Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (720089 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 8:20am On Oct 04, 2020
papushe:
Please has anybody who applied on the 26th of August received an approval yet? My application for employment visa and join family was forwarded on the 31st of August to the embassy of Abuja but I did biometrics and final submission of the 26th.

Relax and give them 8 weeks minimum. Join family takes a little time

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by olajimii: 9:53am On Oct 04, 2020
Thanks for the insightful piece Sir. Indeed Ireland, and European countries in general, are very critical with the truth. Welcome to Ireland.
ExpressBooking:
Good afternoon everyone on this thread.

I guess u all know my story here. Well it all ended in praises after 14 months of visa application. We applied for Employment and Join family visas since July xxth, 2019. Visa was approved by the 2nd week of March 2020,but the Abuja embassy made a turn around and said they were investigating a TZ visa, entry and exit stamps on my passport and they don't know how long it will take. Thankfully the verification was successful after a very long time and we received the visas after 14 months of visa application.

There were frustrations and lessons learnt but I will summarize all in few sentences.

1. Thou shalt never show desperation to Irish Embassy.

2. Thou shalt not present any questionable or unverifiable documents for your visa application

3. Thou shalt not lie in any manner in ur application or in the build up to it

4. Thou shalt wear patience as a cloth and have faith as a virtue.

5. Thou shalt go to ur God in prayers. (Against the village people, cos truly they are at work)

6. Please and please if you are going to come with ur family, and have an adopted child, please exclude the child in the application or try to register the adoption with the adoption authority of Ireland before ur visa application, else you are in for a long thing. This made the Irish embassy Abuja request a DNA test from my family and myself. And it's not just a regular DNA test, it's at a designated laboratory by the embassy and in our case a lab in the UK and sample collection took place at IOM Lagos with an embassy representative present.

7. Never accept any visa or stamps to be placed on ur passport by proxy whether it is to disvirgin the passport or not, no matter how much u trust the person. It will ruin your application and a visa ban will follow.

8. Because Ireland pays child support for children and free education for every child, they are very critical when it comes to children and applications with children.

Thanks be to God that it all ended in praise for us. We have arrived Ireland safely and look forward to our next adventure of life. The weather is very cold here.

For all those still hopeful, God will help you all as we will join you all in prayers.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
olajimii:
Thanks for the insightful piece Sir. Indeed Ireland, and European countries in general, are very critical with the truth. Welcome to Ireland.

Thank u boss

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
IMustWin:
Bro, did you book one way? They're insisting a book a round ticket. But why?

Book directly from the airline website. Simple

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarina6002: 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
hello guys, am going on holiday to Nigeria from 22nd of this month and I will be leaving my place, accommodation is in the city Center Parnell square, I am sharing my room with one girl from Poland, 4 people in the house in total including the person to take my place. Rent is 390 and bills is 25 -30 euros per month. There are all buses to and fro all parts of Dublin and LUAS (train) around . Any girl interested should let me know.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Searching for accommodation is not an easy one o. Please those in Dublin afar angry angry
Any info?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by SasukeNG: 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
Amen.

Fedex delivered it on 18th September.

Preye21:

Amen you will. When did u submit. Or when did they recieve it rather
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Akinsu: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
Preye21:
Searching for accommodation is not an easy one o. Please those in Dublin afar angry angry
Any info?
No be beans, book one when you come we go run am during your 14days
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mahele: 10:44am On Oct 05, 2020
Not to be the bringer of bad news but I submitted since 6th December last year...still waiting o. Learnt the visa team on that category are operating out of Dublin and they are still working on submissions from September of lat year.

papushe:
Please has anybody who applied on the 26th of August received an approval yet? My application for employment visa and join family was forwarded on the 31st of August to the embassy of Abuja but I did biometrics and final submission of the 26th.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by papushe: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
Mahele:
Not to be the bringer of bad news but I submitted since 6th December last year...still waiting o. Learnt the visa team on that category are operating out of Dublin and they are still working on submissions from September of lat year.

Where did you make your submission? Is it Abuja embassy and what visa category is that? Is there a specific reason given to you that makes your visa decision to linger for this long? Please enlighten me.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by slimdolyin(m): 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
H Folks,
i had a lady was sent back from ireland port of entry bcuz her visa and passport doesnt match ( one number was missing among the 8 digit visa application number) the visa was real but embassy made the mistake.
she was not allowed entry, so make sure u confirm ur visa application number on ur passport before travelling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nalizzzy: 10:35am On Oct 06, 2020
Please has anyone use this online payment for DBS. It keeps telling me an error while authorizing payment
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by codedentwickler: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2020
Wow! If this is true then they have been lying to us. They claim they are already processing applications submitted on Sept 16, 2020 here (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Visa%20Decisions).

However, I submitted my application on July 29 and went for Biometric on August 17 and I am yet to get an update on my employment visa.

So you might be right, which is scary sad

Mahele:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ngjpub: 11:54am On Oct 06, 2020
Hi guys, trust we are keeping well? I see a few individuals have recommended Turkish airline, please what's their baggage allowance for economy tickets?

Again, where can I have the covid test done in Abuja without breaking a bank?

Thank you for your response.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by papushe: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
The website of visa application processing for a decision you have posted is for Dublin or am I mixing things up? Your employment permit that you hold is it under critical skills? Just a few questions for better clarification. Please somebody help...

codedentwickler:
Wow! If this is true then they have been lying to us. They claim they are already processing applications submitted on Sept 16, 2020 here (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Visa%20Decisions).

However, I submitted my application on July 29 and went for Biometric on August 17 and I am yet to get an update on my employment visa.

So you might be right, which is scary sad

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by codedentwickler: 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
Yes my work permit is critical skills and I think the embassy in Abuja processing study visas only at the moment. That is what is stated on the website here (https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/our-services/visas/weeklydecisionreports).

I think all employment visas are processed in Dublin.

papushe:
The website of visa application processing for a decision you have posted is for Dublin or am I mixing things up? Your employment permit that you hold is it under critical skills? Just a few questions for better clarification. Please somebody help...

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
codedentwickler:
Yes my work permit is critical skills and I think the embassy in Abuja processing study visas only at the moment. That is what is stated on the website here (https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/our-services/visas/weeklydecisionreports).

My wife's employment visa was processed in Abuja and it was for 6 weeks wait time
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
ngjpub:
Hi guys, trust we are keeping well? I see a few individuals have recommended Turkish airline, please what's their baggage allowance for economy tickets?

Again, where can I have the covid test done in Abuja without breaking a bank?

Thank you for your response.

Turkish Airlines allowed you 2x23kg as check in luggage, then 8kg max as hand luggage.

You don't need a Covid-19 test to fly with Turkish Airlines from Nigeria to Dublin

You might want to expedite ur travel arrangements as Ireland will enter a Level 3 lockdown today. The NPHET suggested a Level 5 lockdown (which is very extreme), but government refused and insisted on Level 3. The NPHET has said the level 3 will not yield any good results, and are still pressing for level 5. The government may give in if the rate of infection is increasing.

So if you have received your visa, please be very quick to arrive here before they impose a level 5 lockdown and Visas may possibly expire before it is lifted.

Goodluck to you all
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by papushe: 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
I don’t think that is the case. Your application is forwarded to the embassy nearest to you for a decision. Was it forwarded to Dublin or Abuja? Abuja embassy has specifically shown processing status for study visa category and does not mean that’s all they are treating at the moment. We all hope for the best. Hopefully we can relate more in the nearest future.

codedentwickler:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by papushe: 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
Congratulations. Please can you help us with the date her application was forwarded to the embassy if it is recently.

Thank you

ExpressBooking:

My wife's employment visa was processed in Abuja and it was for 6 weeks wait time
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by codedentwickler: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Yes I agree. I hope you're right and that I get updates on my visa application soon.

papushe:
I don’t think that is the case. Your application is forwarded to the embassy nearest to you for a decision. Was it forwarded to Dublin or Abuja? Abuja embassy has specifically shown processing status for study visa category and does not mean that’s all they are treating at the moment. We all hope for the best. Hopefully we can relate more in the nearest future.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ghost911: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
codedentwickler:

The embassy is currently processing student visa I'll say, because I currently work in Dublin and my company applied the critical skill visa for me, though it has been approved but I cant get the residence permit card till now and I contacted immigration and they said it mostly student visa now.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dchekzy: 5:56am On Oct 07, 2020
Hello everyone, please for processing Irish students visa, can I use the account statement of my uncle or my cousin as proof of funds?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 11:59am On Oct 07, 2020
Good morning aspirants,

Assuming you have offers from both schools in IT/ Business programmes, which school will you prefer and why?

National College of Ireland (NCI) VS Dublin Business School (DBS)
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarina6002: 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
Philadelphia:
Good morning aspirants,

Assuming you have offers from both schools in IT/ Business programmes, which school will you prefer and why?

National College of Ireland (NCI) VS Dublin Business School (DBS)

NCI is one of the best in country. I’d go for NCI

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
dchekzy:
Hello everyone, please for processing Irish students visa, can I use the account statement of my uncle or my cousin as proof of funds?
Yes, if you share same family name with them or can prove a link with them.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by papushe: 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
codedentwickler:
Yes I agree. I hope you're right and that I get updates on my visa application soon.

By God’s grace it will end in praise.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Boladaleyen234: 12:52am On Oct 08, 2020
Hello If you are looking for accomodation close to the university of limerick ..contact me I stay in a four bedroom apartment which is 15minutes from UL ...rent is 500euro per month inclusive of Bill ...if interested send me a mail .
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by praiseneo(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
olajimii:
pls which airline did you use and where did you fly from ? Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by praiseneo(m): 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
Preye21:
Any info?
hello Preye I sent you a mail pls kindly check thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
praiseneo:
hello Preye I sent you a mail pls kindly check thanks

Mailed back
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ngjpub: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
For those that travelled via Abuja, I heard you will be required to produce your Covid test result before entering the airport regardless of the airline. Are there specified testing centers whose results are accepted or only government hospitals? Is there anyone who has travelled via Abuja Or about to via Abuja?

Please share your thoughts.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.