Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (732686 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:39am On May 20, 2020
faithzy:

Are you certain about the scanning of applications?

I think I have enough first hand information at the moment. If there is any changes to that, I'll be happy to share.

This new development is not strange since thats what the UK - TLS currently does anyways

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 9:45am On May 20, 2020
ICaSNg:

I think I have enough first hand information at the moment. If there is any changes to that, I'll be happy to share.

This new development is not strange since thats what the UK - TLS currently does anyways

Cheers
Thank you. I would agree with you because paper documentation is a risk to spread the coronavirus as it can survive For more than 2 days on papers and plastics.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Othniels: 10:14am On May 20, 2020
ICaSNg:

I would advise you wait till the Irish visa officially announces they are accepting new apps. Plus, applications will be scanned to Dublin via the VFS so hopefully response will be between 8-10 weeks.

Makes sense. I suppose this would be for new apps. Do you have any news on those who submitted before the lockdown.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:38am On May 20, 2020
faithzy:

Thank you. I would agree with you because paper documentation is a risk to spread the coronavirus as it can survive For more than 2 days on papers and plastics.

Its actually because visa officers have been moved to Dublin and only the head of the Nigerian Visa office is still around.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:39am On May 20, 2020
Othniels:

Makes sense. I suppose this would be for new apps. Do you have any news on those who submitted before the lockdown.

They are currently working on backlogs. If you have a pending app I'll guess that was for April intake, I'll suggest you send updated offer , medical insurance and other required docs via email so your visa can be issued for September start date.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 12:04pm On May 20, 2020
ICaSNg:

Its actually because visa officers have been moved to Dublin and only the head of the Nigerian Visa office is still around.

Cheers
Thank you for the correction!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lincon11(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2020
Emmanuel360:
Guyz. Pls advice me on what to do

My visa application was refused last year so I applied for a refund in early January through my agent. Up till now I'm yet to receive my refund. The school keeps saying the refund is been processed and my agent keep telling me to be patient. The owners of the fund have been asking too many question I can't answer. It like I've received and spent the money.

Abeg is this delay normal.

It’s normal, I also got a refusal in February and I applied for a refund, Griffith college processed the payment in April. Although I’m still having an issue with the money because Access is trying to cheat me with the exchange rate.
I hope you requested your refund with a domiciliary account to avoid this kind of issue
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 5:49pm On May 20, 2020
ICaSNg:

I would advise you wait till the Irish visa officially announces they are accepting new apps. Plus, applications will be scanned to Dublin via the VFS so hopefully response will be between 8-10 weeks.

Ok thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 5:52pm On May 20, 2020
Lincon11:

It’s normal, I also got a refusal in February and I applied for a refund, Griffith college processed the payment in April. Although I’m still having an issue with the money because Access is trying to cheat me with the exchange rate.
I hope you requested your refund with a domiciliary account to avoid this kind of issue

Please Why were u refused a study visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 5:59pm On May 20, 2020
Lincon11:

Please may I know know why ur visa was refused?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 8:36am On May 21, 2020
Lincon11:

So sad you have to go through this. Unfortunately, refunds can only go back into the account you paid from. However, to correct your statement and guide against inflation on FX its always better to pay through a dorm act incase things don't go according to plan, you won't lose much funds. Exceptions however to those paying through CBN directly.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 8:49am On May 21, 2020
ICaSNg:

So sad you have to go through this. Unfortunately, refunds can only go back into the account you paid from. However, to correct your statement and guide against inflation on FX its always better to pay through a dorm act incase things don't go according to plan, you won't lose much funds. Exceptions however to those paying through CBN directly.

Cheers
Please when you say "pay through CBN directly" do you mean form A?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2020
I really wished the period it takes to issue a visa wasn't so long...
ICaSNg:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 8:20pm On May 21, 2020
ICaSNg:

Please a quick question.. I’m trying to ease my worries.. I finished service in April 2018. I have been applying for jobs and school since then.. no luck from all the jobs I applied.
I also had a visit visa refusal in 2018 on grounds that i do not work and own no assets in my name.

Right now I’m still unemployed but I’m a baker. How do i cover this 2-year gap. I hope it wont affect me. Like I’m really worried..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lion501: 2:38pm On May 22, 2020
pls I’m still reading the thread but would like to know if part time studies can also apply for visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2020
I don't think Ireland allows PT study for international students..
lion501:
pls I’m still reading the thread but would like to know if part time studies can also apply for visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lincon11(m): 5:15pm On May 22, 2020
Preye21:

Please may I know know why ur visa was refused?

Insufficient finance( I used 2 sponsors and both has 5m+ in their account)
Tax clearance (I didn’t include the tax clearance of one of my sponsor)
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 5:30pm On May 22, 2020
Lincon11:

Wow, the money was enough now
How much do you think they’d expect one to have?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lion501: 6:11pm On May 22, 2020
DammyDurst:
I don't think Ireland allows PT study for international students..

Thanks for the reply!!! Pls would also like to know If Sligo is a good city to study in respect to good student jobs.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 7:24pm On May 22, 2020
Preye21:

Wow, the money was enough now
How much do you think they’d expect one to have?

Sorry if i may ask, was the funds there after your fees were deducted?
Were they your parents account?
Were the accounts business accounts cos i can see tax clearance.

I’m asking because my dad would have around same amount after my fee is deducted and he doesn’t want to include his landed properties
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by slimdolyin(m): 9:38pm On May 22, 2020
After paying the school fee and buying bond or ur sponsor can show the 7keuro in his/her account with additional 7k to 10k euro after I swear them go grant u the visa.....but take note he/she must explain how all the money entered the account
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 9:53pm On May 22, 2020
5M+ after full payment of school fees wasn't enough? Shey I will not defer my admission laidis.. Why is their process so annoying ffs
Lincon11:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2020
I have no idea mate, I'm in Nigeria...
lion501:

Thanks for the reply!!! Pls would also like to know If Sligo is a good city to study in respect to good student jobs.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 9:58pm On May 22, 2020
Preye21:

Sorry if i may ask, was the funds there after your fees were deducted?
Were they your parents account?
Were the accounts business accounts cos i can see tax clearance.

I’m asking because my dad would have around same amount after my fee is deducted and he doesn’t want to include his landed properties
He has to explain his source of funds with proof, then explain any large lodgment made to the account.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2020
DammyDurst:
5M+ after full payment of school fees wasn't enough? Shey I will not defer my admission laidis.. Why is their process so annoying ffs
Insufficient finance in terms of rejection does not just mean the amount is not enough, it could mean not enough evidence to explain lodgment, proof of income not explained, if the person have dependant (kids, wife) it will affect.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Evraunited: 10:02pm On May 22, 2020
Good day, please to those schooling at Ireland, will the school calendar changed after the end of this pandemic......... Has there been any memo on any information about the incoming students.....

Really worried, because am sure this pandemic will change many regular routines...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 10:08pm On May 22, 2020
Evraunited:
Good day, please to those schooling at Ireland, will the school calendar changed after the end of this pandemic......... Has there been any memo on any information about the incoming students.....

Really worried, because am sure this pandemic will change many regular routines...
Memo I received from DBS, they would reopen by September, we are still waiting for the visa office to resume.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 10:11pm On May 22, 2020
slimdolyin:
After paying the school fee and buying bond or ur sponsor can show the 7keuro in his/her account with additional 7k to 10k euro after I swear them go grant u the visa.....but take note he/she must explain how all the money entered the account
You should also show proof of income.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zabiboy: 10:30pm On May 22, 2020
slimdolyin:
What if your last card for the account na 10k euro?? grin grin
School fee included
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 10:53pm On May 22, 2020
faithzy:

He has to explain his source of funds with proof, then explain any large lodgment made to the account.

Ok I think you have quite an experience..
I would love to ask, my dad transferred some money into his personal acct from his business acct. last yr December. It was meant to cover up my living expenses for the school i got admitted to then.... the money is still there

After my fees are deducted. He would have at least 10m left. I have also explained this in my personal statement with proof of business ownership. Is the money sufficient? Cos the guy above said his both sponsors had 5m+ yet they said insufficient funds....
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 11:00pm On May 22, 2020
Preye21:

Ok I think you have quite an experience..
I would love to ask, my dad transferred some money into his personal acct from his business acct. last yr December. It was meant to cover up my living expenses for the school i got admitted to then.... the money is still there

After my fees are deducted. He would have at least 10m left. I have also explained this in my personal statement with proof of business ownership. Is the money sufficient? Cos the guy above said his both sponsors had 5m+ yet they said insufficient funds....
I don't have experience, before submitting my application, my agent explained to me on how to present my finance. From what you have said and the documents you have to support the funding, I see nothing wrong. It should fly. Remember the dude said one of the account was not accepted because of tax clearance, he also did not state if he made full payment and how much balance he has to pay.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 11:50pm On May 22, 2020
faithzy:

I don't have experience, before submitting my application, my agent explained to me on how to present my finance. From what you have said and the documents you have to support the funding, I see nothing wrong. It should fly. Remember the dude said one of the account was not accepted because of tax clearance, he also did not state if he made full payment and how much balance he has to pay.
Ok, thanks �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (387)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.