Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (723095 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by fatsonm: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
fatsonm:
Hello house. I have been a silent reader on this group. I will like to ask is there any one on this who got admission into ireland via scholarhip? please signify!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2018
Getting a job after your masters depends on your skills and what you have to offer to the organisation. But there are several jobs available.

You are entitled to get 2yrs post graduate visa as long as you apply for it few months before you graduate i think.

mychellin:

Thanks for the response.
Pls, what's your view about getting better job after schooling and opportunity of settling down in Dublin after 2 yrs post graduate visa. Pls share your knowledge base on experience there.

A student in Dublin or someone with experience should help with answers to this question. Any opportunity of settling down after 2 years post graduate visa.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mychellin: 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
Blessedolamide:

@2, I'm only aware of the fact that a PhD student can bring his/her family along. For MSc? I doubt. But may be possible, like inviting some of your family members to come for your graduation shouldn't be an issue. I'll try to confirm this.

Thanks for your response.
Kindly help confirm if there is a way to use my Jan2019 offer for Sept 2019 admission. I actually requested for Sept but got Jan offer. I need to make urgent personal decision. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mychellin: 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
MzDeeb:
Getting a job after your masters depends on your skills and what you have to offer to the organisation. But there are several jobs available.

You are entitled to get 2yrs post graduate visa as long as you apply for it few months before you graduate i think.

Thanks MzDeeb as usual.

please my agent insists i can use the Jan offer for Sept admission since I actually selected Sept in my application. Am confused and need to urgent decision. Can use help clarify this claim as well. I count on your response.

Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 12:11am On Nov 05, 2018
mychellin:

Thanks MzDeeb as usual.

please my agent insists i can use the Jan offer for Sept admission since I actually selected Sept in my application. Am confused and need to urgent decision. Can use help clarify this claim as well. I count on your response.

Thanks.

I really do not understand what you're trying to say.

Which application did you select sept?

If you were giving admission for January intake and you can't make it. You have two options ;

1. Send a mail to the school to help you defer the January admission till September.

2. Wait till September admission is open and re-apply.

Please do let me know if my explanation is in line with your question.

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Coco2019: 7:00am On Nov 05, 2018
Segunagagu:
Guys plss I need ur suggestion..

I wanted to use the education Bond for proof of statement.. unknowingly to me..I thought I can pay with my dollar card.

So I changed the money to Dollars. So wen I registered..I got to know that i can only pay using by bank transfer. Or through the money in my euro account..
and I don't have euro in my euro account. because getting euro is very very very hard...

So I want to ask. If I should just leave the money in my domiciliary dollar account and just use it as proof of funds.. couple with the 2 million I have in my savings account..

So my main question now is. If I can also use my domiciliary dollar bank statement for my visa application with the 8000 Dollars in it...
Thank you.. pls I need ur suggestion fast plssssss..
Segunagagu:

I wanted to use the education Bond for proof of statement.. unknowingly to me..I thought I can pay with my dollar card.

So I changed the money to Dollars. So wen I registered..I got to know that i can only pay using by bank transfer. Or through the money in my euro account..
and I don't have euro in my euro account. because getting euro is very very very hard...

So I want to ask. If I should just leave the money in my domiciliary dollar account and just use it as proof of funds.. couple with the 2 million I have in my savings account..

So my main question now is. If I can also use my domiciliary dollar bank statement for my visa application with the 8000 Dollars in it...
Segunagagu:

Segunagagu:

.... I paid mine through dollar account .. Edu bond got thesame amount of 7010. So yes you can pay through your dollar account. But you have to cover the cost of sender’s and receiver’s charges for them to get that exact amount .
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2018
Coco2019:
.... I paid mine through dollar account .. Edu bond got thesame amount of 7010. So yes you can pay through your dollar account. But you have to cover the cost of sender’s and receiver’s charges for them to get that exact amount .
How did u payplsssss... through bank or where??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Coco2019: 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
Segunagagu:

Segunagagu:

Segunagagu:

shey you are been given their account details? Go to the bank and tell them you want to make transfer abroad, they will give you a form fill it and don’t forget to include your name and date of birth or you can use the reference number sent to you by them (it’s there on the bank details sent to you by Edu bond).
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:08am On Nov 06, 2018
We are back again...

I'll be sharing updates on visa application for 2019 as released by the Irish visa office.

So if you have any urgent question regarding admissions and visa applications I'll be happy to answer.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2018
Segunagagu:

https://paytostudy.com/
You will find all the information you need on that website.

Also speak to your agent , if your agent does not have enough information, your offer letter has email of the international office of your Uni and email contact of the Irish representative in charge of Africa , please send them an email.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uchegod05(m): 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hello huz being followin dis trend for a while. i just got admission in Griffith college to study M.A in Journalism and Public Relations in Jan 2019. Pls ova der in ireland what re d job prospect in dis feild.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
ICaSNg:

https://paytostudy.com/
You will find all the information you need on that website.

Also speak to your agent , if your agent does not have enough information, your offer letter has email of the international office of your Uni and email contact of the Irish representative in charge of Africa , please send them an email.

Cheers
Thank you Soo much.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
ICaSNg:
We are back again...

I'll be sharing updates on visa application for 2019 as released by the Irish visa office.

So if you have any urgent question regarding admissions and visa applications I'll be happy to answer.

Cheers
We will love to hear ma..as this will be of help to most of us..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
uchegod05:
Hello huz being followin dis trend for a while. i just got admission in Griffith college to study M.A in Journalism and Public Relations in Jan 2019. Pls ova der in ireland what re d job prospect in dis feild.

Find skilled eligible occupations here;

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workplace-and-Skills/Employment-Permits/Employment-Permit-Eligibility/Highly-Skilled-Eligible-Occupations-List/

This does not mean if you have the skills required by an employer they can't sponsor you.However , you have 24 month automatic graduate visa to stay back and work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2018
ICaSNg:

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workplace-and-Skills/Employment-Permits/Employment-Permit-Eligibility/Highly-Skilled-Eligible-Occupations-List/

This does not mean if you have the skills required by an employer they can't sponsor you.However , you have 24 month automatic graduate visa to stay back and work

Welcome.

Can you help please throw more light on that 24 months stay back work visa, what happens after the 24 months
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uchegod05(m): 11:42pm On Nov 06, 2018
ICaSNg:

Tankz 4 ur reply

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by innamorat(f): 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2018
A friend of mine who is a medical doctor wants to apply for a job from Nigeria to Ireland. Please how easy can this be. I need your feedbacks. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by babzy90: 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2018
Please which agent are you using?
mychellin:

Thanks MzDeeb as usual.

Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by moe0164: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2018
ugomnaanny:
thanks
Hi. I have an offer for an Msc Chemical Engineering from Limerick and intend to apply for my visa about 3 months to September. However, I would be glad to know if you know anyone that has succesfully gotten a visa with 6000 euros as against full payment? Also, my sponsor wants to know if they can withdraw from the closing balance once I have printed out and submitted the statement of account? Thank you for all your help.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
moe0164:
Hi. I have an offer for an Msc Chemical Engineering from Limerick and intend to apply for my visa about 3 months to September. However, I would be glad to know if you know anyone that has succesfully gotten a visa with 6000 euros as against full payment? Also, my sponsor wants to know if they can withdraw from the closing balance once I have printed out and submitted the statement of account? Thank you for all your help.

Yes UL accepts 6,000 euros deposit as of september 2018.

The embassy states a minimum tuition fee payment of 6,000 euros . However, most institutions want the full payment before visa application.

My advice will be for you to contact the international office by May for latest requirement with regards to payment of tuition fees.
I am however aware that Limerick often requests a non-refundable acceptance fee of 500 euros within stipulated time as stated on your offer letter.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
innamorat:
A friend of mine who is a medical doctor wants to apply for a job from Nigeria to Ireland. Please how easy can this be. I need your feedbacks. Thanks

He will have to check for medical exams, licensing and adaptation as required by the Irish government.

The UK also has PLAB exams for medical doctors ; once they pass the different stages of their plab, they can get adaptation slot or job directly in the UK.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 5:10am On Nov 13, 2018
Biakwa:

Welcome.

Can you help please throw more light on that 24 months stay back work visa, what happens after the 24 months

Good morning @ICaSNg,

Still awaiting your response the godfather

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
Reasons to join early intakes : January, February and April 2019 intakes !!!

Early intake for most countries mean students get longer visas , opportunity to adjust to the cultural difference, more leisure
time or less academic workload and definitely more hours to work.

For example, September intakes for postgraduate student means 12 months straight for academic workload:

September to Jan - 1st semester

Feb to May - 2nd semester

June to september - 3rd semester.

However, early intakes have at least 4 - 6 months holiday to work full time because early intakes only study for the first 2 semesters , have the summer holidays off and next academic year for dissertation / masters project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Calydra1: 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
I just met an agent today and I am hoping to apply for MPH....he says I need toefl for that, I am still considering putting an application in for Canada as well...please anyone with information on public health in Ireland?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ola9292(m): 12:03am On Nov 14, 2018
ICaSNg:

Yes UL accepts 6,000 euros deposit as of september 2018.

The embassy states a minimum tuition fee payment of 6,000 euros . However, most institutions want the full payment before visa application.

My advice will be for you to contact the international office by May for latest requirement with regards to payment of tuition fees.
I am however aware that Limerick often requests a non-refundable acceptance fee of 500 euros within stipulated time as stated on your offer letter.
Please is it compulsory you pay up to £6000 b4 applying for visa cos my agent told me i can pay just £3000 and get my visa...i need answer please. Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2018
ICaSNg:
Reasons to join early intakes : January, February and April 2019 intakes !!!

Early intake for most countries mean students get longer visas , opportunity to adjust to the cultural difference, more leisure
time or less academic workload and definitely more hours to work.

For example, September intakes for postgraduate student means 12 months straight for academic workload:

September to Jan - 1st semester

Feb to May - 2nd semester

June to september - 3rd semester.

However, early intakes have at least 4 - 6 months holiday to work full time because early intakes only study for the first 2 semesters , have the summer holidays off and next academic year for dissertation / masters project.

Most of the schs I have seen dont have April intake, I would have preferred that to September

Is there a way to check or I have to ask from the sch? Also if I want to apply for April, when is it advisable to start? January apps have closed already

Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2018
Calydra1:
I just met an agent today and I am hoping to apply for MPH....he says I need toefl for that, I am still considering putting an application in for Canada as well...please anyone with information on public health in Ireland?

Check the schools on Webometric and see if they have MPH

Also Ireland processing time is faster than that of Canada...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 7:46am On Nov 14, 2018
Ola9292:

Please is it compulsory you pay up to £6000 b4 applying for visa cos my agent told me i can pay just £3000 and get my visa...i need answer please. Thanks.

. Euros u mean
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 7:50am On Nov 14, 2018
Ola9292:

Pls provide your agents name so we can formally report such to the embassy. He's a fraud and he intends screwing up your visa application.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Calydra1: 8:09am On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=hustla post=72952030]

Check the schools on Webometric and see if they have MPH

Thanks I would check it out but what’s the full address the site I was able to check only showed rankings
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=Calydra1 post=72952640][/quote]

You go to each sch from the rankings
Their websites are embedded in the names
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ola9292(m): 8:59am On Nov 14, 2018
hustla:

. Euros u mean
Yh,euros,he said he can get me a pubkic college where the tuition will be £6000 and i will just £3000 b4 leaving naija

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.