Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,829,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (726425 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lovesavvi: 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
joshosas:

oh thats cool how far have u gone with your application and wat course are you looking at?
electronic and communication engineering, plan to pay my tuition fee by May. What of you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by joshosas: 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 12:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
uckennety:

So 28yrs is too old for Irish university undergraduate

grin Even if you somehow get the admission, it'll be tough/near impossible to convince the visa officer as to why you're going for an undergraduate degree at 28.

Just forget that option bros.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
@pristine88

You are in Ireland yh? (If I'm not mistaken) Please give us an update on what it's like. Anything at all.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uckennety(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Heimdall:

grin Even if you somehow get the admission, it'll be tough/near impossible to convince the visa officer as to why you're going for an undergraduate degree at 28.

Just forget that option bros.

But i can switch to undergraduate student!

If i go there for masters ryte
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
uckennety:

But i can switch to undergraduate student!

If i go there for masters ryte

I don't understand. Why are you bent on doing an undergrad?? I'm assuming you have a bachelors already, so why do you want to apply for a masters and then switch back to undergrad?

Help us better understand the position you're in
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uckennety(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
Heimdall:

I don't understand. Why are you bent on doing an undergrad?? I'm assuming you have a bachelors already, so why do you want to apply for a masters and then switch back to undergrad?

Help us better understand the position you're in

Yes am bent on doing undergrad course

I have a degree in mass comm
I don't intend to declare it i hate it

So if doing masters is the only way!no p
I'll do master's and later change to undergraduate course of my choice
Which is construction management
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
uckennety:

Yes am bent on doing undergrad course

I have a degree in mass comm
I don't intend to declare it i hate it

So if doing masters is the only way!no p
I'll do master's and later change to undergraduate course of my choice
Which is construction management

Oh ok, you're looking to change from Mass Comm to Construction Management.

Do you have any work experience in the latter?? I think that and a very strong SOP are the only things that would increase your chances of getting admission and a visa.

Frankly, it's going to be hard oh, you have to explain why you're doing that switch(it's big leap from arts to science/engineering). You'll also have to prove that there is no school in Nigeria that can offer you the course you want (or at least why you're not selecting any of the schools here offering the course).

You know if you're applying for a masters then you have to declare your undergrad, there's no 2 ways about it. I also doubt it possible for you to switch from a masters to an undergrad...it's highly unlikely, if not impossible.

Do I know for sure if it you'll be successful? No, I don't.

You can look for other options tho
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uckennety(m): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Heimdall:

Oh ok, you're looking to change from Mass Comm to Construction Management.

Do you have any work experience in the latter?? I think that and a very strong SOP are the only things that would increase your chances of getting admission and a visa.

Frankly, it's going to be hard oh, you have to explain why you're doing that switch(it's big leap from arts to science/engineering). You'll also have to prove that there is no school in Nigeria that can offer you the course you want (or at least why you're not selecting any of the schools here offering the course).

You know if you're applying for a masters then you have to declare your undergrad, there's no 2 ways about it. I also doubt it possible for you to switch from a masters to an undergrad...it's highly unlikely, if not impossible.

Do I know for sure if it you'll be successful? No, I don't.

You can look for other options tho
Its possible in any western country

Alot over 8yrs as a bricklayer
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
uckennety:

Its possible in any western country

Alot over 8yrs as a bricklayer

What is possible exactly? Applying for an undergrad at age 28? or switching from masters to undergrad?

If you're so confident it's possible then you shouldn't bother asking anyone, you should just go ahead and apply!

Honestly, I'd suggest you send a mail to the university that offers a masters in the course you want (construction management) asking if you can apply. Make understand how much passion you have for the course and the experience you have. this is where the strong SOP comes in. I think that's your best bet if you're looking to go to Ireland. I don't think their immigration laws are as flexible as that of the US.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uckennety(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
Heimdall:

What is possible exactly? Applying for an undergrad at age 28? or switching from masters to undergrad?

If you're so confident it's possible then you shouldn't bother asking anyone, you should just go ahead and apply!

Honestly, I'd suggest you send a mail to the university that offers a masters in the course you want (construction management) asking if you can apply. Make understand how much passion you have for the course and the experience you have. this is where the strong SOP comes in. I think that's your best bet if you're looking to go to Ireland. I don't think their immigration laws are as flexible as that of the US.

Master's to undergraduate

Am not sure about getting a visa at 28yrs but my agent said it is possible

Even if i get admission in masters of construction management
Visa may be a problem as i need to convince the visa officer that am a genuine student and why switch mass comm to construction management

My best bet is bsc!especially if i intend to come out with good grades

Not forgetting i have trade certificate of bricklaying I,II,III
Which i got 2014,2015 and 2016
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Amachebry: 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
Has the Irish currency reduced from 570nairaaproximately to one euro .I ask because .I want to do a master degree.in medical laboratory sciences as that is what I studied .I had a 2.2 will be 29years by May.all credits in waec pls which affodable school can be recomended for me .affordable

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Amachebry: 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
I hear dublin is expensive to stay in I want a good city outside of Dublin . If I can't get then advice me on what to really do
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by onyeji20: 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
Pls any one in Dublin to carry a brother around?I just got to Dublin today paid for 2days in an hostel(Avalon house)pls I need any Nigerian around cus i’m Just indoor right now nuffin to do just pressing my phone.my school resume April

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
onyeji20:
Pls any one in Dublin to carry a brother around?I just got to Dublin today paid for 2days in an hostel(Avalon house)pls I need any Nigerian around cus i’m Just indoor right now nuffin to do just pressing my phone.my school resume April

where is avalon hostel......today is st patricks day so i got time..drop ur whatsapp number

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kenneth4000: 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
Baybie:
Anyone living in Abuja, interested in going to Ireland for masters in September can send me a personal message. It would be nice to make some friends and plan our travel and stuff together. By the way, i am still making preparations, haven't applied for visa yet. I wish everyone the best with their application smiley
lik to apply for master in Ireland and do u v any school via apply

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kenneth4000: 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hello house, I have bachelor degree in chemical engineering with Gpa of 3.10 and want to apply for master program and pls give school dat can accept my gpa for master and what are requirements for it.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Olalekank(m): 5:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
kenneth4000:
Hello house, I have bachelor degree in chemical engineering with Gpa of 3.10 and want to apply for master program and pls give school dat can accept my gpa for master and what are requirements for it.
First check out google then you can now come to ask questions

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by onyeji20: 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
wh..drop ur whatsapp number[/quote] 08163295301.Avalon House is at no 55 Aungier street Dublin 2.Tanx

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by foreverkind1(m): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
kenneth4000:
Bros ,you are too lazy to make just small research ,why will an adult like you ask for requirements ,bros na you wan study for abroad ,search by yourself ,se na we go help you look for job ,if you enter ireland too, meanwhile most schools do accept 2.2 , but some top schools accept only 2.1

N.B : no ask this kind question again, cos e dey annoy me ,as i remember self undecided

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sapph: 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2018
Heimdall:

For admission, your chances are somewhat high. As for the scholarship, it's hard to say; it depends on how good your cgpa is, compared to other people applying along with you.

If yours in among the highest when compared to other people applying then you stand a good chance, otherwise, your chances are pretty slim.

Contrary opinions anyone??

All the best!

Thank you Heimdall. Submitted my application on Friday. Will keep you update and hope to share my own good news here too.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chinlov: 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
Can anyone talk about their experience trying to go with kids. I understand they don't allow students to apply for their kids. Pls anyone with any information on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
Chinlov:
Can anyone talk about their experience trying to go with kids. I understand they don't allow students to apply for their kids. Pls anyone with any information on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Like you said, you’re not allowed to go with your spouse or child(ren). There are however a few exceptions- if you’re going for a PhD.

You’ll find the information you need here:
https://www.icosirl.ie/eng/student_information/students_with_children.html
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MissCee: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2018
Hello house,

I have seen someone say not all schools are eligible for the 24months stay in ireland after masters. I have just recently gotten admission from dublin business school. I saw online that schools awarded by QQF are eligible but does anyone know if this school is eligible for it? Wouldn't want to make any mistakes please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.