at fault should be blamed. This is what you people have been asking for, now you're getting close to it. Kanu has been beating drum of war, the south eastern leaders have also played politics with this and let it drag to this level. The Arewa youths and their leaders, a lot of hatred verbal attack on Nigeria and its government by Igbos. This is what you get. War is not always planned. It happens when we fail to show restraint and use our brain.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by kaymandak(m): 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2017
[quote author=ScotFree post=60463625]Watching in slow motion[/quote
Hope it's 3D
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by BabbanBura(m): 9:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
lordwar:
Its happening right now 4 people have been killed me and my uncle have armed our selfs with a short gun and knife anyone that breaks in will be killed instantly

which island dey jos? you mean your 'uncle'?
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by IkpuMmadu: 9:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
Reiyvinn:
I sincerely hope this news turns out false...

NB: The above picture is no way related to the alleged incidence.
Dear Distinguished Ambassadors for Peace and esteemed partners:

Greetings from the Universal Peace Federation Nigeria and many thanks for the work that you are doing. As you may be aware, the Nigeria nation is facing several challenges at this moment and one of them is the uprising and confrontations in the South East zone. As a peace building organization, we are deeply concern about the situation and need to take some steps to contribute to the resolution of the challenges urgently.

To this end, we are proposing the creation of the South East Peace Council (SEPC) as a platform for Ambassadors for Peace and other stakeholders from the zone or based in the zone to engage the people and help in building a culture of peace in the zone. During the inauguration of UPF in Anambra State on September 3, 2016, we proposed this idea and called for its immediate establishment. Unfortunately, we did not follow through and it is becoming evident that we have to act now and prevent further reactionary approaches to the situation.

This is to request for the kind consideration of interested Ambassadors for Peace to be listed among the members of the UPF Nigeria South East Peace Council and to appeal that you also share the idea with other respected and credible stakeholders whom we may need to invite to serve in the Council too.

You can read more about the proposal during the last year event in Onitsha via this link: http://www.upf.org/peace-ambassadors-reports/7211-peace-council-planned-for-nigeria-s-south-east-zone. Kindly confirm if you may be interested in serving in this Peace Council to promote a culture of peace through dialogue in the South East. Thanks for your kind anticipated consideration.

Dr. Raphael Ogar Oko,
Secretary General,
Universal Peace Federation (Nigeria)
The Peace Embassy,
25 Bujumbura Street, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria
Email: nigeria@upf.org
Tel: +234 8059964018
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Gamesmart: 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2017
NORSIYK:
God will surely punish buhari and his entire generation for causing this division in Nigeria through his hate speech and hate action

E no go better for you and Nnamdi Kanu.

Idiot, it was Buhari that was giving hate speeches and chest-beating?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by kaymandak(m): 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2017
veekid:
Buhari is really getting it well
If u mention Buhari again, beta blame ur foolish Ipopigs leader Nnamdi coward for your misfortune. Ingrate
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by NothingDoMe: 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2017
mpowa:

This issue is not Buhari alone, everybody at fault should be blamed. This is what you people have been asking for, now you're getting close to it. Kanu has been beating drum of war, the south eastern leaders have also played politics with this and let it drag to this level. The Arewa youths and their leaders, a lot of hatred verbal attack on Nigeria and its government by Igbos. This is what you get. War is not always planned. It happens when we fail to show restraint and use our brain.
At least we agreed that the dullard is accountable.

Your moniker makes me remember Mpowa Inverter......
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by DonMekino(m): 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2017
alizma:
I am beginning to hate Igbo's like never before. I hate the way the play the victim game. for some days now their people have been misbehaving and terrorising malams in the east and they felt cool with it. even when u try to mention it before those who are supposed to be civilize per say, they play down on it but just this night that the northern youths have decide to display their own bad side, they Igbo's are shouting and claiming is Buhari that cause this. was it buhari that said ur brothers should fight the northerners in aba or it was buhari that said they should be searching for Hausa man in every vehicle that pass by? if you don't want the Hausa man in your land, kindly vacate his own land for him that is called justice and fairness. u can't eat your cake and have it.

U are deluded.... U ppl support what happened in jos because of whatever kanu did. I don't support kanu, but are u justifying wat just happened in jos?? As if we Nigerians have lost the sense of sanctity of human life
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by melejo(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
Alexis11:

May the blood of innocent Igbos that is about to be spilled in this country be upon Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB miscreants.
May the blood spilling begin from your home and make sure it finishes every body and then it stops at your door
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by NothingDoMe: 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2017
wristbangle:

This is the problem of an average IPOB P and I crooks. You often allow emotions to becloud your sense of reasoning. So Cownu's way of agitation is right in your eyes right? Please since the outbreak of this situation, where is he?
For some reason I liked you more than the other Zombified sai Baba worshippers. Dunno why.
However with all due respect your question is silly at best. Army laid seige to his house and you are asking where he is? Are you for real?
Buhari is the right person to answer that question.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2017
With the killings of the northerners in the south.
Its only reasonable to advocate for separation peacefully... Once the northern youths strike in Kd and Kano for retaliation,it will be too late.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Ejembiisrael(m): 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2017
I Hope Igbo's And Hausa's Are Happy Now
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mpowa(m): 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2017
NothingDoMe:
At least we agreed that the dullard is accountable.

Your moniker makes me remember Mpowa Inverter......
Everybody involved is accountable. An Obasanjo would have treated this issue smarter than Buhari did. Kanu is not just a treat to Nigeria, he's firstly a treat to South-east leadership, Buhari should have left them to deal with him first or vice versa. Let's see if they'll allow him to disrupt elections and usurp their leadership.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Dymaco(m): 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2017
Alexis11:

may the blood of people murdered in abia be upon your head
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by SlayerForever: 9:56pm On Sep 14, 2017
lordwar:
My God so this is how war looks like I don't feel any feelings killing this people its like I'm in a war front my uncle is out of bullets we've killed 9 people so far

Unfortunately many people I know have not woken up to this reality. Please I hope it's not Igbo people you're shooting down like this?
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 14, 2017
Reiyvinn:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/tension-jos-igbo-traders-allegedly-close-shops-fears-reprisal/

Coupled with the current happenings in Abia State, if this crisis gets to Jos, it would be almost impossible to extinguish the flame.

We call on the Federal Government and the Nigerian Army to please help us restore us to the affected zone to prevent a further catastrophe.
Yea it happened cos i was at beach road as at then. YAMDI KWANU bkiaful.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Alexis11: 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
melejo:
[s]May the blood spilling begin from your home and make sure it finishes every body and then it stops at your door[/s]

I have no IPOB member in my house...... Since you guys called for trouble, peace will be an abomination for you.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Luckygurl(f): 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2017
Shome36:
Wait!!! you sounds serious..... please tell me what exactly is happening

i don't want anything bad close to her

Awww!!
Worries of a caring boyfriend. embarassed

It's obvious she's joking, infact her comments on this thread has provided comic relief to me even though the situation on ground isn't a funny one.

Just inform your girlfriend to be careful and observe the curfew.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by luminouz(m): 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2017
czarina:
Arm myself with what? I don't even own a cane?
Make one!!!
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by TimeManager(m): 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2017
AdaNri1:
Most senseless post. The reprisal has already started with 4 Igbos killed while you are at the corner of your room saying you reject it in Jesus name..Rubbish!!

Jesus was feeling sorry for you when Igbos were hunting & ran sacking buses in search of Hausa/fulani in Aba. Jesus never sent you to embark on hate speeches & war mongering against other tribes either.

If you dare disturb Jesus again for Kanu & Ipob's stupidity, I'll tear you a dirty slap!

I feel so sorry for Igbos up north. If I were a relative of any of the affected families, I'll go find him in his house & chop off his head.

My warning to you is to stop calling Jesus in this matter. Unfortunately Kanu is a Jew, he doesn't believe in jesus

Kiss the truth!
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by NothingDoMe: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
mpowa:

Everybody involved is accountable. An Obasanjo would have treated this issue smarter than Buhari did. Kanu is not just a treat to Nigeria, he's firstly a treat to South-east leadership, Buhari should have left them to deal with him first or vice versa. Let's see if they'll allow him to disrupt elections and usurp their leadership.
He never said he would disrupt elections. That's ofe nsala day. No one will come out. I will be traveling to Otuocha then. Will enjoy the soup with fufu.

It is a democratic right to vote or not to vote. No one will be forced.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by dataking: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
lordwar:
call her and tell her to take cover if she is not strong enough to kill I made 13 pieces of arrow heads and I've used 7 so far just shot 4 guys but missed 3 they are still lying down flat on the ground bleeding to death

You are a bloody bastard. Lieing and spreading hate. You are shooting arrows and typing at the same time abi. Silly nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by NafeesaAA(f): 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
THE IPOB FRAUD AND THE BURDEN OF RESPONSIBILITY

BY Ahmed Musa Husaini

EXCERPT:

"... Only when Kanu threatened the elections in Anambra that the region's political leaders remember that they have a responsibility to rein Kanu in.

By feeding their people on a steady diet of ethnic propaganda in order to distract attention from their own failures, the South-east leadership must take disproportionate blame for the present situation. The irony is, the Igbos cannot be the most persecuted ethnic group and at the same the most geographically spread nationally, with Igbo men and women eking out a living in all obscure corners of the Nigerian space.

By choosing hate and incitement, Kanu and his Ipob cheerleaders have proven that they are intellectually and temperamentally incapable of leading a nonviolent self-determination. Their struggle is borne out of political blackmail and therefore devoid of any moral legitimacy. They do not represent the Igbos and do not know how to do any of those things that are of benefits to the average Igboman.

Ipob thrives on hate and incitement. But human beings and nations cannot live on hate and incitement alone, yet hate and incitement are all that Ipob has to offer. But this can neither fix their present level of social and developmental malaise nor bring the South-east any political gain. It can only lead them to self-destruction with its utter, unspeakable consequences.

Since its resurgence on the back of Jonathan's 2015 election defeat, the Nigerian state has tolerated Ipob more than it did any other rogue group. Ipob cannot be more-Jonathan than the ND militants who have moved on from 2015 elections and embraced the initiatives pursued by the FG through Vice President Osinbajo.

Given the choice between order and anarchy, the Nigerian state has no option than to put Nnamdi Kanu where he belongs no matter the price. The only victims, as in every conflict situation, are those who are unfairly targeted on both sides. That is why we need to draw a line between the average law-abiding Nigerian Igbo wherever he is, and Ipob thugs bent on stoking an all out ethnic war.

There is no moral equivalence between the Nigerian security forces and Ipob thugs. The Nigerian security must do everything to protect civilians from Ipob terrorism in the South-east and possible reprisals elsewhere. They must avoid any act of collective persecution that will feed into Ipob's narrative of collective Igbo victimhood.

.... But those who support evil out of primordial allegiances have their consciences to live with, and if they don't have any, they cannot escape its consequences..."

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Bemused Osinbajo Watched Helplessly As Buni Refused To Obey Directive - THISDAY / Atiku Lauds Nigerians, Says Collated Results Show He’s Leading / Nnamdi Kanu's 'I LOVE BIAFRA' Wristband As He Appears In Court Today

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.